Chapter 6

Laurel's hangover felt deadly but not as deadly as Sara and Veronica's grip as they pulled her to their dad's hospital room. "Dad?" Sara asked as they walked into his room.

Quentin was already sitting up, putting on a jacket. "Sara? Laur? Ronica?"

"Dad!" Veronica jumped over, hugging her father. "God, we were so worried"

"I'm fine, I'm always fine" Quentin hugged his daughters, he hadn't hugged them for months, so he was happy to have them together. 

"Quentin, thank god you're awake" Malcolm and Slade walked in with Dr. Frost.

The Lance sisters stood up, allowing their father to talk with his boss. "How are you?" Slade asked.

"I feel great" Quentin nodded, "When do you need me on the field again?"

"Dad, you just woke up from a 3-day coma after taking a bullet to the ribs, you need at least a weeks rest," Veronica said.

"I'm fine, Ronica," Quentin said, "Dr. Frost?"

"The bullet wound is healing, but I would suggest a days rest, maybe 2," Frost said, "But don't give him anything that'll open the wound" 

"We promise, Doctor" Slade nodded. 

"Come on, your new apartment is ready," Malcolm said. The Lance sisters looked at each other as Quentin motioned them to follow.

They walked up the halls, a bunch of people greeted them, well, mostly Quentin. They made it to a stairwell, greeted by Oliver and his new wife Kara. "Quentin" Oliver greeted, "You're finally awake"

"Oliver, Mrs. Queen" Quentin greeted, "I'm sorry I missed your wedding, I heard it was fun"

"Don't worry, we're just happy you're alive" Kara smiled, "You going to check out your new apartment?"

"Indeed" Quentin smiled. 

"Hey, I'm going to go shopping tonight with Thea, just some last minute stuff before we leave for the honeymoon" Kara began, "You ladies should join us"

"Shopping? Hell yes," Veronica said.

"I'll come and get you guys before we leave" Kara smiled.

Slade and Malcolm brought them up a level before arriving at elevators. They piled in, Laurel somehow ended up standing between Slade and Malcolm, "Level 20"

Laurel began to wonder how the Hall had 20 levels, but as they began going up, she realized they technically weren't in the Hall anymore. The glass elevator allowed them to watch as they went up, they could see the entire city. 

"Woah" Laurel whispered. Malcolm smirked.

They arrived on the 20th floor and stepped out, there were only 2 doors, but one was closed off with tape. That's not suspicious. Slade unlocked the other door and opened it, the Lances stepped into a newly furnished apartment.

"Woah," Sara said, looking around.

"Everythings set up, we expect for you to come down tomorrow, we may need you on the field sooner," Slade said.

"Of course," Quentin said. 

Slade and Malcolm were about to leave, but they quickly pulled Laurel over. "After you get back from shopping with Kara, we want to talk with you. Stop by our office" Malcolm said.

"Yeah" Laurel took a small gulp. The two mob bosses left, and Laurel lost herself in wondering what was happening.

"Laurel" Veronica grabbed her attention. "Come on, Dad wants to talk to us"