Defying Destiny - A Merlin Fa...

By BookLover905

. "Sometimes I wonder if you've missed me as much as I'v... More

Trailer
Cast
Prologue
Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 26

2.1K 70 24
By BookLover905

Music is for later

" Merlin and I must go see the king. We'll be back soon, my lady" Gaius gently told Aria who was sat by Mordred's side.

Aria simply nodded not taking the eyes off Mordred for a second. Gaius and Merlin shared a worried look, concerned for the princess before they left the chambers

As soon as the door closed, Aria lent forward to stroke Mordred's cheek gently with the back of her hand. "Please Mordred. Please don't leave me. As cheesy as it sounds, I can't live without you" She quietly said with more tears threatening to fall.

Just then Merlin burst through the door and headed straight for his room. He came back a few minutes later with a bag slung over his shoulder

" Where are you going?" Aria asked standing up from her seat.

" The Disir" Merlin replied and headed for the door.

" Merlin?" Aria called out before he left.

Merlin stopped and turned around to look at the young princess.

" Promise me you'll save him?" She asked

Merlin hesitated when answering.
"....I'll try"

Aria smiled gratefully at Merlin and he left as Gaius was walking in.

Gaius walked over to his workbench and picked up a small bottle with purple liquid before walking over to Aria and held out the bottle to her.

" Here, drink this. It'll help you sleep."

Aria hesitantly took the bottle and just stared at it.

" About that. I've been meaning to tell that I've been having nightmares" Aria informs

Looking concerned, Gaius grabbed another stool, placed it in front of Aria and sat down.

" When did they start?" He asked.

" A couple of weeks ago" Aria replied

Gaius thought for a moment

" And is it the same dream every time?" He questioned

Aria nodded her head

" What happens in these dreams?"

" It's a fiery plane with numerous bodies of Camelot knights laying in the grass. There's a raven cawing noisily on top of an abandoned helmet. And among the dead knights, I could see their faces. Elyan, Gwaine, Percival, Leon and Violet. They were all dead. There's this eerie voice continuously echoing, Eyes blue as the sky, hair of sunshine gold, only Nerys can prevent what is foretold. Gaius, what does this mean?" Aria was almost in tears as she recalled the horrible dream.

Gaius looked slightly alarmed, Merlin had told him how Aria was also known as Nerys.

He placed a comforting hand on Aria's

"They're only dreams Aria. Its nothing to worry about. I'll prepare a sleeping draft to for you" Gaius reassured the girl with a kind smile.

" Thank you, Gaius, " Aria smiled.

Gaius stood up and walked away as Aria hesitantly drank the potion in her hand. The memories of the disgusting potion she drank to see her fathers ghost still fresh in her mind. But this one didn't taste as bad. It was still gross but had a slight flavour of blackberries.

Aria gave the bottle back to Gaius and laid her head on the side of the bed. Her eyes began to feel heavy and they eventually closed and she fell asleep.

Gaius walked over and placed a blanket over the sleeping girl to keep her warm throughout the night.

____________________________________

Aria awoke the next morning feeling the warm sun on her face. Her eyes fluttered open and she sat up, stretching. She looked at Mordred who was still unconscious and frowned, scared for his life.

Gaius was already awake and was collecting things in his medicine bag.
" Good Morning, my lady" Gaius greeted the still sleepy princess

" Morning, Gaius" Aria grumbled rubbing her eyes.

" I'm off to do my round. If anything changes, send for me imminently." Gaius ordered

" I will" Aria nodded as she began to comb her fingers through her hair trying to make it look presentable before redoing her braid.

Gaius smiled at the young girl before leaving the chambers.

Aria looked sadly at the injured boy lying in the bed who she had grown feelings for. She gently took his hand in hers and squeezed it.

"Remember our deal, Mordred? I'd sing for you and you'd show me some of your magic "

No answer

" Well, I hope you can hear me because I am not doing this a second time. " Aria smiled

She glanced at the door making sure that Gaius wouldn't walk in at any second. He didn't, so Aria began to softly sing to Mordred hoping that he could hear her.

I love this place
But it's haunted without you
My tired heart
Is beating so slow

Our hearts sing less than
We wanted, we wanted
Our hearts sing 'cause
We do not know, we do not know

To light the night, to help us grow
To help us grow
It is not said, I always know

You can catch me
Don't you run, don't you run
If you live another day
In this happy little house
The fire's here to stay

To light the night, to help us grow
To help us grow
It is not said, I always know

Please don't make a fuss, it won't go away
The wonder of it all
The wonder that I made
I am here to stay

I am here to stay
Stay

As Aria finished singing she felt Mordred's hand tighten around her's.

