Chapter 39

Laurel had decided to help Veronica and Sara with their wedding plans, which was the biggest mistake of her life. "You can't have 2 receptions!" Laurel exclaimed.

"Why not?" Veronica asked.

"You guess," Laurel said sarcastically.

Veronica rolled her eyes, "fine."

"Laurel? Hi, can you help me?" Sara asked from the other side of the room.

"Nope. I'm out. You two help each other. I'm gonna go find my husbands and murder them for convincing me to help you two. I knew it was a bad idea," Laurel muttered walking off.

"Okay, will you come back when you're done?" Sara asked.

"No, did you listen to a word I just said?" Laurel asked.

"No, I did not," Sara said not looking up from her binder.

~

Laurel walked into her bedroom and saw Slade, "I hate you."

"Any particular reason?" Slade asked.

"How did you convince me it would be a good idea to help my sisters with their weddings?" Laurel asked.

"You like your sisters," Slade said.

"Yeah, a little bit, but not when they're planning their weddings. Women are crazy when they plan their weddings, and I swear if you nod I will throw something," Laurel said.

"No you won't," Slade said.

"No, you're right I won't," Laurel sighed, smiling. "I'm not helping them again. Mom can handle that shit."

"Why would you do that to your mother?" Malcolm came in the room, coming up behind Laurel, putting his arms around her, resting his hands on her stomach.

"You're right. How about Thea?" Laurel said.

"As long as you don't tell her I had anything to do with it," Malcolm said.

"I would never," Laurel said.

Malcolm smiled. "One of the babies kicked my hand."

"Yeah, they can hear your voice," Laurel said.

"I don't think we've talked about baby names, have we?" Slade said.

"No, we haven't. Well, I've always liked the name Evelyn for a girl," Laurel said.

Slade nodded, "good name."

Laurel smiled and said, "what about you Malcolm? Do you like it?"

Malcolm nodded and said, "Now what about a boys name?"

"Um, maybe-" Laurel started before Malcolm interrupted.

"Hold on, Slade, we have to go," Malcolm said, looking at his phone.

"Is that a flip phone?" Laurel said.

"Yes," Malcolm said, showing Slade his phone.

Slade nodded and got up. They both kissed Laurel and headed out.

"Yeah. Leave me here. I won't be bored," Laurel muttered after they left.

~

Malcolm and Slade had been called away because one of their warehouses had been hit by Darhk.

"How did this happen!" Malcolm said. He was pissed. "They shouldn't have even known about that warehouse!"

"You have betrayers, isn't it obvious?" Sam said from where she was sitting.

"Get your feet off the table," Slade said.

"No," Sam said.

Slade rolled his eyes and got back to the problem at hand, "We need to strike back."

"Last time we tried to strike back, Malcolm's dumb ass got shot," Alex said.

"So did you!" Malcolm said.

"Trying to protect you," Alex pointed out.

"Well, I didn't know that," Malcolm muttered. "And anyway, we have more men now, it shouldn't be a problem."

"Where exactly are we hitting? Not their base again," Sam said.

"No, one of their warehouses in the city. This one," Malcolm pointed to the warehouse on the map they had. "It's important enough to piss them off."

"Okay, when do leave?" Alex asked.

"Tonight. Prepare your men," Malcolm said as everyone started dispersing.

~

"Of course she's asleep," Slade said. They hadn't had time to check in with Laurel while they were preparing their men.

"What? No, I'm not. I'm pretending to be asleep so Veronica and Sara won't bother me," Laurel sat up.

Malcolm was laughing a bit, "Ow! Don't step on me Slade!"

"Your laugh is annoying," Slade shrugged.

"Stop it you two," Laurel frowned at them. "Why did you leave in the middle of a conversation?"

"Darhk hit one of our warehouses in the city. So we're gonna hit him back. And you're going to stay here with Thea," Malcolm said.

"What? Why are you torturing me?" Laurel asked.

"We're not. But I doubt you want to stay with Veronica or Sara," Slade said.

"You're right, I don't. Fine. But if you two die before I have these babies, I'm gonna kill you," Laurel said. "And Malcolm I can see you about to say something, yes I realize the logic in that."

"Okay, I was just wondering," Malcolm shrugged.

Laurel rolled her eyes, before saying, "So you're leaving now?"

"Yeah," Malcolm nodded.

"Don't die," Laurel said.

"We wouldn't dare," Slade said. 

"Of course not," Malcolm said.

"Good. I love you two," Laurel kissed both of them.

"We love you too."