Chapter 35

"I have grown up within the mob, I have seen what can happen to marriages in the mob," Laurel said, "I want to go into this marriage as your equal, not your Queen, not one of your men's daughters, an equal. I don't care if this marriage threatens my life, the only lives I care about are the babies, my sisters, my parents, my future step-kids, and yours. Also, I intend for this to be my only marriage" 

"We get that you don't care about what'll happen to you, but we care," Malcolm said, "We know how most marriages end, two of my wives up and left, his wife up and left, we have seen it all, which is why we want to protect you and our kids"

"I get that, but I am not Moira or Malory," Laurel said, "Once I am committed, I will stay committed" 

"We know that, but there are still things that can take you away from us, terrible demons in the closet, monsters under the bed, we can't afford to lose you as well," Slade said.

"You'll never lose me, cause Lances... Well, we don't go easy" Laurel took both their hands, "I know you will protect me, but I don't always need protection, there are things I can do on my own, and there are going to be things I need to do on my own"

"Alright, but when it's not something you have to do alone, guards" Slade stated. 

"But not every minute of every day, that would drive me insane" Laurel stated. 

"Deal," Malcolm said.

"Okay," Slade sighed, "Does anyone actually know how this fight really started?"

"Nope"

"No idea"

"Terrific" Slade nodded, "We should get some rest, we're getting married in a week"

"These children are hurting my back," Laurel said as she laid back down. 

"Not the only thing going to be hurting"

~

The wedding day. Whilst the other weddings had been pretty extravagant, this was a wedding for Kings and Queen. "Breath woman, breath" Laurel said.

Dinah was crying... again. "I'm sorry, this is just so..." Dinah teared up again.

"Okay, we're going to go grab her some water," Veronica said, "Come on Mom before you set off the pregnant women"

"Hey" Sara turned Laurel around to start doing her hair. "How are feeling?"

"A little nervous" Laurel sighed, "But excited"

"My baby girl is getting married" Quentin smiled at his daughter. 

"Dad" Laurel smiled. 

"I'm so proud of you, Laurel," Quentin said, "I actually never thought I'd make it to this day"

"Awe, dad" Laurel said. She took his hand.

"Okay, I might cry now," Sara said, looking up. 

"Laurel, do you know where your grooms are?" Alex asked, her and Barry peeking her head in.

"Chances are, their office," Laurel said.

"Alright, I'll be back in a bit" They rushed out.

"Anyone else find that suspicious?" Sara asked, looking around to the ladies. No one said a word. "Only me? Cool"

"Okay, the dress is ready," Carmia said, pulling the dress out of the dress bag.

"Oh, It still unreal," Laurel said, turning to it. 

"Okay, let's get you in it," Carmia said.

~

Alex came back smiling a little, "Hey, I thought you said you weren't doing business today" Caitlin went up to her.