The Artist [BxB] (COMPLETED)

By MonetPill

Kim Jinsoo is an amateur artist. He doesn't know what he's doing but the outcome is always the most sophistic... More

The Artist
Awkward Greetings
Coincidence
Red, Orange, Yellow
Basketball
Notebook
Kindness is A Virtue
Home run?
Memory
Plan B
Forever River
Picture Perfect
Anger, bruises, and Textbooks
Deja Vu
Seo-yun
Gift
Im Fine
Read
Alone
Realization
Confession
Hope
Doubt
Rival
Falling in Love
Day One
Big Question
Lives Parted
Unable to Remember

Comfort

294 23 0
By MonetPill

"Where are you going Mommy?" Little baby Sangwoo asked as his mom was packing her belongings.

She stood and takes a moment to answer her son's question. "Mommy is going to be out for a few...days." She goes back to packing her bags and ignores her son.

"Then can I come with you?" He asks, climbing on to the bed adjacent to him.

"I wish you could." She whispers. After a few minutes, she was ready to head out.

She tugs onto the handle of the suitcase and makes her way out of the door into the grand area of the house. Her husband was sitting on the island of the kitchen, observing her slowly.

"Whats with the suitcase?" He asks, standing up.

She completely ignores him and continues to head towards the front door.

"Mommy says that she's going to be gone for a few days," says Sangwoo, beaming his white teeth. "I don't know where though..."

The man glances back at the woman. "You're leaving? Why?" He violently reaches for her wrist.

"Let go of me!" She tries to pull away but his grip was getting stronger.

"Why are you leaving, huh? Where are you going to go without my money?" He proceeds to grab a hold of her neck. "Leave and you'll regret everything."

"I don't need your money!" she yells.

Sangwoo notices his mother's parole and quickly jumps in to help the situation. "Daddy, why are you holding mommy like that!?" He tries to pry him off but gets a slight shove.

"Let..me..go!" She tries to push and shove him off but gets a tighter squeeze instead. "You are a terrible man! Constantly going out to mess with other girls!" She yells.

She manages to pry him off and bolt towards the door but not before the man yanks her hair. "You're not going anywhere," He says pulling her back as she yells.

"Daddy stop, you're hurting mommy!" Sangwoo goes in again to separate his parents but again gets shoved to the side.

He watches silently, his mom struggling to free herself from his father.

"Sangwoo!"

__________________

[Oh Sangwoo]

"Hey Sangwoo," Ji-Jae says as she gets closer to me. It was a day after Jin's visit and I was at the Yeongdeungpo mall shopping for some new outfits when I ran into Ji-Jae and some of her friends.

"Oh, hey."

She takes a hold of my hand and leads me over to the food court with her throng of girls tailing behind. There was obviously a crowd of other people who followed me.

"I want to tell you something," She says puckering out her lips.

"I'm all ears," I put my hands in my pockets, slightly uninterested. She then goes foreword to plant her lips right on mine.

I hear a gasps from the people who were watching--phones and cameras pulls up. I quickly shove her off and wipe my lips. "What was that!?" I kept wiping my lips.

"To show that you can't date anyone besides me," She says with a sassy manner. The flash of cameras distracted me from focusing on the situation.

"You know what," I put on my jacket, "I'm leaving."

I left and sat at home for the rest of the weekend.

*-*

[present day]

"Oh Sangwoo, what do you have to say for-"

"We have here Oh Sangwoo and his fa-"

"Oh Sangwoo, mind telling us about you-"

The reporters and photographers quickly swarm me and I pass the streets of Seoul. I just got back from a photo shoot and the people are already eager to get their hands on the new magazines. I had to skip school today just for this.

"Just keep on walking until we get into the car," says one of my body guards. I nod and kept my head low, avoiding the camera flashes.

Once I retreated to the safety of the van, I pulled out my phone and start to text Jin.

-what did we do today in school?

I close the app and go onto twitter and notice the trending hashtags.

