Descendants: Evil Awakens

By BijouCe

Descendants: Evil Awakens is somewhat the same as Descendants: War is Brewing. The difference lies, in the ad... More

Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - Present Day
Chapter 4 - Smith
Chapter 5 - The Three
Chapter 6 - Brothers
Chapter 7 - Tish, darker than coal
Chapter 8 - The Objective
Chapter 9 - The Emergency
Chapter 10 - Stubbornness of a King
Chapter 11 - Newcomer, friend or foe?
Chapter 12 - Wake Him Up
Chapter 13 - Brief History
Chapter 14 - Celebrations or Funerals?
Chapter 15 - Alshbar, a Friend

Chapter 2 - Evil Set Free

21 3 1
By BijouCe

Turning back to Liz, Kalyr could see that she understood every last one of Zig commentary about wife, kids and love. She was blushing. She was blushing because that too she could hear among men from where she was, and always wondered what it was like. What it's like to be married, to have children, to love and then die.

Changing the subject, Kalyr asked "so, what is there to be seen from up here?"

"To be seen?" questioned a puzzled Liz

"Yeah, like is there a waterfall, a hidden glowing lake or something? An unknown creature? Basically, my question is, what is your favorite thing to do up here?"

"Ah, I see. Well, I don't know. There is a lake to left of my well behind the tree lines, but it doesn't glow. There is a waterfall over at the bottom of that hill to your right, however you probably don't want to go diving in; it is the one that falls at the foot of the mountain."

"Yeah, let's not do that."

"But, my favorite thing to do is to watch the night's sky." Admitted Liz.

"What's so special about that? I gaze at it often when I am down..." Kalyr responded but stop once he looked up. "Wow, they're bigger. The stars are bigger!"

"Yep! Sometimes I get lost in thought just looking at them." Said Liz as she admired the stars. "Kalyr, the stars are up there, not my face."

"You're right. The stars are not on your face. But from what I can see, the stars aren't the only beauty worth admiring tonight." Boldly said Kalyr. Though you couldn't tell under the cover of the night sky, but Liz was blushing uncontrollably.

Unbeknown to the two, someone was slowly closing in on them from behind. The intruder was ever so silent. So light on his feet was he that he now knelt behind in between Liz and Kalyr. "So," said the man, as he interrupted the romantic atmosphere, "has he asked you to marry him yet?" Said Zig as he hurriedly ran from Kalyr.

"Zig!" yelled a startled Kalyr, "really, you just can't help yourself can you?" Said he as he chased Zig down the garden he just came from.

Chasing Zig, Kalyr stumbled upon Abe who now was chuckling at the situation. "Abe, where'd Zig go?" For Zig was a faster runner. The fastest you can say.

"Straight ahead!" Exclaimed Abe. And with that, Kalyr took off after him. He in no way would harm him. They had been friends since childhood.

Nearing his sister Abe asked Liz in a normal tone at first, "Did tell him that you're immortal?"

"No, I didn't. But I think he already figured that out."

"You know they can't stay up here, don't you? Especially Kalyr. He'll distract you from your task." Retorted a bitter Abe. Bitter, because her sister had found something he could not without leaving the mountain top. Bitter, that she was satisfy with just this moment even if it didn't last long. Bitter that she could be she can have so little yet be content. Bitter that, she got more attention than he did. That his well was sealed shut and none could drink from it, yet from hers it was freely given and encourage.

So jealous was he that his emotions started stirring the darkness that laid in his well. So stirred was it that it started the dark forces that were sealed were sipping their presence from the well. The borders of the well glowed darkish red. Kalyr who was still trying to catch Zig, sense something was wrong. Looking back toward where he left Liz and Abe, he had this growing feeling of fear, anger and death. Without a seconds notice, he ran back. Zig, who was hiding in the bushes, seeing the look on his friend face, knew something was up. The only time he ever had such a look on his face, was 5 years ago. 5 years ago Kalyr's wife was pregnant. They were out hunting when it happened. When his wife died. She died in labor with the child. But Kalyr, he sensed her distress, he sensed something was wrong. The look on his faced is the same as the one he has on now. Without wasting anymore time, he ran after him. Having traveled deep within the mountain terrain, they had a long ways to go.

"What do you sense?" asked Zig as he caught up to his friend.

"I don't know exactly, but I sense death. I fear a battle will be awaiting for us. One with grave consequences. We got to hurry." Replied Kalyr.

