The Man I Became... Because o...

By DaniAurie21

An attempt to write in first person... Lets see how that turns out. "It's been 3 years since we saw each othe... More

Reunion
What Next?
Settling In
Catching Up
Growth and Setbacks
Change...
The Truth is Out
Like Riding A Bike
BBQ A La Pond
BBQ A La Pond 2
CONVERSATIONS
Nong Yim
Wild Things
Reaffirmation
Trouble
Dinner and an Alibi
What Happened In The Night
Interviews
A Tale of Ordinary Love
Drunk And Disorderly
The Other Investigation
A Proposal
Double, Double, Toil and ...
Have Your People, Call My People...
If Only...
Movements
The Shame of A Family... Exposed
Sudden Danger
The Source of the Madness?
Evidence Of A Stalker
The Plan Within A Plan Around A Plan... Or Something Like That
Thinking About Possibilities
A Small World
Cantaloupe In A Quandary
The Decisions Tin Make
The Quiet
Unexpected Developments
A Confrontation That Took 3+ Years
A Sudden Attack... And What It Reveals
Life Bets
A Stalwart Love
P'Keng
A Familiar Face
A Tiny Step Towards Progress
Kara's Revelations
Rescue Mission Step 1: Analyzing the Enemy and Clearing the Mind
Rescue Mission Step 2: Slow And Frustrating, But What Other Choice Do We Have?
Rescue Mission Step 3: Reunion and Delusion
The Aftermath of it All
Epilogue... But Not The End
Special Chapter 1: What Happened To...
Special Chapter 2: Tin and Cantaloupe Forever
Special Chapter 3: The Dinner...
Special Chapter 4 Part 1: The Wedding
Special Chapter 4 Part 2: The Honeymoon
KenoLing Side Story 1
KenoLing Side Story 2
KenoLing Side Story 3

A Setup In Progress

2.7K 118 8
By DaniAurie21

Tin

I walk into work on Monday uncertain of what will happen... on all fronts.

If your worried, don't be. Can and I are really happy and the little issue he has dealing with is mostly because he's a sucker for a sob story. I'm going to give his some space with that man simply because without that greedy fool, I would have never had my Can in the first place but if he starts becoming a problem, I'll stomp him out quickly and quietly.

I settle in at my desk and get started on my files. I have my first assignment with my new team. We are about to attempt to acquire a new piece of land from a very stubborn old man in Phetchaburi near the seaside. It's prime hotel real estate and he's one of the few hold outs in that area.

This is important because Tul has been trying but failed miserably. He gave this to me for that very reason. If mister perfect couldn't do it then I definitely wouldn't be able to. Snort.

Anyway, we have a meeting in an hour and I want to get in the groove but I'm too distracted by what's happening . 

The the basic black cellphone sitting on my desk rings. I snatch it. In total it has about 10 numbers on it.

"Ae."

"I got served."

"Ok."

I use that same phone to call the person waiting and simply tell them "Phase 2". Then I put that phone away in the hidden sleeve in my work bag. With that done, I can focus now. 

Author Nim

A young man in a very simple yet specific courier outfit walks into the Medthanet building and asks for Tul's office. The young lady at the front desk calls his personal assistant and she immediately asks for the boy to be sent up before contacting her boss.

The young man makes his way up and in. He greets Terana nicely before entering Tul's office.

"Is this what I've been waiting for?"

"Sorry but I have no idea this time. I received it like this so I dare not look inside."

"I see. Here." The boy collected the generous tip, wai, then strolled back out. He wai again to Terana and made it into the elevator. He took a deep breath as the door closed and another when he walked out the door uninterrupted.

Tul took a moment before he opened the package as he received the call of Ae being served. 

"Boss. I'm not sure we made the right move. I know you don't really care about my opinion but when I served the papers, that black eyed guy just laughed and laughed. He's fucking scary."

"What the fuck are you saying Ling. He's just a builder."

"I'm not sure about that boss. He's really connected. His boss is married to that Baramee guy and his connections are crazy. The Daichapanya's and Panitchayasawad's are some of the richest and most connected families out there. The Kongthanin's are a very prestigious family of doctors. Phana, the Baramee guy and a few of their other friends have opened their own private practice. They all know Ae. They were all in his office when I got there."

"Wait, what? All of them?"

"Yes. There appeared to be some meeting but they were all there. And they were all very familiar with him."

"Did they say anything?" Tul wasn't nervous but he was curious.

"Baramee said he heard that Ae was going to be served but he didn't think it was true. Daichapanya's husband said we were a joke and we needed to do a proper investigation before we picked on Ae because there was no way that bottom rate statue could have been made by Ae. It was just too sub par."

Tul gritted his teeth in anger then plastered a smile on his face. "Thank you Ling but we will continue to pursue this."

Ling looked at his phone then sighed. When those fierce eyes had landed in him, his soul had shivered and not in a good way. That man was dangerous. "You just better know what your doing Boss. That's all I'm saying."

