Perfect Without Scars .{major...

By Estyshawl

Back in this day and age, royalty no longer wedded royalty, simply because everyone now wanted to marry for l... More

prologue ♣ she's up for sale
chapter one ♣ preparations are in order
chapter two ♣ Day's finally come
chapter three ♣ life after death
chapter four ♣ A wedding to hold
chapter five ♣ The first realm
chapter six ♣ An imposter's luck!
chapter seven ♣ Long live a king!
chapter eight ♣ In a new body
chapter nine ♣ Falling for the imposter
chapter ten ♣ And she's so much better
Author's Note
chapter eleven ♣ A king has fallen
chapter twelve ♣ Falling for a king!
chapter thirteen ♣ Battle to be fought
chapter fourteen ♣ I'm pregnant
chapter fifteen ♣ war to be won
chapter sixteen ♣ Truths are made known
chapter seventeen ♣ He's dying...
chapter eighteen ♣ The birth of an unlikely queen
chapter nineteen ♣ still in the past
chapter twenty ♣ coming back to the real world
chapter twenty one ♣ Deaths, lives and truths to be faced
AUTHOR'S NOTE ♣ The beginning of the End
Epilogue ♣ Everything always works out at the end of the day
Bonue chapter I ♣ Tell a story

Bonus chapter II ♣ End a story

168 9 0
By Estyshawl

hint! Not really a story. I mean, it's a story but not really a story. Lol. alright let me explain myself. I wrote two quick and really short novellas that in no way relates to this novel. But I've decided to drop it here, in this bonus chapter, in this book because the other two novellas are all from the same setting of Nigeria, Africa. Please keep on reading and tell me what you think about the novellas. You just might like it.
__________

SYNDROME OF THE ELDEST CHILD (SIBLINGS RIVALRY). STORY BY ESTHER CHUKWUDUMEBI DIBIE. (ESTYSHAWL) .........

Chapter one
Oh lord not again Vivian thought in a panic as she hurriedly grabbed her purse, her bag and her phone and walked swiftly out of her office wearing her shoes on the way out. walking out of her office, her receptionist just outside didn't bother asking her any questions. Thank God. It payed a lot to have a receptionist as skillful and elegant as Maggie.

Few minutes later, she got to her house. Usman her gateman opened the door for her, greeted her, she didn't bother answering. She'd have to apologize for the rudeness later and she quickly ran to her house. Her house was in utter disarray. She was shocked and stood transfixed as to what she walked into. Her younger sister Vera fucking her fiance like dogs in heat.

She couldn't scream. Couldn't laugh or cry... Just stood. Transfixed. And then slowly, she could feel it. The anger bubbling inside her and then she screamed.

"What's this?!"

They stopped  and both  turned back. Nelson her fiance immediately blurts out "I can explain. Viv please its all a mistake. A huge confusion. I mean, let me explain!"

Her sister sat there smiling, with  her infamous I-really-don't-give-a-fuck look.

"Why?" At that moment, the only question  she could ask. With tears pooling in  her eyes.

Taking her eyes away from them for a minute, she walked into her house, fully taking into cognizance the way the expensively furnished bungalow was in utter disarray.

Turning back to them, her face a mask of hardened features, she said "You've got exactly five minutes to pack  your shit and both get out of my house and my life forever."

Vera stood up in all her naked glory smirking. " you can't tell me to walk away from your life. I'm your sister. Your baby sister"

"You know what bitch? Fuck you! No... Wait. Fuck you again! Who the fuck do you think you are? "

"And just who gave you the right to talk to me like that? That I'm your baby sister does not mean that I'm trash that you can just walk over. I'm tired of you having everything. The money, the good job, ha! Even the right guy. You're a sick selfish asshole. You can't ever share anything including the guy you claim to be yours. Well, guess what elder sister? He's mine now" Vera says as she starts dressing up

" and you say you're not trash? Well, you actually aren't just any trash are you vera? Oh no. You're my trash. My scum. In essence, my bitch. The only thing you'll ever get is my leftovers you slut. So when I say get out of my house, I mean every fucking word of it!"

