A Chance For Growth II

By Twisted_Truths

We coming back at you in part two of this roller coaster ride. You're not safe yet, life ain't ever easy so... More

My Secrets, Your Questions
He's Not Family
Your Soulmate is Only Yours
I'll Always Protect You
Steps to a Better Life
Finally On Track
Where We Belong
No Need for Jealousy
You Can Handle It
Try and Make It Work
Keep It Pushing
Turn a Negative to Positive
Should've Been Done
What's Going On
And Then There Was 3
PSA: What's going on?
Strange Things are Happening
There's Beauty In The Struggle
This Can't Be
Get Out of Your Head
Please Don't Go, Not Again
These are Your Choices
This Isn't Our Ending
Can't Get Right
Two Can Play
This is Too Much
Too Soon
Time Has Passed
Like Magnets
Another Chance...Again
FUCK THE AIR YOU BREATHE
We Never Needed Him
A CHANCE FOR GROWTH 3

No More Denial

748 51 130
By Twisted_Truths

Getting back from dinner, Brey walked upstairs to Taraji's room. She took a deep breath before knocking, knowing that this conversation could go either way. Either she was about to get cussed out and forced into a long lecture, or she was going to be shocked and concerned. "Come in Brey!" Raji yelled out. Aubrey's heart started beating extremely fast. She didn't know how Raji knew who was outside her door like that. "Hey mama...can we talk about something?" She softly asked. "Of course. Come here," Raji patted the bed as she scooted back towards the headboard.

Brey let out another heavy breath as she crawled onto the bed. Laying her head down, she rushed out her next thought. "I had sex with Court for the first time and I was bleeding afterwards and I don't know if I have an STD or that was supposed to happen. Please don't be mad," she said in 1 breath. Taraji just stared at her for a few minutes. It wasn't like with Cel. Brey was relatively the obedient and respectful child. She didn't know what to think or to say. "Why?" She finally asked. Brey looked up at her confused, not sure where this was going. "Why what?" She asked back before saying the wrong thing.

"Why did you decide to have sex today?" Taraji elaborated. Taking a moment, she knew that saying he was going to leave was not the right answer. She was almost certain that Marcel used his depression to get into Phire's pants and she didn't want Taraji thinking that Court did the same thing using his military decision. "I don't know. It just felt right. We haven't seen each other in so long and we picked up like nothing ever changed. I love him so much mama. It felt like it was time," she answered, her cheeks growing rosey red. "Mmhmm," Raji hummed, thinking back to the first time she and Terry had sex.

She remembered that day like it was yesterday. She felt like it was time as well when she finally said yes to him. She knew the feeling all too well. She couldn't be too mad, although she wished that the kids would've waited a little bit longer. "You don't have an STD. It's supposed to bleed but it won't last long. Does Courtland feel the same about you?" Raji questioned, taking off her engagement ring. Brey watched her closely, seeing where the ring would land. Seeing her put the ring onthw night stand and lotion her arms, she let out a breath she was holding. "Ummm I think so. I mean I'm pretty sure he does," she answered, not really sure.

"Well I think you should find out about that before continuing this type of relationship. I'd hate for you to get your heart broken. Also Brey, you need to tell Lori that you're having sex now. You're going to need well woman exams, condoms, birth control. This isn't a simple task for us women. We gotta do above and beyond things to make sure our bodies stay right," Raji explained. Aubrey nodded, taking in everything she was saying. Even though she had no intentions of having sex with anyone other than Courtland. Well no other guy at least.

Sensing some sort of sadness, Brey decided to ask the lingering question. "Daddy still hasn't called you?" She asked. "Nooooopppppee," Raji drug out. She was starting to no longer care. After thinking the worst case scenarios, nothing would be a surprise to her when it came time to discuss why he'd been avoiding her. "You know if you wanted to go out on a date, I'd keep it a secret. He'll never know," Brey suggested, meaning every word she said. Taraji gave a half smile then hugged her. "Thank you baby but I think I'm gonna stay to myself for a little bit," Taraji reassured her.

