The Artist [BxB] (COMPLETED)

By MonetPill

Kim Jinsoo is an amateur artist. He doesn't know what he's doing but the outcome is always the most sophistic... More

The Artist
Awkward Greetings
Coincidence
Red, Orange, Yellow
Basketball
Notebook
Kindness is A Virtue
Home run?
Memory
Plan B
Forever River
Picture Perfect
Anger, bruises, and Textbooks
Deja Vu
Seo-yun
Gift
Read
Alone
Realization
Confession
Hope
Doubt
Comfort
Rival
Falling in Love
Day One
Big Question
Lives Parted
Unable to Remember

Im Fine

402 28 5
By MonetPill

"Mom, look!"

The boy hurried to push his mother towards the other room. Jin has used his acrylic paints he received as a gift to create a work of art.

"Jin, it's beautiful!" His mother looks at the painting, joy fulling her heart. "But, what is it?"

Jin looks up. "It's the forest!" The painting was a mixture of greens and browns with a little bit of a nature feeling displayed. "I-it might not look like it, but it's what I think it looks like!" He points to a shape on the bottom of the canvas.

"This one is a deer," he points somewhere else, "this one's a waterfall."

His mother smiles. "That's beautiful Jin." She ruffles his hair and starts to head out when she felt a tug on her sweater.

"Mommy...do you know why is made this?" Jin asks. The mother looks down, shaking her head. "Well," Jin says, "do you remember when we went to the Cheonjiyeon Falls?"

His mother pauses, "yes..."

"I painted what I saw there! I didn't have room to paint us though...." he says disappointed.

The other looks back at the painting, looking closer to the details. She saw memories with each stroke of paint. The moment they saw the animals, the moment they saw the waterfall, the moment when....

"Mommy, I hope we can go there again." Jin says.

"Daddy will go too!" He says with a smile.

___________________

[Kim Jinsoo]

Saturdays.

One of the most relaxing days to have during the week. But, not this week. I have to go to the party with Jae at Siwoo's house.

I could already feel the looks at me when I show up. Jae would be very upset if I didn't show up though.

'What am I doing with my life??'

I got out of bed, the weight of the sleepless nights pulling me down. Recently, I have been sleeping very poorly, getting around four to five hours. Honestly my new norm.

My mom wasn't home, indicating that she left to the hospital. I ended up eating cereal and going back to my room to finish in elf my paintings.

The windows open and my little radio playing a calming tune set the mood in the room. I uncapped each tube of paint, squeezing the amount wanted on the palette. The easel stood alone in the corner, holding the canvas with its arms. A stool next to said easel was untouched.

I looked at the space, debating wether I should reposition the room. Suddenly, my phone starts to ring. I go over to the nightstand and grab my cell and swipe across the screen.

"I'm here."

My face changes.

"Open your door, Jin."

I pull the phone out to see who I was talking to.

"Jae, it's only 10:47." I say, taking a seat in the stool and begin painting. I hear her scoff on the other side.

"The part starts at 12:00. Pretty early but if that's what Siwoo's wants than that's what he wants. Now let me in!"

I pull away from the sudden outburst. "Jeez, I'll, be there." I hung up and headed to the front door to see Jae. She had crossed arms and headed in.

"What are you doing?" She asks, taking off her shoes.

"Painting, you just had to interrupt me." I walked back to my room with Jae tailing me. She took a seat in my desk chair while I went back to the stool.

"What's that?" Jae asks, pointing the abnormally large white bag. "O-oh, Sangwoo gave that to me." I put down my tools and headed towards Jae. "He invited me to his house yesterday, so he gave me this." I picked up the bag. "It's full of art supplies!"

Jae stares at me. "Why didn't you tell me!" She snatches the bag and pours everything out on my bed. "Seriously, you never tell me anything."

I apologized and began sorting the supplies. "It was around ten when I came home."

She rolls her eyes. "Im awake 24/7."

We both talked for a little bit as I went back to painting. "It's almost time to go, you better get changed." She suggest. I looked at my cat clock on my desk. "O-oh right."

I put away all my supplies and closed the windows, concealing the room. I went o my closet and pulled out a simple sweatshirt and jeans.

"What do you think?" I ask, posing for Jae.

"You always wear that, lemme see." She passes me to go to my closet. After a little bit, she comes out with a hoodie and joggers. "It's casual compared to your light pastel like sweatshirts. Plus, this hoodie is comfy. The joggers will allow more mobility compared to those jeans."

She tosses the outfit at me. "Wear it."

I go to the bathroom to try on the suggested outfit. "Is it good?" I ask. She nods approvingly. "Now Let's head out, my dad doesn't have unlimited time."

"B-but Jae it's onl-"

"NO TIME!!"

She pulls me out of my door and gives me barely any time to slip on my shoes. Her dad was already outside. I lock the door and follow her to her dad's car.

"What took you so long?" He asks, obviously angry.

"We had to pick and outfit, now we must hurry." She buckles in her seatbelt as I do too. I could see her dad roll her eyes in the mirror. He looks at me, "Hey Jin."

"Hi Yoon. Thank you for taking me to the party." I have a slight bow. "Oh, no problem." He turns around sand starts the car to the party.

*

We arrive in front of a massive house.

Similar to Sangwoo's, it was large and had gold like lighting in the front. It was only noon but the lights still manage to shine. In front of the house parked over ten cars. Some students have already arrived, chatting amongst each other. Both Jae and I get out of the car.

"Where do we go?" I ask, looking around the premises.

"I don't know. Maybe we could find where everyone is." Jae grabs ahold of my wrist and drags me through the front gates. Inside was fancy and rich. The walls were decorated by paintings created by famous artists, and the tables laced with food.

