T H O R N |Finnick Odair

By naerysa

CAUTION ⚠️ i wrote this book when I was young. As a result, it is quite bad grammatically/descriptively. Pls... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27
28.
29.
30.
31.

10.

3.9K 64 13
By naerysa

I'm supposed to leave for the tour tonight to get to district five by morning. I wear a cozy outfit as I step outside, aware of the cameras that will be following me. I see the main camera move and focus in on me as I sway my hips, walking towards it and stopping on the X as instructed.

I stop and wave to the camera, sure it's being broadcast. "Rose! How do you do darling?" I hear the familiar voice ask. I chuckle and answer honestly.

"I'm great! I'm excited to see all of the districts, especially the capitol!" Caesar laughs.

"So how have you been? How's home?" He asks eagerly.

"It's amazing to be back. I missed the smell of the ocean and the fish, as gross as that sounds. Especially with Finnick." I plant his name strategically.

"Finnick, is that who you're currently dating?" I hear the excitement.

"Well I don't know Caesar, I guess you'll have to find out!" I respond, winking at the camera. "You can't do that! Rose! Ah bummer folks but don't worry-" his voice fades as I walk away towards the train.

Mags has to come with me since I don't have another mentor. Once we get on I put my bag in my room and walk back out to the lounge car, only to see my favourite stylist, Po. I give him a big hug and we chat to catch up.

"You're the talk in the capitol. The beautiful, stunning, sea-kissed victor," I laugh at that, he always knows how to cheer me up.

"They can't wait to see you at the end. But until then I have an amazing set of outfits for you." I smile excitedly, his outfits are the best.

I go to sleep early, preparing myself for the people in district five. Tonight is the first night without Finnick, and it goes as I thought it would. I have terrible nightmares, reliving everything I wanted to forget.

In the morning my outfit has already been set out for me.

I put it on, feeling marvellous. I walk out of my bedroom and greet Mags. "You look beautiful."

I smile "Thank you."

We eat breakfast together and wait for the train to arrive at its destination. I look out the windows as five comes into view finally. It's a bit of a bigger district than ours, the climate is much different, not as much water. District five is responsible for power in the capitol.

Once we arrive Po gives me my crown and we are escorted to the justice building. I wait behind the doors before I'm allowed by the mayor to go out. I give a short and quick speech as I didn't know either of the five tributes.

"I'm here to thank both of your noble tributes for their sacrifices. Their bravery and courage was admirable and I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for them. We are all united as one under the capitol. Panem today, Panem tomorrow, Panem forever." The people clap and I give a bow to both of the families.

Roses are thrown from the crowd and I wave, catching them and inhaling, smiling. I look directly at the camera and wink, hopefully making the people of the capitol go crazy. The mayor makes a quick speech and I'm escorted back inside.

Mags nods at me and we start our trek back to the train. I smile at all of the people gathered around the barriers to the train. One little girl holds out a bouquet of flowers. I take it and smile at her. "When I grow up I wanna be in the games!" My smile falters as I hear this. She doesn't know what she's saying. I continue walking and make it back into the train, putting the flowers in a vase.

I sit, watching the trees go by, imagining what it would be like to be out in the wilderness, to be free.

Our next stop is district six, transportation.

I have a similar speech but change it a bit, I killed both of these tributes so I need to make it seem personal. "I'm here today to celebrate the lives of your courageous tributes. Coral and Zeph were both fighters. They survived to the last day and that is a huge feat. I almost lost my life to coral and I am truly sorry that they could not be here. I salute their bravery. We are all one under Panem, brothers and sisters. We all fight for the same cause. Thank you."

7,8,9, and 10 are uneventful. I didn't kill anyone of their tributes, I made the same speech with slight variants. 11 was different, I killed both of them in their sleep.

Before I take the stage I meet a few prior victors from 11. "Congratulations." One of the women comes up to me, I think her name is Seeder. A different man comes to greet me but instead of a handshake or a hug he kisses me full on the lips. I'm left shocked by this as he laughs.