"My pleasure" vera says snidely

"Oh no bitch. The pleasure's all mine."

" um Vivian... " Nelson tries to speak up

" no sweetie hold it. I neither talk to trash nor someone else's bitch. Now get the fuck out of my house" and with that, she walked into her room not looking back to see if they left or not but after a while, she heard the door bang.

Good riddnace to bad rubbish she thought as she poured herself a drink front the fridge in her room.

She mentally reminded herself to increase Usman's pay. He was the one who had called her to inform her that her sister and her fiance had entered her house and were raking the whole place up.

She'd had it with vera. The girl was so jealous and had so much anger in her that it sometimes baffled her. Right from time, she'd always had this insane desire to possess every and anything... especially what was never meant to be hers. And like the fool she was, she always forgave her because like they said, blood is thicker than water but this was getting just too much.

Their parents had an accident at a very early age and had died on the spot. Vera was a lot younger than she was and because of that, the trauma had had more effect on vera. For years vera had been traumatized by the incident. Became a recluse, sometimes not touching or eating the whole day, she was basically an outcast. She became very bad academically when she used to be a bright student, had nightmares for months. Finally after a few years, she  broke away from her shell and her grief. But it had given birth to a different type of vera that would make anyone's blood chill. She had never been good academically ever again. Had never done anything meaningful with her life ever again.  They had been raised by very nice and prayerful adoptive parents but no matter how hard they'd tried, they'd just never really gotten through to vera, Just thought they did. And now that she was an adult, absolutely no one could get through to her or for that matter, tell her what to do.        

                   CHAPTER TWO
The next day, Vivian walked into her publishing office, wearing blue gown on yellow blazers, constantly checking her watch because she slept very little.

"Good morning ma" the receptionist greeted her but she didn't bother taking note or answering for that matter. She was practically sleep-waking.

She suddenly stops beside the receptionist desk and blurts out "Maggie I'd increase your pay right now and right here if you could bring a cup of coffee to my office every one hour from now till we close by 6pm. 25% increament"

"Ah! I'm grateful ma but you don't have to do that. I'm the receptionist remember? I'd willingly do anything you ask of me"

"Oh well, whatever it is, just keep that cup of coffee coming along. Starting with one right now. Thanks a lot!"

Vivian entered her office and sat down. Already feeling the signs of a headache and the beginning of a major hangover. Her hands instinctively went to her head, tiringly, rubbing it in a soothing manner, to at least help ease the pain. She could already feel how disastrous today was going to be. She'd drunk herself to stupor last night and cried till she slept off by 4 am and now she was fully dressed and prepared in the office by 6am. She'd slept for only one hour.

Just then her phone rings. Her younger brother was calling her. A year younger than vera.

"Hell Jude? Good morning. How was your night?"

"Hello Sis. Please don't be mad or angry with me but please can you come to the police station? Odaro police station? Um.... I've got just one call so please can you come right now?"

"One call? What do you mean? What are you talking about? You're in jail? How come? Wait. Hold on. I'm coming"

And with the headache temporarily forgotten, she immediately grabbed her keys, and bag and rushed out of the office. The whole situation looking like deja vu to her. Wasn't there a break from being senior sister where the younger ones all ran to for comfort but when times where good deserted her? Just yesterday's she was hurrying out of the office the same way, because of Vera. Now, it was Jude. This was getting very tiring even for a workhaolic like her.

She got there in record time and rushed inside the prison. Saw some deputies by the counter.
"Good morning sirs. Please I'm here to bail someone"

"Madam who do you think you are? You think you can just walk in here and bail somebody? Do you know what kind of prison this is?" The police addressing her suddenly flares up.

To avoid any problems she put on her most contrite face because  it was a standing fact that one should not try to reason with Nigerian police.

