A Simple Mistake || Ashton Ir...

By crazy_nashi

Mia is fresh out of high school, trying to find herself and where she belongs before she is shipped off to NY... More

A Simple Mistake
Prologue
Part 1: Mia
Part 2: Ashton
Part 3: Mia
Part 4: Ashton
Part 5: Mia
Part 6: Ashton
Part 7: Mia
Part 8: Ashton
Part 9: Mia
Part 10: Mia
Part 11: Ashton
Part 12: Ashton
Part 13: Ashton
Part 14: Mia
Part 15: Mia
Part 16: Mia
Part 17: Ashton
Part 18: Mia
Part 19: Ashton/Mia
Part 21: Mia/Ashton
Part 22: Mia
Part 23: Ashton/Mia
Part 24: Ashton
Part 25: Mia/Ashton
Part 26: Mia
Part 27: Ashton
Part 28: Mia
Author's Note: Playlist
Part 29: Mia
Part 30: Ashton
Part 31: Ashton
Part 32: Mia
Part 33: Ashton
Part 34: Mia
Part 35: Ashton
Part 36: Ashton
Author's Note
Part 37: Ashton
Part 38: Mia
Part 39: Ashton/Mia
Epilogue
Want more Ashton and Mia?

Part 20: Mia/Ashton

858 29 3
By crazy_nashi

DISCLAMER: This chapter is a little crazy, it will go back and forth between the two of them and I am not sure if you guys will get it or like it but I thought it worked better this way because all of it is happening at once and I kind of wanted to mix things up… Hope you like it? Haha xx

Playlist: Without those Songs by The Script,Style by Taylor Swift, I Wish You Would by Taylor Swift, Little Do You Know by Alex & Sierra, The One That Got Away by Katy Perry, Half a Heart by One Direction, Love Hurts by Incubus, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

(ASHTON)

He could hear the boys introducing themselves, his fingers fidgeting with his earpiece as he waited for his turn.  As soon as Michael was done and the three of them looked at him he chuckled and licked his lips before pulling the microphone closer to his lips.

“Wassup Seattle, I’m just the drummer but you guys can call me Ashton.” He said; his arm rose up to point at the crowd.  He adjusted his earpiece once again as the crowd went crazy at his introduction. He chuckled into the microphone and scanned the crowd, a sea of faces looking back at them. Screaming and holding up their cameras to catch every single moment forever. As he watched this he felt the adrenaline run through him as he drew from their excitement. Every show was the same.

“So are you guys ready to hear more music or what?” Ashton screamed, pushing the microphone away and just like that the show rolled on. Song after song playing. And just like their excitement, the crowd became louder and louder. It was safe to say this had been their best show yet in the states.

(MIA)

The more they played the more I felt like I was suffocating. The air short, I could feel my throat closing up as tears filled my eyes. And no matter how excited the crowd around me was, I was slowly dying inside.

Every memory came rushing back in flashes, heated moments between the two of us. Everything that had happened between us.

I was left breathless.

And the truth was I didn’t feel like I was living anymore. I felt tortured by being here. I could no longer hear the crowd; I could no longer hear the music. I was just staring at the boy who had broken me smiling and laughing.

Without telling Heather, I turned around and began pushing my way out of the venue. I needed to get out of there before I broke down again. I needed fresh air. I needed to breathe.

The seconds passed and I felt that I would die if I did not get out of there, nasty look from girls every time I stumbled against them. People staring because they couldn’t understand why I would be storming out of there.

And as soon as my hands pushed the doors open and the cool night air rushed through me, that I felt my lungs open up and take it all in. I crouched down against the wall, elbows on my knees as I tried to breathe.

Heather shouldn’t have made me come. She shouldn’t had forced me to come here. I didn’t need closure. I was fine. I was doing fine. I had it all figured out.

Now this pain… I didn’t want this pain anymore… I didn’t want to cry anymore… But I heard as the sob escaped my shaky lips, my hand covering them and preventing any other sound from escaping as I felt the hot tears finally spill.

“Mia…” I heard a woman say, she was coming closer. She was holding a cigarette in her hands and as soon as she was close enough I realized who it was. Nicole.

She was the boy’s hair stylist and we had met a few times whenever I had tagged along with Ashton to work. We had definitely spent a lot of time together at the boy’s concert in LA.

