Judith

By werthemuses

Welcome to Judith, home to the school of the gifted! For the past 85 years, Judith has helped shape and craf... More

CHARACTERS
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
0010
0011
0012
0013
0014
0015
0016
0017
0018
0019
0020
0021

001

7.5K 374 149
By werthemuses

CHAPTER ONE

A quiet Jennie watched the trees as they flew by. Orange colored leaves falling from the branches to settle into a pile seated beneath the humongous trees surrounded all around the moving vehicle.

Fall was approaching. It made Jennie happy since it was her favorite time of the year along with winter. She couldn't really explain the comfort it brought it her but she just remembers always loving this specific time of the year ever since she was a little girl.

"How are you feeling sweetie?" Jennie's mother spoke from the front seat, briefly glancing in the rear-view mirror to find her daughter already looking at her.

"I don't know," she softly mumbled. "Is there a specific way I should be feeling?"

"Aren't you excited?" Julianna, her mother spoke with such enthusiasm in her raspy voice before continuing to boast on about how wonderful Judith was and how good it'll be for her. "Plus, Jisoo will be there! You haven't seen her in months. Isn't that exciting?"

Jennie simply nods at her mother's words. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't excited to see her childhood best friend.

Jisoo had left for Judith last year. She could distinctly remember a very excited Jisoo running into her bedroom, a letter in hand with edges of the paper dipped in gold, all while frantically reading the extra formal letter dedicated to none other than Jisoo herself.

You've been accepted to Judith, the school of the gifted. . .blah blah blah

"Dad couldn't come?"

"He couldn't leave the office." Julianna responds with a small frown on her lips, clearly disappointed that her husband wasn't by her side to send their daughter off. LBut he sends you all his love and he wishes he could be here, you know that. Your grandmother as well, if she could travel you know she'd be here too."

Again, Jennie nods knowing her mother was right. Her father had never missed anything important pertaining to his only child. So she knew if he was missing this, it must have been something he really couldn't miss. As for her grandmother, Jennie knew she wouldn't be able to make it. With her old age, it made things quite difficult for her grandmother to travel. Plus the call they shared this morning was just enough.

After driving for quite some time, the black Mercedes pulled up to very tall gates. Gates that blocked the view of whatever was beyond them.

Jennie could spot the obvious force field that entrapped everything and anything inside those gates. The land they were on was huge. Acres and acres of grass and trees surrounding the entire location. Along with a very long road that they just drove down.

"Name?" A deep voice spoke the second Julianna rolled the window down.

Jennie watched quietly as her mother leaned forward, what sounded like a twist of Latin falling from her tongue. She didn't bother to ask, knowing her mother probably wouldn't answer her.

Instead she focused on the now opening gates. The car pushed forward entering the school grounds and in that very second it was as if everything changed.

The force field that had been blocking any outsiders from looking in carefully fell down. The image of what looked like a cathedral or castle or both met Jennie's gaze as her lips instantly parted at the sight. Of course she's heard about how beautiful Judith was from her mother and even her grandmother but whatever they said didn't really express the true beauty of it until you saw it with your own eyes.

Students plastered all over the lawn. Some secluded under a tree with a book under their noses. Others running across the grass, throwing a frisbee or football. Couples entranced by one another as they made out like they weren't in public. Different groups spotted here and there, chatting it up. The scene looked like something out of a movie honestly.

"Welcome to Judith sweetheart." Julianna brought Jennie out of her thoughts. Turning around in the driver's seat once she put the car in park to look at her daughter with a smile on her face.

"This is where I'm going to live?"

"Yes it is," her mother softly laughed.

"Your room is already situated. Once we get inside we'll just figure which room number that is and then you could meet whoever your roommate is."

"Wow, I forgot about that." Jennie mumbled. Frowning slightly at the thought of a 'roommate'. She only hoped whoever it was got along well with her.

"Come, let's get you settled in."

Jennie took in a deep breath before she followed her mother's actions and getting out of the car too. The sun was shining brightly as it beamed against her pale skin, framing her hand over her eyes to keep her sight. As she glanced beyond the lawn again, she noticed a few on-goers looking at her. She frowned lightly to herself before quickly aiding her mother with the bags.

Trudging down the large walkway towards the huge doors, Jennie followed behind her mother who obviously knew exactly where to go. Again, she noticed a few eyes casting towards her as she walked down the hallway. She wondered if there something on her face.

"Hello, welcome to Judith. How may I help-"

"Jesus, Mrs.Kwon your still working here?" Julianna questioned. A playful smile on her lips as she looked at the familiar older lady sitting behind the desk.

"Julianna Kim." Mrs. Kwon says. Jennie watches as the older woman shakes her head at her mother. "It's good to see you. Ready to reek havoc amongst the halls of Judith again are we?"

Julianna rolls her eyes at her words before briefly glancing towards her daughter who was standing there awkwardly, glancing at the walls. Taking in all the beautiful paintings and chandeliers and different artifacts sitting nicely upon the wooden shelves.

"As much as I know you miss me Mrs. Kwon, I'm actually here to enroll my daughter. Jennie love, come say hello."

At the sound of her name, Jennie instantly snaps out of her daze before taking a few steps forward towards her mother. Mrs. Kwon who was shuffling between the paperwork, in search of the Kim files didn't notice Jennie until she looked up again.

"Hello." Jennie offered a friendly smile.

Mrs. Kwon suddenly stopped what she was doing, her dark brown eyes not leaving Jennie once before she looked back up at Julianna who was already staring at the older woman with stern eyes. An unheard conversation going on between the two older woman.

"Hello dear. Welcome to Judith." Mrs. Kwon suddenly says. "Shall we figure out your schedule and your rooming situation?"

"Yes please."

