The Shadow Morpher-Book 2

Galing kay janefoxx

Troy Flarehill has just escaped from Varmer's palace but that is the least of his worries. His sister, Helen... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 15

1.5K 45 25
Galing kay janefoxx

And here is the fifteenth chapter! Please don't be cross if I still haven't dedicated a chapter to you and you are a loyal reader of my book. I promise that I will dedicate one to you. Please vote and comment as usual. :) Picture of Dahlia's father, Philip McLean on the side. :)

Chapter 15

                He had a vivid dream. He dreamt about one day when he, Dahlia, Helen and Olive were at Towerhall Academy and had had no idea about magic or Varmer or that he had come from a castle.

                Troy truly believed that their innocence had been a blessing. Well, his, Dahlia’s and Helen’s innocence. Olive had known all along what was happening and who they really were.

                None of the rest of them had known. Troy himself had been completely oblivious to all the magic. Olive had wanted them to enjoy their ignorance while they could.

                Despite all the fighting and the constant running, Troy felt that he wouldn’t give up all that had happened over the past few days.

                He knew that Dahlia would probably want to give it all up. Even though she called him obtuse, he sensed that she would willingly be as normal as she could. All the magic, all their elemental powers just made her more different than she would ever want to be.

                Now that he was reliving his dream, he wondered how he never had guessed what Dr.Fang really was.

                Troy jerked awake, sweating feverishly. Cedric and Dahlia were on guard duty and they were watching the area outside with their weapons drawn. Tamarak snored lightly next to him.

                “What time is it?” he whispered, trying not to disturb Tam.

                Dahlia and Cedric jumped. They pivoted around and raised their weapons before they realized that it was him.

                “Three o’clock in the morning,” Dahlia whispered back.

                Troy pulled himself out of the sleeping bag and suddenly realized how cold it was. Apparently the sleeping bags preserved their body heat.

                “One of you should sleep,” he said, crawling over to them. “I can’t sleep anymore.”

                His eyes met Dahlia’s and he instantly knew that she understood. He had had nightmares. About Helen. Again.

                “Go to bed, Dahlia,” Cedric offered. “I’ll watch with Troy.”

                Dahlia shook her head. “Nope. You’ve watched longer than I have. You replaced Luna and then about two hours after that, I took over for Tamarak.”

                “I’m not tired,” Cedric protested.

                “Then tell us about Kayla,” Troy said. “You mentioned that she hates relationships. Why?”

                Cedric sighed and made some space for Troy to sit near the mouth of the cave. Running a hand through his curly dark hair, he spoke.

                “Haven’t you guessed by now?” Cedric asked.

                Troy shook his head.

                “Even after being captured and going to Varmer’s castle and seeing all the guard members?” Cedric asked incredulously.

                Troy shook his head again, but Dahlia looked like she had finally understood something. She nodded her head slowly.

                “Because of Benjamin, right, Cedric?” she said.

                Cedric nodded too. “Kayla and Benjamin were married after dating- or, er, courting- each other for a hundred years. The night before she left, they were officially married.”

                “So she loved him?” Troy asked.

                Cedric nodded again. “She still does,” he said, softly.

                Troy rubbed his forehead wearily. Everything was clicking into place. The lost jigsaw pieces were joining in his head like a connect-the-dots puzzle.

                “How d you know?” Troy asked.

                Cedric paused. “Well, Troy you told me.”

                Troy’s mouth fell open. Both he and Dahlia gawked at Cedric who managed a small laugh at their shocked expressions.

                “You guys look like a row of goldfish!” he said.

                “When did I tell you that?” Troy spluttered.

                Cedric winced. “Six years ago.”

                “Why don’t I remember you?” Troy demanded.

                Cedric turned aside, his fingers clamping down hard on his staff and spear, avoiding Troy’s scrutinizing gaze.               

                “Why?” Troy repeated, louder this time.

                “Shh...” Cedric muttered. “You might wake up monsters in the woods. We’re not really in any shape to fight another monster.”

                “I’ll yell my head off until you tell me,” Troy threatened, his gaze angry.

                Cedric glared back. “You wouldn’t dare. The number of monsters that would come is astounding. You never lived here before. Sapphire and Tamarak did. The monsters that live here are up to thousands.”

                Dahlia looked stunned. “How many monsters are there in the world?”

                Cedric considered. “Maybe two million monster, in total.”

                “Don’t change the subject!” Troy snapped. “Why don’t I remember? You know why, Cedric, don’t lie.”

                Cedric opened his mouth to reply and then snapped it shut again. There was no way he could explain to Troy what had happened in the past. He fidgeted slightly.

                “Dahlia, charm him!” Troy said, frustrated beyond belief.

                Dahlia opened her mouth to speak and her eye caught something outside. Something that was impossible. After all, there was no way that he could be there, was there?

                Dahlia ducked under the ivy, her heart thudding loudly. Ignoring the startled noises of Troy and Cedric, she crept forward.

                “Dad?” she whispered, half-asking, half-wishing.

                The man spun around and a smile creased his face. It was indeed Philip McLean, Dahlia’s father. One hand was slung in his pocket and the other held a flashlight.

                Mr.McLean smiled. “How easy you’ve made this, Dahlia.”

                He pulled the hand from his pocket, producing a dart gun. Before she could react, he pulled the trigger. One small dart entered the side of her neck and she collapsed.

                “NO!” Troy yelled, leaping out from behind the ivy where he had been paralysed with fright.

                He lunged forward, his sword outstretched, ready to shadow-travel away when he realized that he couldn’t vanish. He tried again. Nothing happened.

                At the sound of Troy’s yell, the other magicians had awoken. They scrambled out too, but they soon learned that none of their gifts were working either.

                “What’s going on?” Tamarak demanded as he tried to turn invisible.

                Philip McLean smiled. “Oh, Tamarak, you are helpless. My gift renders all your gifts harmless. Yes. I’m a magician too.”

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

94 8 13
Merlinda and her friends make their way to Forestia to learn of a prophecy she was foretold to be in. On the way, however, many obstacles cross their...
22.3K 1.4K 40
The lost son of Galmora, Caspian, son of Orion, and the enchantress from beyond the stones, Caia Hicks, meet purely by accident. She's been alone her...
33 0 11
Cordelia Veena Aria just became of age to go to the human realm. She and her best friend, Flareia from the Pure Flames, journey on this Quest to find...