||FINISHED|| Pink Roses (JSAB...

By DJG3N6

'Alright Butterfly, here's the thing about you humans, you'll believe anything you're told as long as it's co... More

Foreword *PLEASE READ*
The Man With Pink Hair
The Castle
The King
Fried Chicken Solves Everything
The Snake Woman
Mordecai
Scars
Worth Being Kind to **self harm**
Dumplings and Doritos
What He Sees In Me
Hot and Cold
Secrets
Home
The Quartet
Quartet - The Art of War
Quartet - I'm Being Reelistic
Valentines day & 600+ Reads Special!
(Y/N) - The Pentagon in my Dreams
(Y/N) Never Forgive. Never Forgive. Never Forgive.
(Y/N) - Falling
Quartet - Barracuda
Quartet - About Trist
(Y/N) - Caught
(Y/N) The Square in my Dreams
(Y/N) - Calm Before the Storm
(Quartet) - Prochorus
Quartet - Chip Zeal
Quartet - Lycanthropy
(Y/N) - Vengeance **Physical battery**
(Y/N) - Fear **Self harm**
(Y/N) - Pain
(Y/N) & Quartet - Fresh's Cool Friends (Murtagh & Veschell remix)
Quartet - Skye
Quartet - Corrupted Friends
Fresh - The End of Circumference Pt. 1
Fresh - The end of Circumference pt. 2
Fresh - Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold
Fresh - Long Live the New Fresh
Quartet - Close to me
(Y/N) - Out of Tune Violin
5K special - Q&A
5K Q&A SPECIAL PART ONE
5K Q&A SPECIAL PART TWO
5K Q&A SPECIAL PART THREE (FINAL)
Quartet - Aftermath
(Y/N) - Stress
Quartet - The Big Three
(Y/N) - Hangover
Quartet - TRIST TALKS
Final Boss
10K reads special (FLORIST X TATOO ARTIST AU ONESHOT)
A̱͗n̬͠ṇ̎ỉ̗h̹́i̞͝l͓̈́ḁ͝t͎̀e̠͐
its over.
One-Winged Angel
The Monster with Pink Hair
11th-Hour Superpower
Just Mobsters and Organised Crime Preview
Till it's over
Once Again
shitpost
The White Triangle in My Dreams
Voicemails
It's not Over
Character Voice Headcannons
But at What Cost...?
Fun Facts about Pink Roses!
20K READS/HAPPY BDAY JSAB/HAPPY BDAY QUARTET/SEND HELP
Shattered
Yeeting a Cyan Midget over my Shoulder
Nightclub
Bosses Reunited
Sweet as Sugar
Doing this while it's still relevant
So I'm a latin student (Shitpost)
KARMA BITCHES
(A Song Named) Pink Roses ||END||
Pink Roses as shit I have said and done
Snapped Trist AU
White Roses AU
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ IF YOU STILL PAY ATTENTION TO THIS STORY
And so it begins...

(Y/N) - This is it.

1.5K 42 92
By DJG3N6

"M'lord!" The Corrupted that entered Fresh's room shouted panicked. Her shrill voice broke the peace silence that had continued for what seemed like hours beforehand. "The four shapes have arrived at the tower! Shall we initiate emergency protocol?"

"mmmeugh...?" Fresh lifted up his head. He could barely open his eyes. I myself, on the other hand, could barely close my eyes. They were wide open in disbelief. Tetra's here?

"M'lord, the tower is under attack!"

It took him a few seconds to fully realise what she was saying, and when he did, his eyes slowly opened themselves in horror and surprise.

"WHAT?" Fresh sat up, practically scrambling like a rat. His eyes still did not lose their horrified look. "YOU-YOU'RE KIDDING!"

'I'm not, they are pounding at the door. At any rate, they'll likely break it down!'

"Th-they won't, send a bunch of Corrupted down and take care of them, I-I've seen them - they're tiny!" Fresh stuttered as he tried to hide the fact that he was practically shivering with anxiety. "They'll be easily overpowered!"

'They won't, I've seen them fight, they're-' I immediately covered my mouth when I realised what I was about to say. No. Fresh needs as much reassurance as he possibly can, telling him that the four were much stronger than they looked and that they'll likely break the doors down would be the exact opposite of what he would need. But he looked at me with wide eyes and I instantly regretted opening my mouth in the first place.

"Keep going" He ordered, now shifting his body towards me as his eyebrows furrowed. "What... What were you going to say?"

'N-Nothing, it's really nothing, we'll just-'

"Bethany, you have been dismissed." He turned to the Corrupted. She bowed and closed the door behind her. Now that we're alone, he faced me, with a calm but serious expression. His voice was low and soft, although it hid anxiety. He didn't house any hostility in those eyes. "What were you going to say?"

