The Unexpected || Bakugou x U...

By LifeAsWeKnowIt00

"Most people want to be circled by safety, not by the unexpected. The unexpected can take you out. But the un... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty - One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty - One
Chapter Fifty - Two
Note From Me
The End
Epilogue

Chapter Ten

3.3K 135 102
By LifeAsWeKnowIt00

**WARNING: This chapter goes back and forth a lot between Bakugou and Ochaco's perspective. Sorry!**

You Had Me At Hello - Day To Remember || "What have I gotten into this time around I know that I had sworn I'd never trust anyone again but I didn't have to You had me at hello"

OCHACO P.O.V
Today was the day. The Sports festival. I hadn't spoken to Deku in a few days other than some texts here and there. I knew that it was because he and All Might were training every day for this and I didn't want to interrupt. It would have been nice though to hear him ask how my training was going through...

Sometimes he treated me like I wasn't a threat like I was not someone to worry about. No use in being upset about it for long, but it weighed on me. As the rest of class 1A entered the arena we were all asked to complete the same tasks as the year before. The obstacle race and the cavalry battle. 1A as always really showed out and it was impressive, to say the least.

I watched as All Might stayed stoic on the sidelines watching Deku and the rest of our class, though we all knew he was really paying close attention to Deku. It had always been this way.

Now it was time for the first round of the one-on-one fighting tournament. This was the moment everyone was waiting for, the moment we needed to prove how far we have grown since our previous fights. Majority of our audience has already seen our skills and especially our quirks, it was now the chance to show that we have developed them and even learned some new skills. It was the only way to get scouted and receive good internships.

As the names rattled off we all waited patiently to find out who we would be competing against. As my name popped up I already noticed I would be competing against a student from Class 1B, Shiozaki. She didn't scare me too much so I was more than prepared. As we made our way to the stadium my heart began to beat so fast it felt as though it would explode.

Why was I nervous? The arena erupted with cheers as my eyes squinted from the bright light. This was going to be a piece of cake I thought. As she bowed across from me I immediately took my stance ready for the buzzer to initiate the fighting.

Ibara looks up giving a half smirk in my direction as the buzzer sounds. Quickly her vines shoot towards me as I quickly jump away, perfect timing I thought. The vines now whip back in an attempt to grasp on to something. As my body floats, I immediately drop and start running at her. As the vines from her hair shoot out at me I am quickly swerving in each directions trying not to get hit.

All I needed to do is touch her and it would be easy from here. Once I was close enough I begin using one of Gunheads techniques for head to head combat. After competing against Bakugou years ago, I had quickly realized I lacked in my close range fighting. So when I am up against someone I need to have more than just my anti-gravity ability.

Grabbing hold of Ibara's hand I quickly use one of my takedown techniques. As he head smashed the floor the arena erupts with cheers. Before I can take in the excitement I felt the vines wrap around my ankle taking hold as I fly through the air. Activating my anti-gravity I immediately catch my own fall. Laughing I watch as she stumbles up from the ground. I knew it would only be a matter of time.

My feet softly touch the floor and I smirk at her weakened stance. Ibara wiped her bloody nose and took a stance, preparing for her next attack. Before I could allow that to happen, I push my fingers together and activate my anti-gravity on her.

Lifting her high enough then bringing her down hard. I repeat this only once more before I notice she has passed out. Stopping myself I hear Present Mike yell out across the speaker "OCHACO WINS OCHACO WINS!! I knew she would!" The arena hollered as my picture appeared on the Jumbotron. Smiling big I began jumping up and down waving at the crowd.

I ran to Ibara's side extending a hand to lift her and she smiled at me. "Nice work Ochaco, seems your training came in handy" Ibara seemed sincere as she shook my hand. "Thank you, you did great too" we exchange smiles and wave politely to the crowd.
Rushing under the threshold I quickly reach for my phone to call my dad.

BAKU P.O.V.

As I watch Ochaco battle head to head my hands begin to sweat. I never thought she would get this strong. I always knew she was, that's why it shocked me when people treated her like she was fragile. Last time we competed she begged me to not hold back, to give it everything I had. It was then that my respect for her grew.

She was unlike anyone I had ever met. I didn't like to see her get hurt though, as I watched her attack aggressively my fists clenched and my body tensed up. I was not ready to see her hit or worse lose just yet.

