The Prince's Duchess { Illyri...

By SeraEnigma

Hardworking Sarina loves her job and is considered a kind hearted girl. Along the way, she befriended an ecce... More

Author's Notes:
Prologue
Chapter 1: Blinded
Chapter 2: Who are you?
Chapter 3: A Promise
Chapter 4: Death of a Duke
Special Chapter: Luis Valentine
Chapter 5 - Grief on both sides
Chapter 6: I'm a Duchess?!
Chapter 7: Invitation
Chapter 8: On My Way
Chapter 9: First Meeting
Chapter 10: Living with the Prince
Chapter 11: An After Party Invite
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Seductive Kiss
Chapter 14: Lovers
Chapter 15: Stay with me
Chapter 16: Henry's Funeral
Chapter 17: Tonight
Chapter 18: A Prince's Warmth
Chapter 19: Town Legends
Chapter 20 Part 1: The Charity Gala
Chapter 20 Part 2: She is Mine
Chapter 21: Confrontation
Chapter 22: Alone with you
Chapter 23: What It Means
Chapter 24: This is not Goodbye
Special Chapter: Catherine Lyonel
Chapter 25: Missing You
Chapter 26: Telling the truth
Chapter 27: Old Wounds
Chapter 28: Twins
Chapter 29: Hidden Shame
Chapter 30: Reunion
Chapter 31: An Unexpected Meeting
Flash Back Chapter: Before I Met You
Chapter 32: Did you Miss Me?
Chapter 33: Tonight, I'm Yours
Chapter 34: Cousins
Chapter 35: The Lost Princess
Special Chapter: Seymone
Chapter 36: Results
Chapter 37: A Stronger Bond
Chapter 38: World of our Own
Chapter 39: Be Honest
Chapter 40: The Brother In Law
Chapter 41: Back to Illyria
Chapter 42: My FiancΓ©e
Chapter 43: Kassim
Chapter 44: Forgive Me?
Chapter 45: Like Father, Like Daughter
Chapter 46: The Forgotten Agreement
Chapter 47: Leaving again
Chapter 48: The Truth about Laila-Part 1
Chapter 49: The Truth about Laila - Part 2
Chapter 50: The Poison
Chapter 52: Akhun
Chapter 53: The Plot Thickens
Chapter 54: Now and Always
Chapter 55: Sex, Netflix and Chill
Chapter 56: The Lyonel Family Secret
Chapter 57: The Trial
Chapter 58: Forever Mine
Chapter 59: A Lost Love Returns
Chapter 60: An Unexpected Invitation
Chapter 61: Sealed Letter
Chapter 62: Elite Affair
Chapter 63: Her True Colors
Chapter 64: Kidnapped
Chapter 65: Huntress
Chapter 66: Redemption
Chapter 67: Body Heat
Chapter 68: Who am I?
Chapter 69: Rekindled Interest
Chapter 70: Memories of Us
Chapter 71: Aphrodisiac Fever
Extra Chapter: Laila
Chapter 72: Surprise Ambush
Chapter 73: Luce e Ombra
Chapter 74: La Famiglia e tutto
Chapter 75: The Cat is out of the Bag
Chapter 76: Abstinance
Chapter 77: The Wedding
Chapter 78: Night at the Tower
Final Chapter 79: The Prince's Duchess
Epilogue Chapter 80: The Princess' Personal Chef
End of the Story Greetings!
Special Mini Novel Coming Up!

Chapter 51: Flaunting your Title

1.2K 67 4
By SeraEnigma

Sarina's POV:

This party was different from the ones I have attended in Illyria. For one thing, the moment we entered I was shoved by a few women who gave me death glares and did a complete 180 attitude change when they tried to pry Kassim's attention away from me.

And it would last for a few days, much to my dismay.

The other thing I noticed was that as I was left behind by Kassim to fend for myself, I felt the burning gazes of some of the guests here and they were judging my every step.

I recalled the lessons Cat and Luis taught, even some of the things Leone mentioned during our talks.

After straightening my posture and holding my head up high. I walked towards the balcony to find a quiet spot to call Leone back.

But before I can get there, a few males stopped me; their gazes full of curiosity at me.

"I have heard that the prince was going to bring an unusual date with him but I never expected a petite woman with such grey eyes." the first male dressed in traditional Danatian wear but his friend nudged him.

"Don't you read the news on the internet? She is the Duchess of Ladon." the second one had a kinder gaze and smirked at me. "Sorry for that but are you the current duchess? "

" Yes. I am. " I nodded and remembered to curtsy properly." Lovely to meet you, gentlemen. "

" We were wondering if it would be appropriate to ask your opinion on certain topics but... " the second male hesitated.

"Pardon us milady but what my friend is trying to say is how solid is the Merrim Wool Production for the next 5 years?" the third male asked me honestly.