"Welp. Let me know if things change. Goodnight," Brey said, giving Raji a quick hug before running out the room. Once the door shut, Taraji grabbed the ring, placing it inside the nightstand. It felt weird not having it on, but she needed to let it rest until she at least heard from Terry herself. Marcel knocked on the door before she climbed under the covers. "So that's it? Just you need to make a doctor's appointment and use protection. I get threatened to get shipped to military school but Brey is bouncing around like she did a good deed," he complained.

Taraji looked at her almost 18 year old son. To say she was not in the mood was an understatement. She had been dealing with Cel comparing himself to Aubrey since they were little. At this point she figured he'd be done with that. "Marcel, I want you to hear me and hear me good. You are not going to get anywhere comparing yourself to your sister. One minute it's because she spent more time with your dad, now it's because I didn't go left with her. She's not my biological child. Her mother is now actively in her life. That's not my job to handle what she does anymore. You are my child. I need you to realize that. I'm going to forever put you in your place and talk to you the way that I do because you came from me. You need to think about that the next time you go see your therapist," she told him.

He huffed, walking towards the door. "Marcel! I'm doing the best that I can by myself with all of you. Taking over for your dad is a lot," she said. "Then stop trying to take his spot. You can't and I wouldn't want you in that position. I can help you with Hev and Cy. It's not like he was a consistent father to begin with. I'll be the man that they look up to. So you don't have that added role on you. You're already doing a lot," he told her. A tear fell down her face as she looked at her grown son. He really had stepped up recently and even though it wasn't easy for him, he had been going to therapy for the past year.

Opening up about feeling abandoned and put on the back burner to his half siblings, it seemed to do some good. Instead of constantly fighting his siblings, he went straight to the source. And when he couldn't go to one particular source, i.e. Terry, he voiced it to whoever would listen with no judgment. Once Marcel left, it seemed like her door was revolving. Cyrus came in, crawling in her bed, followed by Hev and Hunter. By the time she woke up, the bed was full of Howards, including the oldest ones. Managing to get from under them, she got herself together and started making breakfast.

Brey came downstairs first, heading to go for a run. "It better be a run and not you running from some dick!" Raji yelled out as Brey opened the door. To be honest, she was shocked that Brey had sex... with a guy. She thought that she would've went the other way. Especially with the way she used to eye Asia, but that was none of her business. She was just glad that Brey was safe. By the time she finished cooking, the rest of the kids had came down. "Nana is calling you mama," Hev said, handing Raji her phone. "Hey mama," Taraji answered. "Hey baby. How are you and the kids?" Bernice asked, a sniffle heard.

"We're good. But what's wrong with you?" Raji asked. "Nothing. I just broke up with Emmett," she answered truthfully. "Ummm...why?" Taraji asked, shocked that her mom actually left Mr. Johnson. The last she heard they were happy and planning a big trip together soon. "He kept trying to tell me that I was spending too much with Alice and expected me to choose between her and him. I don't have time for that. Alice is my best friend and she's going through it. He had to go," Bernice confessed. "As long as you're okay mama. I'm sorry he flipped the script like that. How is Alice doing?" Raji questioned.

"She's fighting, but they aren't too sure she'll make the next year. It hurts seeing her like this. If her lab work doesn't come up in the next couple months, they're going to put her in a hospice. Her pain is taking a toll on her..." Bernice trailed off. She tried her hardest to fight her tears. A lump got caught in Raji's throat. She was sad that her second mother was going through so much, yet anger was bubbling forward. In the midst of all of this and Alice potentially going to hospice soon, Terry still wasn't constantly around the family. She could handle him walking away from her, but Alice didn't deserve this treatment.