Students began showing up by the dozen after we came in.

"If you get lost, don't panic. Pull out your cell and call me." Jae says, pulling me towards the kitchen area. There stood more students who gave us weird looks, but looked away once we noticed. I then began doubting my outfit.

"J-Jae lets go somewhere we ca-"

All of a sudden, there was a loud crash behind us. Both Jae and I turned with the rest of the students to see what the commotion was about.

There lay a student laughing with a broken table beneath him. The surrounding people began shouting and cheering. I turned to see what Jae wanted to say about this but she wasn't there. She was gone.

I felt my heart drop. "J-Jae?" I ask, looking around. I opened my cell to text her where she was. I didn't get an immediate reply, so I decided to wait.

There was a chair next to the deserted island that I took refuge on. The party has gotten more crazy since we got here.

I felt a sudden smack on my lower back area. Quickly, I turned to see the culprit. The person was someone I did not know. He slurred on his words as he held lightly on a bottle of alcohol. It was only 1:00 pm and people are getting drunk.

"Hey," hiccup, "cutie." He drew closer as I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. He stood bigger than me, enough to squish me with his foot.

"What're you doing," hiccup, "here all alone.....?" I scooted further from him as he got closer.

"Come on, I don't bite...." he proceeds to lay a hand on my shoulder, putting the bottle of alcohol on the counter. His breath reeked of whiskey. "Let's take this to the room shall we?"

I grabbed his hand and took it off my shoulder. Then, I attempted to leave, but her grabs me by my forearm. "Don't be like that...I just want to have fuuun." He puts another hand on my neck.

I took it off. "D-don't do t-that...."

He smirks, "so you talk. Nice."

I lightly push him away and made my way to the opposite side of the room. He proceeds to follow me, swinging side to side from his drunken state. I manage to keep walking and lose him in the process. But, I just had to run into someone.

"Ow, watch where you're going!" A high pitched voice yelled.

It took my eyes to refocus on who I was talking to. It was Ji-Jae.

"Ugh, you. Why do you always have to be around me huh? Do you have a crush on me or something nerd." She says, flipping her hair in my face. I was shorter than her because of her high heels.

By this point, everyone has gotten their attention towards the situation. Suddenly, the silence of the crowd was interrupted by the yells of angry seniors.

"How dare you hit on Ji-Jae!"

"Ew, you're such a creep."

"Leave her alone!"

"I'm reporting for rape!"

I could only look in total shock as the words keep on going. "Also," I turn to ji-Jae, "you're outfit is ugly."

At that moment I felt my heart drop. My eyes slowly start to water as the crowd of students began to laugh. "He's so scared, he could pee himself!" A student says pointing right at me face.

"Haha, crybaby!"

The words kept on hurting, stabbing my heart at a constant pace. I've never felt this way. I clenched my fist, and began walking away.

"Walking away because you're such a crybaby!" Ji-Jae laughs as she flips her hair. Her little group does the same.

I stop, knowing that no matter what I do, I will not cry. I...won't.....cry....

"He probably peed himself." A girl said from the group. I could feel my heart crack with each word. Ji-Jae suddenly bends down to my ear and whispers, "Sangwoo is mine and only mine."

She gets back up and motions for her group to move forward. The crowd disbursed, the students going back to what they were doing as if nothing happened. As for me, I ran down a random hallway and ran into a random room.

Inside was dark, but empty.

Slowly, I slumped down with tears coming from my eyes. The sound of the music blasting through the doors was making me scared. I curled up tightly and cried.

Then, my phone rang. I immediately looked down to see a text from Jae.

"Sorry, I was talking to someone and I lost you. Where are you now?"

I swiped and began typing. Before I sent it, I began to hesitate. 'Should I?'

I deleted the text and typed a new one.

"I was in the bathroom, sorry. I'll meet you out there."

I put my phone away and stood up, wiping my eyes. The heavy breath that I took in didn't help the uneasy feeling that rested in my chest.

I faced the door, ready to face the danger that resides on the other side.

Slowly, my hand reached for the doorknob. I turned and opened the door. Once I opened the door, I heard a low 'ow fuck' on the other side. That means I accidentally hit someone!

I quickly got out to the see the person who I've accidentally hurt when I ran into someone once again.

"What the hell was that for!?" The low voice yelled. I cowered and quickly apologized. The presence of the being didn't move.

"Jinsoo? Oh shit sorry--I mean, what are you doing here?"

I look up and saw Sangwoo and instantly felt better.

"Were you crying?" He asks, reaching his hand out to examine my eyes. I quickly pull away. "I-I'm time. I wasn't."

He paused and kept his hand on my face. "You're lying. Who made you cry? I'm going to-"

"Sangwoo, I'm fine." I say waving my hands nervously at him.

"I'm, fine."

_______________

A/n

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted much but I hope you guys can hold on just a little bit longer. I'm trying to get more chapter done and maybe make a valentines special but I was thing it was probably too late. I love you all!

-b.b

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 956 21
(Cover by @bluekooks, thanks for everything) It's the first time in my life that being someone else's replacement is okay with me. I understand why...
18.2K 713 16
I'll Try to have some faith in you Genre : Second chance? What happens when Ricky decides to change his "young and rich, tall and handsome" persona t...
267K 14.6K 41
Do kyungsoo gets bullied for being gay, since his mother convinced him to tell his best friend about it, who in return told every one he knew. He is...
162K 5.2K 38
my bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. the more i give to thee, the more i have, for both are infinite. - william shakespeare. lisa i...