Tanner Academy- Chapter 16

Chapter 16

************************ 

hey guys 

sorry i haven't uploaded in awhile,  

but i've been busy with school assignments, homework, crazy pets, penguins, etc.  

the usual i guess. 

Anyway, i hope u enjoy it (even if it is short!) 

Peace out! :) 

*****************************

Darkness. 

Beautiful, blissful darkness. 

It's everything I ever longed for; no dreams, no worries, no thoughts, no nothing.  

I think I slept for a long time because the sunlight was shining through the nearby curtains when I finally opened my eyes. I lurched to my feet the instant my memory snapped back to me. My limbs were stiff and a section of my back was tender as I staggered down Tanner Academy's staircases.  

"Dez? Ryan? Brent? Dr Walton? Jake?" I shouted, and I heard my voice echo through the foyer. "Anybody!?" 

It was no use. Nobody was here. Even Shelly's corpse had been dragged away. But there were so many signs of struggle that I knew that they gave a pretty good fight. Walls had been shattered and some staircases had been reduced to splinters. Gunshots had cracked the debris and various substances like tar or melting ice were laying everywhere. There was also a frightening amount of dried blood on the carpets.  

But in spite of the carnage; my mind circulated around the man wearing the black trench coat with slivers eyes and raven hair... just like mine. 

I touched my hair subconscious and looked at it more closely. 

My... brother?  

I remembered the way his features were angular, like mine, and how his eyes were harsh, like mine, and how his nose was long and straight, like mine, and how he was tall and lean, like me.  

Oh...My...God... 

A single thought rose from the mess of my mind. What happened to my...parents? I mean, our parents? Were they still alive? Did he know? 

I felt myself shaking and I clenched my teeth together.

Why can't I remember!?

I told myself to calm down and took a couple of deep breaths, feeling the anger inside me slowly subside. I soon regained myself and avoided thinking of my...Brother. 

I quickly checked every room of Tanner Academy before walking through the large, wooden entrance. I made my way through the basketball courts, the pool, and past the football fields as if in a daze.  

Nobody could stop me from leaving now. I could go anywhere I want.  

But could I walk away from this? Could I just return to my life, like nothing ever happened?

The tree line was creeping closer, and soon I disappeared under shade of branches with a smile painted across my lips.

Sure, I could.