"Are you sure she can even answer that? We should be talking to her legal advisor who manages all her money." the first one stated with a smirk.

That made me smile inside because I manage my shares with Luis' help and I have the last say on it.

So I promptly gave them my opinion on the future of Illyria's most sought after material as well as my opinion on some of the country's other local specialties that are easy to export.

They were suddenly asking me more questions about Illyria so it took my mind off things as I talked to them and by the end of maybe 20 minutes or so, they seem impressed with me before they left me alone but not before giving me their business cards.

Absentmindedly, I put them in my small purse and finally found a small corner to call my fiance.

But somehow, his line was busy after a few tries so I decided to call him after this party is done. How I missed his voice and because of his cousin; I missed his call.

I was about to step out of my hiding place when I heard voices outside the terrace balcony. Embarrassed that I might have stumbled upon something private; I remained in my hiding place as sharp female voices filled the silence.

"Ugh, she's just...just so...plain! How could his Highness Prince Kassim be even seen with a dwarf like her." one woman remarked.

"Now now. It is true she doesn't belong with our class but we can remind her to stay where she belongs; I bet she is just some cheap escort who managed to worm her legs into the prince's bed." a more elegant female said bored. " I'd give it a week no...a few days, she would never keep her hold on Kassim."

"I just cannot believe he broke up with me for that...that THING!" another voice wailed plaintively. " It's a good thing I bumped her on purpose, too bad she did not fall on her face."

"I don't see her anywhere actually, you think she went home crying? The prince seems to be busy talking to his business partner/brother." the elegant female's voice became excited. " Both of them are such two gorgeous looking specimens of royalties to be sure."

Silent anger filled me their comments as the females continued talking about other topics like the latest social gossip. I realized that was too protected at Illyria when I was with Leone.

Until now, the people I have met were Illyrians who respect my position and are aware of my inheritance. It also helps that my fiance and his sister also favors me.

Here, in this foreign land. Unless I brag about it; No one can mistake me for the Duchess of Ladon. And it isn't my style to brag anyway. In a way, I am facing unknown people and their behaviors are absolutely terrible.

I stayed where I was, silently waiting for them to leave but then I felt my phone vibrate. I picked it up and my heart jumped when I saw that it was Leone.

Seeing his name on my phone screen did something to me, I remembered the first time we met and how he told that he loves everything about me even how I was even curvier than other women.

He was the only man I have ever considered to be with seriously. Not because he was a prince but because he let me into his heart and never made any excuses for his mistakes; he had so many secrets and yet he laid himself bare, giving me opportunities to protect my heart and leave him.

But I stayed.

I stayed because despite his past. His womanizing ways and the relationship he has with Kassim on sharing lovers; I still want to be him.

Because he showed me how serious he was and how much he loves me.

I turned on my phone and placed it against my ear, my heart pounding faster as I waited for him to speak.

"Rina? Rina? My phone was on flight mode. I saw your miss calls. How is he treating you? Is he behaving?"

I closed my eyes and smiled at how worried he was.  Even though he was against me going with his cousin; he respected my decision to go for Sey's sake.

"I'm fine Leone. I.....I'm glad you called." I said softly as I heard him take a relieved breath.

"Good. I am coming there. It was a mistake to let you fend for yourself."

"Leone....did you run away from your work just for me?"

"N-No. Father let Catherine fill in for me and Charles agreed to postpone a few of my meetings. Well? ....you are okay with it right?"

I stifled my urge to laugh at his nervousness. He is getting to know me so well now. But I am happy this way.

"I'll let it slide this time. I am sorry for my selfishness."

"You will have to repay me then duchess. A night or two of non-stop loving would do.....I was joking but.. " he chuckled as I felt myself blush. " My cousin may try something with you so be on your guard."

"I will. When will you get here?" I asked him and he answered. " I see....Can you do me a favor?"

After a few hushed words, we finished our talk and I heard no voices so I stepped out of my hiding place.

But as I was leaving, three women suddenly pushed me back in roughly. I managed to catch myself when I heard their accusing voices.

"You are one conniving bitch."

"We heard you talking by that huge potted plant, you have another man aside from Prince Kassim? The nerve!"

"I can't believe he broke up with me over a slut like you!"

They were very tall and pretty socialites and I recognize their voices as the ones who were talking at the balcony. I dusted myself off and gave them a cold glance.

"Let me pass." I said calmly and all they did was sneer at me.

"How dare you order us around!" the elegant woman spoke. "You should know your place."

She reached out to grab my wrist but I swiped it away sharply. I straightened my back, lifted my head up high and glared at them until they stopped.

"Don't ever touch me. Don't speak to me and don't ever look at me again." I used my haughtiest voice.

They froze at the iciness of my tone when a masculine chuckle made them turn around, their shock giving way to girlish sighs and dreamy eyes.

