Business First

By BanditLuva

BOOK 1 "It's not a relationship, it's a business deal." ------- Amelia Davis has one of the most vivacious pe... More

Business First
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue + Author's Notes
Sequel

Chapter 13

10.7K 370 25
By BanditLuva

AMELIA POV

After I arrived home I thanked the Uber driver and walked inside. I hung up my coat and took of my shoes.

"How'd it go?" Jasmine asked, sitting on the couch and sting Cheetos.

"Not good." I grumbled as I jumped on the couch next to her and grabbed the bag of Cheetos from her hand.

"Hey! That's mine." She snatched the bag back "Never mind, it's empty anyway."

I just roll my eyes and flick through the different shows on tv. "What happened with Jayden?" Jasmine finally broke the silence.

"Y'know he was pissed, insulted me and said that my new relationship won't last - typical ex stuff." I say.

"Insulted you, saying what? I may have to beat up this motherfucker." Jasmine says, pretending to crack her knuckles.

"It's okay, Xavier was there, I bumped into him at the bus stop." I reassure her.

"Wait what?"

"He was on his way to the airport and he saw me so he stopped the car." I explain.

"Ohh, and he beat up Jayden?" She asks.

"No, there was no beating up of anyone." I laugh, but as if on cue someone knocks the door. I get up to go open it.

In front of me stands a beaten up Jayden with cuts on his face, a black eye and a definite broken nose. A small gasp leaves my mouth and Jasmine walks up to the door.

"What the fuck happened to you?" She says, trying to stifle a laugh. I smack her shoulder and she walks back inside.

"Oh my god, Jayden what happened?" I asked, a little concerned but mostly curious.

"Ask that little fiancé of yours," he sneered.

"Xavier done this?"

"Yeah, he was pissed that I "insulted you"' he said putting speech marks around insulted.

"But you did insult me," I say.

"You're just a little bitch who couldn't handle herself," he growls.

"What happened Jayden...just like an hour ago I was going to your date to a wedding, how did you switch up so quick?" I ask, genuinely concerned.

"Before I knew you were with that dick Xavier." His voice was vile. "Now all I see you as is a little bitch.."

"Okay get the fuck out!" Jasmine walks past me and pushes Jayden. He stumbles back and Jasmine uses it to her advantage and keeps on pushing him back till he's off our porch. "Don't make me pepper spray you now boy," she warns, and Jayden walks away defeatedly.

Jasmine was obviously the more brave and confrontational out of us two, whilst I just let the problem happen.

I watched as Jayden walked away the back of his bloodied shirt shrinking into the distance. I knew I would have to talk to Xavier about this on Tuesday.

The rest of the day was wasted on binge watching Netflix and eating cheap Chinese takeaway. I got dressed into fluffy pyjamas to keep warm, it was the middle of October so it was viciously windy outside.

I curled into my warm bed and let the darkness embrace me. My eyes closed and I welcomed sleep, escaping my hectic day.

Until my phone began to ring...

"What now," I asked my self as I moved from my comfortable position and answered my phone.

"Hello Lia," a familiar voice answered.

"Xavier do you know what the time even is!!" I yell into the phone.

"It's 2," he answers.

"Yeah, in the fucking morning."

"My bad," he mutters.

"What do you want?" I ask, desperately wanting to sleep.

"I forgot some documents at the office I need you to get them to me, in Miami" he says urgently.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it the amazing Xavier King forgot something!" I say sarcastically, and I can literally hear him roll his eyes through the phone.

"I need them sent ASAP." He says.

"Yeah, I'll head to the office tomorrow and have them sent through the post office."

"No this is confidential information about our wedding, you're going to have to fly here, I can't trust anyone else with it." He explains.

"Ugh, okay let me book a flight." I say.

"No need, Monday morning at 10am a car will come pick you and my jet will bring you here, and pack some nice clothes- my mother wants to see you." He says and hangs up like phone.

I call him back.

No answer.

I call him again.

No answer.

I call him again.

"What do you want?" His tone is annoyed, the little devil in me is happy I pissed him off.

"How long am I staying for?" I ask politely.

"We'll be there for a week."

"You better not cut my pay." I say sternly.

"You're about to marry a multi-billionaire babe, don't worry about your pay." He scoffs "I'll see you Monday afternoon." And he hangs up.

I huff, put my phone back on charge and fall back into my bed. I close my eyes as sleep embraced me.

The next morning I get up early so I have time to pick up he papers from the office. I don't care how i look, just wearing a jacket over black pyjamas and leaving the house.

When I arrive at the office, it's mostly empty apart from a few people in isolated office cubicles. I take the lift to Xavier's office and collect the papers from his desk.

I quickly drive back home and begin to pack. I pack mostly causal clothes, but also a few formal pieces and a couple dresses. I even throw in a bikini just in case.

By the time I'm done packing Jasmine has woken up.

"What you packing for?" She asks, seeing my bag.

"Xavier's flying me to Miami to meet his mother." I groan.

"Ooh," she raises her eyebrows flirtatiously. "Honeymoon before the wedding,"

I just roll my eyes as I finish zipping up my suitcase. I decide to get ready to travelling. I wash my face and apply moisturiser before wearing sweats and an oversized hoodie with comfortable sneakers.

We both sat down for breakfast and just had cereal and juice. We took it to the living room and watched tv whilst eating.

"How long will you be in Miami?" Jasmine asked.

"About a week," I replied, sipping my juice. Before I could say anything else the doorbell rang. I opened the door to see a tall man in a black suit.

"Amelia Davis?" He asked. I nodded. "Mr King has asked me to pick you up and take you to the airport."

"Just give me a second I'll bring my luggage." Is say, all he does is nod, emotionlessly.

I bring my luggage and place it by the main door. I go to Jasmine and give her a hug. "I'm gonna miss you Jazz." I sigh.

"So will I babygirl." She hugs my tightly. After a few seconds we let go and I head off. The guy that came took my bag to the car.

I placed my headphones in my ears and let the music play. I looked out the window, pretending to be sad when a slow song played.

About 1 hour later I had arrived at the airport. I took my jacket out of my suitcase as it had suddenly decided to rain.

Another tall buff guy in a black suit and escorted me to the jet. As soon as I stepped in, and involuntary gasp left my mouth. The jet was so fancy.

Velvet carpet lined the floor and there were 4 luxurious leather recliner chairs in the middle of the jet.

I say down in one of the recliners, pulling out the leg rest as someone put my luggage away for me.

"Hot towel?" an air hostess asked me, I nodded and took one to wipe my face and hands.

This was gonna be great.

Hey dudes🤘🏽

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and show me some love pleaseee 💕
Vote & Comment babe💋

-BanditLuva🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468K 14.3K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...
200K 6.3K 39
BOOK 3 This is where our paths diverge as we keep walking away from each other. But I will always love you because every broken piece of mine is you...
367K 13.9K 46
Amelia was working in her dream job. Good job, good pay, and good boss! Then, something changes and life takes an unexpected turn. Welcome to the unp...
572K 14.6K 42
I looked at his eyes and put up a strong face. His eyes bore into mine as much as mine into his. It was like he could read my mind and reach out to m...