"Please sir. I didn't know. I'm very sorry. Please he just called me. His name is Jude maxwell. Please sir exactly what is he here for?"

"Robbery" the police says smirking

Nothing could have prepared her for that. "What!? Robbery? I think they made a mistake sir..."

The policeman rudely interrupts her. What? So you now think we're fools right? You think you're so big, you can tell a policeman they made a mistake and get away with it?"

"No sir. Please I'm sorry sir. I probably spoke out of turn."

That's better" he said nodding his head

Vivian stared thoroughly at the potbellied old man probably in his fifties and had to restrain herself to not insult him because her brother was involved.

"Please sir. I want to apply for bail. How much is it?"

"Seven"

"Ohh. Seven thousand? " she immediately counted the money from her purse and stretched it out to him. "Here sir"

"My friend you must be very stupid! Is that what your father makes in a month as salary? You must be seriously mad. Madame please if you're not ready to pay leave my queue let someone else that's ready to pay come"

Vivian was confused. Did she use left hand? No. She used her right hand. So what was wrong?

"Miss whoever you call yourself. It's seven hundred thousand that's the bail not seven thousand"

"What!? Why so high,"

"For maintenance now. So that the cells are very comfortable for the inmates"

Comfortable my foot. Vivian thought but didn't say that aloud for fear of angering the man.

"Please Sir I don't have that kind of money here. How much last? you know that in this country there's no money like that. Its affecting everyone here too. "

" ah ah? Did I force you to pay? Its only in Nigeria that they'll be pricing bail fee. Wonders shall never end in this country. If you dont bail him, then you'll go to court and you'll spend more there, close to ten million"

"Ah! Please sir what else can I do?" She asks feigning desperation. 'Cause she had the money quite alright, but this was Nigeria. Everything was priced down to the barest minimum.

                  CHAPTER THREE
just then, a man on suit walked into the building

"Ah Barister! Your boy is loyal sir" the deputy hailed the man and Vivian was so shocked! The man who was forming boboti just now has suddenly turn into a loyal houseboy.

Vivian then took her time to turn around to see the man that could turn the police man to a mere servant and lord did he look damn good! Her mouth hanging slightly open, refused to close up when coming face-to-face with raw masculine sexuality. This guy gave a new  definition to the word sexy. Damn! it should have been a crime for someone to look that good so why wasn't he being arrested right now? The police was instead, in his pocket. He was tall, like way tall, dark-skinned  and probably in his early thirties Vivian worked up in her mind.

"Ah ah, deputy osazee. No need for all those unnecessary formalities. Just call me James. How's work going?"

"Extremely fine oh. Hmm... This one that you came to our side today, hope say na better oh?" Osazee speaks in pidgin

"Hmm... Yes actually. I came to bail out someone. One Rodrigo Nnechukwu."

"Ah! Rodrigo? He's lucky oh. Just wait a minute. Ebube abeg go bring Rodrigo from cell fast fast" and the standby police man immediately did so and Rodrigo walked out with his things.

Vivian all along was thoroughly shocked. So she'd been there since arguing price with the man when one stranger, Mr James or whoever he's called, walks in and doesn't even pay a dime and he's client is being allowed out? Wheels started turning in her head.

The Rodrigo dressed up and James adjusted his suit and said: "osazee it's nice doing business with you. I would be going now. We would discus later. My client needs to eat and rest" and with that, both Rodrigo and James left.

When they got outside, she immediately ran after them
"Wait! James please wait" they stopped and turned around

"James. Isn't it?  good afternoon. Please can I speak to you privately?"
"Rodrigo go wait for me in the car. This isn't going to take long". They both watched the boy leave.

Before she could say anything, he quickly said " I don't bail strangers"

"Please. How do you know that's why I came?"

It's pretty much written all over your face. Now, if you'll excuse me..."