Tul pondered the phone call for a second then cast all that information aside. He was sure those people didn't have the time to get involved in this small issue. Before you know it, Ae would be fired and on his own and his reputation would be so bad that no one would want to buy his work. He had messed with the wrong family.

Tul smiled, pleased with his own conclusions, and picked up the package. He opened it and pulled out three papers and a typed note.

The note simply said, "Be careful or I might just use these." 

Tul blinked then looked at the papers. They weren't sequential and the matters were unrelated but the information hinted at was quite clear.

Tul's blood ran cold. 

Ping

Tul looked at his computer and saw an email appear on his personal address from some unknown nobody account. 

It was a picture of a file box that just said Medthanet along with the words, "Oh wait. There's more."

"Fuck!" Tul grabbed everything, took a deep breath, then walked out of his office and went to find his father.

In an internet cafe, a young man signed out of a fake account and walked away. He was properly covered and wore thin and stylish gloves. The person on the counter didn't even give him a glance. 

In his office, Ae continued his talks with the very important people in front of him and the sprawling ranch style house they wanted to build in China. Kit had apparently inherited some land from an uncle who held him as a favorite. It was in a beautiful spot and quite private. They weren't in a hurry so Ae knew he wouldn't be leaving Pete any time soon. He had at least a year before he and his team would touch Chinese soil.

"So what's the next phase of your plan with the Medthanet's?" Montree asked once the meeting was done. He was super curious.

"Wait and see babe," Rend answered for Ae and he ushered his husband outside. Mon rolled his eyes then waved at Ae and Forth as he argued with Rend. Once they were gone, Beam turned to Ae.

"You know I couldn't resist right."

"I know." Ae said softly as he looked at the service papers. there was a knock on the door then Pinnie walked in. He nodded to Forth and Beam before dropping into one of the chairs and twiddling his fingers. Ae passed the documents.

Used to Pinnie's behaviour, Forth just chatted with Ae while Beam stared at the man. Once he had satisfied himself, he cleared his throat and both men stopped chatting to look at him.

"It's clear that the intention of this is to grind Ae's face in the dirt. They want you to be in despair. Desperate for work and friends."

"Oh? As if I didn't see that coming."

"Did you make the move?" He slipped the documents back into their envelope and packed them into his briefcase.

"Yes."

"Ok and everything is set up for tonight?" He confirmed.

"Yes."

"Fine. Is your station ready Mr. Beam?"

"Beam is fine. We're ready. We even plan to put out some well placed leaks to other credible sources."

"Ok great. I'll deal with this on a more legal front." He tapped his briefcase.

"Your coffee sir." Josie walked in with a tall mug.

"Oh wonderful. Thank you." One sip and he suddenly went from this short tempered person to weeping in gratitude. Once he was satisfied, he looked at Ae.

"Do you intend to go all the way?"

"The thing is, if they push me beyond a certain point, I wouldn't have much of a choice. Once it's out, then it's out and there is no way that we'll be able to take it back. The question should be do I think they will push me that far?"

Pinnie nodded. Ae knew he hadn't yet caught up so he wasn't too worried.

"Do you think they would?"

"They will."

He blinked then grinned. "It's always great to go after giants like them. I can't wait."

"You say that like you do it all the time." Beam commented.

Pinnie grinned fiercely. 

"If I act it then some sucker just might believe it."

Tin

The meeting started fine. My team consists of 5 people including me. Jesi, a sulky, bitchy type guy with the face of an angel and the loyalty of a dog. I chose him out of hundreds and haven't regretted it since. Min, your standard long legged beauty with the mind of a shark and zero tolerance for men. She appreciates Jesi and I because we treat her with the respect she deserves and have no interest in her panties. Then there's Rick and Sana. They both were chosen by me for their capabilities but also because they spy for my brother.

That keep your enemies close thing has been working for me really well.

"Mr. Srisuk is very willing to entertain us. I've informed him that Tul has been pulled off his account to deal with another matter and that we are now responsible for this matter. I also made it clear that while you are Tul's younger brother, you are not the same and he should expect different things from you."

"Thank you Min. What are his expectations?"

"He says he has none and he simply looks forward to chatting with us. All of us."

I nodded. I always present my entire team.

"Wait all of us?" Sana suddenly realized.

"That's right. We will all be going to see the land under discussion as well as the man who owns it. Is that a problem?"

"Oh no. I actually have some family in that area. We could stay with them?" I ignore the fact that she suddenly remembers she has family there. This is our third meeting after all.

"You want us to impose on your family?" Jesi gave her a displeased look.

"No idiot. Auntie owns a bed and breakfast. She has about 20 rooms and she offers breakfast and lunch. If we move fast we can book rooms. Only thing we have to spend for is dinner."

"Great. Aim for five rooms max, 2 rooms minimum. Rick, you'll check out the best places to eat."

"You got it." While the two were surprised that I was willing to get them individual rooms, they were sure it wouldn't be approved. That never happens here. Until it happened. I knew that the price of the rooms would be much cheaper than a hotel. Three nights for all of us plus dinner wasn't even close to straining the budget. 

