A Lesson Or A Blessing.

By princessdeeja

Muneenah yaseer sheikh, I don't promise you a bed filled with roses, I also don't expect you to expect a tub... More

prologue
Introduction.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
MID SQUEEZE🌹
41
42
43
44
45
46

17

346 49 140
By princessdeeja

Shadeeyerhoo got the answer to the previous chap's question and yeah, khadijah loves amala!!

hafceeibraheem was skeptical though she mentioned it too.

Ameey_Hashim your comments made my nights entirely.

Here to all my morning birds!!

Previously on IELB
So basically, the inmates of the ghazaali mansion had made certain plans to make omar and nina to be in a room,with jammed doors, and omar actually called her a 'baby' as a result of her lack of 'r' watcha think about their 'little convo'? .

Read on,

Sass,

Dark,

Real.

"6" she counted as he moved towards the wall .

"7" she said again when he moved back.

He had being moving to and fro for now 7 oscillations as she counted as if he had eaten a dog's leg.

He suddenly resembled the string in her class 10 physics experiment.

Claiming he had an important meeting, and the funny part was that he didn't even take his bath talk more of getting prepared for a meeting.

"Shut up" he turned towards her.

"Hnwerey" she said and he felt the sudden urge to strangle her, that word was so annoying and he could swear by Allah that it had no absolute meaning, but it was annoying as having even the slightest obstructions while watching TV, couldn't she see he was stuck with her? couldn't she see he had a meeting.

Huffing almost inaudibly, he paced more, to and fro.

"8" she continued.

He shook his head before making way into the en-suite, with a percussive bang .

She didn't even flinch at the sound.

Getting up from her position, she went towards the adjoined lounge room and took out her velvet blue notepad which was beneath the throw pillows on the couch.

She paced her fingers on the well trumped up cover of it, it was fluffy and so soft, it was the best thing she touched to ease her tensions, looking at the book alone reminded her of so many things and brought back a lot of memories.

He exited the bathroom to take flip-flops as he had realized he entered without those, and he knew her ridiculous attempts to annoy him was the reason, as far as he knew, he never forgot to take his slippers when going into the rest room.

He couldn't deny the random minute changes that were occurring all because of her.

And the most vexatious thing was, most of the time she did talk, she was either talking to her self which annoyed him or referring to an inanimate object which as well jumbled his imaginations more.

What was he saying? Inanimate?

No! She just talked with nothing or no one to receive or take in from the other end, it made it worse, cause even if he outcries, it wouldn't make any sense seeing she didn't imply she was referring to him, even if he were to take her to court which he was hoping his sanity would be kept intact till then, no lawyer would hold her for talking to not him.

It was like a story he came across of a traveller who inscribed a statement on the wall God punish queen elizabeth, only to be taken to the court for him to say, there was no full stop in the sentence meaning it wasn't complete, going back to the wall, he added an apostrophe with an s God punish queen elizabeth's enemies. No one had a say to that!

And no, it wasn't the implications of english symbols and glyphs that allowed faruk to think much about that story, it was the connection between that traveller and muneenah, they might be siblings.that aside, he knew she'd have done same thing if not worse, so taking her to the court was out of option.

his mind diverted from his willy nilly and absurd thought when his eyes willfully arrested her presence.

He watched as she paced her fingers around a book, there was something about that book, something mysterious that he wanted to find out at any cost.

For the first time, he took time to notice- notice her. She was short, like extremely short, perhaps he was exaggerating that, but compared to his height, she was merely at his chest. She was a little bit chubby, she wasn't at all flabby, she was sated, like full everywhere, the only thing that could be used to describe her was that small sized fanta bottle.

True, that second look could be counted as noticing her but looking at her in a more closely and scrutinizing manner, he realized she was a lady that certainly would make an array of men drool.

There was something so dominating and indeed noticeable about her aura that made him stare.

Her tropical ebony elites were hazardous,they had a tinge of a past, a tinge of deepness, an ounce of mystery.

Yet you wouldn't realize that till you give her a second look.

