Not so little anymore

By EGH15-01

It's been two years since their someday deal and neither Josh or Maya have talked to each other much since. N... More

NYU
Awkward meetings
The talk
Zay the wise
Mr. Peterson
Friends?
Exploding
Projects and jealousy
Apologies and warnings
Simon Walkers
Party
Homework and conversations
Confession time
Decisions
Surprise!
Project part 2
Threats and Apologies
A/N PLEASE READ!!
Explaining and Farkle
Baby news and dates
Date Night
Date interuptions
Finally!
Breakups are hard to do
Anger and phone conversations
"I love you."
Mistakes
The after shock
The Truth Comes Out
Confronting
Break time
Unpleasant surprise
Start of the weekend
Locked in
Painting can be fun
Heart to heart
Back to the beginning
A/N
Confrontation
Another story idea
Relationships are so so so complicated
What?!?!?!?!
Oops
Protective uncle
Sacrificing for those we love
Topanga knows all
Halloween
Halloween P2.
Built up tension
Sneaking around
Messes of all kinds
It's a hard pill to swallow
Oh Farkle
Thanksgiving break
Taking a break
Alone time
Lying and sneaking
The Fall
IMPORTANT~ BIG IDEAS COMING UP
Temper's flaring
unlikely friends.
The Full Story
Shock Of A Lifetime
Unexpected announcement
Home
Her Friend Josh
Moving Forward
Depressing Apologies
Making It Right
That Horrid Day Of The Year
Josh's Party
The Ride Home
An Offer
Simon's Surprise
Making Amends
The Final Project
Difficult News
Making plans
Advice
Babysitting
Refusing
Celebration
The Party
Gloom
Siblings
Final Wish
Graduation
Mixed Up
Goodbye
Your Heart Or Your Past
Homebound
Final words and big news!
Sequal announcement!

Heartbreak comes in many forms

5.9K 134 46
By EGH15-01

I'm sure some of you are probably cursing my name right now... Anyway.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Tell me whats going on right now!" Riley demanded as she came out into the hall and closed the door of her apartment. Maya inwardly groaned. This was not the place she wanted to have this conversation.

"It's a long story." Maya told her as she brought her hands up to her face to rub. Riley gave a glare to Farkle who had a blank stare on his face.

"I've got time." She replied with an icy tone. Maya sighed, Farkle clenched his fists, and Riley knew that whatever it had been had been going on for a while.

"Riley I have to tell you something, and you're going to be really angry with me." Maya told her. Riley narrowed her eyebrows. With one more glance up at Farkle, Maya bit her lip and decided to just get it over with. "Josh and I have been sneaking around and seeing each other."

Riley's eyes widened as the news. She looked over at Farkle who just nodded his head in conformation.

"For how long?" She asked.

"Since Halloween." Maya whispered quietly. Riley just stood there shocked, so this is what Maya and Farkle had been hiding from her, what Maya had been so uptight and jumpy about lately.

"How long has Farkle known?" She asked.

"Since Thanksgiving." Farkle's reply came. "And Maya didnt tell me, I figured it out. They both wanted it to remain secret." A look of hurt came across Riley's face.

"You didnt want to tell me?" She asked. Maya shook her head.

"It wasn't that we didnt want you to know, we didnt want anyone to know. In fact, Farkle is the only one that does know. Except for Simon. But like Farkle he figured it out as well." Maya explained. Riley bit her lip in thought. "I swear I didnt mean to hurt you." Maya was now on the brim of tears for a whole new reason. Riley softened a little and let out a small smile.

"I'm not hurt, Maya. I understand why you and Josh wanted to keep it secret for a while. I am a little disappointed that Farkle got to know, and a little ticked that he figured it out and I didnt, but I get it." She told her. Maya smiled as Riley reached out and grabbed her hand. "But I dont understand why you're crying, Isn't it a good thing that both of you have finally come to your senses?" Riley teased. Farkle and Maya shared a look before Farkle turned away from the girls as he locked his jaw again.

"It was, I guess." Maya told her. Riley looked even more concerned now.

"Was?" She questioned. Suddenly Farkle turned back around the face the girls with even more anger placed on his face.

"I saw Josh with Adrianna this morning at a diner just outside of campus. They looked pretty cozy." Farkle stated. Riley looked shock before shaking her head and letting out a chuckle.

"No. Josh would never, especially to you Maya he adores you. He would never want to hurt you like that, and especially not with Adrianna." Maya shook her head.

"Maybe that's why he didnt want to tell me, because he was afraid of hurting me. I'm not saying that he did this intentionally, but sometimes things happen, old sparks flare back up. Look what happened with me and him, I never meant to hurt Simon like that." Maya answered thoughtfully.

"Maya, Josh would never." Riley defended him.

"I know what I saw Riley. I never would have thought Josh either, but I guess people continue to surprise you." Farkle snapped. Riley looked back at Maya.

"Is this why you faked being sick last night? So Josh could sneak over?" She asked. Maya wasn't surprised that Riley knew she had been faking, she wasn't the best actress.

"Yeah, but he never showed. I guess he had more important things." Maya told her. Riley took a deep breath.

"You should talk to him about this, there has to be some kind of explanation." Riley told her. Maya shook her head.

"Look he'll be here soon and I dont want the family to think that there is anything wrong. We'll have the talk when we have to, but right now lets just enjoy being home." Maya told her. Riley seemed hesitant but eventually smiled and gave in.