As the name was announced the winner I couldn't hold back but cheer with the rest of the arena. I quickly caught myself and looked around hoping to god no one saw me....

Everyone was too focused on the match as the rest of the class 1A cheered. Looking to my side I saw a dorky fucking Kirishima grinning at me... he had already caught me. FUCK. I sat down quick folding my arms.

"How obvious could you be dude" he whispered then let out a chuckled as he shook his head, "you got it bad man"

"SHUT THE HELL UP KIRISHIMA" I screamed causing the rest of 1A to turn around at us. They looked for a second then returned back to the match, this was so normal to them that it didn't faze anyone much.

"I'm just speaking facts my friend" he shrugged his shoulders and I reacted quickly by punching his shoulder hard.

"You do know that doesn't hurt me.." he laughed even harder as I turned away from him slouching in my chair.

"Fucking weird hair" I grumbled crossing my arms. I wanted to know who I would be up against and I wanted to know now. I needed to get out of here. As Ochaco entered our seating area everyone cheered for her. Deku ran up giving her a big hug as everyone patted her back. I grit my teeth in anger watching as his hands draped close to her backside. She turned to look up at us giving a smile.

"WAY TO GO OCHACO" Kirishima yelled giving a thumbs up before nudging my side hard. I pushed him before looking down at her she still smiled up at us, was she really fucking waiting for me to say something to her? She had all these people around her patting her back and she still gave a shit what I thought. I nodded my head in appreciation and she nodded back turning to the rest of the class.

"Really dude..." Kirishima face palmed himself and shook his head "you really are a lost cause"

"FUCK OFF KIRI-" I was quickly cut off by present mic announcing the next match.

"ALLLLLRIGHT PARTY PEOPLE ITS TIME FOR THE NEXT MATCH!!! AIZAWA ARENT YOU EXCITED?!"

"Erg" I roll my eyes with annoyance. He was too loud for my taste.

"ME TOO!! OK OUR NEXT MATCH IS GOING TO BE A SHOW STOPPER! ITS KATSUKI BAKUGOU AGAINST TENYA IIDA"

The crowd lost it at the mention of their names and I rolled my eyes. He was definitely a worthy opponent especially as a first one, but I was hoping to have one of the 1B students first to knock those losers out. Pulling myself out of the seat I made my way down to the arena.

OCHACO P.O.V.

I watched Bakugou gather himself and make his way down to the waiting room. He didn't look at any of us before he left. Iida sat up shaking everyone's hand as he left behind Bakugou. We all kinda knew what was going to happen during this match, even Iida I think knew. We waved as he disappeared down the stairs.

"Hopefully Kacchan holds back a bit" Deku said giving a half smile. I turned to him a bit annoyed.

"Why should anyone hold back? We are all here competing for the same reason Deku.."

"I know, but Iida does not stand a chance against Kacchan's blows. That's just a fact." He shrugged his shoulders and I looked away from him quickly.

"Not all of us are lucky with a path laid out Deku, we all have to work a little harder you know." Deku was silent as I turned and sat down preparing myself for this next battle.

The buzzer began right when Deku sat next to me and we watched as Bakugou shot off his flames towards Iida. The room cheered as Iida ran dodging his flames. It was a cat and mouse chase and I was excited to see who would win. This continued for another 20 minutes and the two stated to slow down a bit.

Bakugou was getting dizzy from following Iida with his eyes and Iida tired from the running. As the match continued the two seemed grew even more tired, but continued, Bakugou sent one final flame towards Iida and he was too tired to move quickly causing him to be hit by the blast.

Stunned he was caught and blown from the ring, which was an immediate win for Bakugou. The crowd cheered as Bakugou's emotionless face appeared on the big screen. He didn't wave he just nodded his head and raced a hand to the people cheering. As he and Iida walked off the court Present Mic began announcing the next match. This continued until it was finally time for lunch. When we returned they would begin the semi-final matches.

The rest of 1A all gathered together and met at a restaurant in the plaza. Everyone was excited and congratulated the winners of the first rounds. Unsurprisingly it was Todoroki, Bakugou, and Tokoyami, surprisingly it was Me, Deku and Kirishima. I was super proud to be the only girl, but I knew that everyone was looking at me being the weakest. I had to show them all they were wrong. I didn't even notice how long I had been spacing out playing with my food until Mina snapped me back to reality.