"Holy shit! We just used the same amount as what covers the cost of a one night stay at a hotel with only 2 rooms booked. This is great. We should go this route more often." Rick smiled. This way we would all get to travel together without hindrance. It wasn't often that the entire team got to make a move. Usually it was only the team leader. Jesi and Min didn't seem at all surprised that Tin was including them. They were regulars on his team as well so this meant they were always included when he made a move. Now I could get the same treatment. This is too great!

Rick side eyed Sana who was looking a little shell shocked as well. Maybe what they had heard about Tin wasn't 100% accurate.

Did that mean the statue outside was more honest that they knew?

The door burst open just as I was about to speak about transportation options. We all turned, astonished to find Tul, chest heaving, standing there.

"I wish to speak with Tin." He said dismissively.

"We are having an important meeting." I was just as dismissive. I knew why he was here and I was going to make him work for it a little.

"You little fucker. You think I don't know that your a part of this?!" The fact that Tul was loosing his cool was a rare show and I was gleeful. Whatever Ae had sent must be so insanely good to get him this riled up.

"Pardon?" I looked at Tul like he had lost his mind. That look always made him grind in anger.

"I said get out! I wish to speak to my brother!" Even worse, they all looked at me, unmoving. Rick and Sana would have jumped up already but it seemed that I had managed to impress them somehow. That would gal him even more.

"We'll reconvene in an hour. Get lunch then head back here." I said to them. It was around that time anyway.

They all walked out, Jesi giving Tul a disdainful sniff. He couldn't stand the fucker. 

Once the door closed, Tul strode forward. I stood, walked behind my desk and sat before he could get there. It was a power play move he would use and I refused to give him the chance.

"You created this mess. Clean it up."

"You act like I care enough about you to actually do things that would hurt you in some way. You mean nothing to me. Not enough to love and sure as hell not enough to hate." It was true. Can wanted this so Can would get what he wanted. That was it.

 Tul knew what I said was true but at the moment he couldn't think of who else hated him this much. Tul really was a man who was well loved and connect.

Unless... 

But she wouldn't have enough spine to do something like this. Besides she was completely under his control. Wasn't she? Did she suddenly begin caring about him?

Tul eyed his brother and shook his head. None of this made sense to him. Besides this information was so well buried. Who did he know that would be able to dig it out?

"If your finished staring at me, you can leave. I would like to eat in peace and your presence tends to give me acid reflux."

"I'll get to the bottom of this." Tul warned me.

"Uh huh." I wasn't impressed. The door closed behind him and Apple walks in with my lunch not five seconds after. I eat and wait. On my last bite Apple rings the intercom. 

"Your father wishes to see you in his office."

"I'm sure. If the team returns and I'm not back yet, just tell them to pick their preferred mode of transportation and organize it. I'm down for anything."

"Of course."

I get to the old man's desk in no hurry. He makes me wait but I'm used to it. I play a few rounds of Best Fiends. Can got me hooked on this and now I'm stuck on level 368. 

"You may go in."

I look at the woman my father occasionally beds and smirk before I walk in. 

"I understand that you have been trying to upset your brother..."

"You understand wrong." I interrupt him. It doesn't happen often so he knows I'm serious. "I don't have time for Tul. If I wanted to upset him, I would have taken my rightful place and kicked his ass and yours out then sold the company to the highest bidder. If you piss me off, I may still do that. Stop trying to piss me off with whatever nonsense is happening. If you know you can't handle it then tell me and I'll just be the fall guy who destroy's Medthanet Inc. No problem."

He looks at me for a long time then sits back.

"You really aren't a part of this." It's a question posing as a statement.

"What is the this we're speaking of anyway. Tul was never clear." He blinks in surprise.

"Tul didn't say."

"He just stormed in and asked me if I did it. He was never clear on what it was. Frankly my team was quite shocked. He needs to watch himself or people will actually start to think he's fake." I'm smirking now because it's expected and I want to anyway because whats a little muddy water between family?

"Did you hire the artist going by the name Intouch to create that monstrosity in front of our building."

"No and if I hired Ae I would want his best work. Ae would never create such a monstrosity as you put it. The man is a genius." I smirk inwardly at the irony of me praising Ae. "He would never create something as basic as that statue. Even you have admired his work. At Rit's event last month you were practically salivating over the statue in his front hall."

My father blinks. I can literally see him mentally comparing the two pieces of work and finding the one bellow us wanting drastically. 

"I'll speak to Tul."

"I have work." I stroll out before he can dismiss me but I usually do. The man nauseates me. Maybe even more than Tul does. That man is stone cold.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 819 41
A Pete and Vegas AU story. Pete was an average student. Was. It all started when he met the slim man, Vegas, who would change his life forever. For...
98.9K 3.5K 34
Pete - "Let's break up" Ae - "Why?! I can't live without you! Please don't leave me😭" Pete - "Can you give me another chance? 😒" Ae - "So you can d...
30.9K 1.2K 33
PETE All my life I had been taught to be honorable, to do what was expected of me. Today I went against it all. Smart and tall, Vegas appeared in...