Falling Slowly ⤖ Roger Taylor...

By candyappletree

"There were some things set in stone in the world: the sky was blue, the grass green and you loved Roger Tayl... More

Did I Just Say That Out Loud?
Some Guy, But Not This Loser
I'm Not With You
Is She Here To Stay?
Too Close
Are You Crying ?
Just Talk To Him
Sorry For Being A Bitch, Rog
Don't Say His Name
She Awakens
I Had A Dream About You
I Don't Dance
She's My Girl
I'll Remember This
He's Going To Her
A Man Can Dream
She's Different
Is It About Ava?
A Pretty Girl, Rog
An Asshole That You Kissed
I'm Gonna Tell Her
Lucky Me Then
Can I Go First?
Everything you need
Inevitable What Happens
Don't Give Up On Us
You Look Like Shit
You're all mine

Rog, Are You Jealous?

2.5K 70 100
By candyappletree

People had slowly started trickling into the bar as happy hour started and within minutes, the bar was crowded. You sat there a few minutes, by yourself and saw Roger walk onstage to set up his drums. He was wearing a vest and his chest was exposed. Soft music was playing in the back and you had your eyes on the stage, following Roger and Freddie's movements as they paced around, checking everything. They seemed pretty nervous, since this was only their fourth or fifth appearance together as Queen. You saw Kristina walk out from backstage, her hair now neatly in place and her lipstick back on as she grabbed the stool next to you.

"John wants you backstage" She said, leaning against the bar, her dress not leaving much to the imagination. She definitely wasn't wearing a bra, or maybe she was and Roger threw it off somewhere. You shook your head as if to shake away that very disturbing thought.

"What for?" You asked her.

"I don't know" She said, and turned her attention to the bartender. You sighed and got up, walking towards the stage. You quickly made your way to the dressing room and saw the four boys talking to each other.

"I'm sorry, am I interuppting a pep talk?" You asked, laughing and they turned to look at you.

"Y/N, you're all the pep talk we need" John said, extending his arms towards you.

"Shut up Deaky, we get it, you have a huge crush on her" Roger groaned.

"You're just upset you didn't come up with that first" John said, shooting Roger a look. You went and hugged Deaky. Brian was pacing back and forth, trying to tune his guitar. You walked over to him "You need to relax Bri"

You grabbed his arms and told him to take a deep breath. You felt Freddie's arms around your stomach and he whispered loudly "Let us hope you will be our good luck charm"

You laughed and Deaky joined the hug.

All three of the boys squeezed you in tighter and you laughed "You'll be late for your own show"

They pulled away from you, letting you breath and you turned to face the stage from the sides.

"Don't I get a hug?" You heard and you turned to see Roger. His drumsticks were tucked in his jeans pocket and he raised an eyebrow towards you.

"Don't you have Kristina for that?" Brian teased and Roger glared at him

"And a lot more than a hug" You added, smiling.

"Fine, piss off" Roger said, annoyed and walked away.

"Aw, Roger, don't be such a child" You said and went towards him. He turned away, annoyed and you grabbed his biceps, turning him around. He had an angry expression on, his features scrunched up and he looked absolutely adorable. You wrapped your arms around his waist and rested your head against his chest, forcing him into an embrace.

"Don't be nervous, you'll be great today" You said and he pulled you in closer for a tighter hug. You felt his arms wrap around your body and he slowly breathed in.

"I hope so" He said softly, his anger falling away.

"And even if you're not, I'm pretty sure all the girls here will go crazy just the same" You said and he laughed.

"Of course they will" He said, pulling away from your warmth. You looked up at him and cleared your throat, stepping back.

"You should go join Kristina out front" He told you.

"Wouldn't want to miss the show" You said, wished them luck and went to join the crowd. They started playing one of their early songs: Doing All Right and you could feel the audience swaying around. Freddie was in his element, singing and being his wild self onstage and soon, more and more people had turned to watch them perform.

You were focused on Brian mostly, he had been the most nervous but quite literally, he was doing all right. Once on stage, it seemed like he got the hang of it. Your eyes drifted towards Roger a few times but you forced yourself not to look.

You didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

You were very close to Roger and you had had really strange thoughts about him the past few weeks. He was, after all, the sex appeal of the band and the funniest of the lot. You could also almost imagine a world where you didn't work for the band and was one of his groupies instead. Just a random girl he hooked up with after a show and never called again. It was good that you weren't one of those. Roger was an amazing person to know and you wouldn't want to lose that, regardless of how nice you had felt being in his arms. When you had hugged him, it had been different than Brian, Deaky and Freddie. Way different. You couldn't explain why, or maybe you could and you didn't want to think that way.

When you had first met Roger, you were taken aback by his wit and charm. And now, dare you say, he kind of felt like your best friend.

A best friend you wanted to kiss, a part of your brain said and you pushed that away.

"Can I buy you a drink?" You heard and for a minute, you ignored it because you thought it was meant for someone else. Then someone tapped on your shoulder and you turned to see a really cute guy standing by you. You recognised him as one of the guys from your university. He had actually been in one of your psychology classes and you remember hitting it off with him.

"Um, hey. Alex, right? I'm really not in the mood for a drink, I had way too much already" You explained, apologising.

"I understand, then tell me you're in the mood for chips" He said.

"Wow, is that a trick question? Has everyone ever said no to chips?" You said and he laughed.

"You caught me" He raised his hands up in surrender and you followed him to the counter.

"So what brings you here?" You asked him as he ordered a plate of chips and dip for you.

"The band I'm working for has a gig tonight. That's them" You said, pointing towards the stage.

"Wow, they're amazing!" Alex said and you nodded.

"So does that mean you get special access to everything?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. You would have been taken aback by his rather forward approach but he was otherwise really nice. You looked towards the stage and saw Roger looking in your direction. You did a small wave to tell him you were looking back, but he turned away.

It had been a few songs later and you and Alex had bonded over your mutual love for food. You were explaining the recipe for your favourite apple pie, a rather dull conversation for the bar, but quite honestly you were having a lot of fun.

Alex had moved closer and put his arm around you as you told him how much better you would be than him in baking. You felt yourself getting more comfortable around him as time passed.

"I don't know why we didn't talk earlier" He spoke, a few drinks in. You hadn't had anything to drink so you were already feeling much better than yesterday. You knew Alex as well. He wasn't some random guy like Brandon.

"Do you wanna see their dressing room? They have some really cool costumes hung up!" You said, suddenly.

"Yeah, it's getting a bit crowded here. Let's head out over there" Alex nodded in agreement and you took his hand in yours, leading him backstage.

"Do you lure all men like this?" He asked, trailing behind you.

"No, just you" You said, in a singsong voice. You felt like being playful. You were familiar with him.

You unlocked the dressing room door, and did a little "Ta-da!"

Alex laughed and followed you inside.

"Why are we here again?" He said, looking around the room.

"I don't know, it was too loud out there" You said, shrugging and sitting up on a makeup counter.

"And what makes you think it won't be too loud in here?" He said, and you tried to downplay the suggestive tone but it was pretty clear what would happen.

"I don't remember you being this confident in class" You spoke, kicking off your heels.

"Well, I'm not usually drunk in class" He explained, stepping closer to you.

"Usually?" You questioned and he stepped even further.

"Usually" He said and he was now just inches away from you.

"I don't 'usually' do this" You told him "Just last night"

"And tonight" He continued.

You nodded and he put his hand up to your cheek. He stepped in between your legs and just as he was about to lean im, the door flung open and the band walked in.

You turned your head to the open doorway and a gaping John and Roger. You put your hands on Alex's chest and pushed him away, jumping down from the counter. John and Roger stared at you for what felt like the longest time before Roger spoke up. His face was a mix of emotions and you couldn't predict what he would do next.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" He said.

"Nothing" You said "I was just showing him around"

"And why hell is it your business? Who even are you?" Alex said, antagonized and you took his hand, pulling him back.