"Hellooooo anyone home?!" Her body was leaned over the table and her pink hand waved in my face causing my to look up at her and the other girls staring at me a little concerned. "PHEW ! I was getting worried there that you wouldn't be able to compete in the upcoming semi-finals" She smiled as she leaned back into her seat. Everyone laughed and I blushed from all of the attention.

"So Ochaco, are you nervous to find out who you're going up against for the semi-finals??" Soto yelled from down the table. Everyone's eyes were back on my again. Even a quiet Bakugou looked down the table at me with a straight face, waiting to hear my response. I hated all of this attention and quickly looked down at my hands twitching in my lap. I forced back my nervous feelings and clenched my fists thinking about all the people I needed to prove my potential too.

"No way! Whoever I am chosen to go up against better be ready for a good fight because I'm giving it all I've got!"

"You go girl!!" Mina yelled and the rest of the girls cheered. Tsu gave me a thumbs up and it made a big smile spread on my face. Momo, who was sat to my left put her hand on my shoulder causing me to turn to face her, "I know you will give it your best, I'll be rooting for you from the sidelines" her warm smile was so calming as I responded with a nod. I looked over at Deku who was sat to my right. He was eating his food before he notices my eyes on him. Dropping his food he turned to look at me and took my hand in his under the table and gave it a squeeze.

"I know you will make your parents proud" he smiled as I felt my hands begin to sweat. I was hoping for more words of encouragement, but maybe he was nervous to say those things in front of everyone else. He let go of my hands and continued eating. I stayed staring at him for a minute unsure what just happened before turning back to face my plate. Was I overreacting?

Tsu looked across the table at me and I smiled at her, I didn't want to show her I was sad. I swallowed hard as if to push down these feelings. I was in the semi-finals and should be proud of that. I had quickly become one of the strongest girls in 1A and needed to show the world why I was here. I looked down the table to catch eyes with Bakugou. Had he been staring this whole time? He looked embarrassed as he looked away back to his food and began shoveling it into his mouth.

As we finished up lunch everyone made their way back into the arena. They would be announcing the next match any minute and we didn't want to miss it. As we walked through the arches Deku stopped me pulling me back.

"What is it Deku?" I cocked my head, maybe this was the moment he was going to wish me good luck properly.

"It's about the semi-finals" he seemed nervous as he spoke and I felt my heart race thinking that it was so cute of him.

"Yes Deku?" I said leaning in closer to him causing him to get red.

"W-Well uh... if we end up going against each other, I want you to know I will go easy on you " my heart sank. This is what he wanted to tell me. I leaned back on my heels as he continued. "I just wanted you to know before we went in there and you saw I was holding back.. All Might will probably be mad, but its only right.."

I felt sick. Did he really think that little of me that he would have to hold back? I mean sure he may be stronger, but I would think he would have the same respect for me as any of the other competitors. Hell, he even showed Momo in the first round of the one on one battles... he didn't hold back with her. I stared at him and he looked like he was waiting for me to say something like thanks or whatever but all I could feel was steam coming out of my ears.

"Sure Deku. Glad to know you think that much of me" was all I could say as I stormed off. I didn't even look back as my legs pushed on into the arena. The sunlight hurting my eyes as I looked up to see the next match.

Guess Deku has nothing to worry about because I looked up to see, Ochaco Uraraka vs. Katsuki Bakugou.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 83 13
This fic is discontinued. (though i might pick it back up later. don't get your hopes up tho) - This Fanfic is based on the song "Dandelions" By Ruth...
9.4K 413 75
Stripped away from her home, Hina Tanaka was taken to a parallel dimension by the newly established villain group 'The New Villain Alliance'. When sh...
37.2K 865 20
Quikless, normal, no heroes or quirks au Izuku Midoriya and Ochako Uraraka have been best friends since kindergarten. But when problems and high scho...
78K 2.4K 29
ษชษดแด›แด‡ส€แด‡sแด›ษชษดษขโ„ข ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ A textfic in which Bakugou texts his childhood friend for the first time in years. But they're...