"I am a faster runner, I'll run up ahead and stall the situation. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the doing of Saul. See ya!"

"Saul? Wait, if this his doing then you can be sure he won't be alone. WAIT ZIG, don't go alone. ZIG! ZIG!" yelled an out of breath Kalyr.

Zig did indeed hear Kalyr, but his warning was not what concerned him the most. What did was two folds. The first being the well of darkness and making sure, Saul did not have access to it. The second being to protect Liz not just from Saul but from Abe. The little time he spent with him in the forest, he could tell he was envious of her. And if that well came close to being unsealed Abe would not lift a finger in stopping that from happening, leaving Liz to defend it herself which would lead to untold and unfavorable results and consequences. "You were rob in the past Kalyr. I won't let it happen again." Said Zig as he made haste.

In the meantime, Liz was conversing with Abe. "Abe, just because I don't say anything, doesn't mean I don't know about your habitual walks down the mountain. Your ambition and greed, has doomed us all and you're the only one to blame. I hope you can live with the consequences of your actions."

Abe was stupefy. He was at lost for words, but not in lack of anger. He was fuming at the realization that Liz knew and said nothing. That she did not try to dissuade him.

"In case you're wondering why I never stopped you? You're responsible for your actions, just as I am of mines. But above all, you're responsible for guarding your well as I am for my own. Your will is something you're in control of. Countless times, have I encouraged you to not give up; that though we do not understand God's purpose, our duties remained the same. But you chased after your desires, and now what must happen will happen."

"WHAT? WHAT WILL HAPPEN? HAVE YOU FORSEEN THIS? WHAT IS TO HAPPEN?" Questioned a furious Abe.

"You will soon find out." Replied a faint hearted Liz as she got up and went and stood beside her well. No sooner that she got there that Saul come out of the bushes with Teo and Leo wielding swords. Having had his back to the bushes, he heard movement behind him. Turning around he saw the three men coming toward them. Trying to regain his composure he walked in their direction thinking it'll be just as before. Persuade through words. That was far from the truth. Without hesitating, as soon as Saul was within arm reach of Abe, he slashed at him with an upward swing of his sword striking him across the chest. Shock at what just happened, Abe stood still as pain rushed across his torso and chest. All he could do was watch as his blood ran down his clothes and the three intruders walking pass him and toward Liz.

Seeing what occurred before her, Liz was scared but not surprised. She dared not move from where she stood. She knew something like this would have eventually happen. It was just a matter of time. Waiting for her turn, she stood bold. Raising up his sword as he neared her, Saul was walking decisively. He was a man with one goal in mind, kill and not be persuaded otherwise. No time to give ear to reasoning, strike first to win, to rob, to steal. Standing before Liz, he took one last look at her before swinging his sword for a fatal blow. Liz could see the other two men, Teo and Leo smirking and laughing in the background behind Saul, encouraging the outrage, the sin, the murder. Closing her eyes, she awaited the strike, the pain, and the numbness to follow.

Being so sure of themselves, they all failed to notice Zig, coming in from their left. Without hesitating, without a moment's notice, Saul was tackled to ground. It happened so fast. One moment Saul was before their eyes, before Teo and Leo, and the next he wasn't. So violent was the tackle, so powerful the push, so swift the defense that both men landed several meters from Liz and the others. So determined was Zig that he knew of the three present, Saul would have to be the first to take care of. Being bigger in size than himself, his only chance of succeeding against Saul was in striking first. And first he did. His strength and force behind the tackle broke two of Saul's rib bones, sending him rolling in pain.

So quick was the action, that he had time to get back up, grab Saul's sword and face the other two opponents before they realized what happened. Turning to their right, Teo and Leo started to make sense of what happened. Their laughter and smirk was turned to utter hatred as they ran after Zig. Zig being the fastest of them, he easily subdue them. Teo charged in sword up in the air, rendering it easy for Zig to parry his attack and plunge his sword in him. Leo came in with a jab of the sword that Zig also easily parried and fatally struck his once known companion. "You guys asked for this. It didn't have to be this way." Said a sadden Zig as he watched the men pass away.

Thinking he was done, Zig turned around to finish what he had started. Saul was still on the floor, but had made the effort to get up on his knees. His eyes contained only hatred. A hatred that wanted nothing more than to destroy. "I am glad Kalyr won't be here to see me like this. He has had to keep you out of trouble for far too long. After today, he'll be able to go on and live his life." Those were Zig's words as he readied the sword in his hand for sweeping motion to finish off the foe he now stood before.

