To Catch A Speedster

By AngelFullbuster

Ever wondered what happened to wally after he disappeared? What about Artemis and the others? Well read and f... More

Proloug
Chapter 1: Welcome Back
Chapter 2: Change
Chapter 3: Family Reunion
Chapter 4: Old Team, New Misson
Chapter 5: You Are to Me
Chapter 6: Female Furries!?
Chapter 7: Power Cell
Chapter 8: A Speedster Mystery
Chapter 9: Arctic Rescue
Chapter 10: Apokoliptic Reverlation
Chapter 11: Beach Day
Chapter 12: Gotham Training
Chapter 13: Trip to Apokolips
Chapter 14: A Fury's Wet Dream
Chapter 15: Never a Sidekick, But a Parthner
Chapter 16: A Haunting Thrill
Chapter 17: The Perfect Gift? And A New Threat
Chapter 18: The Machine
Chapter 20: My power, Your power
Chapter 21: It Has Began
Chapter 22: Battery
Chapter 22: I Can't Lose You I....
Chapter 23: The Final Stand
Epilogue

Chapter 19: Babysitting

139 5 1
By AngelFullbuster

It's been a while since you last found out about the machine and you still have no clue what it's purpose may be,  you had hypotheses, but in no way to confirm it without it ending badly. You and Wally were currently on your way home from the store, you both walked in silence but it was a comfortable one.

You both felt at peace at the moment but as life would have it, that peace didn't last very long when your com went off. Groaning you looked at Wally who gave you a soft smile, while you have him an apologetic one. Answering the com you heated your brother on the other end, "hey gotta baddie alert, we're on our way to meet you now" He said.

"Alright how long?" You asked.

"We're almost there" He said.

You nodded in response but then realized he couldn't see that and responded with a simple "ok".

Seeing the bio-ship you looked at Wally and hugged him apologizeing for ditching him and then looking around making sure there were no civilians looking and flew into the hatch.

"Sorry about ruining your date" Dick said smirking.

This left you a blushing mess, "it wasn't a date! " You shouted covering your face and mentally wishing it was.

"Riiigghhhhhtttt" He said back as you quickly used you powers to change.

"Anyways who's the baddie?" You asked.

"A new guy, that's why all of us are going" Artemis said.

Nodding your head you understood considering you didn't know what he was capable of and might be a big threat.  This fight was gonna be interesting but you doubted it would be a cake walk.

Xx Time Skip xX

You were being rushed to the infirmary at the mountain because you got blasted hard by the baddie Time Master. From what you saw in the battle he was able to slow a person down or stop them compleyely, sadly he got away and they couldn't go after him because you needed to be checked for internal injuries. You were unconscious which worried and cofused the others a bit after checking you for injuries they left and contacted Wally telling him what happened.

Wally immediately left the house and made his way towards the nearest Zeta tube, worried that you may be hurt,  but what still confused the others was that you didn't have any injuries that might cause you to fall unconscious. Hearing the robotic voice of the Zeta tube, they all tuturned and saw the red headed boy.

"Is he ok?" Wally asked  as soon as he was able to see the others, sighing in relief when he got his answer. 

"Where is he? "He asked.

"Come on lover boy" Dick said chuckling and leading the red head to where you were, or were supposed to be, upon entering your room the found you no where to be seen oddly enough.

This confused the others greatly, "that's weird" Megan said.

"What is" Wally asked

"He was supposed to be in here" Artemis said looking around.

"Is he invisible" Conner asked scratching his head.

"Perharps, all of Time Flux's abilities are still unknown" Kal said.

They all kept looking that is until the red head felt a tug on his hand and looked down to meet the eyes of a very adorable raven-haired,sapphire eyed, 5 year old boy.  He couldn't place his finger on it but there was something oddly familiar about the boy.

"Did you guy pick up a kid or something?" he asked looking back to the others.

"What are you talking about bay watch? " Artemis asked and turned back with the others surprised to see a kid holding onto Wally's shirt.