"I'm bringing the kids up to visit in April. There's a couple scenes that we have to redo for a Family that Preys. I'll be done by then and we're going to stay there for a bit. I think they should spend as much time with her as they can," she confessed. "I think she'll like that. I gotta head to work, but I'll call you later. I love you baby," Bernice said. Taraji said her goodbye and I love you before hanging up. She went back to eat with her kids, trying to find something positive to focus on. It was a shock to her when she had gotten a text from Common. She hadn't seen him since she performed at the Oscar's.

A grin on her face made Marcel and Hev look up, trying to figure out who was putting a smile on their mom's face. "Who is that?" Cel asked. "Nunya nosey. We're going to Washington in April. Might as well celebrate Cy's birthday there too. Spend some time with your grandmas," she switched topics. Hev and Hunter grew excited, but Marcel knew why she was trying to get them to spend time with Alice. It was only a matter of time before Alice took a major turn for the worst. No one was ready for that. "I'm going to go to the library with Phire," Marcel said as he got up.

Raji already knew he wasn't going, but she knew he needed a moment to himself. She wasn't about to fight him on it. He'd come back and talk to her later. That was one thing he was working on doing differently than Terry. He can take a few moments for himself, but he wasn't about to leave the family in the dark. That was a habit that he was going to break. "Can we go play the game?" Hunter asked, bringing Raji out of her thoughts. "Yeah, go ahead. Take Cyrus with you," she told the 9 and 8 year old. Making a plate for Brey, she looked at the time. Where could Brey possibly be running to?

Meanwhile

Aubrey ran for 3 miles, coming to the park that she and Courtland used to go to often. Taking a break before heading back, she sat down on a bench. Hearing 2 voices, she looked up seeing Asia and Vicky walking from the store. "I cannot believe you left me to go get some dick! Leaving me with Rell ugly ass. You knew I was not tryna be stuck with him," Asia complained, pushing Vicky slightly. "I'm sorry, but you know damn well that I cannot turn down Dom's sexy ass. He always get me all bothered. I told you to go with Von!" Vicky pointed out.

"He was too fucked up. I like my niggas functional. Fuck I look like working for my nut?" Asia said, slowing down as she came into Aubrey's view. "I know Aubrey Nicole did not bring her ass back to the Chi and not tell us," Asia said, getting Vicky's attention. Brey laughed, getting up to hug them. "Why are you so sweaty?" Vicky complained. "Nah fuck that. Why are you glowing like this? Let me find out that Court finally put it on you?" Asia blurted. Brey blushed at the thought of her and Court finally having sex. She actually wanted to stop by there soon before she had to leave out later that night.

"Spill the tea. I know you done seen him. You never hide from him," Vicky pressed. "Okay fine. We did it yesterday and errrmahgash! He's way bigger than I was expecting but it was soooo good. I don't know why I waited so long," Brey confessed as the her two best friends squealed. "How did this happen? You just came back into town and automatically bussed it open for him?" Asia asked. "Noooo. We talked. I had surprised him. He didn't know I was back. Did yall know he was leaving?" She asked, almost sure that they knew about his plans.

Both Asia and Vicky got quiet, not wanting to seem like they had been keeping secrets. "I take that as a yes," Brey mumbled. "Look we didn't know how you'd take it. So much shit been happening to you lately. Then you moved and the stuff with your grandma. We didn't want you depressed," Vicky rushed out. "Plus we didn't know how you'd react if we told you. We know you love that boy and would probably threaten him to change his mind. But we're glad you didn't. He's excited as hell about taking some commands from a funky breath lieutenant," Asia said as she hugged Brey.

"Yeah he is. Yall still could've told me though," She said in return. "Just like you could've told us that your were back in town," Vicky blurted. Before Brey could say anything back, they heard a car horn. The three looked up, seeing Courtland pull up. "Why you out here with these chicken heads?" He asked, joking to see what they would say. "Ummm shut yo maggot ass up. We can chill and talk to our girl if we want to," Asia spat. "Yeah whatever. You need a ride home babe?" He asked Brey, who eagerly said yes. "I'll call yall. I promise," Bret waved bye to her friends, getting in the passenger seat.