Standing still steadying his sword, Zig felt two stings on his back. They were simultaneous. And slowly and speedily the sting grew into intense pain. Reaching for his back, Zig knew exactly what he was touching. He was struck with arrows. Turning around he could see 10 more men coming from the bushes.

"I hope you didn't think I would've have come back in small numbers?" said Saul as he struggles to speak due to his pain, but yet smirking.

"Nah, I don't think. I just prepare for the worst." And with that response, Zig kicked Saul in his rib cage, breaking new bones, and plunging the already broken bones into his vital organs. "You can't die a quick death I just realized. Yours must be an agonizing one. I am not Kalyr, but soon you'd wish I was." Said he as he walked away from Saul, agonizing in pain. Taking a quick glance at Liz he gestured for her to take cover behind the well before running toward the new threats.

By the time Kalyr arrived the battle was already over. The first thing Kalyr saw as he got near was the body of Leo and Teo. Followed by the sight of Zig's body lying on the floor and Liz sitting next to him. Raising he saw Saul making his way for Liz with a weapon in hand.

"SAUL!!" Kalyr yelled out as he ran toward him. At the sheer sight of Kalyr Saul was frighten. Zig was a formidable foe, more formidable then Kalyr. But when Kalyr gets angry Zig gets outclassed. So scared was Saul of Kalyr that he abandoned his quest to go after Liz and contended to saved his life. Being in so much pain and having a perforated lung, all he could do was drag his feet and weight off the ground as fast as he could and as much as he could endure.

Running to Liz side, Kalyr asked her "are you alright? You're not hurt are you?"

"No, no I am fine. Zig protected me from them." Replied Liz.

Inspecting her, there wasn't a single drop of blood on her except for her hands. "Wait your hands are..?"

"No that's not my blood, that's Zig's." reassured Liz.

"Zig? Hey Zig?" Said Kalyr as he gently touched him, to see if there would be a response. "Zig?" Said he, as he watched his friend lying on his side.

"Oh, now you remember me don't ya? I always knew you would abandon our friendship for a woman." Joked Zig.

"This not the time to joke around Zig," Said Kalyr, "you're bleeding."

"Am I?" Questioned Zig. "What happened?"

"Come on Zig, seriously lay off the humor, now's not the time." Complained Kalyr.

"He was struck with two arrows in the back. I pulled them out when he fell unconscious."

"I fell unconscious? Me? No way?"

"You did. Right after you were hit in the head with this branch." Said Liz as she pointed to branch laying on the ground above his head. The man who struck you with it, ran for his bow and arrow. Which is why I ran to cover you. But, I soon as Kalyr showed up he took off." Informed Liz.

"How many men got away?" Asked Zig.

"Just that one man, and plus Saul here struggling to escaped." Said she as they all looked at him in pity.

"Well, as long as we're alive, that's what counts..."

"Hello?! You were shot with two arrows and you're not concern that you'll bleed out?" asked a furious Kalyr.

"Not really. I live, live, I die, I die. Just kidding. I am wearing my armor. Although I must say they did pierce through a little. So I wouldn't be surprise if I was bleeding, just not mortally." Reassured Zig as he groan, "I am getting old. I did too much moving around. Kalyr, you really need to start doing your part. You're getting sloppy and lazy. How could you leave the protection of such a lovely woman in my care?" Joked Zig.

"Only you Zig. Only you." Replied an unbelieving Kalyr. "Speaking of you, where's Abe?"

"Abe? I totally forgot about him. He was right... there..." said Zig as he pointed toward the spot he last saw him. Look around, that's when he saw him behind the well of darkness about to undo the seal. "ABEEE DON'TTTT!" yelled Zig. That's where Kalyr and Liz turned their gaze to see what Zig saw.

Without hesitating, Kalyr bounce off the floor and went into a full spring after Abe. Kalyr sensed that if those seals came undone, a great evil would besiege mankind. "One that best be kept locked away for all eternity." He only managed to make it half-way in Abe's direction, when all hell broke loose. The seal came undone and a bursting gust of wind, having the well at its center sent both, Abe and Kalyr flying backwards. Immediately thereafter a cloud of smoke came, gushing out, turning night into a reddish glow. And out of that smoke came the most disturbing tone of voice. One, all who heard it should run away from. One, just by the sound itself brought terror. A tone of voice that echoed death. "Free at last. Free. Free. Free."

