The Unexpected || Bakugou x U...

By LifeAsWeKnowIt00

"Most people want to be circled by safety, not by the unexpected. The unexpected can take you out. But the un... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty - One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty - One
Chapter Fifty - Two
Note From Me
The End
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-One

2.7K 109 127
By LifeAsWeKnowIt00

Like I Can - Sam Smith || "Why are you looking down all the wrong roads. When mine is the heart and the soul of the song. There may be lovers who hold out their hands but he'll never love you like I can"

As Present Mic read aloud a Shakespearean sonnet my mind drifted to the bare trees blowing against the window. It had been a week and a half since Deku and I had spoken and he has once again distanced himself. Every time I even try to get in contact he is running around with All Might and does not have time. Leaving me to wonder if this was how it would always be with him or he was purposefully trying to stay away.

Sighing as I drop my face in my hand I look down at my work and begin doodling random swirls and flowers. Looking across the class I hoped to at least make eye contact with Deku and smile. Instead, I see Bakugou turned around staring at me. Has he been staring this whole class period!? I give him a look that makes him laugh out loud. The whole class turns to see what the disruption was.

"Bakugou, since you're paying such great attention why don't you tell me the meaning of this famous sonnet.." Present Mic was how standing in front of the class tapping his foot.

I swallowed and blushed looking down at the papers in front of me hoping he wouldn't call on me next.

"Damn it, fine" he sighs pushing himself back in his chair tapping his pencil a bit against the wood desk, "well if it's sonnet 18, which I'm assuming it is since you mentioned it was the most famous, that it has to do with the speaker comparing his love to a summer's day, but notes that the person has qualities that surpass a summer's day".

We have been in classes with Bakugou for a while now, but no one will ever be used to that hothead's smarts. It was always just as shocking as it was the first time he showed his true colors.

"Way to go Bakugou" Kirishima whispered to him.

"WELL, YOU WOULD KNOW TOO IF YOU FUCKING PAID ATTENTION AND READ A BOOK ONCE IN YOUR LIFE WEIRD HAIR!!" He yelled and everyone simultaneously rolled their eyes. Now he was back to the usual Bakugou.

As the bell rings everyone quickly gathers their things for their next class. I wave to Deku, who stood in the front talking to Iida, hoping he would want to walk together, but shocker he just smiles before walking out the door. Dropping my hand to my side I blush from the embarrassment. We haven't had a true conversation since I told him Bakugou and I kissed. I hadn't heard anyone talking about it so hopefully, he didn't mention it.

I have spent every day trying to get him to talk to me, but it has resulted in the same thing. It was beginning to be draining. Why was I even wasting my time? Changing into my gym clothes I make my way outside to take part in another training lead by All Might. We've done this before, two heroes and two villains so we didn't waste too much time with the rules as we waited to hear our names being called.

"YOUNG HEROS!!!!!" All Might yelled as we stood there waiting "you know the rules so let's get right to it! Hmm, ok young Midoriya and young Bakugou let's have you both heroes and Sero and Iida you'll be villains! The four boys nod their heads and run to take their positions. The rest of us go up in the control room to watch closely at the competitors.

As Sero and Iida gave the thumbs up the timer began. Deku and Bakugou made their way into the building. Bakugou leaned over got attempting to give instructions to Deku in the entryway, but Deku remained stoic and didn't respond. Truthfully he looked preoccupied.

"PAY ATTENTION YOU FUCKING NERD!" Bakugou yelled loudly waking Deku up a bit as the rest of us watched, confused at Deku's behavior. We all watched closely as they failed to work together properly. They completely did the opposite of what the other said and it was a chaotic mess for us to watch. I could tell Bakugou was getting fed up and he was about to explode any minute. There was nothing he hated more than losing so when he was given a task, even if its just gym - he gave it his all.

I watched as he tried his best to remain patient with Deku and he pointed down the hallways trying to direct Deku. Nodding his head Deku followed quickly behind him. He was clearly spacing out because he ran right into Bakugou causing him to yell out.

"FUCK DEKU WATCH WHAT YOU'RE DOING WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" Bakugou's already short patience was run thin today as he shoved Deku aggressively causing him to hit the wall across from them. Deku looked up at him in a way we all had never seen. As we stood in the control room everyone's eyes remained glued to the monitors as I caught Tsu's eyes on me. I didn't even want to look at her because I already knew what she was thinking about this whole situation.

Deku stood to his feet looking quite angry as he charger at Bakugou giving him a shove back that made Bakugou take a few steps back. Bakugou's expression seemed shocked as he looked down at his childhood friend acting so erratic.

"Gotcha!" Sero jumped out from around the corner activating his quirk as thick tape exploded from his elbows. "FUCK!" Bakugou shot off a small amount of explosion to push himself away from the tape, jumping behind a door. Deku didn't react quick enough resulting in him being taped up. We all gasped watching as Bakugou screamed at him for being weak and not listening to him.

Bakugou struggled at first taking on two villains by himself, but in the most Bakugou fashion he fought through it and successfully did it. It was super impressive to watch as he stood on the screen raising his hand in the air with a cocky smile on his face like he knew this was going to happen before it even started.

"GREAT WORK YOUNG HEROS! COME JOIN US IN THE CONTROL ROOM-" All Might called over the intercom, "All right next up is Tokoyami and Momo as heroes vs. Kirishima and Mina as villains!" Everyone cheered and high fived the new four as they made their way out to the trial. Within minutes the last four arrive. Everyone claps for them as they find a seat in the room to watch the next group.