"Please James. Please. Its my brother that's in there and The money that the deputy is asking for is too much for me to afford. If you want, I could pay you if you help me. I could give you thirty thousand naira to please just help me release my brother from jail. He hasn't done anything wrong" she put on her saddest face.

" your life's worth from now till you die still wouldn't be able to pay me so don't even make  the mistake of trying to offer me money ever again. 'Cause frankly, that's the easiest way to get me annoyed."

Shit! Seriously? in this naija you dey refuse money? Poverty never sleep with you before. Mr man better grow sense oh. All she was thinking was a direct opposite of what she actually replied "please I'm sorry. Please help me just this once"

"Say I do so. There's something that you actually have that may be useful to me apart from money."

"And what's that?"

"Your will.  I want you to agree to any three things I will ask you to do. No matter how hard you think it may be. And if you fail to do any, I'll personally throw your brother back in prison. An even worser prison and he'll stay there for a far longer time.

     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

Two weeks later...
Vivian walks into Baddo. One of the most popular clubs in Lagos wearing one of the sexiest and tightest short red dresses she's ever won, on six inches silver stiletto heels. With her nails digging into her clutch purse.  A package had been sent to Her during the day, containing the dress, and shoe she was wearing, along with a simple note saying she should wear it and come to baddo by eight pm. Which is how she found herself here right now.

She scanned the crowd for his familiar handsome face and when she finally spotted him, she gave a little smile while he waved.

" good evening. You're late "

You should be happy I even came at all. "yes I am. I'm so sorry"

"It's okay. Not a problem at all" and he gave a smile.............

That smile she happened to see everyday for the next seven weeks. The smile that never failed to light up her world. Light up her mood. She sometimes wondered how it happened because she was a good admirer of handsome guys from afar but she was never really one to date them. But he slowly sneaked his way into her life, through her defensive walls, and soon enough, he became the very reason for  her existence.

                    CHAPTER FOUR
Vivian was as usual, in the office typing away at her keyboard when she got a call from her gateman usman, that had her hurriedly rushing from her office, grabbing her keys, phone and purse. gosh! Why was she always placed in this situation, where she had to hurringly rush from her office for one reason or the other?

So many things where going through her mind before she finally got to her house and opened the door.

And there it all was. The proof staring into her eyes, with her heart breaking into a million pieces as she saw her sister vera in the embrace of the guy who had just proposed to her yesterday. James. Lord! Why her? was this some sort of cycle, some sort of punishment for something that she didn't know she did?

" what I don't understand is, why does it always have to be in my house? Like, is  it so bad to go fuck yourselves in slut-house? Or a hotel?"

"What? Vivian. Baby. This isn't what you think?" And with that he extricated himself from vera, with vera giving off her signature evil smirk.

"No. Dont stop on my account. Please carry on. But you've lost me forever James. And I thought you were the one. Guess I was wrong. And with that she quickly left the house, entered her car and drove off before anyone could call her back.

          *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

" mummy you seriously need to warn vera oh. You need to warn her. 'Cause I don't know what is wrong with her. I mean, Is she well? Is she Mad? Is she the only one that her parents died? She's not the first and would certainly not be the last! Were they not my parents too? did I become an under-payed and overused ashawo with second hand spare parts? She's crazy. Very crazy." Vivian shouted out.

Their adopted  parent decided to hold a family meeting to settle the dispute between the two sisters. And they were told to each say their side of the story. In front of both their adopted father and mother. It was Vera's turn

"Aren't you ashamed of yourself sister? That me, the used-up ashawo you think me to be, is better than you, enough to steel not just one but two guys from your life? What does that tell you? It means you aren't even fit to be called ashawo, talkless of a human being. Haven't you ever asked yourself why guys always went for me before you? You're damaged. Unfinished product. A manufacturer's defect."

The adoptive mother finally spoke up. "I'm pretty sure that's enough vera. But you're sisters. You're blood. There shouldn't be quarrel and fighting between you. 'Cause even the bible says, claiming to love God while you don't love your own brother could be akined witchcraft

And just then, James walked in. Looking even more sexy than ever.

