Finding My Heart(Under Editin...

thatrandomgeekgirl tarafından

Have you ever had a crush on your best friend? Well Ada did. Well, she does. This could lead to issues. Espe... Daha Fazla

Introduction
Chapter 1 | The Park Incident
Chapter 2 | My First Heartbreak
Chapter 3 | The Morning After
Chapter 4 | Once In A Lifetime
Chapter 5 | The Note
Chapter 6 | Going Home
Chapter 7 | Back To School Bleh
Chapter 8 | The Afternoon
Chapter 9 | Day 2
Chapter 10 | Cross Country Meet
Chapter 11 | It's Felt Like Years
Chapter 12 | Spoopy Time
Chapter 13 | My First Kiss
Chapter 14 | Thanksgiving
Chapter 15 | Movies and Exams
Chapter 16 | He didn't mean to. Did he?
Chapter 17 | Don't Let Me Fall
Chapter 18 | Hey Nosey
Chapter 19 | Slow Down
Chapter 20 | Christmas
Chapter 21 | The Human Pilllow
Chapter 22 | A Big Fight
Chapter 23 | And He Fights
Chapter 24 | Tears Have Been Shed
Chapter 25 | Saddening News
Chapter 26 | Ruined
Chapter 27 | Tragedy
Chapter 28 | What Now?
Chapter 29 | Awoken
Chapter 30 | Rough Road
Chapter 31 | Snow
Chapter 32 | Oopsie
Chapter 33 | School
Chapter 34 | Punished
Chapter 36 | Great News!
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 35 | Broken

22 1 0
thatrandomgeekgirl tarafından

I woke up to the sight of Samantha and Jeremiah arguing. I made direct eye contact with Jeremiah before my eyes drifted to his hands. They were bloodied and looked swollen almost. I felt my throat get dry in shock. All I could do was stare in horror. I didn't even realize that I had covered my gaping mouth with my hand.

"Wha-wha-what did you do?" I asked, fresh tears forming. 

"Please, I can explain," he tried saying. I profusely nodded my head no.

"Explain what? Explain your bloody knuckles and bruised face? I already know," I said tautly, frowning. His mouth dropped open as if he was going to say more, but no words could be said.

Sam spoke out, taking a step closer to Jeremiah with her arms crossed across her stomach. "I think you should leave," she added, her eyes staring like daggers. He nodded "no" before walking over to the armchair, keeping his distance. He looked at me in the eyes, and I couldn't help but stare into his hazel ones. 

"You said it yourself, I didn't have any right to say what I did... but it doesn't stray away from the idea that you were in that situation, and that it was Braxton that put you in it," he replied with bitterness toward Braxton. I stared into his eyes to find them dull, blank of any emotion other than hatred. It scared me. All I wanted to feel and see was his warmth, his happiness. But I could tell he wasn't in the mindset to think that way. He was always the more assertive of the brothers. That is what I loved about them, they could be so different, but at the end of the day, they were brothers. And that feeling was missing within Jeremiah. I could tell. He was unhinged.

"I don't like seeing this side of you, Jer. How your acting... it-it isn't you! The Jeremiah that I fell in love with would never, and I mean never, resort to beating up some bad guy because they did something they shouldn't have. Your brother's condition has taken control of you it-it has-"

"Broken me. I know," he interrupts, his head laying low. "I'm broken. I can't be fixed. Not even someone as astounding and kind as you could fix this. I'm a lost cause." Sam looked at me and I sent her a taut nod. She walked into the other room.

"I don't wanna turn this into yesterday's conversation. I just want you to tell me what's going on. I don't like fighting with you, and I don't like seeing you so distraught. Just let me know why... why did you do it?" I looked at him with gentle eyes.

"I-I. I just... I don't want you to get hurt, Adi. I can't see another person that I love get hurt. You are the only thing I have to live for anymore. I don't know how long I'd be able to go if I don't have you by my side," he said, his voice breaking. He grabbed ahold of my left hand, squeezing it tightly. He got down on one knee and looked at me dead in the eyes, the black orbs in his hazel eyes widening. I found my breathing to be hitched after looking at him. My heart ached for him deeply. 

