UNREQUITED || p.jm / m.yg ff

Por bts-bookstore

It's hard coming to terms with unrequited love. past friend!myg x f!yn (ft. bff!pjm) college!au angst | fluff... Más

Disclaimer
Unsure and Untamed
In The Air Of The Night
Unspeakable Demands
A Promise For The Future
Bitter and Sweet
Early Departure
Too Late For Love
Fear Breaking
Soon
Acceptance
Until Then
Christmas Morning
Magical

Comforting Escape

744 21 36
Por bts-bookstore

"Please don't lose me in here, I don't think I'd make it out alive," you voiced your concern to your best friend.

You couldn't hear the beautiful sound of his laughter over the thumping music, however, you knew he had laughed thanks to the way his chest rocked and he squeezed your hand a little tighter between his bicep and his lean torso.

"It's fine, we've thrown parties like this hundreds of times, just don't drink the cool aid and always keep an eye on your cup. If you've put it down and taken your eyes off of it; it's not your drink anymore," you listened closely to his instructions.

This was your first college party and you were a little nervous, even if it was your best friends frat, you didn't usually do parties and you weren't entirely sure why you'd decided to come to this one. Jimin's invitations didn't usually extend out to you so when he invited you to come earlier in the week you were a little taken aback. Answering 'yes' felt like a  mistake on your part.

You watched while Jimin nodded to and waved at various people he passed; he had always been super extroverted and never had problems making new friends while you were a lot quieter and rarely interacted with people you didn't know.

It was a mystery how you and Jimin remained friends but you were glad you did. Seventeen years was a long time to be friends with someone. Even longer to have an unrequited crush on that same someone and for them not to notice. Jimin was endearingly, if not a little frustratingly, clueless about your secret love for him— even when the town you both grew up in could see it clearly.

"Hey, why don't you wait here and I'll go get us something to drink? It'll be easier since it's so packed," you nodded at Jimin's suggestion and let him slip away from your hands.

You regretted it instantly though when you saw how the crowd swallow him whole. Quickly, you skirted around to the outer edge of the dancing mass, leaning back against the wall, the coolness of which was a welcomed sensation thanks to how warm the room was.

A few songs passed and you began to worry for your friend, should it really take this long to navigate the crowded rooms and grab a drink? You contemplated pushing off the wall then until a figure joined you against it.

"You look as bored as I am," the voice was deep and faintly familiar.

"Who says I'm bored?" You mumbled whilst picking at your nails. Thankfully back here the crowd and volume thinned out.

"Your face was always a dead giveaway," he chuckled and you looked up then because there weren't many people that would be that brutally honest when approaching a stranger.

But a stranger to Min Yoongi, you were not.

That wasn't to say you were exactly friends; more like distant acquaintances. You had both been part of the same out-of-school basketball team but you dropped out at the beginning of junior year in high school and lost touch with the older boy as a result.

You'd always liked Yoongi, though, he was the type of guy to act cool but on the inside he was a real sweetheart; shown in the way he'd stay behind after practice to give you some more help. He always teased you for your height but now he only stood a couple inches taller than you; maybe three or four.

"Yoongi, I should've known," you chuckled slightly.

"The one and only," he smirked slightly, "what are you doing here alone? I didn't picture you as a party goer."

"That's because I'm not, I'm here with a friend."

"Oh? Well it's lovely to meet you," he made a point to shake hands with the air surrounding you and you lightly shoved his shoulder.

"Don't be mean. He went to go get us a drink, but he's been gone a while," Yoongi's eyes never left you as you spoke and the fact made you shrink into yourself a little shyly. You weren't used to attractive people so obviously eying you.

"He? So, like a boyfriend?" You noticed the way the boys jaw ticked but he almost covered the action with a swig from the green bottle in his hand.

"No, uhm— it's Jimin? You probably know him, everyone seems to," you offered him a brief smile and he seemed to relax.

"Yeah, blonde hair. Could say I've seen him around," he answered casually.

You nodded and then licked your drying lips. In your head you were praying for your best friend to make his anticipated appearance and grace you with a cold beverage.

"You haven't seen him tonight have you?"

"I can't say I have darling, but how about I get you a drink for while you wait? You look parched," you nodded thankfully and without warning Yoongi's large hand took your much smaller one, interlacing your fingers. You blushed at the action, this was probably the most you'd done with a guy that wasn't Jimin.

You'd lost track of how many times you and Jimin had cuddled, or spent the night at each other's houses but there was nothing more than that. Not between the two of you and certainly not between you and someone else. You were saving your first kiss for Jimin even if it took him a few more years to give it to you.

"Beer?" Yoongi cut through your thoughts, leaving you at the island bar to open up the drinks fridge.

"Uhm no, I don't drink alcohol," you admitted shyly which made him smile fondly.

"Cute, is Sprite okay?" You nodded and just a few seconds later the older boy was standing in front of you, popping the top of the can so you didn't have to.

