Blades & Blood

By UnicornOfFandomzzz

You don't mess with the Kings, you especially don't mess with their queens... or rather... queen More

Cast List
Prologue:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 6

315 19 8
By UnicornOfFandomzzz

Laurel's hangover felt deadly but not as deadly as Sara and Veronica's grip as they pulled her to their dad's hospital room. "Dad?" Sara asked as they walked into his room.

Quentin was already sitting up, putting on a jacket. "Sara? Laur? Ronica?"

"Dad!" Veronica jumped over, hugging her father. "God, we were so worried"

"I'm fine, I'm always fine" Quentin hugged his daughters, he hadn't hugged them for months, so he was happy to have them together. 

"Quentin, thank god you're awake" Malcolm and Slade walked in with Dr. Frost.

The Lance sisters stood up, allowing their father to talk with his boss. "How are you?" Slade asked.

"I feel great" Quentin nodded, "When do you need me on the field again?"

"Dad, you just woke up from a 3-day coma after taking a bullet to the ribs, you need at least a weeks rest," Veronica said.

"I'm fine, Ronica," Quentin said, "Dr. Frost?"

"The bullet wound is healing, but I would suggest a days rest, maybe 2," Frost said, "But don't give him anything that'll open the wound" 

"We promise, Doctor" Slade nodded. 

"Come on, your new apartment is ready," Malcolm said. The Lance sisters looked at each other as Quentin motioned them to follow.

They walked up the halls, a bunch of people greeted them, well, mostly Quentin. They made it to a stairwell, greeted by Oliver and his new wife Kara. "Quentin" Oliver greeted, "You're finally awake"

"Oliver, Mrs. Queen" Quentin greeted, "I'm sorry I missed your wedding, I heard it was fun"

"Don't worry, we're just happy you're alive" Kara smiled, "You going to check out your new apartment?"

"Indeed" Quentin smiled. 

"Hey, I'm going to go shopping tonight with Thea, just some last minute stuff before we leave for the honeymoon" Kara began, "You ladies should join us"

"Shopping? Hell yes," Veronica said.

"I'll come and get you guys before we leave" Kara smiled.

Slade and Malcolm brought them up a level before arriving at elevators. They piled in, Laurel somehow ended up standing between Slade and Malcolm, "Level 20"

Laurel began to wonder how the Hall had 20 levels, but as they began going up, she realized they technically weren't in the Hall anymore. The glass elevator allowed them to watch as they went up, they could see the entire city. 

"Woah" Laurel whispered. Malcolm smirked.

They arrived on the 20th floor and stepped out, there were only 2 doors, but one was closed off with tape. That's not suspicious. Slade unlocked the other door and opened it, the Lances stepped into a newly furnished apartment.

"Woah," Sara said, looking around.

"Everythings set up, we expect for you to come down tomorrow, we may need you on the field sooner," Slade said.

"Of course," Quentin said. 

Slade and Malcolm were about to leave, but they quickly pulled Laurel over. "After you get back from shopping with Kara, we want to talk with you. Stop by our office" Malcolm said.

"Yeah" Laurel took a small gulp. The two mob bosses left, and Laurel lost herself in wondering what was happening.

"Laurel" Veronica grabbed her attention. "Come on, Dad wants to talk to us"

The three sisters sat with their father, who was preparing himself. "What is it, dad?" Sara asked.

"I have to go back onto the field," He said, "But this next mission, I need you to three to stay here with the Merlyns"

"What? Why?" Veronica asked.

"This mission, it's going to be dangerous," He said, "If I get caught, they will go after you and they won't show mercy"

"Than why are you doing it?" Laurel asked.

"I am the only one trained enough to do it" Quentin sighed.

"You want us to stay here? for how long?" Sara asked.

"As long as I am on this mission" Quentin stated, "You guys would have bodyguards and Malcolm and Slade well take care of you"

"How long do you expect to be gone?" Sara asked.

"Somewhere between 5 months to a year" The elder Lance sighed. 

"A year!?" Veronica asked, "Oh my god"

"Dad, that's insane," Laurel said.

"Please, just... Think it over at the mall, I want you to be safe" 

~

Laurel was browsing through the clothes on hangers, her sisters and Kara chatting with each other as Thea tried on outfits. "He use to try and make pasta for us on late nights, it always turned out..."

"Soggy? Yea, it still sort of turns out like that now" Kara laughed. 

"What do you think?" Thea stepped out in a red dress.

"Amazing" Veronica smiled, "But the wedding is already over"

"I know, this is for a date" Thea smiled.

"With one John Diggle's right hand?" Kara smirked.

"Roy Harper?" Sara asked, "He didn't seem like your type"

"Barry Allen didn't seem like your type" Thea smirked, "Word travels fast in the Hall, Sara"

"You slept with one of my sisters top scientist and fastest driver?" Kara asked.

"Maybe" Sara crossed her arms. 

"Laurel, what do you think?" Laurel turned to see Thea showing off her dress.

"It looks great" Laurel smiled.

"How have you been?" Kara asked, "You seem distracted"

"Slade and Malcolm want to talk to me when I get back" Laurel sighed, sitting with everyone.

"Is this about what Alex said to you?" Sara asked.

"What did my sister say to you?" Kara asked.

"She said Slade and Malcolm was planning something for me, not dangerous, but something," Laurel said, "That doesn't help me stop worrying though"

"Well, good luck, my dad is unpredictable" Thea shook her head.

Yeah... real helpful Thea...

~

Laurel sat, very confused about what Slade and Malcolm were saying. "Are you alright?" Malcolm asked.

"When Thea said you were unpredictable, she was sugarcoating it" She stood up. "How can you even ask me that? You both know my feelings about being even somewhat connected to a mob, let alone becoming a Queen of a mob"

"You were born into this line of business, there's no way out, even if your father dies," Slade said, "Might as well have a rank while you're here"

"You want me to answer you now?" Laurel asked.

"Not now, you can wait until your father leaves for his mission," Malcolm says, pulling out a necklace box, "We'll get your answer whether or not you  wear this necklace"

Laurel wearily took the box and sighed. "I should go see my father and sisters" She began to leave.

The mob sure has changed...

~

Quentin and Rene were leaving for their mission late at night, Slade and Malcolm wanted to make them leaving as discreet as possible. "So, are you girls going to stay?" Quentin asked. "I want you to be safe"

"We'll stay dad" Veronica sighed.

"Good" Quentin smiled, "Stay safe, I love you three"

"We love you too dad" Sara whispered, they hugged their father.

Rene and Quentin made their way to an SUV, Slade and Malcolm simply nodding as the car drove away.

The Lance sisters, who tried to leave so long ago, were once again stuck within the grasp of the Merlyn Mob...

________________________

Written By: EmpressOfFandomzzz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.1K 1.9K 11
"Don't fuck with Valentina Changretta."
4.2K 140 134
Second randomness book people! More stuff and all that. I don't own anything except my OC's. (Arrow owns her OC's so NO STEAL.)
91.4K 1.6K 38
"you don't mess with someone's feelings like that colby"was
304K 6.8K 23
"So, no matter what you need me for, no matter who or what you're facing, I will not let you down." ~ Oliver Queen, "One Call Away" Three months afte...