One of the Boys

By bijouthegreat

More

One of the Boys
Chapter One: Awkward Beginnings
Chapter Two: Weaknesses
Chapter Three: Not Listening
Chapter Four: A Different Side of Me
Chapter Five: Party from the USA
Chapter Six: Facing my Fears
Chapter Seven: A great team
Chapter Eight: Intruders
Chapter Nine: Almost Disaster
Chapter Ten: Can't lose my best friend
Chapter Eleven: Being told what to do
Chapter Twelve: Wins and slip ups
Chapter Thirteen: Warnings
Chapter Fourteen: Rematch
Chapter Fifteen: Broken Bones
Chapter Sixteen: She's Back
Chapter Seventeen: Wrecked
Chapter Eighteen: No Show
Chapter Twenty: Mrs
Chapter Twenty-One:The Red Bull Charity Gala
Chapter Twenty-two: Things can not get worse
Chapter Twenty-three: Home
Chapter Twenty-Four: Unexpected Guest
Chapter Twenty-Five: No Hesitation
Chapter Twenty-six: Meant to be together
Chapter Twenty-Seven: I'll be there to fix you
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Everything Falls Apart
Chapter Twenty-Nine- Up-Down
Chapter Thirty: Shenanigans
Chapter 31: Cornered
Chapter Thirty-Two: We are the Champions
Chapter 33: Godfather
Chapter Thirty-Four: Team Vettel

Chapter Nineteen: Revelations

1.1K 36 5
By bijouthegreat

T.C.:

    “Wake up.” Sebastian said, poking me in the back.

    “How did you get in here?” I whined, rolling over and pulling the covers over my  head.

    “I have my ways.” Sebastian said smugly. I felt the covers being ripped from my body and cold air instantly hit me.

    “Sebastian.” I groaned, shutting my eyes tightly as he flung the curtains open. Filling the room with light.

    “You told me you would need help getting to the track this morning.” Sebastian reminded me.

    “Well, when I said that I mean I would call you when I needed help getting down to the car. I can assure you that I no part of that conversation did I ever ask you to break into my room and harass me until I got up, nor did I insinuate anything of the sort.” I said, slowly and painfully sitting up and pushing myself back so that I could lean against the headboard.

    “You weren’t going to be ready in time.” Sebastian said looking out through the large window that overlooked the city.

    “You don’t know that.” I crossed my arms indignantly.

    “Yeah I do.” he turned around, he had that stupid smug grin on his face.

    “You’re not nice.” I pouted.

    “Yeah, yeah. Now its time to get up.” he told me.

    “Whatever.” I huffed and forced myself to get out of bed and begin my morning routine.

    Once I finally felt that I looked acceptable to face the masses. I hobbled back into the bedroom. Sebastian was sitting on the bed watching TV. He looked up at me with concern as I made my way over to him.

    “You need a wheel-chair.” he frowned.

    “I most certainly do not!” I said horrified at the thought of me being pushed around the paddock in a wheelchair.

    “You’re crippled.” he said pointing at my crutches, and cast covered leg.

    “I resent you.” I glared at him.

    “You love me.” he tried to pull a Daniel sized smile, I responded to him with an offensive hand gesture. He gasped and clasped his hands over his chest. “You’re rude! How un-lady like miss Jennings!”

    “What can I say? I’ve never been much of a lady.” I shrugged. “Besides you know I love you Sebby.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

    “Yeah, yeah.” he rolled his eyes.

    “Alright, lets get going. You’re making me late.” I winked at the four time world champion.

    “Oh, okay!” he laughed, grabbing my bag and escorting me out the door.

    In the lobby we were met by Seb’s trainer Antti who assisted in getting me out to the gray infiniti sedan that had been sent to pick us up. I sat in-between the two men. Leaning my head on Sebastian’s shoulder and yawning.

    “Wake up. You have plenty of sleep.” Sebastian chuckled.

    “Yeah right, I’ve been up all night worrying about how this race is gonna go.” I said closing my eyes.

    “What are you so anxious about?” Antti asked. I sighed, sitting up-right to rub my temples. My eyes still squeezed tightly shut.