Asia and Vicky both rolled their eyes, taking the trip to Asia's house. "Why do you always have to joke with them?" Brey asked, taking in the tall glass of chocolate milk sitting next to her. "Because they're easy to piss off, especially when they not on some nigga dick," he laughed, grabbing her hand. Looking at their fingers intertwined, Brey thought about what Taraji said. Make sure he feels the same about you. "Court... Do you...never mind," she shook the question away. "You don't have to be shy around me. What's your question," he asked.

"Do you love me? Like really love me. More than a friend?" She softly spoke, scared that he would say no. "Babe I told you I do. You don't believe me?" He looked at her as they sat at the light. "I mean. Yeah you said it while we were... you know. And when you dropped me off. I just want to make sure that you feel the same way that I feel about you," she said, fidgeting with her fingers. "I love you more than I've loved anybody else. You're my best friend and my girl. Nothing about that is ever going to change," Brey took in his words, getting wrapped up in the kiss that he planted on her lips.

She felt sadness come over her. As much as she heard about the stories from when Taraji and Terry were younger, she knew that those words, if not verbatim, were told to Raji. And over the years, Terry had a way of proving those words to be a lie. She didn't want that with Courtland, which is why she always tried to be honest with him. Even when it involved her feelings for another girl. "You promise? No matter what? I don't want you to say that and then you end up choosing someone else, leaving me confused or thinking that I wasn't enough for you," she confessed, something she never thought she'd say out loud.

With a chuckle he turned the corner to her street. "I think I have a bigger chance of you breaking my heart. But I promise that I will never do anything to have you feeling lost and alone. And if you ever decide that you want to give us a break and go have fun with some new girl you met then cool. But if it's another nigga then imma kill him because no nigga is taking my place in your heart. I love you Nicole," he told her one last time as he parked in front of her house. "I love you too. I leave tonight. Maybe I can come back before you leave," she said, feeling calmer.

"If not it's cool. Maybe I'll convince my mom to let me come up there before I head out. We'll make it work. Go in the house. Your sister is peaking out the window," he told her, seeing Hev looking down at them with a smirk on her face. "I love you. I'll see you when I see you," she gave him one last kiss before getting out. Walking towards the door, she shook her head at Heavenly. She knew she was going to have to pay up just to keep her quiet, even though she didn't do anything wrong and really went for a run. Taraji sat on the couch, giggling at the little texts she was receiving. Brey leaned over, reading what she could.

Common: Let me take you out. I promise it'll be worth it.

The slight gasp let Raji know that someone was over her shoulder. "Ooooh. Is that Common the rapper?" Brey asked, backing up towards the stairs. "It's none of your business," Raji said as she got up. "Well if it is then you better say yes to that date. I approve all of this. Screw dad. Go have fun," Brey yelled out before taking two stairs at a time. Taraji stood at the end, looking up as she thought about her answer. Was she really about to do this? It wasn't like she had a man here to give her attention. She looked at the phone, replying to the text.

Taraji: How about next Saturday?

The following week, Raji sat at her vanity, looking at her makeup. She had redone it 3 times already just because she was nervous and didn't think it looked good enough. "Mama! Cel just took 3 honey buns and won't let me get one!" Heaven came in complaining. "Just climb on the counter and grab one Hevie. You've done it before," Raji told her. "Uh where you going? You look pretty," Hev nosely asked. "I'm going out with a friend of mine," Taraji told her, deciding to not redo her face. "You're going out with auntie Tracie?" Hev pried.

"Weren't you going to get a honey bun?" Taraji asked, seeing that her child was definitely trying to get the real details of this date. "Yeah but you're looking like you're going out with daddy," she let slip out, making an Oops face when she realized that she mentioned the wrong thing. Raji took a moment to gather her thoughts. "Well I'm not going out with your daddy. I'm just going to have fun. Now go get your snacks," Raji rushed her out, letting out a breath she was holding as soon as her door shut. "What are you doing Taraji? You said you'd wait for him. Yeah it's been over a year since you've talked to...his bitch ass. Fuck this. You're going," she told herself, going to pick out an outfit.