“Mia is that you?” She asked again when I wouldn’t answer, her heels stepping over the bud she just discarded so she could walk closer and crouch in front of me.

“Yeah…” I said with a shaky sigh, my hands angrily wiping away the tears that wouldn’t stop flowing out of my eyes as I avoided her gaze.

“What are you…” She began phrasing the question and suddenly stopped, fixing her curls for a moment as she watched me. “I didn’t know you were coming tonight.”

“Neither did I… I don’t really want to be here but my friend…” I trailed off, biting my bottom lip and looking at her. The pity in her eyes made me want to be sick and I suddenly wanted to start running again.

“Does he…?” She murmured as she pulled out a tissue from her purse and offered it to me.

“No…” I said quickly. “No, I-I don’t want him to know I was here. It doesn’t matter anyway.” I added, swallowing yet another lump in my throat.

“Nicole, they’re looking for you inside.” A security guard said from the door, startling the two of us. She nodded in his direction before looking back at me.

“It was nice seeing you again, it’s been different since the last time you two were together.” She said before she stood up and began to walk away. “Also, Mia? Take it easy…” She added with a smile before she disappeared through the door.

(ASHTON)

“What a show!!!” Calum exclaimed as he walked down the stairs towards the backstage area. Ashton grabbed a towel from one of their assistant’s hands and wiped away from of the sweat still dripping from his hair.

“That crowd was insane.” Mikey added, bottle of water in hand and getting a thumbs up from Luke who was just behind him.

“Didn’t want that one to end, really best one.” He said as he headed over to his dressing room. He did this after every show; he needed time to wind down. If he didn’t, he ended up all night. And now days’, staying up to his thoughts alone was too much.

“Ashton, can we talk?” Nicole asked before he fully finished entering the dressing room. He pulled the towel around his neck and smiled at her.

“Sure, Nikki. What’s up?” He asked as he walked in with her behind him. He grabbed a bottle of water and saw her sitting down in the couch, studying him.

“I saw Mia today.” She said without hesitation, her eyes still intently watching him. He felt all of his muscles tense as he lowered the bottle of water and stared at her.

“You what?” He asked, his voice small as he searched her eyes for any chance this might be a joke. She had been here? She had come after all? Why hadn’t anyone told him?

“I saw her, about an hour ago…” She started. “She was outside… crying.”

“Crying? Why was she crying? Why didn’t you tell her to come back stage?” He demanded, his hand running through his hair in frustration. He saw as Michael walked over to the door and stopped.

“What’s going on?” He asked, looking between Nicole and Ashton.

“Mia was here. She was at the show.” Ashton said in frustration, letting out a shaky breath.

“I shouldn’t have told him but I thought he had to know…” Nicole said softly.

“Is she still here?” Mike asked.

“Who’s here?” Calum asked.

“Mia…” Ashton said as he sat down. “And no… She’s not.”

“She didn’t want to be here…” Nicole whispered softly. Nobody said anything after that. Ashton felt as slowly one by one they left the room. Leaving him alone. He could hear them murmuring just outside. And soon, they would come back to tell him that it was time to go.

Slowly, he pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts. His thumb stopped over her number, a lump forming in his throat as he looked at the picture of her eating frozen yogurt. She had been laughing, trying to make him put his phone away. Without a second thought he pressed call.

Ring…

Ring…

Ring…

Ring…

Hello, this is Mia! You know what to do! The answering machine spoke to him before the beeping sound came.

(I PROMISE I WILL UPDATE MORE OFTEN!!! Already have more things done so keep your eyes peeled! And please don't hate me! Remember to vote, comment and all those lovely things if you like it! <3)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 4.6K 71
In which a girl and famous bassist fall in love with each other on the internet - HIGHEST RANKING : #1 in Tweets
1.3K 40 41
Alex is a young girl suffering with emotional issues and the only person she's ever managed to be close to leaves her behind to follow his dreams. Wh...
31K 1K 61
When 20 year old Alyssa receives a letter telling her that she is Ashton Irwin's long lost twin sister, her life changes forever. As she meets the ba...
5.2K 227 49
*STILL WRITING AND EDITING* *REQUESTS ARE WELCOME* A collection of oneshots, imagines and preferences containing Calum, Michael, Ashton and Luke