" Aria..."

Aria's head shot up to see Mordred's tired pale eyes staring back at her and she let out a relieved laugh. Mordred sat up in the bed and Aria quickly hugged him tightly, crying tears of relief.

"You're alive, you're alive" Aria muttered as she hugged him tightly. Mordred slightly chuckled at how relieved she was.

As they pulled back from the hug, Aria couldn't help herself and she suddenly connected her lips to Mordred's. She felt little sparks as she did.

Mordred was shocked at first before finally kissing her back. Her lips were soft and delicate and they fit together with his like a puzzle piece

When they finally pulled away for breath, both their faces were red.

" I heard you," Mordred said as he caressed Aria's cheek lovingly.

Aria looked at him confused

" I heard you speaking to me and singing. You truly do have a beautiful voice"

Aria blushed and smiled.

" And I can't live without you either. No matter how cheesy it sounds" Mordred laughed.

Aria laughed as well and they went to kiss again but were interrupted by the door opening and Gaius walking in. He stopped and smiled when he noticed Mordred was awake and looking healthy.

" Mordred, my boy." Gaius smiled walking over " How are you feeling?

Mordred smiled kindly at the old man before looking at Aria. " Never better"

Aria smiled, blushed and looked down.

Gaius noticed and smiled knowing something had definitely happened between them whilst he was gone.

Suddenly Violet came rushing through the door looking frantic.

" Aria, their back" She announced with a smile

" Then let's not keep them waiting" Aria smiled at Mordred who smiled back.

After Mordred had gotten dressed he and Aria went down to the courtyard to meet Merlin and Arthur.

Merlin and Arthur had just dismounted their horses when Aria and Mordred walked out of the castle doors holding hands and smiling.

Both men looked shocked as they thought, due to Arthur's choice to keep magic outlawed in Camelot, that Mordred would surely die. Merlin stood by his horse frozen in place as he stared at Mordred.

Mordred and Aria rushed down the steps to greet Arthur at the bottom. Arthur clasped wrists with Mordred before bringing the young knight into a manly hug.

When Mordred and Arthur pulled away Aria hugged her brother tightly.

" Thank you" Aria whispered to Arthur who smiled relieved that his sister was now back to her smiling happy self.

____________________________________

" How could I have been so stupid?" Merlin muttered to Gaius as they stood watching Mordred and Arthur fight in the training grounds through the windows of the castle.

" You did what you thought what best" Gaius reassured him.

" I thought the best way to protect Arthur and Aria was to kill Mordred."

" A perfectly natural assumption"

" But all I did what make sure he lived. That was the Disir's judgement. Mordred's life is Arthur's punishment for rejecting magic" Merlin murmured regretfully.

" You must blame yourself," Gaius said

" But it is my fault," Merlin said looking at his mentor "Mordred is alive and well. He's free to play his part in Arthur's death and there's nothing I can do to prevent it. Nothing "

Merlin looked back out the window when he heard the knights cheering. Mordred had successfully defeated Arthur sword fighting.

Arthur picked up Mordred high in the air by his legs. Mordred smiled happily over at Aria who is smiling just as big and is clapping her hands in excitement.

" Merlin, if Mordred had died, Aria would be heartbroken," Gaius warned

Merlin looked at him confused

" I am certain that they know of their feelings for one another. Look" Gaius said pointing down to the training field.

Merin looked to see Mordred approach Aria and spin her round in the air smiling before placing her on her feet and giving her a sweet kiss the lips.

Merlin sighed and just watched them with a worried look. Despite the vision he saw, he knew that Aria would get hurt by Mordred and he couldn't do anything to stop it happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.7K 43
Random one-shots about Merlin and characters! *Morgana, Mordred, Balinor, Will, and Freya are alive. *Morgana and Mordred are good. *Mordred is a kni...
204K 7.6K 19
Arthur had always thought that he was lucky like he had some sort of guardian angel. He never thought that the guardian angel watching over him was h...
8.6K 242 35
Follow Alexandra on her journey in Camelot along with her brother, the great wizard, Merlin. Everyone has a destiny, so what is hers? With powers so...
28.7K 935 42
Once more Magdelena is faced with challenges of love and loss. She may overcome them but she certainly won't be alone with a love-struck Arthur and h...