"I can't imagine how you're feeling right now," I said, tears beginning to fall down my cheeks. I began to sob, but not for my anger I felt only moments ago. That anger was gone. All I felt was deep sorrow. "I just want your pain to go away so I can get my Jeremiah back. My bubbly, goofy, sweet Jeremiah." My hands reached out to either side of his face, wiping the tears also going down his face. He moved closer to me, only staying inches apart. 

"I love you so much," he said, adding, "I'm going to become better for you." My heart pounded heavily; I felt overwhelmed with joy from what he said. My chest felt tight. I pulled him closer, reaching his chapped lips with my own. I didn't care. This kiss was stronger than any other kiss. It was like we had put all of our strength and emotions and directed it to this kiss. I pulled away reluctantly, my lips swollen and my breathing heavy.

"You don't even know what I'd do if you if I could, babe," he exclaimed, a devious expression plastered on his face. 

"Oh, shut up," I replied, pushing his shoulder. I ruffled his hair. "I love you, you dork." He kissed my jaw quickly and looked back at me.

"If only you knew how much I loved you," he replied. I wanted to kiss him again after he said that but stopped myself when Samantha entered the room again.

"Jer... we've got your back. Just know that. No matter what," Sam added, her anger gone as well.

"Oh, can we just hug already!?" I said excitedly. A smile burned across all of our faces. My best friends reached for a grand hug, nearly suffocating me.

"I'm so glad I have the two of you. I don't know what I would've done to him, or what dark path I would end up going down," Jeremiah added, kissing my cheek. We broke up the hug.

"Don't worry about that, you have us now." I studied his bruised face for a moment. "Let's get you cleaned up," I said with a tug on his sleeve.

"Let me go and get the stuff. I need a moment to think alone," he said, walking away. Samantha and I nodded in sync.

"You ready to watch the Avengers movies? We can watch all of them if you want," she said, rushing to sit next to me and smiling all giddy. 

"As much as I would love to watch all of those movies, I really can't stay up all night long. It's almost one-thirty am. But--we can watch an episode of a show," I said, a smile creeping up slowly. "Wait! Did we completely forget that we have school tomorrow?" I added, my anxiety instantly raising at the thought of going to school only on four hours of sleep.

"Come on, Ada. Live a little," Sam exclaimed, nudging my arm. "I'll sneak into my parents' house early in the morning and then make myself look sick. They'll let me stay at home, and then my absence will be excused. I'll just sneak back here and we can continue a Marvel movie marathon," she added with extra giddiness. I rolled my eyes and gave her a look of agreement which resulted in her squealing loudly.

"And, your mom is super lax. She'll let you stay home if you want to."

"True point." I sighed. "Oh, you. Always breaking me from my goody-two-shoes cycle." I reached around for a tightly knit hug which was granted in a heartbeat. Jeremiah reentered the living room with a bowl of water, a washcloth, and some wrapping bandages. I pat on the spot beside me, inviting him to sit next to me. I grabbed ahold of the cloth and dip it in water. I dabbed the damp cloth on the small cut near his eye, removing the dried blood. He hissed in pain and cringed after reaching contact with the cloth. I sympathetically glanced at him. As I cleaned his bloody knuckles, Samantha went to the kitchen and returned with a baggie of ice in hand. I wrapped his knuckles up as carefully and delicately as I could without bringing him excessive pain. I took the baggie and placed it on the cut on his face. We stared into each other's eyes for a moment before breaking contact and facing the TV.

Sam and I took cover under one of the blankets while Jer snagged a blanket out of the closet. Eventually, the three of us were just sitting on the couch in silence and darkness. The bright moon shone through the blinds of the nearby window. Everything felt normal. Sam had fallen asleep, her head on my shoulder, and Jer rested his head on my lap, asleep. His heat radiated off of him, keeping me warm. I caressed his face near the temple of his head, my hand leading into his thick hair. 

"Just know that we'll get through this, babe," I whispered, hoping that my words would somehow make it into his dreams. I kissed my hand and then rested it on his temple softly. 

