Hunted. A Pack Novel

By CourtneyMcGuiggan

After being on the run from her abusive ex-boyfriend, Violet knows that there is only one place for her to go... More

Chapter One: Violet
Chapter Two: Seth
Chapter Three: Violet
Chapter Four: Violet
Chapter Five: Seth
Chapter Six: Violet
Chapter Seven: Seth
Chapter 8: Violet
Chapter Nine: Violet
Chapter Eleven: Violet
Chapter Twelve: Seth
Chapter Thirteen: Violet
Chapter Fourteen: Seth
Chapter Fifteen: Violet
Chapter Sixteen: Violet
Chapter Seventeen: Seth
Chapter Eighteen: Violet
Chapter Nineteen: Violet
Chapter Twenty: Violet
Chapter Twenty One: Violet
Chapter Twenty-Two: Violet
Chapter Twenty-Three: Violet
Chapter Twenty-Four: Violet
Chapter Twenty-Five: Violet
Chapter Twenty-Six: Violet
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Violet
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Seth
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Violet
Chapter Thirty: Violet
Chapter Thirty-One: Seth
Chapter Thirty-Two: Seth
Chapter Thirty-Three: Violet
Chapter Thirty-Four: Violet
Chapter Thirty-Five: Violet
Chapter Thirty-Six: Seth
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Violet
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Seth
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Violet
Chapter Forty: Violet
Chapter Forty-One: Violet

Chapter Ten: Seth

554 53 31
By CourtneyMcGuiggan

The first few bars of an edgier version of tainted love started through the speakers as I leant my elbows on the bar, bending over to try and hide the strain in my pants. It was just seeing Violet up there in those boots with my wolf tattooed on her backed called to the wolf in my and it had been a while since I had had an overwhelming reaction to make someone mine in every way. I had read the books and heard the stories and while I might have had my suspicions at seventeen I was pretty sure that I was right in thinking that my wolf saw Violet as our mate. Finding one's true mate was a rare thing in our world with our numbers slowly dying out, most wolves settled for someone that they loved or found attractive enough to pacify their wolf. But the way that I felt about Violet, the way that she made my wolf feel went beyond just love and to be honest it scared me a little. I wasn't one who got scared, if I did there was no way that I would be VP of this club and second in the pack but the thought of anything happening to Violet terrified me. Maybe that was why I had gone off the rails for a while when she had first left, my wolf recognised that we had lost our mate.

Violet pulled me back out of my thoughts when she started to dance, flicking her hair forward and back, turning and kicking her leg into the air before swinging around the pole like she was made for this. The song quickly picked up and she swung herself around by her wrist her legs opening wide and flicking around for a circuit and then quicker than my eyes could follow flipped herself up the pole. Hell, Violet had turned herself upside down before righting herself.

The guys around me hooted and Hollard but I let them get away with it this time, what she was doing was pretty damn impressive for a pole dancer. Violet hooked her legs around the pole about halfway up and leant back gracefully moving her arms out to each side and then flicked them out quicker, sliding by her legs down the pole into a hand stand leaving one heel hooked above her before landing on her knees. Violet stretched up the pole, sticking her ass out until she was upright again with the tempo picking up she flicked herself around the pole again to stop in what looked like a horizontal handstand on the pole. Every single person in the club cocked their head to the side to get a better look at her.

With a wry smile Violet lifted one leg until it was above her head resting on the pole then looked down, flicked her other leg out and tumbled from the pole. My heart stopped, one foot off the stool to try and catch her even though I knew that I would never make it over to the stage in time before Violet hit the floor even with my increased speed, but her other leg came down and caught the pole mid flip like a slinky hopping down a set of stairs until she was righted again. Violet flicked herself around the pole doing the same flying move with her wrist and legs before climbing the pole until she reached the top and crossed her legs around the pole, arms spread out like she was a plane just as she had done the other night. Releasing her legs, a little she slipped quickly down the pole but caught herself just before hitting the floor. The song ended as she slinked upright and took a bow. There was a moment of silence across the club before every roared cheering and clapping for her impressive work. I had never seen anything like her act before in my life; it had been sexy and exciting as all hell and my problem from earlier had only gotten worse as I tried to adjust myself without anyone noticing.

Lia cut the ipod as the next song started to play and the rest of the women joined Violet on stage excitedly talking about one move or another that they wanted to learn but Dan's voice rang out over the pack. "Can you really teach the girls to do that stuff because they were right in thinking that it would boost the profit at the Cherry Trap."

Violet looked down at Dan and the rest of the club, eyes scanning over them all before placing one had on her hip a large smile spreading across her face. "I can teach them the moves but for the girls that learn the routines they are going to need some extra compensation for hazard pay because they will more than likely hurt themselves at one point, hell I know I did. So, I'm thinking an extra five percent in their pay packets at the end of the week if business picks up after they start the new routines."

Silence rang out across the club at her challenge to the alpha but I could stop the smirk that tugged at the corner of my mouth. Violet would always want to stand up for people no matter the situation. Dan considered her proposal for a minute, stocking the stubble on his chin while he thought it over. "They lean the routines and profit starts to increase the girls can have their five percent hazard pay." He didn't look annoyed, just smiled at Violet's tenacity. It wasn't a regular occurrence that their alpha got challenged like that and never by a none wolf but even though she wasn't a wolf Violet was still pack in my father's eyes; he cared for her. "Alright everyone, back to work and let Violet give her lesson." He instructed and the women all went back to asking Violet questions while she dragged a gym mat around the pole to begin her class lining the ladies up and going over stretches before they started.

