Tanner Academy

By Watto9

Cade is experiment 101. She is found half-sane in the depths of a testing facility by Dr Walton, the principa... More

Tanner Academy Chapter 1
Tanner Academy- Chapter 2
Tanner Academy- Chapter 3
Tanner Academy- Chapter 4
Tanner Academy- Chapter 5
Tanner Academy- Chapter 6
Tanner Academy- Chapter 7
Tanner Academy- Chapter 8
Tanner Academy- Chapter 9
Tanner Academy- Chaptor 10
Tanner Academy- Chapter 11
Tanner Academy- Chapter 12
Tanner Academy...PENGUINS
Tanner Academy- Chapter 13
Tanner Academy- Chapter 14
Tanner Academy- Chapter 16
Tanner Academy- Chapter 17
Tanner Academy- Chapter 18

Tanner Academy- Chapter 15

1.4K 41 11
By Watto9

Chapter 15 

**************** 

Enjoy everybody!

Peace out! 

*********************

Cade's P.O.V

Everything was really fuzzy and dark. There was a throbbing pain in my forehead and I struggled against unconsciousness. It was hard though. It was a crushing blackness that was threatening to overwhelm me, and I wanted it to. But I couldn't sleep now, I knew I couldn't. There was something happening... something I needed to do... 

I couldn't remember properly. I just needed to wake up. 

With a tremendous effort, I heaved my eyelids open. My senses slowly started to float back and I concentrated my energy to my forehead.  

I groaned and rolled onto my side, pushing my body up with my arms. My limbs felt like lead as I slowly stood up. 

There was lots of noise everywhere but I couldn't figure out why.  

My vision started to come from the haze and I saw that I was standing behind two men wearing black. A few girls stood in front of them, watching me with horror stricken faces.  

And Dez was screaming as one of the men raised a gun to her head.  

It all came back to me in that split second. 

Fast as lightening, I reached out and grabbed the men's heads with each hand. Without hesitation, I slammed their skulls together with an audible CRACK. 

I let their bodies sink to the floor and I stumbled to lean on the door. I snatched away their life-energies and felt it replenish my limbs.  

The girls were still watching me with shock. 

Dez shut her mouth and all of the noise ceased. Beads of sweat trickled down her face and she was breathing heavily. "That should wake them up." She said hoarsely and smiled.  

"You ok?" I asked, trying to steady myself. 

She nodded. "Just a little tired. I thought you died Cade! Never do that again." 

I smiled and gave her the thumbs up before I heard another BANG in the hallway. I looked at Dez and quickly said "Get everybody out.", before running out into the hallway.  

Another soldier wearing black camo hung from the wall. Two sharp icicles had pinned him to the wall and the door had been thrown off its hinges. Stephanie stood at the entrance of her dorm with a sphere of water hovering above her hand. Her make-up was a mess and sobs still hacked her chest. 

I glanced at the man and then back to her. "Nice work." I said. 

She sobbed even harder. "H-he killed S-Shelly!" she gasped. 

I looked in her dorm, and sure enough, Shelly lay dead on the floor with her brains decorating the wall behind her. "Can y-you do anything?" Stephanie asked hopefully. 

I made a show of checking her pulse for Stephanie's sake but I already knew it was too late. Stephanie's not going to like hearing this.  

"Sorry Stephanie, there's nothing I can do." I said and winced at how cliché it sounded. 

She erupted into a fresh wave of cries and I ushered her and the other girls to follow Dez. When they were gone I heard an intercom buzz on from one of the soldier bodies. "Footscout do you read me? Footscout!" it said over the static, the voice was so faint but I could still hear it. 

I stood there helplessly for a second, unsure of what to do with the intercom.  

I decided to leave it alone because there was no doubt that other intercoms on the bodies have already figured it out.  

There was a CRASH somewhere and gunshots fired. Footsteps were heading this way and I took a peek around the corner to see another Footscout heading towards me. In a flash, I grabbed the front of his shirt and crushed his chest into the wall. As he slid to the floor, blood smeared against the cream paint.  

In the distance of heard Dez's voice echo through Tanner Academy. She had obviously gotten most of the students together from the sound of it and she was trying to get them out side. More gunshots fired but she kept yelling. 

They were going to need my help, so I started running down the hallway only to find that it was blocked.  

The man I had been seeing for the past two weeks was blocking the way. Everything about him was déjà vu. He was wearing his usual black trench coat and hood that was down for the first time. His silver eyes stared at me unwavering when he said, "Remember me?" 

I sighed with annoyance. "Go away; I don't have time for you right now."  

As I was moving past him, his hand swung out and hooked me hard in the chin, causing me to stumble back in surprise. 

I rubbed my chin and frowned at him with puzzlement, "Hey you're actually real." I continued blandly, even though I was genuinely surprised.  

"So you don't remember..." He said faintly, but not as a question. 

It made me look at him closer. He had a long, straight nose with angular features that were similar to mine. His body was tall and lean and his raven hair was cropped short.  

"Nothing comes to mind." I said, more weary then frightened.  

He never took those silver eyes off me. All I could see in them was hatred. He smirked, "Well aren't you lucky then. But don't worry; I'll try my hardest to make you see it." He said and then disappeared.  

He was gone. Just like that. There was no POOF of dust or sound. He just disappeared.  

In a split second, a leg swept under my feet making me land on my side. His foot kicked me hard in the gut and I sent a flash of electricity in his general direction.  

But he was behind me now, as I soon found out. He kicked me in the head which sent me sprawling again. How could this guy be with the military? He was just like us.  

I quickly scrambled to my feet and wildly looked around. I heard a chuckle for above me.  

"How can you work for them?" I demanded. 

Another chuckle. "I don't work for anyone. I'm doing this for free." He said and reappeared in front of me. 

He swung a punch but I dodged it and threw one of my own. But I was hitting air as he was gone again. Instead, he hit me at the back of my head from my left side.  

This dance continued on for awhile. He reappeared and disappeared while throwing fists in between teleports. And then there was me, who was desperately trying to land a single hit.  

I suddenly got a pretty bright idea. 

I stopped trying to hit him and focused on my energy. I felt the blows that the mystery-man made but I kept trying to ignore them. I made my energy expand within me so that my skin crackled with electricity. I smiled and waited. 

He hit me again, but when he made contact with my skin, he cried out and dropped to the floor.  

I quickly grabbed him by the neck and pumped more energy into his body, hopefully searing his veins or overloading his heart or something. He yelled in pain and thrashed against me before disappearing again.  

I knew he was behind me but before I could turn I gasped with pain/shock as he slid a knife through my back and into my lungs. I crouched there in shock as he growled in my ear, "Enough games, little sister. I came here to do something, and that is to end you once and for all." 

Well, that's kinda hard- wait a second... sister? 

He twisted the knife before he eased it from my flesh. I slumped into the floor and he stood over me. "Good riddance." He muttered bitterly and sluggishly disappeared.  

He didn't come back this time. I was left there with a gaping hole in my side that continued to bleed profusely.  

Fuzz started to cloud my eyes, but all I could think about was-

Sister.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.6K 7.5K 144
Back by popular request! The 2017 rough draft of The Virus Within! (Caution: Contains massive plotholes that were fixed in the polished The Virus Wi...
115 0 4
What if Dante got caught one night during his devil hunter duties and forced into UA hero course? Check for yourself reading this poorly written fan...
1.8K 42 13
Hola soy M.E.OC y este el primer Fan fic que hago en mi vida, esta basada en una de mis series favoritas de youtube hecha por Alan Becker Animator vs...
176K 3.4K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...