'#ohsangwoogf,

#sangwoodating,

#ohsangwoonotsingle

I quickly tap on the hashtag and look at the photos presented. The photos show Ji-Jae and I kissing at the Yeongdeungpo mall last weekend. Then, I felt my heart drop.

'Did Jin see this?'

At that moment, I felt as if all of earths oceans were drowning me. Despite me being physically above water, the feeling of the weight apon my body was immense.

I hear a ding come from my phone which brought me back to reality. It was a text from Jin.

-we have an art competition. We have to go to MMCA Seoul.

I let out a relieved sigh and reply back immediately.

-cool.

I was thinking about whether to ask about his plan for the date.

-so, have you thought of a place to go on our date?

I sent the text anyway, wanting a direct answer as soon as possible. There was a minute of hesitation from him. Even though we weren't physically in front of each other, I could tell he was debating whether he should reply or not.

-about that...

I regain my posture in my seat and reply back.

-what?

I anticipate on his reply.

-I don't think we will be able to go on a date.

I read his text and felt my heart drop.

-why?

His response took a few minutes--me already arriving at my house. Some of the photographers in their cars followed us and was caught at the front gate. I quickly get out of the vehicle and make my way towards the front door.

Inside was my mom who was sitting on the couch on the far formal living room, watching the TV.

She acknowledges my presence and smiles. "How was the photo Shoot?"

I shrug, "nothing out of the ordinary. After what happened at the mall, editors and reporters are crowding me on the streets." I let out a heavy sigh. "And now, Jin said he won't be able to come on our date this weekend."

My mom turns off the TV and makes her way over to me. "Why?"

"I don't even know. He was texting me in the car and I-"

On cue, my phone rings. I look at the notification, reading the text that Jin sent.

-I'm busy this weekend. I have to prepare for the competition.

I turn off my phone and put my hand in my hair. "He said he has to get ready for his competition."

My mom raises a brow. "What competition?" I explain to her how our art class was invited to an art competition in down town Seoul.

"You mean, Jin will be competing against other artist for a prize?" She asks, incoherently.

I nodded, slowly. "I'm also going. But, I'm probably just going to sit in the back as people take pictures of me." My mom agrees and walks over to the main kitchen.

"You should get ready too," she says. I shrug and make my way to my room. I pass by the the butler rooms and notice the other boys laughing about something.

"I can't believe you would even say that!" Says one of the boys, laughing.

"I mean, someone's gotta say it at one point," another says.

"Yea, we were all thinking about it," one boy says sarcastically.

I ignore their conversation and make my way to my grand bedroom.

Once I get to my door, I open it and notice that Jin's art supplies were still on my bed. I walk over and examine the supplies.

I should really start getting ready, huh?

I put the item down and go to my closet to pack my outfits.

______________

[Kim Jinsoo]

I just lied to Sangwoo....

I..lied..

I tossed my cellphone onto my bed and shoved my face into my pillow.

"I can't believe I backed out on the date!" I shout into the pillow.

My mom peeks into my room through a slight crack through my door. "What's wring Jin?" She asks. I kept my head in my pillow and replied with a mumbled 'nothing.'

She comes through the doorway and sits next to me on my small twin bed.

"Well there's obviously something wrong," she says. I don't reply and just keep my face covered. "Jin, why do you have so many packed bags?" I finally lift my head to look at her.

"I'm going to an art competition this weekend. All of the expenses are paid my the school." I shove my face back into my pillow.

"That's nice. Do you know anyone going with you?" She asks.

I nodded. "Sangwoo," I mumbled. I hear her shuffle around my bed. "That's good. Don't you like Sangwoo?"

I sit up quickly and shake my head. "W-Why would you ask that?! He obviously has a girlfriend...." I shove my head back down. My mom lets out a sigh and puts a hand on my head.

"Jin, what's bothering you?"

I shook my head and squeezed the pillow closer to my face.

"Jin, are you...jealous of Sangwoo?"

I felt my heart start to speed up. I haven't really thought of how I felt towards Sangwoo but the fact that he has a significant other makes me feel...odd. I don't reply to my mom and begin to let out a few tears secretly.

"It's okay if you do. I'm sure he feels the same way about you." She says reassuringly.