"Everything is gonna be okay." 

---

I woke up to pain shooting through my spine all the way into the base of my head. I groaned in discomfort, rubbing my neck the best I could. I couldn't believe that I fell asleep sitting up. I must've been extremely exhausted. I recognized a  familiar tune that could be heard playing in the background. I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

 "Don't worry 'bout a thing, 'cause every little thing gonna be all right."

I turned my stiff neck toward the kitchen where the sound of sizzling bacon could be heard. The smell of bacon enveloped my senses. I inhaled deeply at the scent. A goofy smile spread across my face when I saw Jeremiah shirtless in my mom's pink cooking apron with his sweats hanging low on his waist, dancing, and singing along to the song. I wished that I was able to just walk over to him and hug him from behind and scare him. I transferred myself to the wheelchair that stood beside the couch, slightly struggling. I began to roll over to him, taking a breath mint from the side table on the way. 

I placed a cold hand against the middle of his back, resulting in him jerking slightly. 

"Dang! Your hands are cold, babe," he said without turning around. He placed the pan on the countertop before turning around and bending down toward me. "Give me those," he added, nodding to my hands. I pressed my palms against each other and rose my hands toward his. He took me by surprise when he started kissing all over my hands and fingers. I began to giggle, my face turning to red as quickly as a chameleon changes colors.

"Alright, stop!" I smacked his stomach through the apron, his slender, and sculpted torso being felt through the material. "Come closer," I mumbled before giving him a deep kiss. He put his hand on the side of my neck, his other hand clamped around my waist, pulling slightly at the material. Just as I was reaching my hand into his hair, he pulled away at a sudden speed and looked up to the door. My mom was back from her night shift and very surprised to see the two of us. Especially with one of us shirtless, and the two of us being alone. 

"Where is Samantha?" I whispered, only just now noticing her absence. Jeremiah shoots up, his posture instantly straightening. 

"Hi... uh, Kim. I can explain!" He smiled sheepishly. My heart rate was speedily increasing, my face turning red as well. I took a deep breath in and out to compose myself before spinning around. 

"That is it! I cannot trust the two of you alone. From now on, Jeremiah and Ada, either I or Johnathan have to be here when both of you are together," she exclaimed harshly, looking at me with a sharp stare. Before I managed to even get a peep, my mom continued. "Go to your--well that wouldn't work. Jeremiah, join Johnathan outside," she demanded, adding, "and you stay where you are." She pointed at me with a sharp stare. Why was my dad here?

Jeremiah walks toward the exit, his head hanging low and a hand on the back of his neck. She turned on her heel before exiting the house. I followed silently, placing my ear against the door. 

"Now, Jeremiah. Son." I could hear my dad shift his weight with the creak of the porch. "All men, as you know, have their tendencies and temptations. Lust. It is a natural part of every man. But from a man of God to another man of God--" I cringed and backed away, not wanting to hear any more of my dad giving my boyfriend the birds and the bees talk. After five long, torturous minutes of waiting, my mom and dad reenter, Jeremiah now out of sight. 

"You're grounded," they said in unison, my mom holding the now balled up apron in her hand. I groaned.

Okie Dokie, guys! That is the end of this long-awaited part. At least I hope it was long-awaited. That being said, I've decided that there will only be one part left and an epilogue, opposed to how I initially stated there would be more. Sorry! I just thought it would flow better if I ended it sooner.

Anyway... THAT MEANS THE BOOK IS ALMOST COMPLETED. I mean, ahem, it is almost completed! Thank you so much for the journey so far with my writing! Especially since this was the first book I ever wrote on here. If you are interested in more of my writing, be sure to check out my profile where I have another two books! That is all!! The next part will be posted within the next two weeks! Byeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

70K 10.7K 35
*Nigerian Themed Novel* FRIENDSHIP.ENVY.BETRAYAL.LOVE.LUST AND OBSESSION. Six screaming words in this drama filled story. Having met in the universit...
98K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
1.1K 61 20
Have you ever liked some guy that is popular, attractive and yet annoying, rude, mean at the same time? I'm sure nearly every girl has. Mikasa your...
193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...