the king and his bride | k.th

Par x_linn_

[discontinued] "He must be quite fond of you if he's calling for you even in the middle of the day." "I don't... Plus

introduction
playlist
zero
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
TKAHB universe
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
Discontinued

three

5.9K 406 100
Par x_linn_

I have chosen my bride!

I couldn't see much. My view was blurred, all thanks to the stupid veil. All I could make out were dark outlines of people who were most likely standing in front of the stage in a small crowd. I didn't know how many of them was there and I didn't know if Jungkook was somewhere among them as well. I couldn't tell.

The people were quietly talking among themselves, their hushed whispers making the atmosphere even more eerie. The quiet sobs from somewhere next to me where not making it any better either.

I kept on holding hands tightly with the two girls who were standing on both of my sides, none of us wanting to let go. We didn't really know each other nor have we ever spoken to one another, but the strong hold we shared was somehow calming me down, and I think it was the same for them also.

In the sheer stress and uneasiness I couldn't register how long have we been standing there but it felt like an eternity to me.

But when the quiet voices of the crowd died down and trumpets started to play the melody I knew very well, the king finally made his entrance.

I heard his steps clearly as he made his way across the stage after the music died down. From behind my veil I could see a shape of a person standing at the front of the stage, most likely facing the crowd.

He stayed quiet, some other guy on the side doing the talk for him as if he didn't have his own mouth to speak. He kept it simple, quickly commencing the ceremony.

I kept my head down when music started to play again, but now I could feel the two girls next to me letting go of my hands.

It's time.

The music stopped again and the figure at the front made it's way to the end of the long queue of the girls.

I was somewhere near the other end and honestly, it was not making me feel any better. I held my hands tightly intertwined behind me, my head down and my eyes shut tight.

My mind was in frenzy and my head was spinning lightly.

There was another thing about our king that I always tried to ignore and avoid to acknowledge. The Kim clan- the royal family who has been ruling this kingdom for centuries is no ordinary royal family. They're saints.

Saints are considered humans just like us, only they posses some qualities and strengths inherited from their ancestors. We, common people can call these qualities supernatural or even divine. Heightened senses, inhuman speed, beasts' strength, greater intelligence and the list goes on. However Saints' clans are slowly decreasing, the low number of the their descendants are dying out.

In our kingdom, the only Saints left alive are our king, Kim Taehyung and his father who was ruling the kingdom before him, Kim Taeho. From what my dad told me ages ago, our current king had an older brother who was saint as well but he was killed by assassins when he was still a child.

Because of these 'divine strengths' they possess, a lot of people are turning against Saints' clans. Some of them are bonding together to form secret and undercover groups. They function together and are involved in numerous illegal activities such as assassinating Saints' clans, leading black market with all kinds of weaponry and whatnot, traversing the royal families' activities and practically all kinds of violence you could think of. Some are even involved in kidnapping commoners, mostly women.

All this evil was done just because of their jealousy. They ached to be like them, strong and respected. They wanted to be on top, to lead the kingdom like them, to have the power. Maybe they thought it wasn't fair, maybe they got sick of the hierarchy.

Me on the other hand, I didn't mind because I knew that the Saints were standing on their pedestal for a reason. They knew how to lead a kingdom, they protected us and never took advantage of their strengths.

That was until now. Was the king taking advantage of his position to create himself a harem of girls who would come running to him when he demanded? Maybe the Saints weren't who I took them for after all.

From what I could hear, the king was making his way slowly across the stage, stopping in front of a girl every now and then, before slowly making his way towards my side of the stage.

His steps got louder and louder before I could see his large frame in front of me. He was really close so I could see he was wearing red jacket with some golden elements on his chest and maybe shoulders as well, however I didn't dare to look up so I ducked my head even lower.

Relief washed over me as he was only passing by without stopping, but as always, I spoke too soon.

He suddenly stopped in front of the girl next to me, and to my utter surprise and terror, he took few small steps back so he was again standing right in front of me.