"You coming in Farkle?" Riley asked as Maya headed into the apartment. Farkle looked to make sure that Maya was inside before he looked back at Riley.

"How long until Josh get's here?" He asked. Riley narrowed her eyebrows.

"Not sure. An hour maybe?" She said. Farkle thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"Yeah, I'll stick around." He told her before passing her into the apartment causing confusion to Riley before she closed the apartment door.

Things seemed to be okay as the three pretended around their family that everything was okay. Riley was going on about how she wanted everything to be perfect for when Lucas arrived as it was his first Christmas with the family that year. Farkle stayed close with Maya through out the night. Not leaving her side to even grab a drink. They talked quietly with each other and Farkle seemed to be more on edge. The woman of course noticed this, but the men stayed oblivious as usual.

Finally, as dinner was being served Josh walked through the door in his leather jacket and boots that had become his signature look as of late. Maya felt a sting in her heart as she noted how good he looked.

"Hey family! Sorry I'm a little late, I ended up having to run some errands with a friend." He said casually as he slipped off his jacket and him and Auggie did there usual routine. Maya noted that the greeting was becoming less enthusiastic as Auggie was getting older. Something that Josh had mentioned in one of their many late night talks after curfew. Maya felt another sting in her heart as she thought back to the memories.

"No apologies necessary for you Josh." Topanga smiled at him. "In fact, you're just in time!" She exclaimed as she motioned to the spread that was on the table. Josh smiled as he greeted everyone and frowned as Farkle kept his stare blank around him.

He noticed how Riley's smile was forced and tense, how Maya didnt do their usual banter that they put around his family, or even how she didnt even look at him. He gave Farkle a questioning look though dinner, who gave him a nasty look for a split second and then putting a smile back on his face as he started a conversation with Topanga. Josh didnt understand why the three were acting so strange towards him, something he would have to ask Maya about later he supposed.

Once dinner was over Maya looked up and smiled at Topanga and the rest of their family as she cleared her throat and stood up.

"That was great dinner, Mrs. Matthews. I'll be right back." She said heading over to Maya's room. Josh smiled as he took this as her sign to meet up. Planning on waiting a full minute before he actually excused himself.

"Riley, is everything okay with Maya? She's been acting kind of strange since you two got home." Topanga said.

"Oh um, she wasn't feeling well yesterday or this morning. She probably just doesnt want to worry anyone." Riley answered as she side glanced Josh before putting her head back down. Josh narrowed his eyebrows as if to say ' that was not discreet'. It seemed that Maya had told Riley about them.

"I'll go check on her." Farkle's voice spoke up as he got up from the table and started down the hallway towards Riley's room. Josh narrowed his eyebrows in suspicion. Something was wrong, and this time he wasn't waiting to excuse himself.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." Josh excused himself as he to got up from the table not missing the nervous glance that Riley gave him.

Josh walked up to the door and knocked, waiting for someone to open up. A second later he was met with Farkle's angry face. This set Josh back a little, he hadn't seen Farkle this way before.

"She doesnt want to see you at the moment." He told Josh as he came out and shut the door behind him. Josh narrowed his eyebrows together.

"What are you talking about?" He asked. " Move." He demanded. Farkle stood his ground. Josh closed his eyes in a way to control his temper. "Look Farkle, I've never had a problem with you before. But-"

"Yeah well I have one with you." Farkle interrupted causing shock to overflow in Josh. Josh and Farkle were both the same exact height, so they were looking directly into each others eyes. "I saw you this morning with Adrianna. You two looked really cozy together, I knew it wasn't something that I could keep from Maya." Farkle said. Josh's face turned into a glare as he pointed at Farkle.

"You have no idea what you're talking about." He told him in a low voice. Farkle scoffed.

"I know more than you think. And I refuse to let Maya get caught up in it." Farkle told him. "I cant believe you would do this." He told Josh with pure disgust in his eyes.

"Farkle, you are playing with something that you dont understand. Besides it's not your business-"

"Maya is my business!" Farkle quietly snapped causing Josh's temper to flare. But he didnt lose control, not yet. "Dont misunderstand me, I can get dangerous when I want to. When you mess with the people I love and care about, you unleash a side of me that I promise, you'll be sorry about. She'll talk to you when she's ready." Farkle didnt wait for a reply. He opened the door and went back inside to Maya, shutting the door in Josh's face.

Josh bit his lip and turned around to be met with the furious gaze of Lucas and the worried expression of Riley's. Great. It was clear that they knew as well.  Josh thought with a bitter chuckle.

"Excuse us." Lucas snapped before he and Riley passed Josh with Lucas purposely bumping into his shoulder before they disappeared inside the room as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.5K 1.4K 33
↠︎ re-edited. MAYA HART starts her senior year of college with her best friends. with everyone in serious relationships, she is wondering if the pr...
89.2K 2.7K 32
a three year age difference has maya questioning her feelings for joshua matthews ▷ joshaya
186K 4.2K 56
♡ Joshaya AU ♡ Maya is a sophomore in college with a pretty perfect life, amazing parents, a best friend who she loves more than anyone, and a boyfri...
100K 2.4K 39
Josh and Maya haven't spoken much in the past few years after their nasty breakup but when Riley and Lucas announce their engagement and plan their B...