A few hours had passed and Taraji found herself having a good time for a change. It had been so long since she had been on a date, but this turned out to be the breath of fresh air that she needed. "How's your boys doing? The baby is what 3 now?" Common asked, taking a sip of his beer. "They're doing good. Cy won't be 3 until April. He's such a little bad ass but I love my little fat fat. Cel is quite the grown handful. Who knew boys were so difficult?" She softly laughed. "I could've told you that. If you want, I can get a couple basketball tickets. Make this a more family friendly time out," he told her, looking at her for a reaction.

"You don't have to do that. I doubt his stubborn behind would even come. He's been blocking guys in my life since he was little. He even blocks his own daddy from time to time," she joked. She was laughing, but something deep down triggered. She started wondering again, questions bubbling forward. As Common continued trying to get her to agree to a time out with the boys, she started sorting through every thing in her mind, but one stuck out. Since Terry had no child to block other women, was he just being carefree and being with whoever he wanted. Is that why he hasn't called her?

In California

"Oh my goodness! Your home is absolutely beautiful. It's huge. Why do you have so many bedrooms?" Michelle asked as she walked on the marble floors. "I do have... children. I have 3," Terry voiced, catching himself before actually saying he had 5. "Do they visit? You don't talk about them too much," she said, sitting next to him on the couch. "I've just been so busy with movies and they have school. They're with their mom. I'll see them when I go back home," he told her, hoping that they'd be there this time. He desperately wanted to see them and even though the easy way to assure that was to call Taraji, he couldn't do it.

With so much time passed, he figured she'd be mad at him and refuse to talk to him anyways. He wouldn't be able to blame her for that. He was supposed to get better then come home to his family. He only recently decided to start sobering up and attempt to get his mind together. "Terrence? Are you okay?" Michelle questioned, pouring herself another glass of wine. "Yeah. I was just thinking about how I need to go check on my mother. It's been a little while," he said, shaking the thought of a pissed off Beloved. "You're such a good man. Not many would still look out for their parents as much as you do," she purred, the wine taking over her body.

"I'm not really a good guy. I'm trying to be though. It's been pretty hard for me lately," he said, feeling her hands rub along his leg. Putting the glass down, she got on her knees in between his legs. "I think you should stop thinking negative and relax. You're a good guy. Trust me, I know bad guys. You're not one of them," she spoke up at him, unzipping his pants. He watched her pull out his member, her eyes growing big as she examined his length. "Whoa!" She whispered in shock. Grabbing a fistful of hair, he pulled her down onto his soldier, not wanting to hear her talk about being good. He knew everything about himself. Good Terry wouldn't be allowing someone other than his fiancee to have a taste of his junior.

April 2008

Bernice sat on the bed with Alice, watching General Hospital. "You know you can go home right?" Alice mumbled, knowing that Bernice was close enough to hear her. "Uh huh. What I choose to do is my decision and right now I'm choosing to sit in bed with my best friend," Bernice said not taking her eyes off the screen. "Well if you're going to stay here then at least make it comfy for me. I like grabbing ass in bed," Alice heckled, knowing that Bernice would oppose. "You better quit before Chris comes in here and catches you trynna cheat on her," she said, pushing Alice's hand away.

"Oh hush. We got an agreement. If you say yes then it's allowed. No more than twice," Alice laughed, stirring up a painful cough. Bernice grabbed her some water, helping her sit up to drink it. Taking a few sips, the cough started to calm down. "Speaking of Chris, I want you to read this letter that I'm leaving her. I don't want her to feel lost or go into a dark place when I'm gone. I want her to live. The girl is younger than me hell. She deserves to live life after me," Alice said. Bernice held the letter in her hand, not wanting to read it. "Why are you writing letters? You're not dying on me. Watch. That doctor is going to call and say you're in remission," Bernice said.

