Falling Slowly ⤖ Roger Taylor...

By candyappletree

"There were some things set in stone in the world: the sky was blue, the grass green and you loved Roger Tayl... More

Did I Just Say That Out Loud?
Some Guy, But Not This Loser
I'm Not With You
Is She Here To Stay?
Rog, Are You Jealous?
Too Close
Are You Crying ?
Just Talk To Him
Sorry For Being A Bitch, Rog
Don't Say His Name
She Awakens
I Had A Dream About You
She's My Girl
I'll Remember This
He's Going To Her
A Man Can Dream
She's Different
Is It About Ava?
A Pretty Girl, Rog
An Asshole That You Kissed
I'm Gonna Tell Her
Lucky Me Then
Can I Go First?
Everything you need
Inevitable What Happens
Don't Give Up On Us
You Look Like Shit
You're all mine

I Don't Dance

2.3K 71 52
By candyappletree

You stood there silently, staring at Brian, Joe and Freddie. The only sound in the room was the lingering of the cymbal you had hit so embarassingly with your leg in your attempt to get off Roger's lap. The room was quite until John, obviously, broke the silence "Well come on then. We've got an album to finish recording tonight!"

Freddie nodded in agreement, hopping into the room with much more enthusiasm than necessary, obviously in an attempt to break the awkward silence.

"Right" You spoke, and stepped out of his way, taking one look at Roger as you walked out. He was looking everywhere except you and you wanted to ask why and talk about what happened but you decided to let it go for now.

Everyone returned to their positions and resumed playing. They had finished recording their second album ever, and in a few days the release party was going to be held. For now, they were just going over any minor or significant changes they wanted to do to the tracks.

You watched as they discussed changes. You mainly watched Roger. You saw his gaze flicker to yours in between and to your surprise, instead of looking away, he smiled at you. You were so taken aback by that that you just stared. Were things going to go back to normal? You felt extremely awkward but he seemed all right. Were you just going to pretend that five minutes ago you weren't on his lap and about to kiss? You really hoped that won't be the case.

The studio phone rang and it was Miami calling you to ask their progress.

"It's actually going pretty good, they're agreeing about stuff surprisingly" You told him and he sighed "Thank god. I called because we got a last minute gig at the pub on fifth avenue"

"A gig?" You asked "Is this the best time for one? I mean they're recording and on their way to becoming international superstars. Won't a local pub taint that image?"

"They started out from a local pub, so I think this might be perfect timing. For publicity purposes, it works, doesn't it? Think about it. There's going to tons of press at the venue" Miami explained and you nodded, even though he couldn't see you.

"You're right. I'll inform the boys" And then you went and told the band your decision. They all agreed and as you looked around the room, you tried to not let your eyes linger on Roger longer but you were fooling yourself, and everyone else, when you avoided looking at him altogether.

"We're almost done in here anyway. If there's going to be press, I'm going home and taking a shower.We just need to get the equipment there" Brian told you and you nodded, arranging a van for them.

Freddie started to head out and you smiled at him but he touched your arm and pulled you closer.

"What we just walked in on- was it what I think it was? Were you two gonna kiss?" He asked, lowering his voice and you wanted to roll your eyes because even if they couldn't hear you, it was clear what you were talking about. You could feel Roger's eyes on you as you talked to Freddie.

"No Freddie, we were going to start breakdancing" You said, sarcastically. You were casual and nonchalant, as if just the mere memory of being so close to Roger's face didn't make your heart beat faster.

"Well, then remind me to kill Brian" Freddie said, disappointed and walked out. You agreed with him. If Brian hadn't walked in, you and Roger would definitely have...done things.

Brian and John followed Freddie out the door, carrying their guitars with them and then there was Roger. He looked at you sheepishly before walking towards you and said "Will you get the kit in the van?"

You nodded "Do you want me to come with it?"

Roger always had the most equipment so you would trasport it in a van. Since his drumset was so precious to him, he never trusted anyone but you to ride with it and make sure it reached in one place. It wasn't really part of your job description, but that was the least you could do for him.

"I'll see you there?" He said, more of a question and you could see uncertainty on his face.

"Yes" You said simply and he nodded, before heading out. You wanted to say much more, but the band was waiting outside. You would just have to wait to talk to him again.

You reached the venue in a few hours, riding in the back of the van with Roger's stuff and looking at the kit only reminded you of how he was teaching you to play earlier.

You got out of the van, and some men from the venue helped you unload it. You headed inside and spotted Roger at the bar already, a drink in his hand.

"You're here" He said, noticing your presence.

"Well, you could be a bit more excited" You joked, grabbing the seat next to him.

"Do you wanna know the strangest thing?" He said, turning to face you. You thought he might refer to your almost-kiss but he didn't.

"I actually have nerves. Like pre show jitters. Probably cause of the media" Roger laughed, and took a sip of his drink.

It didn't seem like it was the right time or place to talk about you two. He was nervous, and as his friend, you could be there for him.

"Does that happen often?" You asked, getting a drink for yourself.

"Hardly ever" He shook his head.

"Well, you're amazing" You said and he turned to look at you "At drums I mean. You're so talented, Rog. What do you even have to be afraid of? Every man in this joint wishes he was you and literally every girl here wants to go to bed with you"

He smiled at that and said "Every girl?"

"I'm being serious, stop joking around" You said, poking him "You just need some liquid courage"

"I can't believe you're telling me all this" He said, laughing into his glass.

"You need to lighten up" You explained and slid your glass to him as well.

