Tanner Academy- Chapter 6

Chapter 6

**************** 

Hey guys! 

If u have any suggestions for my writing, please go ahead and tell me! 

and if u have a story u would like me to read just give me the title, 

I WUV PENGUINS

Peace out ;) 

****************

My breath was heavy and ragged, my eyes crazed as I looked at the little girl. The air was cold in the dark alleyway; gore was smeared against the brick walls and blood painted the asphalt. Lifeless bodies littered the ground around me and I straightened from my arched position. The little girl's breath came out in small clouds and she clasped a teddy-bear tightly to her dress. She stared at me in horror with wide grey eyes. They flickered to a nearby corpse and she whispered "Mommy?" 

All I could think about was the surges of energy pulsing through my body. I let a sliver of electricity dance around my fingertips. I chuckled darkly and heard sirens wail faintly in the distance.

I leapt at her and her scream shattered through my thoughts.

~

My eyes snapped open and I choked back a sob. For a second I didn't know where I was, but then I saw the familiar rows of bunk beds in the quiet dorm. I sat up and pressed my shaking hands against my face, trying to stifle the cries that were racking my chest. Stephanie's dressing gown was drenched with sweat and the sheets of my bed were a mess.  

I stayed in my hunched position until the sky turned from black, to yellow, to a clear blue. The girls in the dorm looked at me strangely when I stretched out my cramped limbs. And just like that, the second day in Tanner Academy began.

~

'Trust me, its better this way.' Dr Walton tried to reason with me in my own mind. 

I had slowly begun to learn how to build defences against him, to stop him from reading my inner-most thoughts. It comforted me, even though I knew he could brush past my walls like they were nothing. The catch was, building walls were difficult, especially for me. It was like trying to contain a swirling inferno in a cardboard box.  

'It a waste of time.' I argued. 

'What else are you going to do all day? Anyway, if you actually listen, you might even learn something.' He countered dryly. 

I mentally frowned at him while Stephanie was asking the librarian for my new textbooks. 'But-' 

'Stop! Your giving me a headache. You'll go to class and that's final.' He said and then shut the link off. 

'Funny how we always end conversations like this' I thought sourly to nobody. 

"Here we are!"Stephanie exclaimed and shoved a bundle of textbooks into my arms. She saw my expression and laughed. "Don't worry Cade! Today's going to be great!" 

I sighed and took my class schedule from her and studied it.  

English, 

break,  

H.P.E,  

break, 

and math for today. 

"These are surprisingly normal subjects." I observed as we walked down a corridor to English.