I gulped.

"(Y/N), sweetie, if you're worried about worrying me further, then it's probably best to tell me, I don't want to die because I was lied to about their true strength and ended up underestimating them. I know you wouldn't want me to die, so I want the truth."

Spoken like a poet. Really, if this guy were to run for president he would undoubtedly win the election and serve for more than one term.

I swallowed a heap of Saliva before beginning to talk.

"Tetra can easily beat up Austin, even though the height difference between them has gotta be at least half a foot. Lumina isn't exactly the strongest out of the four, however she can definitely outlast her opponent. That girl's got the stamina of an antelope. I've heard Quin's kicks are extremely strong and that they can destroy wood. Pi... Um... He can... Stay up for three days straight?"

Fresh took in the information and soaked it up like a sponge. 

"Huh." He nodded, looking out the window and into the distance. "You suppose they can break down the door?"

Conflicting words started to rise in my throat. Part of me wanted to pat his back and say "Well, they're extremely small, so I doubt it" but the other part wanted to suck it up and say "Knowing their physical prowess and the fact that they have the two thirds of the three of life on their side, it's highly likely." I didn't know which one to choose. Give him the warm reassurance he needs or telling him the cold truth?

...

"I'm sorry... But knowing them, I think that they'll be able to break in..."

To my surprise, Fresh was oddly calm. He just nodded in acknowledgement of what I just said, and looked out the window with a thousand-yard stare. I just hugged him.

He breathed in.

"Alright." He stood up. He walked over to the bathroom, and shortly after, he came back. When he did, I tried not to burst out laughing at the fact that he had a face mask on. It was coloured a light green and smelt like mint. He offered to give me one, and I accepted, still trying not to laugh. He just looked ridiculous, with the thick mint paste smothering his face, leaving only his lips and eyes uncovered. Mint chocolate chip ice cream. I applied the mask before him and I walked for a bit. After 10 or so minutes, I washed the mask off, and my skin had never felt more soft. Fresh, on the other hand, announced he was taking a shower, and closed the door. I could hear him taking a shower in there, with the water running and all. I wondered to myself if I should leave. I decided not to, since he never told me that I needed to leave. Finally, a shape emerged from the door, and his eyes widened once he saw me.

"...What're you still doing here?" He muttered, face red. He clearly has no idea how to assess the situation of a girl being his presence while he's wearing so little. He wasn't wearing any less than what he was wearing earlier, I could still clearly see the scars on his torso and leg, but the fact that the towel he was wearing around his hips could fall at any second seemed to put us both on edge. That would be VERY awkward.

'You... never told me to leave?' I tried not to stare at his privates. He had a pink prosthetic engaged, using it to walk.

"Oh... Well, sorry, erm, can you- like- give me some privacy?"

I laughed, before I left the room. Honestly I would be embarrassed too if he was sitting on my bed waiting for me when I stepped out of the shower. After chilling for a bit in my room, I heard voices through the wall. When I investigated, I saw Fresh pointing and yelling orders. to my surprise, now he looks like a real king. Previously he looked like a punk, but now he looked truly royal. He was still wearing a leather jacket and pitch black ripped jeans, but his aura was much, much more regal than it was before. He wore a plain white shirt and pink tie, and wreathing his shoulders was a pink royal cloak, hugging close to his figure like a blanket. It flowed down to the floor like a waterfall of lava. Perched on his head was a glowing pink crown with a corrupted triangle on the top. His face was serious and he looked much more confident than he did half an hour ago. It was cold and focused. Driven with determination.

"Fresh, what's going on?"

'Emergency protocol.'

"Oh. What's the plan?"

'We prepare for combat. I, alongside the strongest out of the Corrupted, stay behind. You leave somewhere safe. Barracuda and Mordecai will protect you.'

"W-W-Wait, hold on, I'm gonna evacuate?"

'Yeah. Your safety first.'

"Fresh, I can't just stand by with a stick up my ass while you're fighting!"

'I don't want you in the line of danger, I want you to be safe!'

"WELL IF YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR YOUR LIFE I WANT TO BE THERE BESIDE YOU!"

Silence echoed through the halls.

"...What?"

'I mean... Forget I said anything...'

He just stared at me, not breaking eye contact. His eyes bored themselves deep into my soul. I felt like I was obligated to keep on talking, but instead I just went up to him and hugged him. He hugged back. I knew that he knew exactly what I was thinking. I wanted to be there, supporting him, but he wanted me to be safe.

And... who am I... to disobey... a King...?

"Did you use a perfume?" I asked. His armpit smelt sweet, like roses.

'...Maybe...'

"You used a perfume.'