Rallying himself back toward Liz and Zig, Kalyr picked up a sword and spear with which to face this seemingly immortal threat.

"To whom do we owe our freedom?" Said the smoke looking at the three. "Hmm, you guys seem too pure to have been that stupid to set us free. Especially you, with those threatening eyes," it said referring to Kalyr. "Best keep our eyes on you. Who knows what you're capable of?" Turning around, it spotted Saul, crawling away. "Not so fast little one." Said the smoke as it covered Saul in total darkness. As the cloud of smoke cleared, it had condensed itself around him and was able to lift Saul up in the air. "Now, there's a wicked heart we can recognize. Surely it must have been you who set us free. You humans are so weak. We knew it wouldn't be long, before one or several of you gave into lust and greed. And thanks to you, we can now consume everything," sounded the voice out of the smoke as the tone of speech grew deeper and darker.

"Let me go, you filth! Let me go. I wasn't the one that set you free. AH!" replied a scared Saul as he suffered a world of pain as he was being squeezed. Coughing up blood, he knew even if he managed to survive, he wouldn't live to see the dawn of day. "What the heck," said he has he knew death awaited, "what have you got to offer?" sounded a hurting Saul.

"Offer? We? Hah, hah, hah, foolish human. We don't give anything. All we do is to but consume all that you've work hard to get. Your life, your loved ones, your crops, your herds. We consume all that comes seeking power. We feed off the darkness of men's soul. And tonight after a very long time, yours is the first we shall have.

Being up against such a threat, Liz, Zig and Kalyr could only watch as Saul was swallowed inside the dark smoke, with nothing to be found that he ever existed.

"OH, of course, my meal wasn't the one who set us free. Isn't that right Abe?"

"You, you know my name?" questioned Abe.

"Of course we know your name. You who've been guarding and dissuading men from seeking us, how could we not? Being imprison within that well never stopped us from influencing men's heart. But you two would always dissuade them from setting us free. We knew it was only a matter a time before the wickedness of men's heart grew to a degree where words wouldn't suffice. OH we knew. And now that we're free we can do much more than just incline the heart's to darkness. We'll enslave you to it. We'll pave the way and watch you destroy yourselves. And once the evilness of your hearts increases, we'll feast. We'll feast through sickness, wars, famines, deaths, hatred and murder. Oh, what a feast indeed. And we'll keep doing so till there's nothing left. From village to village. Islands to Islands. And you Abe, shall be at the center of it all to witness your foolishness." Said the entities of smoke. "Where Abe shall live to see his foolishness, you three shall live to help us accomplish it."

"We would never help you?" Said Liz. "I would rather die, than to align myself with you," retorted Zig.

"Oh, that we know. We know it very well. Which is why we aren't asking for permission. We take by force. You three are perfect to house all of us."

"House all of you?" questioned Liz as repeating started making sense to her. "No, no, I refuse. I refuse to..." Looking at Kalyr and without hesitating she passed down her essence undo him and Zig. It was a veil of light. Leaving Liz, it flowed over and enveloped them completely. It was indeed a light, but it looked as if it could be physically touch.

"No! Yelled Kalyr and Zig. "What are you doing? What about you?" as they realized what she was doing. Liz removed from herself parts of her that made her strong, immortal and pure and passed it on to the two. "The clock now ticks, it's up to the two of you to put an end to what's about to happen." Said Liz.

Zig, looking at Kalyr, knew the hurt and anger he was now experiencing. He saw it on his face, the day his wife and child died. And now today, he was witnessing it again. Twice now has he witness his best friend shed tears. "Twice too many," thought he. "Stop Liz, stop. You're not protecting yourself. There has to be other options," yelled Zig.

"There isn't." Said Kalyr as he turned to Zig with teary eyes.

"What are you blabbering and plotting about? Whatever you think you're doing won't work. We're much, much stronger than you." Declared the shadow as it reached down to grab Kalyr and Zig. And immediately as the shadow forming finger came into contact with the protection that Liz was passing unto the boys, it evaporated violently evaporated. As if to say it was annihilated. Angry and in shock and realizing what Liz was doing could mean an end to his new found freedom he went after her. Forming a fist he tried to crush her to ground. Fortunately the boys were fast enough to jump in and cover her, causing the evil before them to lose both hands.