Suddenly, I felt a burst of emotion within my heart to scream and yell but to cry and sob.

"He kissed a girl! He probably doesn't like me back if he like to kiss girl right?" I say, the wavering of my voice indicating the tears about to fall from my eyes.

"I canceled our date because I though he didn't like me anymore," I wipe my eyes with my sleeve, "he probably didn't want to go with me anyway..."

My mom started to massage my back. "That's not true. I'm pretty sure he thinks of you as an important person to him. After all, he knew you since you were born."

I sit up and look at my mom. "He has?"

She nods. "His mom and I have been friends since high school. Sangwoo was born first but you came about two years right after. We would make play dates with you guys all the time. He would always tell others kids to leave you alone when you cried. It was so cute."

She gives a slight smile. "You and Sangwoo were inseparable. But, Sangwoo's dad made them move away for almost six years. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't remember him."

I stare at my mom and have the sudden urge to ask questions about my past.

"Who was Sangwoo?" I ask, curiosity taking over my sadness.

My mom laughs and puts a hand on her shoulder. "I'll tell you everything that you and Sangwoo did."

She gets up and goes out of the room. She comes back shortly with a CD and a video player.

"I made sure to record everything I possibly could," She says, inserting the CD into the device. She plugs the wire from the player into the TV inside my room.

Suddenly, the screen flashes with a video of two babies in a room. Then, there was the voice of my mom.

"Sangwoo, say 'hi'!"

The little boy waves at the camera while the smaller looking one lays on his stomach clueless.

"Go over to hug Jinsoo," my mom says as Sangwoo turns over to hug the baby that is supposedly me.

"I remember this day," my mom says behind me. "Sangwoo just turned three while you were still in diapers." I blush and look away.

"He was abnormally large for his age. Being almost four feet tall!" She stares at the screen displaying Sangwoo kissing my face repeatedly.

"It's sad that you too aren't as close anymore," she whispers. I turn my attention back to the TV which was showing a different time.

"Sangwoo, you're not letting Jin get to his toys." I hear his mom say. Sangwoo proceeds to hug my tighter and pout.

"Behbeh mueeds meh," He says.

I blush as I see myself trying to grasp my toys that laid right in front of me.

"Sangwoo is being protective of Jin again Min-seo," She says.

"Aww, that's okay. As long as he isn't hurting him then it's fine," my mom said. I turn to my mom she was smirking her face off. "How could you just let him do that to me?" I say, slightly offended.

"It was cute! Sangwoo was always to protective of you. One time there was this kid wh-"

"Jin, are you okay?!"

Both of our faces turn towards the TV which showed me on the wood chips of the playground floor crying.

"This one," my mom says softly.

I look at the details and notice Sangwoo was attacking a boy in the background as my mom helped me get up. My knees were bleeding and I was a crying mess.

"Sangwoo almost killed that boy that day," my mom says giggling, "he then goes to comfort you for an hour."

The screen shows Sangwoo holding me and whispering to me that everything is okay and that he beat up the bad guy. I was still crying but not as much.

"It's cute you know,"

I turn to face my mom had glossy eyes.

"To be able to see your baby all grown up,"

She turns to me and gives me a hug that I very well needed.

_____________

A/N

I hope you guys like this weeks chapter. Sorry for any mistakes I've made!!!

I've been taking some inspiration from some dramas and anime that I watch in my free time and weave them into my story line. I will make sense but I guess you have to keep reading to see how!

-b.b.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 26.8K 71
When fate decides to connect two souls,who's totally difference in characteristics and life style... Kim Seokjin, who grew up in a middle class but s...
39.7K 1K 35
Taemin enters a rich high school, but even though his life is already hard, he gets bullied during school. Minho, Key, and Jonghyun are students and...
4.3K 263 10
Lee Seokmin thought his life was finally on the right track. Becoming a member of an internationally well known architect firm comes with big respons...
8.5K 411 23
Lee Han was a normal teen guy, a ordinary popular guy in his High School with a tight friend group. Taesan was a ordinary nerdy sweet guy, not compl...