"Oh, she has manors. I wonder whatever happened to you Julianna."

"Haha! You're hilarious Mrs. Kwon." Julianna rolled her eyes at the older's woman's jab knowing it was all play.

Mrs. Kwon was an old family friend who also happened to be Jennie's grandmother Josephine's best friend. Back in the day, whenever Josephine wasn't around to reprimand Julianna on her wild behavior-Mrs. Kwon was always next in line to do it.

They waited for a few minutes. Giving Mrs. Kwon the time to find all the information Jennie needed. In the mean time, Julianna wrapped an arm around her daughter's frame and pulled her into her side.

"I know this is a big change but I think Judith will be good for you."

Jennie stayed silent for a few seconds, thinking of the right words to say before responding. "It was coming sooner or later mum. You attended this school and so did grandma. If I didn't come here, it wouldn't be right. Plus grandma says to go to Judith is once in a lifetime opportunity."

"My mother has always been one for the dramatics." Julianna softly laughed. "I don't know about the once in a lifetime opportunity nonsense but it is a good school my love and it will teach you to control your powers because not knowing how to-"

"Control your powers is dangerous. Yes, I know." Jennie finished her mother's sentence having heard it so many times before.

"Okay Jennie Kim, another J would you look at that." Mrs. Kwon starts looking up from the glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose. "Your roommate says here to be a young lady by the name of Park Chaeyoung, room 728. Also here is your schedule. I'll assign someone to give you a tour of the school later on in the day. He or she will come find you."

"Thank you." Jennie nodded. Taking the pile of papers from her that contained all of the information she needed along with they key to her room.

"You're very welcome dear," the older woman says. The slightest of smiles meeting her lips. "If you need anything you know where to find me. Also I have your grandmother on speed dial if I hear anything about you young lady."

Jennie briefly glanced at her mother who was shrugging off Mrs. Kwon's words and leading her out of the office. Jennie softly laughed at her mother's actions, although she was use to the carefree woman her mother is...still it never failed from bringing a smile to her face.

As they made it up the step in search of room 728. Students once again, shot a few glances at the mother-daughter duo. Jennie noticed it while her mother seemed to be oblivious to it as she mumbled the numbers on the door, counting down. .732. . 731. . 730. . 729. . 728!

"Should we knock?" Jennie questioned.

"Why? It's your room too." Julianna shrugged her shoulder and grabbed the key from her daughter's hand, swiftly sliding it into the lock and pushing the door open.

In the room sat a girl at the desk with headphones on her head, completely oblivious to the two strangers.

Jennie took in a nervous breath before taking a step inside and quickly glancing around the room. It was fairly large and the side she guessed was hers was spotless.

Lightly tapping the girl's shoulder, her head immediately whipped around. Eyes widening as her mouth formed an 'O' shape before quickly catching onto what was happening.

"Oh my god, hello!" An Australian accent met their ears as she pulled the headphones off. "You must be my new roommate!"

"Yeah, that's me. Hi I'm Jennie."

"Chaeyoung!" A kind smile met her lips. "When they told me I was getting a roommate I was so excited. I've been here for almost a year now and I've been alone this entire time."

"Well I'm glad I could help you out there." Jennie chuckled before glancing at her mother who was watching the two with a pleased grin. "Oh sorry, this is my mother Julianna."

"Mother?!" Chaeyoung eye's widened. "I thought she was your sister or something."

"Hear that sweetheart? We could be sisters!"

"Yes I heard mum."

Chaeyoung laughed at the two before quickly mumbling that she'll help, not giving them a chance to decline since she was already taking in one of Jennie's bags. She seems sweet, they both thought.

"Jen c'mere." Julianna softly called as she took her daughter's hand in her own. A proud smile engraved on her lips as she glanced down at her most prized possession. "I want you to have fun. Not the fun that'll get you kicked out of here but the fun that you'll have stories one day to tell your kids. Maybe fall in love once or twice but don't be reckless because I don't need to be a grandmother yet," her mother said which gained a eye roll from Jennie who shook her head lightly.

"I want you learn everything you can and master all that power you have inside of you. Magic runs through these walls and I want you soak up all of it."

Jennie nodded tears welling up in her eyes as she looked up at her mother. Not hesitating even a bit to dive into her arms. Julianna's eye's prickled too as she wrapped her arms around her baby girl and pressing a few kisses against her head.

"You...you are so special my love. More than you can possibly imagine." Her mother whispered.

"I know mum, you and grandmother always tell me this."

A faint smile met Julianna's lips. Quiet for a few seconds as she just took the time to look at her daughter. Savoring that beautiful face. "I suppose we do."

"I love you." Jennie's voice cracked slightly as she tightened her arms around her mother's waist just a bit more. Savoring her warmth.

"I love you too sweetheart."

"Tell dad I love him too and grandma too of course. Oh and don't forget Kuma & Kai okay?" Jennie told her firmly, wiping the fallen tears from cheeks.

"I wouldn't dare not to."

As Julianna finally pulled away from her daughter, casting a glance behind her- her eyes met the blurry image of a woman standing by the door with a smile on her lips. She didn't react in any way since she knew exactly who it was and in that very second she knew her baby girl was in the best hands.

CHAPTER ONE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 418 60
Seven young boys grew up together and played in the park when they were young. Everything was changed when one of the oldest, Yoongi, had to move awa...
115K 1.1K 8
Supernatural beings, with their ethereal allure and enigmatic nature, are renowned for their unparalleled devotion and possessiveness toward their so...
557K 31K 110
Join the journey of Jeon Jungkook and his mate Kim Taehyung to witness their love for each other that never once wavered through the journey with the...
629 33 14
When life was created, Universe gave birth to two sides : The Side of Light and The Side of Darkness. Now thousands of years later, Darkness is will...