"We will not be defeated so easily." Said it as it disperse into smoke and causing a great darkness as they swarm around them. And in the cover of that darkness, they grabbed Liz from underneath the boys and without wasting anymore time, went to work to possessing her. As the entered her, so the darkness grew fainter, till Zig and Kalyr could see clearly what was happening; and before they could get to her, the evil within the smoke formed wings and took off with her.

"And that's the last I saw of her," said the aging man before a group of six travelling warriors.

"What happened afterwards?" questioned one of the travelers.

"After it took off with her, the ground started rumbling under our feet and a greater cloud of shadow escaped from the well. Except this was different. It didn't clutter like the first one did. Instead it wasted no time in dispersing and fleeing in many directions. We soon understood, that the evil that escaped, that was that took off with Liz were the leaders, generals I call them. And the ones after were the soldiers. So for the remainder of our days we set out eliminating the soldiers in an effort to get to the generals. And wherever we found men willing to align with our cause, we brought them to the well of life and gave them to drink. But, they never quite live as long as we did. I think Liz somehow, passed down some of her immortality unto us."

"What happen to Abe?" questioned the same traveler.

"Once we left the mountain top we never saw him again. We hated him for what he did. I hated him for what happened then, and what happened afterwards especially."

"What did happened?" asked the quietest of the lot.

"Well, I lost my best friend that's what happened. The task before us was proved too great. The second wave of evil that'd escaped the well, fled to distant lands. They somehow took control of wild beasts and changed their very nature. And so because of that, we decided to split up. We split up and our task was to gather as many able fighting men as possible and bring them to the well. I stay in this land and he travelled to distant lands across the sea. Miraculously enough we had gather the same amount of fighters. Fifty-thousand able men. Men who witness the destruction of evil and wanted to put an end to it. Heading up the mountain, which you see behind you, we headed to the well. But upon nearing it, it was dried up. The only water that remain is but the one you around my neck. This disappointment in itself wasn't dangerous until he spoke up."

"He?" questioned the first traveler.

"Abe. He accused me of my men of having come to the well and emptying it till nothing was left. He said we were working with the shadows and only called the warriors across the seas out of their lands so it could fall prey to evil. And before my friend and I could bring to reason the men from across the seas an arrow was shot that mortally wounded my men. And a battle insured. We had no choice but to fight. It was as if everybody had gone mad. It was the same bloodlust I'd witness with Saul and his men back then."

"What happen to your friend? Did he die?" asked another among the six.

"Oh no, there was no way he could die so easily. When the battle ended, we were the only two survivors. I think, because of what happened, because it was one of his men that cause us such defeat, he felt guilty of it. I never saw him again since. And Abe, he disappeared once again. Never saw him since."

"But why did he do that? What was his goal?" asked shortest of the travelers.

"I still don't know do this day. But I feared that evil took complete control over his heart." Finished the old man.

"Then it would appear sir that the fight is not yet over. For this same evil which you witness and fought still exists in our lands. This is the story that we've been told of sir. We know that four hundred years ago, there was a battle a great battle that took place in our lands. Leading the charge against the forces of darkness were 10 generals we've come to call descendants. Heirs of the mission of those like you, sir, that sought to end the reign of darkness once and for all. The witch as we've grown to call her, was in charge of the forces of evil. At her side she possessed and controlled ten dragons. Turning against her, they sided with the descendants and locked her up inside of this barrier. A barrier which now is failing. One only needs to approach it to feel the fear on the other side. We can only imagine what wicked being she gave life to, these so many centuries. And this is why we need your help sir." Recounted the first traveler.

"Well then my sons, these bones could sure use some greasing." Spoke the elderly man as he got up from his chair and slowly stood straight.

"One final battle sir, one final battle." Advanced the man among the travelers who seemed to be the leader of the five. "Help us end it." Said he as he extend his hand toward the elderly man as sign of alliance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 1.1K 8
(Based off an alternate ending to Descendants 2) After Uma infiltrated the Royal Cotillion, she was defeated and captured. Months have passed since t...
11.3K 488 10
Auradon has the image of the picture perfect people who have gone through things due to the hands of evil, but what happens when evil comes to them...
34.7K 3.3K 23
(Read Book 1: Blood Rider first! This is the second book of the series.) The war with the Queen of Linos is over, and Eli is content in the land of e...
19.9K 303 13
Y/n. Daughter of Maleficent and little sister of Mal. The VKs are forced to go to Auradon and try and steal The Fairy Godmother's wand in hopes to fr...