"Thanks," you muttered while taking the proffered drink and then downing almost half of it in one go. You hadn't realized how truly parched you were and right now you were more thankful for Yoongi's existence than anyone else's.

"So if you're so bored, why're you here?" You asked the boy curiously, referring back to his conversation starter.

"It's my house," he smiled easily then drunk from his new bottle of beer.

"A frat boy? Why am I not surprised?" You rolled your eyes dramatically and he eyed you incredulously.

"Am I really that stereotypical?"

"As far as hot college guys go, then yeah. The fact you're part of a fraternity is not shocking at all," naturally you had a gleam in your eye and a certain playfulness in your voice that you seemed to take on anytime Yoongi was around.

"Hot college guy, huh?" He teased and you rolled your eyes again while lifting yourself up onto the counter behind you. Now you didn't have to look up at Yoongi and he could take a step closer and have a much more comfortable conversation.

You blushed at him pointing out your choice of words and just looked skywards while sipping your sprite.

"I bet I could surprise you," he then boasted confidently, making you quirk a brow.

"You think?" You smirked, raising both eyebrows in a goading way. "Do it then."

He hesitated at that and you wondered if you'd called his bluff but then he smirked.

"What do I get if I do surprise you?" He gently drummed the fingers on your exposed knee.

"The knowledge you surprised me isn't enough?" You asked in faux offense but he shook his head as if that truly wasn't enough.

"How about— a private basketball session? Like old times?" You mulled over his suggestion then nodded firmly.

"Deal," you shook hands on it and then Yoongi held your hand while helping you off of the counter top.

Like earlier he slipped his hand into yours and then guided you through the pulsating crowd, keeping you close to him at all times for what you assumed was safety purposes. You grew a little wary when he lead you up the dark staircase in the front foyer.

"That surprise you have to show me isn't in your pants, is it?" You chuckled nervously to ease your tension.

"No, it's in my room. But after that if you want to be further surprised let me know," he chuckled, giving your hand a small squeeze to let you know he was only joking.

Thinking about it now you were never sure why it was that you didn't stay in contact with Yoongi. He was always extra nice to you and good fun when you'd practice together, he was a lot better than you were at the game and still he would always pick you first to be on his team.

You missed those times.

"Welcome to the Genius Room," Yoongi announced after inputting a four digit code into a small machine and pushing on the handle-less door.

"Woah." Admittedly, you were a little surprised.

Yoongi's room was sleek and modern in design. White walls and glossy black furniture decorated the room along with a large bed with black linens. The real show stopper though, wasn't the large bed or the various bits of furnitures and decor; it was the large desk in the corner lined with devices covered in buttons and dials, a laptop, large monitor and a keyboard lined against the wall.

"We haven't even got to the surprise yet darling, calm down," he smirked down at you and you rolled your eyes despite your smile.

"I'm waiting for you to blow me away," you teased which prompted him to slip an arm around your shoulder and lead you towards the wheelie chair. Like a gentleman he pulled it out for you and then you watched in wonder while he logged onto the MacBook and then opened up a program.

"You make music?" You turned your head to look up at him while he leaned over your shoulder and you sucked in a breath when you found yourself way too close to his face for comfort.

"Yeah," he croaked softly, clearly surprised himself by how close you were.

From here you could see how one lid was a mono lid and the other was a double; an endearing fact you'd never noticed before, or how his dark roots were just beginning to show through his blonde hair. He cleared his throat and then turned his head back to the computer so you did too, deciding to ignore the loud thumping in your chest.

"Here, put these on," you quietly took the earphones from him and placed them over your head, just a moment later a dark melodic beat began to play.

You couldn't help your grin, although it was only instrumentals the song was great, much better than anything you would have guessed Yoongi would be capable of.

"This is incredible!" You told him over the music, he winced a little but the huge grin he sported remained. He reached over to pull the headphones down to your neck and you blushed upon how loudly you must have just shouted in his face. "Sorry," you mumbled.

"You like it?" He asked curiously and you nodded enthusiastically.

"Are you kidding? This is amazing, I didn't know you were interested in music production."

"There's a lot of things you don't know I'm interested in," he let out an amused breath then looked down at where your hands sat in your lap. "But yeah, it's sort of my passion outside of basketball."

You smiled softly, "you're really talented, is this your major?" He nodded with a small smile on his lips then reached over to take the headphones off of you completely and stop the music.

"Come, I have something else to show you," he stood up properly and then reached out for your hand which you now gave to him willingly.

"Are you sure this is safe?" You laughed nervously, a bad habit you were sure you'd never kick, while ducking out of the open window to join Yoongi on the barely slated tiles making up a small portion of roof over the back of the two story house.

"Of course it is, I come here all the time. I wouldn't do anything to put you in any sort of danger," he told you honestly then slipped an arm comfortably over your shoulder.

In front of you was a view of the back yard. A large half paved space with a pool and shed on one side and then tables and a BBQ on the other.