I walk onto the stage, keeping the tips from Sycae in mind. I stroll up to the microphone and begin my speech. "Both of the tributes from 11 were warriors. I was angry that night and went hunting. Unfortunately I came across them. I tried to be as merciful as possible, not to prolong anything. I'm very grateful to have been in the games with these two. I thank you, as their family and community, for their sacrifice and mourn with you. We are all one under the Capitol."

Next was 12. I killed their female tribute and their male died on his own.

Before I walk onto the stage I see another victor, the only one from district 12. Haymitch, who I talked to on the phone. "Rose, right?" He asks, I can smell the alcohol on him.

"Yeah, that's me." I say and shake his hand.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry about your parents, once again. They were good friends." I nod but he goes in for a hug which surprises me.

"If I know anything, you're pleasing the president, you're the talk around anywhere," Haymitch whispers and I sigh, relieved I'm doing well. That might mean Finnick is safe.

"But don't get too comfortable. The president isn't known to be an honest and faithful man. He might do something, just to exert his power. Stay sharp," Haymitch comments, walking off to the side.

I walk onto the stage and up to the mic, starting my speech. "The tributes from this district we eccentric. They were ready to take on the challenge of the games and I applaud them for that. One of your tributes almost killed me, She was a fighter. I thank both families for their sacrifice and support you in your hard times. Panem will forever link us to one another as brother and sister, we all yearn for the same victory, but sadly only one can accomplish it. Thank you."

This district is one of the less advanced. They provide coal for the capitol, they haven't had many victors in the past. Soon they might not have any living victors left.

Once we finish with twelve we travel all the way back to three and work our way towards the capitol from there.

I didn't kill anyone from three so again my speech is bland, filling up the time until I can leave. "The tributes that represented this vital district were valiant. Fighting as hard as they could to bring honour, and I assure you they did. Unfortunately only one can claim the crown for these games, and they were caught in the crossfire. I mourn with you, but also celebrate their lives. They accomplished something while they lived, the other lives they touched. I thank you all for the sacrifice." This dress is shorter than usual so I sway my hips while I walk off, aiming for the camera. If Snow is pleased he won't kill anyone, that is my only goal.

Now we get to the fun part. District 1 and 2, then the capitol. District 2 first, I killed both of them.

(Outfit 2 for district 2, 1 for district 1)

None of the victors talk to me here. They all stare at me from a distance.

I walk out onto the stage to hear cheers from the crowd. The justice building here is a much more advanced and updated than some of the others I've seen, due to two being so close to the capitol.

"Where do I start with these two. Nio almost killed me at the beginning of the games. He was fast and smart, I was saddened to have to kill him. Abatha was the last tribute alive and I applaud her for that. It took a great deal of integrity to get to that stage. It was a close matchup at the end and unfortunately, she didn't pull through. She was smart, strong, and hardworking, I mourn her loss with all of you alike. I'm glad I was able to be put against tributes who challenged my own skill. I thank both families for their lives, they were great tributes and people. But don't forget that we are all united under the capitol! Panem today. Panem tomorrow. Panem forever."

I do my routine and walk off, almost cringing at how loudly they applaud my Panem part. I don't mean anything I say but if it keeps everyone alive then I'll do it.

Finally it's my last day of the tour. One would be in the morning, then the capitol party  afterward. And of course my first client. God I had forgotten that was thing.

(First outfit)
As I wait in the justice building preparing, a female victor comes up to me. "I'm Cashmere. You killed the female from 2, right?" She asks abruptly. I'm taken aback but answer anyway.

"Yeah." She shakes her head.

"I knew her arrogance as gonna get her killed." She walks away while muttering.

I walk out onto the stage, confidence pouring out of me. The cameras will be broadcast right to the capitol, gotta show off. My skirt is shorter and allows me to show off my legs and ass.

I wave, smile, blow kisses, and wink, everything Sycae taught me to do. I look over and see Jaspers face, still as haunting as ever. There are young girls on the stage and as I walk to the mic one of them hands me some flowers. I smile at her and thank her. I stand up straight and start my usual speech.

"Wow. Your district is absolutely breathtaking. Jasper and Sterling were some very talented tributes. We were all evenly matched, they almost got the better of me. They were smart, fast, and strong, an ideal tribute. Sterling killed my district partner and I-" I pause for a second.