My breath hitched and I clasped my hands behind my back tighter as he turned around so we were now face to- well face to veil. I refused to look up so I kept my head down, silently praying to God he would just move on from me already.

And so he did, after utterly painful 5 minutes, he moved on to other girls.

The air was silent, not a single sound besides his slow steps could be heard. The people in the crowd were deathly quiet as they observed the ceremony while the girls, me including, didn't dare to make a single sound.

He made his way back towards the other end of the stage, again stopping a few times, but thankfully not in front of me. By the time he was at the other end again, he still didn't pick anyone.

This whole process was making me go nuts and also totally irritated. I did hear that sometimes it lasts at least one hour before he finally speaks, but I don't really see the reason.

Sure he can't see our faces and all, but I doubt that walking around like a headless chicken for an hour was going to make him see through our veils or something.

Can't he see he's draining our souls with the silence and his mindless walking?

I was starting to cuss in my mind, trying to think of every mean word I know that would describe him and this situation when he suddenly stopped in front of me, again.

This time, however he not only turned around to face me, but also made few steps towards me so my forehead was almost touching his chest.

My eyes widened feeling his strong presence right in front of me and I could swore I felt my heart stopping for few seconds. I was tempted to take a step back but I was also frozen in my spot, not being able to move a single muscle.

My mind went blank as his soothing musk scent entered my system. The terrifying silence got interrupted as few people in the crowd started whispering among themselves.

Does this mean it's me? Did he pick ME? Out of everyone? No, that's not right, he's not finished yet. I'm sure he's still just trying to pick. Why would he pick me anyway? This can't be true, it's not me, no...

My internal arguing was interrupted as he suddenly outstretched his hand towards me, muttering a silent and deep "Come."

I, still being in denial, slowly looked up to make sure he was really standing in front of me and not the girl next to me. He was in fact standing right in front of my shaken up figure, now a little further away but still too close.

At first I didn't know what to do, I was unsure, confused, terrified and absolutely not in the right mind. That only confirmed itself once I lifted up my hand and slowly placed it in his larger one, my whole body trembling. My mind was blank, I didn't know what to feel. Everything was an utter shock and I couldn't tell what I was feeling at the moment

His palm was firm and warm, enveloping mine completely.

He took a few steps back, making me step few steps in front.

Now me and all the other people witnessing were completely sure, that it was me. No going back, he picked me out of every girl here.

When we were few good steps away from the girls and probably somewhere in the center of the stage, he let go of my hand only to step towards me. His fingers gently tucked at the veil that was falling somewhere to my waist, making shivers run up my spine.

I held my breath as he slowly lifted up my veil. I was a nervous mess and I was sure he could feel it. I didn't know if I should look at him or keep my eyes on the ground. Would it be impolite if I looked at him?

Once the veil was completely out of the way I was left staring at his chest, perplexed. I had my eyes opened wide, staring stupidly at his golden buttons running up his chest. I was still struck, my mind not being able to process things correctly at the moment.

Only after I heard a deep chuckle I snapped out of my daze and finally looked up at the man standing in front of me. My breath hitched and my lips parted a little in surprise and shock.

Oh God, what did I get myself into?

"I have chosen my bride!" he announced loudly, causing a loud ruckus of cheers erupting in the crowd. We stayed in our spot, staring at each other in silence, me with my eyes opened wide and my heart beating violently against my rib cage, while had a small and almost invisible smile on his gorgeous face.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

32.9K 2K 12
In which both Jungkook and Chaeyoung losing every chance they got to experience the art of becoming one. »»-----!!!-----«« To be safe, it's rated for...
49.6K 2K 25
"C-Can I really do this? What if she finds out?" Why me.... Why did they ask me to do this? A Park Chaeyoung x Male Reader story
8.6K 494 12
A Beautiful woman named Chaeyoung Famously Known as Rosé who is loved by everyone. A high payed Model and Singer with multiple awards. Thought that s...
62.8K 2.6K 40
"I'm okay I think, how long does this stuff usually last?" "A few hours, you should be fine by the time you wake up...can I ask a favor from you?" "S...