Her nose stood with pride at the midpoint of her splendid rear allotrope of a carbon shaped face, not taking much space, small and minute yet pointed and charismatic.

Her lips shaped and naturally outlined seated comfortably admits her slightly flabby looking cheeks, her colour was so rear, something he had never witnessed.

Her jaw lines traced yet not quite visible.

Her cheeks

Her canopy like lashes

Her tiny heart shaped lips

Her large eyes,

Her eyes were pretty large.

Was he doing the right thing?

He had totally forgotten he was staring at her, until she turned and that was when he realized his anger has cool off pretty well and he could simply stand and continue what he was doing.

Staring at her .

What was a meeting?

He felt the sudden urge to protect her, he suddenly felt he wanted to know each and every story of her life, each and every complications of it, he wanted to find out what was behind those cryptical elites of hers. Why was she complicated as hell?

She blinked her eyes and he could swear by Allah she had hypnotised him, with the way she blinked, if she was to ask anything, he would give her.

Though he wasn't quite able to read her, he knew there was a secret behind her frown, a secret behind her gruffness and a secret behind her strange personnel.

She tilted her head and raised a brow in question, he shook his head, wore the flip flops and got back into the bathroom.

Gripping the basin, he stared at the mirror.

"Control your self" he stared at his self in the mirror.

"she's not your concern" he muttered again.

Splashing water on his face, he realized he had a long way to go, cause she sure made certain memories flash through his brain. And she sure made certain pages of a rough book turned.

#############
Nigeria, Abuja.
February 2010
Area 11, fredy close.

The room was surrounded with darkness,
The chair rocked back and forth as the cling sound invaded the silent atmosphere of the room.

The puffy unpleasant smell of cigarette moved across the room polluting it entirely.

The paper roll of the cigarette sat elegantly between his teeth, his nose blared, ears moved as he listened from the mobile held between his fingers.

"Sir, we still couldn't find her, shes left no traces at all" the man at the other end said.

He reclined further, straightening his shoulders, tilting his head to touch his shoulders by right, he did the same to the left side making his muscles to crack.

His eyes which was closed flashed open, his red unparalleled eyes widening at the news yet his composure was intact.

His laughter vibrated round the corners of the room, he didn't reply.

"I give you till the end of this month" was all he said before switching the mobile and tossing it to the bed.

He whistled in a rhyme.

A whistle that turned her life downside up.

###########

So basically, after mariya had made sure the 'couple' spent 'quality time' with each other.

She unlocked the door brazenly grinning and cat walking, earning a glare from faruk, she never stopped grinning and that was how she sashayed away with no guilt whatsoever.

She planned on making more plans till she eventually finds out the reason for their marriage.

Way to go. She inwardly cheered herself.

"Ummee, good morning" she muttered to her mum as she poked her head into the kitchen.

"Morning, how are you feeling?" Umee questioned flipping the pancake she was frying before calling out to her one of her maids.

"Hani"

She came rushing.

"Ummee good morning" she greeted bowing her head in respect.

Hani had being with them since a long time and being the nice young girl she was, she coped pretty well with the inmates of the house.

" where were you? Come and make these pancakes" she said and hani did as told though she had to give a pointed look at mariya who was trying to stifle her laughter,it was about some remark they made about ummee not ever making a complete breakfast without hani's help.

Mariya was supporting while hani was denying.

Umeee left them both, as she made her way out.

"Hani" mariya called.

"Yes, ukhtee?"

"I'm craving samosa" mariya said giving her one of those best puppy eyes.

Hani laughed heartily, "I see, so what do you want me to do?" She questioned as she placed more batter into the pan.

"Please, pretty please, can you make it for me?" Mariya questioned.

"Right away ma'am" she saluted. Mariya laughed.

Faruk descended the steps hastily, and the sound alone made mariya to rush out of the kitchen to stage another drama.

She watched as he moved so fast towards the front door as if trying to escape her or as if a group of bumblebees were trying to catch up with him, but she anyway caught up with him just when he held the door knob.