"It didn't look like you were showing him around right now" Roger seethed "This is our dressing room, not a fucking place to bring your hook ups"

"Whoa, Rog. Slow down" John said.

"Don't talk to her like that" Alex said, and you gripped his hand tighter.

"Please just drop it" You whispered.

"Why the hell not? I can talk to her however I want. She's not your girl" Roger said, stepping in and you felt like dying.

"Oh, then whose girl is she? Yours?" Alex said, stepping forward as well and you decided that was your cue to step in.

"Alex, please leave. I'll call you later" You said and stepped in front of him.

"Yeah, please leave" Roger mocked and you glared at him.

"If he shows you any trouble..." Alex started to say and you shook your head.

"Don't worry" You said "Just go"

Roger and John stepped out of the way as Alex walked out, glaring daggers at each other as they did. John looked at you and Roger and decided it was best to get away while he could.

That left only you and Roger standing in the room, staring at each other.

"What the hell was that Roger? He was my friend, you had no right being that rude to him" You spoke finally.

"He didn't look like your friend when he was between your legs. This is our band room, you can't just bring boys in here whenever you want"

"He was my date. You had no reason to be such an ass. And what about all the girls you bring in here? How is that any different?"

"That's not the same thing-"

"Of course it's not. Why do you even care so much?" You spoke, crossing your arms against your chest.

"I don't care, Y/N. Just show yourself out. I'll see you later" He said, looking down at his feet and you raised your eyebrows.

"I don't understand you Roger. Don't show me your double standards and then act as if I'm the one who did something wrong" You said.

"Are they done?" You heard Deaky's voice whisper from outside and you rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, we are" You answered and went out, walking past Roger.

Roger saw you walking away and groaned out loud. He had no idea why he had that unnecessary argument with you. You were right. He brought all kinds of women to the band rooms, to the gigs, to the van, to the afterparty and you never had any complaints. Not even when you caught him making out multiple times in multiple locations. You were his closest friend, apart from the boys. You accepted him for who he was and when it was turn to accept you, he yelled at you. He couldn't understand why but seeing you up close with some random guy made him feel extremely hurt, pissed and even betrayed. Freddie and Deaky walked into the room and looked at Roger sulking.

"Oh, what is it my darling?" Freddie teased and Roger glared at him.

"He kind of exploded at Y/N for bringing her date here" Deaky explained and Roger shot him a look.

"Oh, Rog honey, are you jealous?" Freddie asked.

"Shut up, Fred" Roger responded and sat down on a makeup chair.

"That would be the reasonable explanation" Deaky said.

"Who the hell asked you?" Roger retorted, sinking lower into the seat.

"Roger" Freddie said "Don't punch me, but hear me out now"

Roger looked up at Freddie with an incredulous look.

"Do you think you could, quite possibly, have developed feelings for her?"

"Fred." Deaky warned.

"No, I'm serious. I might be onto something here" Freddie said, shushing Deaky. Roger remained quite and looked up at both of them.

"Well?" Freddie asked. Kristina entered the room at that moment and threw herself onto Roger.

"Your show was so good, babe!" She yelled, sitting on his lap. Roger hugged her back and looked up at Freddie. Freddie raised his brows, obviously Roger had a hard time admitting it to himself.

"You've got it all wrong Fred" Roger mumbled and pulled Kristina in for a kiss.

"Got what wrong?" Kristina asked between kisses.

"Just shut up and kiss me. Freddie, close the door on your way out" Roger said, burying his face into her hair, and further away from Freddie's accusations.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 727 110
Happening between the year of 1971 and 2000, this story follows the first known Roger Taylor's groupie and how she wasn't exactly a groupie. The life...
46.4K 1K 23
You've been trapped in the Amazing Digital Circus for a while now but you, like everyone else, still haven't found a way to escape. You've convinced...
99.4K 2.2K 33
She never imagined becoming the assistant manager of one of the hottest rising bands in the end of the 70's, but she didn't imagined falling in love...
174K 4.9K 38
A miracle transports you back in time to 1975 glamorous London, where you run into none other than Queen, performing at a bar, in all their early glo...