Chapter 10

Thea sat watching TV with Sara and Barry, Veronica hadn't left her room, and Laurel was making lunch. "How does your shoulder feel?" Sara asked.

"It hurts a little, but it feels fine" Thea sighed, "The only thing that hurts is my heart"

"You know Roy is still in the Hall right?" Barry asked.

"Wait! What!?" Thea was ready to jump up and run out, but Laurel stopped her, she handed out the sandwiches and sat down. 

"You can't go down there now," Laurel said, "Just wait for a while, He'll be here later" 

"Fine" Thea sighed.

~

The 4 spent half the day watching TV and playing various card games, and the occasional messenger came into to update Laurel on what was happening. Than Slade came. "What's wrong?" Laurel stepped up to him.

"Malcolm left with Roy," He said, "He brought some backup, but I fear he is going to get hurt"

"Can't you go after him?" Laurel asked.

"He's put orders up, orders not even I can go against" He sighs. 

"A Queen rules while her King is away" Laurel can't help but smirk.

"You have enough power to recruit a small team and send them out to follow them, but even if so, but not everyone is willing to listen to you yet," Slade said.

"Thea, Barry, Sara, come on," Laurel said.

"Awe, I was winning!" Thea huffed, dropping her cards.

"We're going to play a much bigger game," Laurel said. Everyone followed her to the elevator. "Barry, you're the fastest driver for the Danvers, I'll need to be behind the wheel"

"Of course," Barry said.

"Thea, find as many men willing to go after your father" Laurel stated.

"'Go after'? Where did my dad go?" Thea asked.

"He said he found a bar that the Darhks own," Slade explained.

They arrived in the Hall and the moment Slade and Laurel stepped out, everyone jumped out of their way. Sara and Thea went to find men to recruit and Barry went to grab the guns and other necessary weapons. Slade and Laurel arrived at Malcolm's office.

"Do you know where the bar is?" Laurel asked.

"He marked it on the map," Slade said, pulling out the map. "It's going directly into Darhk territory"

"Running headfirst into danger" Laurel sighed.

"We'll bring him back" 

~

Laurel, Sara, Thea, and Veronica sat in Malcolm's office, waiting for the cavalry to come back. "How long have they been gone?" Sara asked.

"2 hours" Laurel sighed. "They should be back soon"

"You're really taking onto being Queen," Sara said. 

"Yes, well, there's a reason they chose me," Laurel said.

"They're back!" Someone shouted from the hall. Everyone rushed out, seeing the group Laurel sent out returned. Slade, Barry, Roy, Alex, and Oliver carrying a wounded Malcolm. 

"Oh my god," Thea gasped. "What happened!?"

"We arrived just in time, Malcolm shot at Darhk's son-in-law and started a gunfight. He was shot twice, one went through, but the other is still in him" Barry explained as they put Malcolm in the medical room. Both Veronica and Frost began tending to him.

"I didn't know what we were doing, he just said we were going to do some recon, the next thing I knew we were at a standoff with the Darhks" Roy explained.

"He was blinded by rage" Slade sighed.

"A fathers rage is the strongest Rage a man can have"

~

Malcolm was patched up, the bullet was out, and everyone was just waiting for him to wake up. "You made a good call sending men after him," Alex said, "I'm glad Slade and Malcolm chose you"

"Thank you" Laurel sighed. She and Slade hadn't left Malcolm's room, making sure to take turns resting. 

"That hurt like a bitch" Malcolm groaned. Everyone jumped up.

"Yea, a bullet wound can do that" Slade shook his head.

"How are you feeling?" Laurel asked.

"I feel fine, my ego might be bruised though," Malcolm said, "I was blinded with rage"

"Clearly" Laurel sighed.

"You had my men go against my orders" Malcolm started.

"If I didn't Tommy would be King right now," Laurel said, "Plus, you should know, us Lances don't like to listen a lot"

"Stubborn woman we chose" Slade shook his head. 

"I guess that's why we chose her" 

Everyone was right... Laurel Lance would make a strong Queen...

_______________

Written by: EmpressOfFandomzzz