" mowglee" she called.

He halted and turned to glare at her. "What?" He gritted.

And oh, how he started answering that name?! Was a whole chapter on it's own.

She shrugged, "respect! I'm the big sis here" she reminded.

Something about big sisters was that they could bully to their heart's content even when the junior brother's look bigger than them. And this wasn't any other big sister, she was mariya!.

She didn't smell trouble,

That girl was real trouble!! The trouble itself.

"What?--" he paused

Ukhtee?" he questioned rather calmly cause the next thing he knew and wouldn't want to face was her quoting verses and hadith about respect to the elders.

Elder!!

"Food, wont you eat?" She asked.

"I'm late" he simply said, he was not going to start explaining how he was locked in a room, by her! She already knew.

The irony of it all.

"Okay! We will bring it to your---" before she finished he caught her off.

"No! I'll eat". Going by the time she, arfah, areefah, and amyrah had gotten food for him to the office, in a lunchbox, a PINK one at that, as if he was a child, no scratch that,as if he was some 6 year old princess freak,he would prefer eating first at home. He was so glad the triple were at school if not he wouldn't have imagined how terrible his breakfast would be.

He made his way into the dinning room with mariya at his back trying hard to stifle her laughter.

They both sat down.

"Soo akhee?" She called.

He rose his head as he dropped his fork on his plate.

"How was your night?" She questioned. he picked up his fork as he realized it wasn't a serious question.

"normal" he replied.

"Just normal?" She asked and he shrugged.

He continued to eat his meal.

"Faruk?" She questioned again.

And knowing quite too well Mariya never called him faruk, 'never', unless once in a while when she was in the serious adda mode.

He paused and looked at her, her eyes were casted his way, and all of a sudden, her eyes looked teary.

Something was definitely wrong somewhere in his family's gene.

How can someone change so fast, she was nagging him, just what? Some seconds ago.

"You know, whenever I act as a pest to you, I just want to know what's in you, what you're thinking" she said calmly.

"I know it hasn't been normal since that day, but not only for you, for us also" her voice suddenly broke and she immediately blinked away the tears that formed in her eyes.

"Let's forget about that, I don't know really the reason behind your marriage with muneenah" She looked up to him.

"I don't know why suddenly you didn't marry that arshlee girl, you only brought a girl from nigeria who we don't even know about" she chuckled.

"Oh what am I even saying? We know nothing that goes on in your life, but you know what?" She continued

"This girl muneenah, there's something peculiar about her, I'm good at picking out someone good--"

"Even as I don't know her, I know she's good enough, I can see that, all you need to do is to keep her"

He got up from his seat and went over to her

He hugged her "insha Allah" was all he said but inwardly he was processing what she just said.

It wasn't that easy, oh mariya, it wasn't at all.

"I'll leave now" he said before kissing her temples. He made his way towards the door, only to meet a certain nikabi at the door making him to halt.

He looked at her eyes which were the only organs visible, but didn't talk and simply went out.

Off Course, after giving her that look.

He skipped there without them both talking and just the little conversation she had 'mistakenly' heard, she learnt a lesson.

'Perhaps what we see from the outside is not what it is from the inside,we won't know, till we give a chance'.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁
As-salaamu alaykum.

How you?

Fav part in this chap?

So if 'faruk muhammad ghazaali' was to be a word in a dictionary, who could define it?

Question of the day.
Watchaa think is khadijah's weakness (kinda girly weakness).
A) curly hair or any kinda hair.
B) pointed nose.
C) pink lips
D) side burns.
E) beard.

who's ready for a tad bit of fun? Ride on.

Khadijah🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553K 24.3K 41
He was the Man who preferred darkness. She was the Woman who preferred brightness. He preferred Loneliness. She preferred Togetherness. He had suf...
132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
599K 31.9K 54
💞Winner of Infinity Awards 2018👑💞 Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
27.7K 1.2K 19
"Go and meet your bride, son. She is waiting in my room. She is on fire." Di said smiling and I sighed smiling while all just laughed. "The time I t...