Watching as Deku dragged his feet into the room he avoided eye contact with All Might like a child who knew they were grounded. I raced over to try and cheer him up. Bakugou's expression twisted watching me reach for Deku.

"Great work Deku, we all have bad days nothing to beat yourself up over" I tried my best to be positive because I knew that he felt embarrassed. Without responding he shrugs off my hand on his shoulder and takes a seat next to Iida on the couch completely pushing past me. It remained this way the whole rest of the school day.

As the final bell rang I quickly gathered up my materials and made my way downstairs to walk back to the dorms. "HEY OCHACO!" Tsu was running after me hands flailing.

"Hey Tsu!" I smile stopping to turn towards here "What's up?"

"Wanna walk home today?" She began breathing heavy catching her breath after running down those stairs.

"Sure thing! Let's go!"

We both pushed through the front door as the rest of the class 1-A rushed by us. I was just happy to be back with Tsu as we walked and gossiped about our school day.

"So.. what the heck happened today?" Tsu lifted a finger to her chin "You know with Bakugou and Deku, I haven't seen them like that since the first year.."

"Honestly Tsu, I have no idea - you know how those two are.." I sigh pulling the straps of my backpack as I look down at my feet pushing against the pavement beneath me.

"Y-yeah, but it just seemed weird - like there was something more" Tsu hummed as we continued down the pavement.

"I really wouldn't know though because Deku and I rarely talk anymore" I half smile at Tsu sadly as she looks into my eyes.

"Sorry Ochaco... I guess he's just really busy, but that's no excuse so I just don't know.."

"Well, what can you do I guess."

"Hey wait! Heres your chance" Tsu pointed towards the dorms and I quickly look to see Deku sat on one of the bottom steps. Once he saw us he quickly jumped up to his feet. "He waited to talk to you. Ill rush by please tell me everything!" I nod in response as I watch her run past him up to the dorms. Taking a few steps towards him I watched Deku's expression sadden and I knew this wasn't going to be the good news I was hoping.

"Hey, Ochaco" Deku sighed itching the back of his neck.

"Hi," I say, I just didn't know what else to say to him after this time.

"I'm sorry for being so distant." He says sternly.

"It's fine, I understand why..."

"Do you though? Ochaco I could hardly look at you, someone whose my close friend.."

It felt like a knife pierced right through my chest as the words escaped him. I couldn't believe Deku was still this upset about everything - so much so he couldn't even look at me for a week?

"Deku, I told you it was a mistake, we're just friends remember!" I yell hearing the desperation in my voice as he turns his face to me. He was now crying again as he cleared his throat.

"Ochaco, this whole thing - whatever it is - has been fun, b-but I just can't handle this type of distraction any more especially when I have so much weight on my shoulders."

It was happening all over again. She was just some girl who distracted boys from their big dreams. Holding another strong hero back from their goals. My fist balled up as the tears streamed down my cheeks. Was that all I was to these people, just a pretty face that caused a distraction?

Feeling Deku's arms wrap around me I could feel my body tense up with anger. My mind felt like it was buzzing with anger as my heart was breaking. Tears poured from my eyes uncontrollably as Deku held me close.

"You're still one of my best friends, it's just seeing you and Bakugou then realizing something else happened... It was all too much and I cannot keep thinking about it...

"Then forget it - I told you it was nothing!"

"How can I just forget something like that?" Deku sighed pulling away from our embrace. I looked at the ground.

"How can you just disappear all of Break and not once ask me to hangout then?"

It was silent for a minute as I could tell Deku was understanding now why I was hurt.
"That has nothing to do with you I already told you I- "

"Yeah I know, trained with All Might.." I cut him off rudely as I rolled my tear filled eyes. "You don't think that when you're seeing someone or whatever we are that maybe we should hangout more than a few times!?" I genuinely wanted to know his answer because this ate me up inside.

"Ochaco I really am sorry.. I wasn't thinking much about your feelings through all this.. it's kinda like I pushed you away so far that you landed into Bakugou arms I guess"

"BUT I CARE ABOUT YOU DON'T YOU GET IT!" I yell. It was like talking to a brick wall.. he wasn't understanding me,

"I will always care Ochaco, I just think you and I were made to be friends and that's it"

I didn't respond as he pulled me in for one more hug.

"I'm sorry Ochaco, I'm so sorry for everything..."

Pushing past him I ran through the front door of the dorms and straight to my room. I heard people call my name as I blocked them out. I just wanted to be in my room away from everyone. As soon as I closed my door behind me I threw myself down on the bed and cried. Would anyone ever take me seriously? Or would I always be some distraction.. what about my dreams?

Sniffling I rub my eyes dry hearing a knock on the door, "Not now Tsu!" I yell out covering my face.

"It's not Tsu."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 229 45
Deku, a 14-year-old fanboy, struggles with something seemingly unsignificant but unpermits him to become the greatest hero of all time. He never real...
9.4K 413 75
Stripped away from her home, Hina Tanaka was taken to a parallel dimension by the newly established villain group 'The New Villain Alliance'. When sh...
575 29 9
He smelled mildly of cinnamon. I don't know how, probably the hair gel, but it was pleasant. He fell asleep pretty much instantly, and I started to...
6K 137 10
Throughout the years, Deku and Kacchan's relationship has been known to be troublesome. Yet, nobody understands the reason behind it and why that rea...