'Well I'm glad someone's paying attention to the way I smell' He laughed.

"Heh... Yeah..."

Silence.

'Fresh?'

'Yeah?'

"Stay safe, okay?"

'...Okay. I will.' He said as he let go. He smiled widely at me. The air surrounding him was more accepting and far more confident than he was before. He looked behind me, and I turned my head around. There was a Corrupted there, standing in the corridor, holding a familiar bright pink rose in his hand. Confidently, the Corrupted strode over to Fresh, and handed the rose to him. Fresh thanked him, before dismissing him.

"Darlin'?" He raised his head to me, holding the rose in his hand. 

'Yeah?'

"I wanted to give this to you yesterday, but, well, you know what happened." He smiled, face pink with a cute flush. The pink rose in his hand was just like the rest I was given. Pink petals with a black stem. I was just about to accept it, when, to my surprise, he put it behind my ear. He smiled.

"Just as pretty as you are." He smiled widely, and I almost died happily right there and then. Pretty?

'Thanks' I muttered, avoiding his gaze under my own embarrassment. There was a warm sun shining on my face.

"Hey. Remember what I said? About those pink roses?"

'Hm? I... forgot...'

"No problem, I said that these roses won't wilt. The only time they will die is when I do. So if you're feeling nervous, and you're worried for my safety, just look at the rose in your hair. If it's alive, then I'm alive and kicking."

'Okay... But I... er...'

"Worried about me?"

'Sh-Shut up! Who'd ever be worried about you!"

He just giggled.

"Hey, if you're nervous, until preparations have finished, I can stay with you."

I looked down at my feet. "Sure..."

He smiled widely. He sure is dressed nicely for someone who's going to kick someone else's ass. Wouldn't he get hot wearing that?

Entering my room, I could feel that the atmosphere was cold and serious. The lights even seemed a bit dimmer than usual. I swallowed a heap of saliva that had built up in my throat, but then Fresh started to talk. The moment he did - just like magic, it all dissipated. His voice hid not even a single hit of anxiety, it just radiated confidence and warmth. His lips sang such encouraging words that eventually, after what felt like a few minutes, I started to laugh and joke with him.

Until it all came crumbling down the moment a Corrupted entered the room.

"Sir." He said sternly. "The preparations have been completed. We now wait for your orders."

He smiled confidently as he stood up.

"Oliver, go get Barracuda and Mordecai. Get them to escort (Y/N) out and protect her at all costs."

'Wait, what?' I butted in, but he just turned around and smiled.

"It's okay. You're gonna be safe."

'But what about you?'

"I'm gonna be fine." He ran his fingers through my hair and smiled.

I pursed my lips. It's taking me a crap ton of effort to even admit to myself that I'm nervous about him. That I'm worried. The very first time I've met this guy, I wouldn't care any less about his status and whether he was alive or not. The first time I had met him wearing that crown, I didn't even know his name. Now I know his secrets, his dark past, his real name, who his ex-lover was, the blood on her hands and the blood on his. I've seen this man at his best. Confident, well-dressed, with a large smile on his lips. But I've also seen this man at his worst. Scared, drunk, and losing control over himself. And frankly, I've grown quite attached.

"Mordecai's coming over to get you as we speak. Um... By the way - highly unlikely, but if this is the last time we ever talk, if you've got something to say, say it now."

Something to say? I have plenty of things to say. I wanted to say that he was the first person to ever make me feel so loved and so happy. I wanted to say that he was a one-of-a-kind, that he has earned my respect and affection. I wanted to say that what happened in the past wasn't his fault. I wanted to say that his smile bought so much warmth in my heart. I wanted to say so much.

I wanted to say that I liked him.

But I couldn't say anything.

It was like my body froze up. It was like my tongue just decided "Nope, not today" and just stopped working. Holding in all of the words felt like holding in vomit. It felt like a firework's about to explode in my mouth but it's been taped shut. It felt uncomfortable, beyond words even, but yet I couldn't make a sound.

"...Nothing?" Fresh looked almost disappointed. "Oh well. I'll get going now. Mordecai should be here any second-"

But what my mouth couldn't say, what my tongue couldn't articulate, what my words couldn't reveal...

My body did the talking for me.

I can't even fully describe what exactly happened to me in that moment, or if it was even real. I just remember my body moving by itself.

And the next thing I knew my lips were against his.

Time seemed to pass much, much slower during that moment. I know it sounds cliched, but I guess what they all say is true then. My eyes were clenched shut during the whole ordeal, so the moment passed in darkness. Until I had realised what exactly I just did.

Immediately I pulled away, body suddenly starting to react to the decision it just randomly made on its own. Fresh's eyes were wide and his lips were parted slightly in shock. It's only now that I really realise the sensation that just passed. It's only now I realise how soft his lips were, and how surprisingly sweet they tasted.