    “What is there to not worry about? The car is crap, I’m sure Daniel hasn’t even thought about racing or improving over the past two weeks and I can barely get around to get what I need done.” I frowned.

    “It might not be that bad.” Sebastian said, pushing my head back down onto his shoulder. I snorted in response.

    When we arrived at the track, Sebastian and Antti helped me out of the car. Antti carried my crutches while I leaned on Sebastian and he helped me through the paddock. It was slow and painful making our way to the garage, but Sebastian was so patient with me. Going as slow as it took. Cameras flashed all throughout our journey.

    “You know this would be much faster if you let me carry you.” Seb said, soft enough that only Antti and I could here.

    “In your dreams Vettel. This is degrading enough.” I hissed.

    “Smile for the camera’s. You’re happy to be back, remember?” he prodded, using his free hand to wave to the camera. The flashes went crazy.

    “Okay Brita.” I teased. Thankful that my sunglasses covered my massive eye roll.

    “You love it.” he smiled, eliciting a grin from me.

    “Whatever.” I waved to the cameras, flashing a perfect smile.

    “That’s my girl.” he doted on me.

    “I’m not a puppy.” I said through gritted teeth, while still baring a forced smile.

    “You’re a good girl, yes you are.” he baby talked, as if he were speaking to a dog.

    “I’m about to make a very media-un-friendly hand gesture.” I scowled.

    “Okay, okay. I’m done.” he smiled.

    I was relieved when we finally reached the garage. Now I could immerse myself in my work and not worry about what the media was thinking of me. However, the relief was only momentary because I was instantly faced with the other thorn in my side. Daniel. I grab my crutches from Antti. Thanking him quickly before putting my head down and getting to work. Doing my best to avoid contact with Daniel until the last possible second.

    “So I was going over the data from the last race and…” I zoned out was Daniel began talking to me. The nerve of him. Coming up as if nothing is wrong. As if he did nothing wrong. I couldn’t even comprehend it. “Are you even listening to me?” he looked at me, furrowing his brow.

    “not really.” I shrugged.

    “Okay, well I’ve worked really hard over the break. So if you could listen to what I’ve found, that would be great.” he said. My blood boiled and I wanted to wring the Australian’s neck. However, I decided to be patient. After all, he had finally looked over the data as I always ask him to do. 

    “Okay, continue.” I sighed.

    “So, I think I’ve finally found some of my problems.” He said.

    “I’ve been trying to point out your problems all season.” I snorted.

    “T.C. don’t be that way. I’m making an effort here.” he glared.

    “Alright. What are the problems?” I asked, genuinely trying to give him a chance.

    “I’m braking too early on turns, for starters.” he said.

    “that’s true.” I nodded, biting my lip. Be nice I kept repeating in my head.

    “And I really need to practice my starts. So if I could do some test starts during practice that could help me.” he said, I continued nodding steadily.

    “I think that is a great plan.” I agreed with him. He smiled proudly at his revelation. And even though these are the things I have been screaming at him about all season, I guess I can’t complain about him finally realizing what he is doing wrong. “Alrighty, lets get to it.”

Daniel:

    “You did really well today.” Desiree cooed. I continued to poke at my dinner.

    “I was p8.” I said discouraged.

    “Yeah, but that’s out of like… a bunch. So 8 is really good.” she smiled.

    “I just hope T.C. can get the car back into order before Sunday.” I leaned on my elbows.

    “It doesn’t matter about her. You just do your best.” Desiree said rubbing my thigh.

    “Actually it matters a lot. We are a team.” I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

    “Well, I’m sure it will be great.” she said moving her hand to my chest.

    “I’m going to bed.” I said standing up abruptly, leaving my food and Desiree.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 5K 23
๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐˜ฟ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™š๐™ก ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™™๐™ค ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ ๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ง๐™ก๐™š๐™จ ๐™ก๐™š๐™˜๐™ก๐™š๐™ง๐™˜'๐™จ ๐™—๐™–๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค ๐™–๐™ก๐™จ๐™ค ๐™๐™–๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™จ ๏ฟฝ...
33K 274 16
Trust me, you'll love it more than you think. Just read it๐Ÿ˜‰
206K 4.4K 33
"You're my pretty sunflower, princess".