The Last Paladin

By muhakka_17

Juniper Calloway-Griffin... A girl who formally was on Earth, she got relocated onto a Galra Ship at the age... More

The Rise of Voltron:
Some Assembly Required
Return of the Gladiator
Crystal Venom
Collection and Extraction
The Black Paladin
Across the Universe
Shiro's Escape
The Blade of Marmora
Broken Pieces
Best Laid Plans
Blackout
Changing of the Guard
Red Paladdin
Tailing a Comet
Code of Honor
Black Site

Taking Flight

66 1 0
By muhakka_17

After the whole intruder came into the castle, we came up with a plan to hold the guy who intruded in the castle. Maybe we could get some answers. We were discussing the game plan in the lounge.

"Then let's get moving." Shiro commented.

"Time to go defend the universe." Lance jumped.

"Wait, I have something to say first. I need to come clean. I'm afraid this may change the way you all think about me." Pidge stood up. "Just so there are no secrets between us anymore, I can't 'man up.' I'm a girl. I mean, I can "man up" because that's just a figure of speech. I don't have to actually be a man to "man up. I just have to be tough." Pidge explained. "But what I'm saying..." Lance cut her off."

"Wha? You're a girl? How?" Lance stuttered.

"I've known for some time, but I'm glad you've shared it with everyone." Allura smiles.

"I already knew." I responded.

"Yeah, I figured." Hunk shrugged.

"Oh, yeah, me too." Keith adds.

"Wait, we were supposed to think you were a boy?" Coran asked.

"Pidge, owning who you are is going to make you a better paladin." Shirt smiles.

"It's good to get that off my chest. Now, let's launch this Castle-ship!" Pidge chirped.

"Wait, what? Pidge is a girl and the Castle is a ship? How long have I been out?" Lance continues to ramble.

"Activate interlock. Dynotherms connected. Mega-thrusters are go. We are ready to depart Planet Arus on your mark, Princess." Coran states.

"Firing main engines for launch." Allura announces as we are back up in space.

After being out in space for a while, we find a distress signal.

"We are coming to assist you." Allura reaches out to them. We landed on this nearby moon.

"Whoa. Nice ship." the Allison stated.

"Stay aboard and try to get as many of our systems clear of that Galra crystal energy as you can." Coran stated.

"You don't know how glad we are to see some friendly faces. Most folks don't want to get tangled up with anyone who's on the run from the Galra." This guy stated.

"So, you guys are fighting the Galra?" Keith asked.

"Well, I don't think Zarkon is exactly quaking in his boots at the three of us, but we do what we can." The alien male stated.  I'm Rolo. This is Nyma, and our cyber-unit, Beezer." He introduces his friends.

"Hi." Nyma comments. The robot began to beep.

"Cool robot!" Pidge exclaimed.

" Hi! Name's Lance." Lance winked at Nyma.

"Was your ship damaged in a fight?" Shiro asked.

"Yeah, we've really been through it with the Galra. Parts are hard to come by. Luckily, we were able to limp to this moon about a week ago. If you didn't pick up our distress signal, I..." Allura cut him off.

" We're happy to help. I am Princess Allura of Altea, and from now on, you won't be alone fighting the Galra. You'll have the Paladins of Voltron by your side." Allura stated. Rolo just chuckled.

"Okay. I don't think they've heard of us." I pointed out.

"It has been ten thousand years." Shiro states.

"Voltron? Five robot lions that combine into this big robot guy?" Lance began to describe it.

"Sounds impressive. I'd love to see it. Or him. Them." Rolo answers.

"Why don't we get to work on your ship? I'm sure we all have places to be." Hunk grumbled.

"Sure." Rolo answered. "Pretty much our whole flaxum assembly is shot. I don't know what kind of extra parts you carry in this rig of yours. I've never seen anything like it." He showed us his rocket

"I'm sure we can get you back up and running." Allura stated. "Give Hunk a list of what you need. Coran can show you where to find it." Allura explains

"Okay." Hunk folded his arm.

"We'll go with you. Don't want you to have to carry all that yourself. Come on, guys." Rolo offered.

"Uh, I don't think so. You can just wait out here." Hunk stops Rolo.

"Hunk, don't be rude." I snarled.

"Yeah, mind your manners. There are ladies present."  Lance added. "Hey." He snaps his finger at Nyma. Shiro and I sigh is disapproval.

"Oh, I'm sorry, but does anyone remember the last time we let our defenses down? Someone kind of set off a bomb. Remember, Lance? You were almost killed." Hunk barked.

"Oh, yeah." Lance winced.

"Hunk's right. Sorry, but we have to be cautious." Shiro agreed.

"Hey, I don't take it personal. That's how it is out here. You've got to look out for your own. You're doing a good job, big man." Rolo nodded.

"Yeah. Thanks." Hunk walked off.

Later that night, we started a fire since the temperature was dropping.

"My planet was destroyed by the Galra and I was taken captive. I managed to escape, but not before I lost something." Rolo tapped his leg.

"I know exactly how that feels." Shiro points to his arm.

"Well, I hope there are some parts in here that'll fit. You know, to get your ship moving?" Hunk yells.

"Great! Thanks." Rolo smiles.

"So, what can you tell us about Zarkon's forces? Where are they concentrated?" I asked in curiosity.