He eyed you and said "I doubt you should be encouraging this"

You turned completely on your bar stool, facing him, and kept your hand on his shoulder.

"Even if you play really bad, you have a pretty face so they'll love you for sure" You reassured and he gaped at you.

"God, you're not helping me" He said. You looked around the pub. It was still mostly empty but loud music was playing and most people were seated across scattered tables.

"How long till you guys play?" You asked Roger suddenly.

"About ten minutes, why?" He asked, suspicious of the way you looked excited.

"That's enough time. Get up, we're going dancing" You said and hopped off your stool.

"What? No" He said immediately and you saw panic in his eyes as you tugged at his arm.

"Roger, you do this now or I swear I'll drag you all the way to the floor. I'm not stopping" You ordered him.

"I hate dancing, what makes you think it'll help me calm down?" He asked, still not budging from the stool.

"Well, because you've clearly never danced with me!" You told him and tugged him again.

"If you don't dance with her, I will" A man said from the bar and you laughed as Roger glared at him.

"Fine" He huffed and got up "Can't believe I'm doing something so silly"

You grinned, happy that he'd finally given in and took his hand. You dragged him till the dance floor and it was just the two of you. Since it was in the center of the pub, everyone's eyes were on you.

"This is so bad" Roger mumbled, looking around as you both stumbled onto the dance floor.

"Gosh, Roger. I used to think I complained a lot but look at you now"

You weren't sure what came over you but you took his hands in yours and placed them on your waist. You slung your arms around his neck and smiled at him.

"How drunk are you?" He asked, clearly very uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"Oh, I'm completely sober" You said and twirled. He laughed as he spun you around. The worst possible song was playing and you could feel the crowd's gaze on you.

"This song is so bad!" Roger cried, leaning in so you could hear him better.

"Are you kidding me?" You yelled "Its bloody amazing!"

He laughed again as you demonstrated a few moves and he willingly spun you around. He spun you way too fast and you hit his chest, making him stumble back with your weight.

"Oi! Try not to kill our drummer before the show?" Brian yelled from the bar and you put up your middle finger at him.

"I can't believe I'm doing this" Roger said again, as you moved around on the dance floor. It seemed like things between you two would be fine, but it was torturous pretending the kiss didn't almost happen. Perhaps Roger could shrug it off as being caught in the moment with you, but you couldn't. You wanted nothing more than to do that as you looked up at him laughing, red on his cheeks while you jumped around the floor, his hair swaying behind him. If being with him like this meant you'd have to put your feelings aside, you were prepared to do that.

He looked behind you and said "There's a girl here who looks just about ready to kill you"

"Oh well" You shrugged "I'd like to see if her left hook is as good as mine"

Roger stared at you in awe before saying "Why do you always have to be so violent?"

"Coming from you, that's rich" You teased, moving closer to him.

Roger looked at the crowd, some of whom were cheering for you, and then back at you.

"God, you're incredible" He spoke softly, but you heard him, a small smile making its way onto your lips.

"Do you feel any better now?" You asked, smiling up at him.

"I want to say no just to piss you off, but I'd be lying" He said and you laughed. You saw Freddie grinning at you from the side before he walked towards you.

"I hate to interrupt but we have a show to start" He spoke and to your disappointment, you pulled away from Roger.

Roger turned to wave at you before he left with him.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Roger finally said, to Freddie as they made their way backstage.

Freddie had been constantly grinning, side eyeing Roger as they walked.

"You know why, darling" Fred said and Roger rolled his eyes "Did you talk to her about that night?"

Roger shook his head "We agreed I won't, didn't we? I like things the way they are now, with her. I don't want to end up changing that in some way. If she finds out she made out with me when she was drunk, things will definitely change"

"But I mean you did also almost make out with her when she was sober too today. She seemed okay with that" Freddie said.

"Well, I don't really know Fred" Roger sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"What do you want to do?" Freddie asked.

"Can we talk about it after the show?" Roger asked and Freddie nodded "Of course"

You made your way towards the stage, and the pub had filled up with cameramen and a lot of young adults. The band came onstage and you cheered the loudest. Brian introduced everyone, and as soon as he said Roger's name, the pub erupted in a cheer. The girls next to you were jumping like crazy and your eyes went towards Roger, to see how he would react. He was used to this, obviously. Every gig they went to, ten girls would be squeezed against the stage just to get a closer look at Roger. He would give them a dazzling smile and possibly pick out which one he wanted to take home that night.

But tonight, his eyes were locked onto yours. He was staring at you, out of everyone there, and even though you were used to the eye contact that you always made with him while he performed, you couldn't help but feel like this time was different.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 1K 23
You've been trapped in the Amazing Digital Circus for a while now but you, like everyone else, still haven't found a way to escape. You've convinced...
699 42 8
|| The heart of Home, Wally Darling, becomes reclusive suddenly. And a once-welcoming neighborhood is now a shell of itself. Trying to find safety in...
19.3K 727 110
Happening between the year of 1971 and 2000, this story follows the first known Roger Taylor's groupie and how she wasn't exactly a groupie. The life...
40.4K 727 14
↳ 𝗕𝗢𝗛𝗘𝗠𝗜𝗔𝗡 𝗥𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗦𝗢𝗗𝗬 ♫ ₊˚. ʀᴏɢᴇʀ ᴛᴀʏʟᴏʀ 𝔁 ꜰᴇᴍ! ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ❝ we're family; we believe in each other.❞ જ⁀➴ 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 yo...