"I applaud her for her strength and willingness to do whatever it takes. Jasper was for sure a winner, any other games and I'm sure he would've done it. I thank their families for their lives and skills, I mourn their loss and continue to remember that we are all brothers and sisters, united as one. Thank you." I walk backstage and throw the flowers out. I don't need any reminder of this place.

I get back on the train quickly and Po immediately starts working on some dramatic makeup. Once he finishes I'm put into my dress and it's stunning. Sycae will definitely be happy about this one.

Once we arrive in the capitol it's already dark and Sycae meets me at the train to escort me to the party. She'll also be showing me who my client is after we are done.

When we arrive, people immediately start shoving food at me. I can't lie, it's all delicious but I can't eat it all. I start denying food. Sycae introduces me to some influential capitol men and I dance with about five of them. Let's just say they weren't looking me in the eye as we danced. I could use this to my advantage for the next games, for the next tribute.

After I've finished dancing Sycae grabs my arm and pulls me along with her, right in front of the presidents mansion. There are many people gathered to hear what the monster has to say.

"Tonight, on this, the last day of her tour, I want to welcome our victor. A girl that embodies what we all strive to be. Intelligent, strong, kind, and obviously, quite beautiful." I fake a smile and the crowd cheers at the statement.

"To Rose personally, I'd like to extend my condolences for her loved ones, and to remind her that she still has people who care about her, as long as she lives."

At the end of the statement lights appear on his mansion and waves flow over the sides of it. We hear pops and turn around to see blue fireworks in the sky. They look beautiful, but I look back at the president anyway. He's already looking at me and subtly nods his head. Telling me I've sold the idea to the capitol. Thank god.

After the light show Sycae gives me my outfit and escorts me to where I'll meet my client and "perform"

I'm instructed to sit in the chair in the middle of the room and wait until he comes in, he only has me till 2:00 am and it's 12:00 right now. Finally I hear the door knob slowly turn and the door creaks open. In walks a man, he's much older than me with a few grey hairs. I sit there looking at him, doing everything Sycae instructed me to.

"I'm Romulus Thread." He says while looking me up and down hungrily.

"Rose." I respond curtly.

"If you do well, there may be a bonus in it for you." He smirks at me. I don't want his money, or jewels. What can I ask for?

Something the capitol has no control over once I have it?

Secrets.

"How about a secret? Who would I tell? And if I did no one would believe me."

He chuckles. "Alright, the better you perform, the better the secret." I nod, standing up.

He takes my place and I start my performance.

I lay in the bed, sweaty and breathing hard. The time is 1:58, so I get out and start dressing myself in comfy clothes. The man sits up, watching me as I do so. "Where's my secret?" I ask in a seductive tone while I finish getting my clothes on.

"Since you did so well, I'll give you one about snow. He used poison to climb his way to presidency." He looks me in the eye.

"Oooooh, juicy." I respond while picking up everything, getting ready to leave. I hide my surprise at this statement.

"I had a great time tonight Rose, you are... very talented." He says while getting out of the bed. I walk over to the door and before leaving turn around

"Thanks." I wink and leave him by himself once more.

I meet Sycae outside and we return to the train. She tries to ask questions but I ignore her, immediately returning to my bedroom in the train. I sleep horribly, feeling uncomfortable the entire time. When we get back I still have to put on my happy face for the cameras, I smile and wave while I walk to Mags house. Once I'm finally inside I drop the act and hug Finnick. I want to make the most of my 6 months before I'm off to the capitol again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 160 11
Peeta's and Katniss' life after the uprising. Do they get their happily ever after? *** "You don't see it do you?" He pauses and brushes some of my...
57.9K 1.3K 29
Two years have past since the war and Katniss' life is still in ruins. With the realisation of having fake feelings towards Peeta she's missed Gale m...
41.5K 625 25
'𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉, 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖎𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖇𝖑𝖊, 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝕬𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖓𝖆 𝖂𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖓𝖔...
7.5K 178 29
ೃ༄ 𝐊𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐀 🔱🌊˚◞♡ ﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌ * ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ ☁️ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲, training the kids from your district, as a...