Chapter 31

The morning following the return of Quentin was exciting, whilst most people were working off hangovers and sore feet, the Lance ladies spent every minute they could with Quentin. Malcolm had set up a brunch for them by the pool, and Slade and Malcolm joined them.

"You shot Damien Darhk?" Quentin asked, taken back by the news.

"He had a gun aimed at my head, what else was I gonna do?" Laurel shrugged.

"That's my girl" Quentin chuckled, "Wait, were you pregnant at the time?"

"Chances are, yes" Laurel nodded.

"She has become a badass Queen," Sara said, "You should hear her pep talks" 

"The only person she can't motivate is herself," Slade said.

"Hey!" Laurel wacked his arm, "I'm carrying your child in case you forgot"

"Part of the reason you aren't motivated" Slade chuckled.

"Pregnancy sucks" Laurel sighed.

"You'll want to be pregnant forever once you go into labour," Dinah said.

"Oh god, one step at a time please" Laurel shook her head.

"So, since I know all about how Laurel's adapted to being back in the mob, how about you girls?" Quentin looked at his younger girls, Sara and Veronica froze.

"Veronica's engaged," Sara said, mouth half full.

"You bitch!" Veronica mumbled. "It just happened last night, Dad"

"Oh," Quentin said, "Who is this lucky guy?"

"Tommy Merlyn," Veronica said.

"Okay" Quentin sighed, "Gonna have to talk to him later"

"Dad, please don't kill him" Veronica begged.

"I won't," Quentin said as he sipped his coffee.

"That does not assure me at all," Veronica said, she took her mimosa and drank it, "Oh, by the way, Sara's been sleeping a driver from the Danvers Mob for the past 3 months"

"You bitch!" Sara exclaimed, tackling Veronica out of her chair.

"Oh god, not again" Laurel sighed, putting her fork down. 

"Let them fight" Dinah waved it off. 

"Who is this driver Veronica mentioned?" Quentin asked.

"Barry Allen, he's a nice guy, been treating her right," Laurel said, "They met before we came back, but they didn't start hanging out until we got back into the mob"

"In fact there he is," Dinah said, Barry had been coming back from working on the cars with the other drivers. Malcolm waved him over and he came over hesitantly. 

Sara and Veronica immediately stopped fighting, Sara hopped back into her seat and straightened herself out. "Hey, Barr," She said.

"Hi," Barry said cautiously.

"Your Barry Allen?" Quentin asked. 

"Yes, sir" Barry nodded.

"Let's take a walk" Quentin stood up. The Lance ladies looked at each other with fear in their eyes.

"Dad" Sara tried to stop them, but Quentin simple gave her a look and she retreated. "Poor Barry"

"We should get to work," Malcolm told Laurel, "You going to be okay?'

"Yea, I'll probably spend the day with my dad," Laurel said.

"Okay, see you later, Love" Slade kissed Laurel, Malcolm kissed her right after.