Strictly Professional ✔️

By MayDTomorrow

Derick Reid owner of a multi-billionaire company in NYC, your typical billionaire playboy, the usual arrogant... More

Strictly Professional
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Dedications
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Dedications
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note (promise its not bad)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Katrina And Victor
Epilogue
Thank You

Chapter 33

39.1K 1.3K 139
By MayDTomorrow

I come out of the shower and look at my bed to see a bag.

Deja Vu...
(A/N hey it's chapter 8 all over again!)

I take out the dress and gasp, not Deja Vu anymore this one is the complete opposite of the last dress.

Sapphire blue replaced with a Scarlett red, instead of a short dress around my knees this one spread across the floor, instead of having it cover at least one arm it was a sleeved open back dress.

This is way too grand just for a dinner!

Then I looked at the dress again and frowned.

It definitely looks like it'll fit but here's the problem; red isn't my color...

I shivered and remembered I was still in a towel, I lifted the dress and walked over to the mirror, I pressed the dress to my chest and it really did look like it'll fit but...

I quickly put the dress on the bed and went to change.

I feel uncomfortable.

That dress is not me.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I can't believe I've just been staring at this dress for about an hour now.

After I had changed I went downstairs to look for Derick and when I couldn't find him I just came back and tried to sleep.

But I couldn't.

Why in the world do I feel insecure?
It's just a dress, right?
A dress he bought...
Or at least I hope he bought.

I know what to do.

I picked up my phone and called the one person I know I can call for things like these.

The phone rang a bit and a cheery voice finally picked up.

"Hello bitch! So glad you finally decided to call! It's amazing how you always seem to forget to call when you're with Mr. bipolar boss but whatever"

"I can explain, I was stuck in the middle of nowhere for the past two days but let's leave that story for another day, Chica I'm in trouble"

"When you say you're in trouble that means you're in trouble, what can I help with?"

"He invited me to dinner, he bought me a red dress"
"Don't tell me you still feel insecure in red?"

I didn't answer.

"You can't be serious!"
"Well what do I do?"
"Wear the dress"
"I can't"

"Listen to me Chica, when a man buys clothes for a woman without them knowing about it, it means they want to see that woman wearing the dress they bought for them, so wear it"

"What if he feels disappointed?"

I've never felt like this, I'm not the type to care, it's just I don't like red, it brings back bad memories.

"Is that even a question leave his sorry ass and remember Julie the past is in the past, don't let it control the future"

Flashback

I looked at myself in the mirror and was smiling way too much.

I look amazing...

I was wearing a red burgundy off shoulder dress that reached my knees and black heels.

I love everything about this dress.

Tonight is going to be perfect, Andreas will love this.

I heard the doorbell and I had to keep my excitement at bay to stop myself from rushing to the door.

I opened the door and there he was dressed in a black suit and had two bottoms of his dress shirt open.

He always manages to take my breath away.

He looked up from his phone and I saw his left eye twitch.

He doesn't like the dress...

It's fine.

"Andreas" I faked a smile.
"Julie"
He didn't smile.
He usually does.

I held his arm and we walked out of the apartment to his car.

He opened the passengers seat and I thanked him getting in.

We were going to a family gathering and I was, of course, invited as our families were very close, whenever we went to those things everyone thought we were married already but not yet.

I sometimes like to imagine myself married to Andreas.

We've been dating for about a year now and honestly I fell twice as in love with him than when we had first met.

I saw his hand on the speed gear and placed my hand on his.

I was happy he didn't shake me off especially since he seemed upset.

When we arrived at their home he opened my door and held my hand.

When we walked in we were swarmed with Andreas' relatives and when I saw his parents I pulled him towards them.

I hugged his mom and kissed her on the cheek and I did the same to his dad.

"Juliana! You look stunning!"
"Thank you, you look beautiful as well"
"Andreas when are you going to do both me and Julie a favor and get married already?!"

I blushed and tightened my grip on Andreas arm.

For the first time tonight he smiled and I couldn't help but feel relaxed.

"I think I want to watch this little bird graduate before I can even think to propose"

I know what that sentence means.