But what was be doing here? Vivian slightly wondered

He greeted her parents and came to stand in front of her before facing her.  "Please Vivian. Would you do me the honour of becoming my wife again? Whatever you think happened, its not true. When I came to your house, I came to surprise you, then I met your sister there crying and when I asked her why? She told me that she had leukemia. And I was trying to console her when you walked in. I can swear on my love for you that nothing happened. You're all that I want. All that I need."

"What? Leukemia? I dont understand. Baby how come?" Vivian asked vera, temporarily forgetting the fact that they were quarreling.

" I had no idea either sister. I um... The doctor told me it'd gone very very far and that my body had stopped receiving treatments. That I had six months to live" vera said softly with tears springing to  her eyes.

"What!? And you never told me? No! I refuse. I'm not going to lose one more family member. I'm not going to loose my baby sister! We're going to fight this. Yes. We'll fight it together. I'll tear apart. I wouldn't survive it if a third person left too" Vivian screamed out hysterically

" I knew you'd say this. That's why I was trying to get you to hate me now, before I left. So that if you hated me, you wouldn't miss me too much"

" oh. I could never hate you baby. And to think I called you all those names. I'm so so sorry. Please would you forgive me?"

" I will. But only if you say yes to James proposal. Even a mad man could see that you guys were made for each other. You're thoroughly in love, anyone could see that. You practically exist for each other. But most importantly, he'll take care of you when I'm gone. Please don't tell little bro. He's too young. He can't handle that kind of information. I don't want him to be depressed and start failing his school work."

"No problem. Anything you want my love. And yes James. I'll marry you. I promise to honour you and Cherish you, including my family members, all the days of my life..."

                    EPILOGUE

Vera was actually able to fight the cancer and lived longer. She no longer quarrelled or caused problem for her married sister. And the  whole family lived happily ever after....

__________

Well peepz! Thank you so much for reading, I heartily appreciate the effort you've made to do so. And this is the final goodbye. Please vote and comment on this chapter and or in your other favourite chapters of this book. Do have a blessed new month.
Love ya already!
Miss ya already!
See you in my next book

. ♥. ♥. ♥. ♥.

Hey guys!
And the chapter ended just like that!
How was the chapter? Do you like it?

So...
If you liked this chapter, show me that you did by
Commenting (very important)
Clicking the like buttons ( please, this could literarily save a life! In what ways? I'm not sure. Still searching goggle for that. What?! We've all  got our problems!  *shrugging*

And please follow me on my page. Everyone likes being popular, including me! Jayjay! Actually, that's not my name. My name's Esther. So... Can I get a follower this week? Is that you who's reading this right now? Common! Imma be your sweet sexy angel. Once you leave this page, go follow me pretty please!!! But hey! Make sure you like and comment first. You ain't wanna get on my bitchy side.

Alright. I'm ranting. I'm gonna stop now.

Okay. One benefit of following me? You get additional sneak peeks into the novel, later in the week, paraventure I don't have time to type the  next chapter!
So... Regular sneak peeks, first hand views of my regular post, and of course, a sure notification from wattpad, alerting you of whenever I post a new chapter in any of my works, including this one. No, especially this one

Alright. Imma stop now. But please once again
Like
Follow
Comment!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 4.7K 26
"Please, fuck me, please!" I cried, tears spilling down my cheeks. "Only because you look so pretty when you beg." He pushed my face to the cement f...
66.5K 3.4K 30
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...
2.3M 99.1K 56
👑1 in Queen Series👑 (Warning: Dark themes & sexual assault) I will have you...all of you, Esmerleda," he said as his eyes raked over my body. I tr...
8.1K 2K 46
"Bad Girls don't get what they want, especially when they don't ask nicely." ____________________________________________ "You have no idea what I am...