Alice gave her a sly side eye, knowing that Bernice was still in denial. "Nicey...I am dying. I'm not going to make it much longer. I've accepted that. I know you're trying to be strong and Chris is putting on her best face, but let's face it. This is it. I got letters for everybody I love. Even my bone head ass son. There's one for you in here too. But you can't get it til I'm in the ground. Now read it. I need to know if I should add something to it," she demanded as sternly as she could. Bernice wiped a stray tear, opening up the letter.

MY DEAREST CHRISTEN,

IF SOMEONE HAD TOLD ME OVER 21 YEARS AGO THAT I'D FALL IN LOVE WITH THE MOST DOWN TO EARTH, SELFLESS, SEXY, BREATH TAKING WOMAN I'VE MET, I'D TELL THEM THAT THEY WERE CRAZY AND THAT I'D DIE ALONE WHILE WORRIED ABOUT MY STUPID ASS SONS. YOU HAVE GIVEN MY LIFE MEANING THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I'D HAVE AGAIN. I WAS GROWING USED TO ONE STANDS BEFORE MEETING YOU AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT. YOU MADE ME BETTER. YOU MADE ME WHOLE. YOU BROUGHT OUT THE SIDES OF ME THAT I THOUGHT WERE COMPLETELY BURIED. I LOVE YOU BEYOND WORDS, BEYOND MEASURE. I KNOW YOU'RE SITTING THERE, THINKING YOU GOT EVERYTHING FIGURED OUT BUT I KNOW YOU DON'T. I GOT A LIST FOR YOU TO COMPLETE BECAUSE I WILL HAUNT YOU IF YOU DON'T FINISH OUT OUR LIST OF ADVENTURES. WHEN I'M GONE, I EXPECT YOU TO STILL DO THEM AND I DON'T WANT A SINGLE OBJECTION. WHEN I'M GONE AND YOU WANT TO CRY FOR ME. DON'T. I WANT YOU TO LAUGH FOR ME. I WANT YOU TO SMILE. I WANT YOU TO LOVE AND HUG AND EMBRACE LIFE FOR ME. DO THE THINGS THAT YOU WOULDN'T DARE TRY. AND WHEN YOU START TO MISS ME, KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU OH SO MUCH AND I'M WAITING FOR YOU. I'LL ASK GOD IF WE CAN GET A PLACE OVERLOOKING THE OCEAN. THANK YOU MY LOVE. FOR BEING EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE NEEDED AND WANTED. UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN

ALICE, YOUR SNOOKUMS

Bernice couldn't catch the tears that were falling down her face. Alice smiled, exhaustion taking over. "It's that bad?" Alice sarcastically asked. "It's perfect... this isn't fair!" Bernice cried out. "It's life Nicey. We aren't destined to stay forever. I'm not mad and you shouldn't be either. Everything is for a reason," she sleepily said. "Well I don't understand this reasoning. You're all I have left. Boris is gone. I can't lose you Alice," Bernice begged. "I'll stay as long as I can. I promise," Alice grabbed Bernice's hand. Without thinking, Bernice leaned in, capturing Alice's lips.

Alice, shocked by the action. Swore up and down that she was dreaming. And if this was what Heaven was going to be like, then she was ready to go. Bernice pulled back and giggled. "I thought you wanted to keep me here! I'm not strong enough for you to be sneaking in soul snatching kisses like that," Alice spat, followed by a laugh that Bernice hadn't heard in a long time. Her chest grew warm as she thought back to all the great times they had together. The bedroom door opened, Chris peaking her head through to see what they were doing. "Why does it sound like yall having fun without me?" She asked.