"Duchess. Finally nice to meet you once again and in under different circumstances." the shadowed figure stepped closer to me and gave me a pat on the head.

It was....Xana?!

The messy hair and baking apron version of him at Arcadia were gone, In his place was a sleek white and black tie suit that sets off his dark coloring and aquamarine eyes to perfection. He looks devastatingly beautiful and it was clear from the looks on these socialite's faces that he was sought after.

The other women gaped when he bowed gracefully to me and took my hand, giving me a devilishly sweet look as he kissed my hand. The warmth of his lips made me realize how cold it was out here.

"W-wait...d-did you say, duchess? As in a real duchess?" the woman who was complaining about breakups pointed a finger at me. Gone was her shrill voice and in its place was a softer voice.

Xana straightened up and patted my head.

"She is the one who was making news a while back.  She is one of the richest women in the world and she has been recently engaged to the Crown Prince of Illyria. " he gave me a warm glance. " I heard that you wanted to check out the oil and pearl industry here which is why you agreed to be an escort to my brother Kassim tonight. "

What a smooth lie but I smiled serenely and played along.

"It is as you say, however." I slid a glance to the three ladies who were red in the face now that they have realized that they just pushed and insulted a royal. " these lovely ladies were keeping me company. They have been very kind enough to tell me what they thought of a woman like me."

My sincere tone made the girls even more ashamed and uneasy around me.

"O- oh dear, look at the time. W-We have to get-" the first woman stuttered but I beat her to it.

"Get home because if Kassim knew about this; he'd do something worse? Great idea. Bye." I waved at them in a sugary way as they left us, stumbling over themselves. "Hmm....do I have to encounter girls like these at every social party?"

"Technically yes. Events like these are the only places where socialites and heiresses can hope to catch the eyes of rich husbands or a fiance. Unfortunately, you were in the arms of my brother who is not only one of Europe and the Middle East's most sought after bachelor but is also a well know hotel magnate in the hospitality world. He is a considerable catch their eyes." Xana laughed. " but I love the way you handled yourself. It won't hurt to project yourself as the duchess in these events. People respect things like that."

"Duly noted. I....had no idea that Kassim was your brother."

"He is actually my stepbrother. I'm actually a royal bastard." the censure and venom from his voice were undeniable but he still smiled. " But amongst my father's sons. Kassim is the most tolerable one so I do business with him occasionally."

"I-I see. Thank you for saving me." I curtsied to him and he bowed back.

"Always a pleasure saving a beautiful lady." he said and offered his arm. " The dinner is about to start so do you mind if I escort you back to your date?"

"Yes please." I accepted his help as we made our way back inside the huge party hall.

I still felt them staring at me but like Xana said, It does not hurt to use my title from time to time so I straightened myself up and walked with grace.

After catching an approving look from him, I kept my posture straight and thought to myself.

Maybe there is a time when flaunting your title can be useful.

---------------------------------------------------------

"I see that you met my stepbrother. Does he interest you? He is pretty handsome and very good with sweets." Kassim coaxed me as we were seated in our own private table. " Shall I ask him if he can visit your room tonight?"

I suppose his reaction came from how Xana escorted me back to him; he kissed my hand and told Kassim to take care of me.

"I don't think so. This is the second time I met him." I shook my head.

"Oh? Where were you when you first met him?" he asked.

"In Arcadia. Leone took me to his cafe in town and tried the sweets there. He even gave me an extra dessert for free." I watched his expression give way to surprise. "What?"

"Xana never gives away desserts. The last woman he gave desserts to was his late wife." his voice was soft and his eyes sharp with suspicion.

"I am telling the truth. Leone told me that Xana does not give his creations away and yet somehow I met his approval." I defended myself.

I gasped as he leaned closer to me and gazed into my eyes as if to discover a lie within its depths but I just stared back.

"We...shall see."  he said as the shadow appeared in his face. I felt my body hair stand on end; It reminded me of the time he had a look of despair on his face at the throne room in Illyria.

"Is there....something wrong?" I asked without thinking and the shadow vanished; replaced by a bored look.

"Wrong? What are you proposing to do if I were to answer that question?" he smiled seductively at me. making me turn away from him. " Will you lend an ear to me? Be sympathetic? Caring?"

"Never mind. " I swiftly took back what sympathy I had but the feeling that something was wrong persisted. A flash of the small girl on my dreams also crossed my mind.

Why?

Why am I getting this feeling again? This pull towards something I don't know?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 1.8K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
990K 16K 87
{Completed} I bend her over the table and smack her perfect shaped ass. She moaned in response and oh how it was music to my ear. I place my dick at...
304K 8.8K 42
Hemilia Gran is a student in Hevialia Academy, it's a magical academy where only supernatural people studies there. She is pursuing her dream to beco...
205K 6K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...