"That girl is still a force of nature, everything she's been through I thought that I might have killed it a little but she's still her father's daughter." Dan said amused and those of us who knew Violet as a teenager all nodded in agreement. Pride swelled in my chest and I saw Chris catching my proud grin but he didn't comment on it; he was the one guy I knew wouldn't give me shit over my reactions to Violet well at least no serious shit just good- natured ribbing.

My force of nature was starting the show the ladies where they would need to place their hands for certain moves and I knew that I would have to go back to work now otherwise I would stay here all day and get nothing finished. Despite everything that had been going on lately on the pack front the garage was a legitimate business and we had jobs to get finished today. Taking one last lingering look at Violet I could see that she was enjoying what she was doing, her mind nowhere near the dark places that it had been yesterday which made me feel comfortable leaving her alone for a while.

For the next couple of hours, I worked easily with Chris on a couple of cars that were due for pick up in the afternoon, finishing them off before taking a smoke break thinking that I could check in on Violet and have some lunch when I was finished. I sat on top of one of the wooden picnic tables feet resting on the bench below and I let my mind drift off as I took in the nicotine fix. Violet seemed interested in picking back up where we had left off as teenagers which was a good thing because I didn't think that I would be able to be close to her and for us to just be friends. Thinking of having to watch Violet with another guy, building a life together maybe starting a family made my blood boil. I groaned thinking that I sounded like I was whipped even in my own head but Violet had always had that effect on me. But Violet had come back at a pretty volatile time for the pack, the violence and fighting over territory had never been this bad before. We had lived in relative peace with the other supernatural creatures and packs around us but the Coyotes were up to something and making a play. While there was no physical evidence of my gun- shot wound I still rubbed the spot nervously; the damn thing had torn through my vest like it was tissue paper and we still didn't know where the Coyotes were getting that sort of ammunition from. The only reason that I had been wearing the vest that night was because we had been meeting a human gang to do some business. It kept up the club pretence and if we got into a fight with another pack or supernatural group we would shift and fight in our other forms; it was the done thing.

It was one thing for Violet to know that we were werewolves but something else entirely to be involved in the pack business. Wolves didn't have the best track record of making it to an old age and I didn't know if I wanted Violet put in that kind of danger. Not when the Coyotes were breaking unspoken laws about dealing with confrontation between packs; they could end up shooting Violet since they weren't attacking us in coyote form. Could I really do that to her just because I wanted Violet in my life? If I wasn't so selfish when it can to her I would push Violet away, tell her that we could only be friends and nothing more to save her from my life. Violet was a damned paramedic for Christ sake she saved people. But I knew that I couldn't and I hated myself a little because of it, I wasn't strong enough to let her ago again.

But then again maybe I wasn't giving Violet her proper dues. She had changed from the girl that I had once known, it would have been crazy if she hadn't but anyone could tell that she was strong. She had to be to keep going after what Decker had done to her. Would I still be as strong f I had lost a child like that? God, I hoped that I was the one to catch up with this Decker guy and make him pay for what he had done to her. My wolf agreed, howling and gnashing its teeth just think about what we could do to Decker.

My anger spike as I finished my cigarette and angrily stubbing it out in the ash tray by my side. Leaning my elbows on my knees I closed my eyes and tried to reign in some of my anger. I could protect Violet from whatever came at us be it human or supernatural. Jesus I was going to be the next alpha if I couldn't protect her from a human or a rival pack then I wasn't fit to be an alpha. A couple hours of work still hadn't calmed my body down as images of Violet flicked through my mind. Violet in those shorts and crop top, in my bed last night, pushed flush against me when we made out in the kitchen and the smell of her in the steaming shower while she cleaned up. Soft lips pressed against mine and a lazy smiled crept onto my face before I kissed Violet back. I had meant to come in and visit her as soon as I had finished my smoke but this would work too. Keeping my eyes closed I kissed her back bringing my arms up to her waist but stopped mid- way, something wasn't right, my wolf snapped its teeth and sneered at her smell.

My eyes snapped open just as the clubhouse door slammed shut and Carly moved away from me slightly a smug smile stretched across her face. I had been so distracted by my thoughts of Violet that I had just assumed that she would be the only one to come up and kiss me, I hadn't even smelt Carly. Shit. Who had slammed the door then?

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?" I growled at Carly standing up and pushing her away when she tried to catch my arm.

"Only what we both wanted to do, what we have done in the past." She argued placing both hands on her hips and pouting.

I ran a hand through my hair. "We haven't been like that in over four months you know that. I've told you more than once that it ain't going to happen so it ain't going to happen." How many times was I going to have to tell her this before it sank in.

Her smirk only got wider. "Well you might change your mind now since the princess isn't going to be interested anymore."

"What in the hell do you mean?" I shot out but my question was answered when the club door smacked into the wall and a very pissed and hurt looking Violet came charging out, her duffle slung over her shoulder and her shirt and sneakers back on. Double shit. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 7.8K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
4.4M 59.8K 28
Meet the best Alpha ever, Lance Stryder. Are you tired of werewolf stories where the Alpha yells out "MINE" and practically kidnaps the main charact...
13.4M 420K 110
Malia Pierce at the age of nineteen was alone, constantly moving in fear she would be hunted down and found by her tormentors. She is the Alpha's dau...
1.6K 40 25
Who knew we'd be hunting a serial killer at sixteen? Being a sixteen-year-old vampire-hybrid has never been an easy life for Evangeline Ryder, but wh...