There were almost no people outside due to the slight chill in the air which made it easier to focus on the couple below. They were pretty close, the blonde girl had her back pressed against the side of the shed while the silver haired boy held her by her hips and pressed lingering kisses to her lips. You sighed softly, enough for Yoongi not to notice while he focused on the night sky but when the boy turned his head into the direction of the house to let the girl kiss his neck your stomach suddenly did flips and you stiffened.

Your best friend, the boy you had been in love with for larger part of your life— he was kissing someone else. The sight made you want to scream or throw up, you weren't sure which but you didn't do a good job at keeping your revelation a secret because Yoongi turned to you, sensing something was up.

"Yn, what's wrong?" He asked with genuine concern in his voice but you couldn't bring yourself to answer or even tear your teary eyes away from the sight of the love of your life with someone else.

The boy beside you traced your line of sight and cursed under his breath.

"Come on, you shouldn't have to see that," you didn't have much choice in the matter when he helped you up and guided you back into his bedroom.

"T-that was Jimin, wasn't it?" You croaked and be closed his eyes briefly. He didn't want to have to be the one to break your heart in confirmation.

"I'm sorry, Yn. That was really shitty of him," he shook his head and brought you sniffling body into his chest in a comforting embrace.

You felt so betrayed. Like Jimin had wronged you, you loved him and he left you to be with some random chick.

"Look at me Yn," Yoongi suddenly pulled back and held your cheeks in his cool hands. With his thumbs he wiped at your tear stained cheeks. "Was he your ride home?" You nodded in response.

You lived off campus in a single bedroom apartment and didn't have a car; you weren't sure of the time but busses would have stopped a long time ago.

"Okay, how about you stay here for the rest of the night? We can watch some movies and I'll take you home in the morning. Does that sound okay?"

You watched him search your face with a small frown etched into his attractive features, he was concerned for you and you couldn't understand why.

He barely knew you. You contemplated his offer nonetheless though; your three options were either to stay the night, go downstairs like nothing had happened and wait for Jimin to drive you home or walk. Lacking the emotional and mental capacity to do either of the two last options, you nodded and he stroked through your hair comfortingly.

"Good," he whispered with a hint of a smile on his lips. "I'll go get us some drinks and popcorn and you can change into these," he left you to search through a drawer and pull out a sweatshirt and some basketball shorts with a drawstring. You smiled at the bundle; they were for your old team.

"Okay," you replied, the word came out strained and a little painful but you bared with it and Yoongi gave you one last look before leaving.

You decided you liked Yoongi's sweater a lot more than your one back home. You weren't sure why but it was just nicer.

Awkwardly, you settled yourself onto Yoongi's nearly made bed and decided to pull your phone out of the pocket of your black jeans.

Jimin-ie oppa: Yn, which part of the house swallowed you? 😂 [1:21am]

Jimin-ie oppa: I'll find you eventually, just stick away from the crowds to make my job a little easier please. [1:26am]

Jimin-ie oppa: Text me when you see this. [1:28am]

Jimin-ie oppa: Just let me know you're okay and not with some douche bag. [1:42am]

The texts ranged from half an hour ago all the way to just five minutes.

Maybe it was self-punishing of you but you had to check, so after turning off your phone you creeped back over to the window and sure enough he was still out there with that girl. Only now they'd moved from making out against the shed to making out on the trampoline beside it.

"Hey," Yoongi interrupted the re-breaking of your heart with his soft, deep voice. He set the cans and bowl onto the bed and then walked over to you. "Don't cry over that asshole, I know you think he is but he isn't worth it; trust me," he emphasized whilst cupping your left cheek in his hand and gently stroking your cheek bone.

You never really expected Yoongi to be the touchy type, it didn't seem like him but you appreciated his warmth, so you leaned into it and nodded.

Shortly after you found yourself in bed with the older boy. He'd kindly let you pick the movie which just so happened to be The Vacation, a favourite of yours, while he had his left arm wrapped around your shoulders so that you could lean your head on his chest.

You tried your hardest not to think about Jimin and what he was currently doing outside and it was a partial success because whenever those thoughts crept into your mind they seemed to dissipate and be replaced with a realization of where you were now or who you were and that thought alone made your heart stutter.

You weren't sure what time it was that you drifted off but with Yoongi's enticing cologne and his body heat coming through his T-shirt you were a goner.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

231K 6.8K 65
📖 ❝What, baby? Am I making you nervous? ❞ He already knew the answer to that. ❝Just wait until I bend you over on that desk and have my way with you...
723 17 3
𝚜𝚢𝚗𝚘𝚙𝚜𝚒𝚜; Your coworker is an absolute ass. You hate him. But things seem to be a little different when you are behind closed doors. ⏤𝚙𝚊𝚒�...
16.8K 1.3K 32
Being an actor has always been your dream. Pursuing it meant many things - leaving the town where you grew up, distancing yourself from your family t...
26.9K 829 11
Your childhood friend shows you a whole new world, but no one expected what came afterwards. - Idol!YoonMin x Female Reader. - WARNINGS: Mentions of...