"Well, his command ship sits right in the center of the Empire. He mostly calls the shots from there and has his minions do the work, depending on who's closest. This is the territory of a real nasty bugger named Sendak." Rolo explained.

"Oh, we've met." Keith comments.

"How far are we from the center?" Shiro brought up.

"We're way out on the fringes." Rolo answers.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I think you guys are kind of keeping Rolo from working.
It's just that we're in a hurry. A hero named Shay saved my life, and I swore I would return to do the same for her and her people. You understand?" Hunk looks over at Rolo.

" Sure. Sorry." Rolo got up and looked at the parts carefully. As Shiro and Hunk we're discussing in private. I walked over to Keith.

"Hey," I smiled. "You loom grumpier than usual."

"Am not." He muttered.

"Are too." I teased. Hunk walked off and waved us over.

"So, are there more freedom fighters? Any kind of organized resistance to the Galra?" Shiro asks.

" Only folks who haven't been colonized yet, or the lucky few, like us, who managed to escape somehow." He started.

"Well, we're going to change all that." Keith reassured.

"That's good to hear, but I've got to warn you, it's pretty bad out there. You don't know what you're up against." Rolo turns around and continues to dig for parts.

In the distance Keith and I noticed that Lance's lion went off.

"Oh Lance. What an idiot." I rolled my eyes.

"Something we can agree on." Keith chuckled.

"How many ticks have they been gone?" Pudge asked. They flew off not too long ago.

"I don't know." I answered.

"I hope they didn't break down again." Allura added.

"Something ain't right." Shirt pointed out.

Guys? Hello? Little help? We heard Lance's intercom go off.

"Lance?" I questioned.

"Lance! Are you all right? What's going on?" Shiro began to question.

Well, I'm kind of chained to a tree.

"I knew it!" Hunk yelled.

And I think Nyma and Rolo just stole the Blue Lion.

"I knew it! Where are they?" Hunk asked Lance.

Uh, space?

"Uh, I never trusted those guys, right from the beginning! At first, it was a feeling in my gut, but when I was replacing that pipe, the pipe was cracked, but none of the hardware around it was damaged." Hunk began to brag.

"We get it!" Keith yelled.

"If the thermal pipe is cracked, then, obviously, hello, the entire assembly should be totally roasted." Hunk carried on.

"Okay! We get it." Me and Keith said at the same time.

"We should've had to replace the entire undercarriage of that reactor. So, right then, I was, like, positive. Foul play." Hunk added.

"Okay, we get it!" We all y'all in unison. We all got into our lions. We left Lance because the lion was on the top of our heads at that very moment.

We all began to chase the ship containing the blue lion. We were shooting at it and kept missing. Me and Keith flew our lions fast where we were both about to grab the shuttle. They flew into the meteors. Then, Keith sped his way through and weaves his way through the asteroids. He retrieved the lion.

"Hey, Lance, I got your lion back." Keith said through the helmet.

Thank you, Keith. Now, can you come and unchain me?

"What's that? I, uh You're cutting out. I can't I can't hear you." Keith teases.

Oh, come on! I thought we bonded. Keith? Buddy? My man?

"Since your ship really doesn't work now, you'll have to wait here for a rescue." Shiro told Rolo.

"Thanks for sparing our lives." Rolo thanks.

"Now that these guys are dealt with, let's get to the Balmera and save Shay and her family." Hunk commented.

"You may not believe this, but I hope you do stop Zarkon." Rolo replies.

"It's a lifetime of fighting the Galra that led me to where I am today. All this quintessence will turn you into the strongest, most horrifying fighter ever created. One that even Voltron will not be able to defeat." Allura commented.

I walked over to Keith.

"So, is Lance still not talking to you for not untying him right away?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, but I'm not complaining." He laughed. If you don't mind me asking, where did you learn to fly like that?"

"Me? I wasn't as fast as you and you saved the day in the end." I pointed out.

"Not a lot of people can keep up with me." He stated.

"I've done some ship flying in my day." I laughed.

"Where is my question?" He questioned.

"Can't say. Garrison was a little help, but nothing to help prepare someone to fly an alien ship." I answered.

"Huh..." he folded his arms. "Why are you so secretive all the time?"

"There are things I don't want to talk about and that are none of your business!" I stomped off.

Keith's POV

After Juniper stomped away, Shiro walked over to me.

"What did you do?" Shiro asked.

"Nothing. I just wanted to know where she learned to fly like that, and what she was hiding." I defended.

"Listen, Keith, I know this is something you have been itching to find out, but something tells me that she has been through a lot. Some truths aren't ours to tell. When she wants to tell us, then she will. In the mean time, don't sweat the small things." Shiro advised.

"Yeah," I grumbled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

522 13 7
Kora Kogane twin sister of Keith and the paladin of the Purple lion.Join her and her Friends and family to save the universe from the Galra.
48.4K 1.2K 18
HEY EVERYONE! KLANCE FANFICTION TIME! Keith has been away with the Blade of Marmora for so long, and Lance misses him desperately and he's not sure w...
3.6K 88 10
what if the galra war did happen but voltron never did. What would the war be like if the paladins all had different lives in this war and yet was al...
169K 4.2K 19
What happens when a part of Voltron, a paladin to be exact, is taken hostage by the Galra Empire? Would Voltron search far and wide for their missing...