Andreas was a few years older than me so he wasn't always with me since we had separate classes and all and here's the thing about him that makes him well...

Him.

He doesn't trust me, doubts my every move.

He's waiting for that little screw up.

But if you compare his pros and cons, he definitely has more pros than cons.

He's funny, sweet, caring and I like simple men, he really is all I can want, not to mention crazy handsome.

The night progressed smoothly and as I was talking to one of his relatives Andreas pulled my arm really tight and dragged me with him.

I felt everyone staring and kept calling out to him but he didn't answer and the next thing I know I feel liquid being poured onto my head.

More specifically wine.

I looked at him, horrified.

The room suddenly felt smaller, I felt like I couldn't breath, everyone's eyes were on me, I looked down to see the carpet stained red, red streaks of wine running down my arms.

"Red doesn't suit you"

That was all he said before he dragged me out of the house and back into the car.

I didn't ask him why he did that.
I didn't feel anger towards him.

Because it wasn't his first time.

End of flashback

I hated myself for that, I hated how weak I was, how did I stay with that son of a b*tch for almost three years I can't tell you.

But I hated myself the most, I hated myself for ignoring the bad times, only focusing on the temporary bliss I felt from time to time.

So naïve...

"Julie? You there?"
I gasped as though my lungs had stopped working for a moment.
"Yeah, I'm here, I'll wear the dress, you're right, the past is in the past"

I heard someone call her name and I knew it was time to say goodbye, I'll be seeing her after tomorrow so it'll be fine.

"Chica, I'm sorry but I have to go, I love you, please take care of yourself and don't forget to send me a picture of yourself and if possible with your Mr. Handsome too, bye!"

"Bye"

And the line died.

I got up and this time instead of just staring at the dress, I picked it up and decided to get dressed.

Today is my day.

Today red will be my color.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I don't know what to feel.

The only person who can tell me what to feel about myself is the one who bought me the dress.

And I'm nervous, I'm nervous of a repeat of that night.

But everything in my heart told me 'everything will be okay, he's different'

And I believe that.

He's different.

The dress looked stunning, it hugged me perfectly, I checked my makeup again and it looked amazing, if I must say so myself.

It would have looked better if someone else did it for me but I guess we gotta work with what we've got.

I had done a simple golden smokey eye and just some matching red lipstick.

I found that the dress came in like a kit.
Everything was already paired and prepared.
All I had to do was just assemble it.

Fashion is like a box of LEGO, if you're smart enough to use the instructions wisely you can make a plane, if not you end up confused with just a bunch of random pieces of LEGO.

The shoes were pretty simple pointy gold heels.

Not a fan of pointy shoes but they match the dress so I'm gonna deal with it for today.

I had kept my hair simple by tying  it in a loose bun and let a few streaks frame my face.

I put on my already owned gold studs.

I touched the star shaped hair clip in my hair and smiled.

Derick will be surprised.

I looked at the small v-cut at the front and wished there was some kind of accessory to go along with it.

Just then I heard a knock on the door and looked at the clock.

Woah it's 4 PM!

Well let the night begin!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hey it's May!

I'm on a roll!

Two chapters in a day going on to my third wish me luck! But I'll be posting it next week.

I know I should give you all the chapters together but honestly this is really how I think I'll be able to fit everything into my schedule.

We got a glimpse of the past this chapter and I can't wait to show the dress next chapter so when you see it comment if that how you imagined it.

Anyway thank you everyone for reading and as always I hope you Vote on that ⭐️ , Comment on that 💬 and share with your close buds.
Love ya 😘❤️✌️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 39.1K 45
Can be read as a STAND ALONE BOOK! "Sign!" He demanded. A signature. Just a signature's gonna change both our lives. My decision might make OR ruin...
2.1M 87.9K 52
"Get the hell out of my room", he shouted as soon as I entered his room. Is he for real? How can he be this peaceful when I'm not able to sleep a win...
5.8M 156K 51
When billionaire playboy Nick Sinclair sets his sights on the one woman who wants nothing to do with him, will he be able to change his ways to win h...
18.8M 665K 53
After running away with her baby sister from her abusive father, Juliana bumps into the last person she would expect to help her. He was rough, dange...