"That's because we are," Alice teased, sending Chris a wink. The women laughed before silence filled the room. "I have to go pick up Raji and the kids from the airport. I'll be back," Bernice told them as she got up. She felt bad for lying since Raji and the kids weren't due to fly in for a few more hours. She sat in the car, crying for a couple minutes before going home. No matter how hard she tried to hold it together, she felt for her best friend and she was scared for the day that she'd never see her again. She didn't know how Chris held her composure but she praised her for it. Little did she know that Chris had her own moments. Those moments just weren't shown at home.

Back In Chicago

Taraji ran some last minute errands with Cyrus, heading into the store to grab a few items. As she walked down the aisle, Cy grabbed a bag of chips off the shelf, clutching it to his chest. "Please?" He asked, looking up at her with his big eyes. "You don't need those Cy. We have snacks at home," she told him, looking around for what she really needed. "We don't have these," he told her, still holding his pleading expression. "I said no baby put it back," his bottom lip started to quiver as he walked the chips back to where they were.

Turning back to his mom, he tossed his head back, giving a silent and very dramatic cry. Raji looked at him from the side of her eye, not wanting to act a fool with her child today. She scooped him up, sitting him in the basket while he continued his silent fit. As she walked to another aisle, she bumped into someone while not paying attention. "I'm so sorry sir," she quickly apologized. "It's okay.......Taraji," the man said. She looked up, seeing none other than Tyrese himself. For some reason she didn't feel the need to walk away immediately. Probably because Terry wasn't around to be extra.

"Long time since I've seen you last. How are you?" He asked, his smile bright. "I've been better. But I can't really complain. How about you?" She asked, seeing a blanket covering his basket. "I umm. I have a daughter now. Her name is Shayla. She'll be 1 in July," he said as he moved out the way to show off his baby. "Awwww her so cute. You actually made a pretty baby," Raji joked. "Haha very funny. What about you? Who is this little guy?" He questioned, reaching for a high five from Cyrus, who quickly pushed his hand away and grabbed Raji's arm.

"This is my son Cyrus. He turns 3 in a couple days," she told him, putting Cy on her hip. Tyrese chuckled looking at the little one so wrapped up in Taraji. Cyrus even started twirling his finger in her hair. "He's all Terrence. That's crazy. He has your eyes though. I'm happy for you. Obviously Terrence was the one for you. It's good to see yall are still together," he said as he noticed the ring on her finger. She had no intentions of putting it back on, but she started missing Terry terribly this morning and that was the only thing around that she had of him besides their kids.

She gave a fake smile before agreeing with him. "I just want to say I'm incredibly sorry for everything I've done and I'm so serious. I went to a psychologist and found out that I'm bipolar. Also found some other medical files that showed notes where other doctors thought I was as well in the past. I'm not blaming my actions on that because I had to execute what I did. But that's what triggered me to be that way and I regret it so much because I lost a great friend. I know you probably still hate me, but I still love you like a friend. If you ever need to talk, my number is the same. I'll be here," he told her, giving her a quick peck on the cheek.

"Thank you Tyrese. I have to get going and catch my flight. I'll see you around," she said, fighting back her tears. Why was it that today of all days was starting off sad? She cried before going to the store and was damn near crying now. She needed to pull herself together because she couldn't be crying when she saw her mom and Alice. Especially if they got bad news. But with the way things were going, it seemed looked like nothing good was going to come from this visit. It was times like this she wished Terry was there so they could lean on each other. Like perfect timing her phone lit up from a text from Common. An instant smile put on her face. Could this be her new Terrence?

TBC
VOTE AND COMMENT LOVELIES😍😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 5.9K 22
We often say, love is beautiful. But what we forget is what's beautiful is what can hurt you. Thought loving is easy? What happens when a fight break...
177K 2.5K 58
How would you feel if you fell in love with your cousin? then woke up one day to find out that you are pregnant with none other then your bad ass pl...
77.9K 3K 62
Here we are on Part 3 of this rollercoaster that is the story of TnT. Picking up with broken hearts, new beginnings and new lives brought into the...
916 58 39
This would be really boring. You don't need to waste time reading this. Not just boring, it might be even heartbreaking. The story was still going o...