"I-I-I'm sorry, I just- You know what- I'll just-"

Fresh didn't let me finish my sentence.

I could feel a throbbing heartbeat pulse at the back of my head. Its rhythmic beat felt like a thundering drum. That's how hard my pulse was beating, it was actually painful. But that I realise a second later - right now I was focused on the sensation of a tender touch on my lips, as something soft delicately caressed them. This time, my eyes were wide with surprise. I felt a hand clutch the back of my had and pull me close to the man in front of me. It was holding me in place. His other hand was gently caressing my cheek, and I felt his thumb brush against my cheek. Judging by the curvature of his lips that I feel on mine - he was smiling.

What felt like hours passed like this.

Finally, when he pulled away, I saw a confident, joyful grin on his face. His cheeks were flushed bright red. If I were to guess, so were mine. I can't close my eyes.

"Thanks." He smirked. "Just the confidence boost I needed."

'...You're welcome...' 

"You can have as many of those you want, Darlin'." He winked. I just bowed my head, pointed to the door, and sternly said "Out. They're waiting."

Fresh laughed, before leaving the room. Half-way through the doorframe, however, he stopped.

'I'm gonna win this battle. I don't care what those bastards are capable of - I will beat their asses.' He smirked confidently as he left the room.

Now left to my lonesome, with the adrenaline gone, I finally take in fully what just happened then.

I just kissed somebody.

I JUST

FUCKING KISSED

SOMEBODY

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME I'VE ONLY KNOWN THIS GUY FOR A WEEK AND A HALF AND

AND

AND

JESUS CHRIST (Y/N) YOU ARE A FUCKING TART.

COUNT YOURSELF LUCKY HE DIDN'T JUST LEAVE RIGHT THERE AND THEN.

After a while wallowing in my disbelief at what just happened, Mordecai, along with Barracuda, entered the room. He looked puzzled, but Barracuda just looked tired and 110% done with everything. Mordecai looked behind his shoulder with his eyebrows raised. Soon enough, he lifted me up in his arms as he leapt out the window. Once again, the sensation of the wind in my hair filled my heart up with exhilaration. Barracuda stayed silent, while Mordecai let out a thrilled "YAHOO" as he descended.

Under normal circumstances the landing would've been so rough our legs would immediately shatter, but at this point I've gotten so used to the soft landings that the Corrupted were capable of. He let me down, and I looked back up at the tower. I pursed my lips.

Please don't die, Fresh...

"Hey, (Y/N), did something happen between you and Fresh?" Mordecai asked me, looking up at the tower. Thunder rumbled. Lightning clapped. Nearby was a field of pure pink roses. I realised they were the same flowers that Fresh picked out for me. Now that I see the tower I was staying in in all its glory, I realise just how tall it is. It is a towering pink obelisk, ascending into the clouds, with the design of white triangles on the sides. Must be a reminder of Trinity.

'Why do you ask?'

"I dunno, like... On my way here I saw Fresh with his head against the wall looking like he was in one of those emo music videos. He was muttering to himself all weird, and then, like, out of nowhere, this dude suddenly just starts yelling, I think he said stuff like "as many of those you want??? What the hell were you thinking, that was terrible" and "Oh god you are such a fucking dork what is wrong with you", stuff like that. His face was all red and he looked super embarrassed. Then he realised Barracuda and I were there and he just immediately stopped. He looked like he just- Uh... (Y/N) You okay?"

'Wha-Huh? Nonono, I'm totally fine!'

"Your face is red"

'So what, your face is red!'

"No it's not"

'Yes it is!'

"No it's not"

'Yes it is!'

"No it's no-" 

"Hey, guys? You might wanna see this." Barracuda suddenly became apprehensive. The two of us looked at her, and saw that she was staring at the tower. Looking at the tower, Mordecai's jaw immediately dropped open, and my eyes widened. What was once the tower had suddenly developed a black colouration. Then, it was like an egg started to form around it, an oval casing of darkness surrounding the tower. It crept up like ants ascending a wall, until the entire tower was enveloped in pure darkness. I couldn't see in and I don't think anyone inside would be able to see out of it either.

'Barracuda, what's happening?' I took a step back. Is Fresh doing all this? No way... I never knew he could do this...?

"Well... It's starting now."

'What's starting?'

Barracuda smirked. "The Final Boss." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 187K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
3.1M 254K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
3.9K 57 24
Hi im elecelecman And im also a historian Today we'll be looking at world war 1 A war that defined a generation Hopefully by the end of this you'll...
7.6K 253 9
DReaM + YoU = LOvE make sense