It didn't take long till the girls were squealing about how cute he was,  everyone except Dick who stood their frozen.

Conner turned to the male and raised an eyebrow in question, while Artemis and Megan was kneeling down to the kids height, "hi sweetie what's your name? " Megan asked.  But all the kid did was his behind Wally, he felt oddly safe there, "don't be sacred were not gonna hurt you I promise" Artemis said.

This cause the boy to look up at her cutely and ask "really" Sending the girls into another squealing fit, Wally had to admit the kid was cute but he was more worried about you.

"How did this happen?" Dick asked still in shock.

"What are you-" Conner began but was cut off by the kid

The kid in question asked "are you guys superheros?", and his face lit up adorably when he saw them nod,  " Then then can  you help me find my brother?" He asked.

"Of course sweetie" Artemis said.

This made the kid very happy at the girls words, "but you have to tell us your name first ok" Megan said sweetly,  smiling as the boy nodded.

"My name is-" He started.

"(Y/N) Grayson" Dick finished as the others looked at him.

You nodded giving a closed eyed smile, but when you opened them you were met with shocked faces. Confused you thought you did something wrong so your eyes started to water a bit, "did I do something wrong" You said.

"No!  No sweetie were just um" Megan started.

"Surprised?" Conner finished.

Nodding you turned to Wally,  "will you still help me find my brother? His name is Richard but everyone calls him dick!" You said smiling, at him.

Wally shot a glance at dick who nodded,  "sure lil guy" He said kneeling to your height.

You giggled and hugged him causing him to blush a little, "thank you mister" You smiled. "Mummy and daddy must be worried about us",you said, hearing that made dick bite the his lip, memories of you and him at that age with your parents.

The others turned to him worried know how touchy this subject is, but he simply shook his head focusing on the situation at hand. " Ok Wally" Dick began, "Why don't you take this little guy to see Bart and the others" He said, while Wally looked confused but nodded non-the-less.

"Dick is gonna be so jealous I get to meet superheros" You said giggling and following the red head who smiled.

'If you only knew' the red head thought.

When they were out of sight the others began to head towards the Zeta tube to get to the watch tower to a specific bat themed hero. Finally reaching the bat in question they explained to him what happened, his face of course showed no physical shock but you could tell he was suprised.

"Bring him I may need to run some tests" Bats instructed.

Nodding their heads they went to find you and Wally, which was easy concidering they just had to follow your giggling, after finding you they brought you to the watchtower via Zeta tube, luckily despite your new found age the Zeta tube remembered you and allowed you in. The girl couldn't help but chuckle at how cutest you little face lit up seeing the watchtower and space, you were in total awe of everything. After reaching the room where the Bat was in, you were left with Wally, who you refused to let go of, as Batman started to run his tests.

After a bit  and checking what little information you guys got on Time Master, it was dtermine he had time based powers. Using this information Dick concluded that Time Master's blast probably reversed your age.

"From the looks of it, this should only be temporary" Batman said.

"Temporary doesn't really give us a time frame bats" Dick said..

"It can't be said for certain the specific time frame" Bats said.

Sighing they all made their way back to the room you were in and took you back to the mountain, when you returned you immediately went towards where you last saw Bart and the others.

While the others tried to stay calm, they heard a shout coming from Bart and Gar. Getting up fast they ran to where you were, what they saw made them feel relieved. You were currently in the air flying away from one Garfield who was currently a bird trying to catch you, all the while Bart was running under you to catch you if you fell. "Come on little guy this is so not crash" Bart said while you just giggles in return. Tim just looked on confused but amused at the same time.

They all chuckled at the scene in front of them, "ok (Y/N), come down" Dick said,  you giggled flying down into his arms. 

"That was fun" You said grinning.

"I bet it was" Arty chuckled still looking at the duo babysitters. Looking at Bart's And Gar's surprised faces they realize they didn't tell them anything so that's just what they did.

"So are you gonna find my brother now?" You asked innocencetly after they finished explaining the situation for a second time that day. Dick was about to answer when the alarm went off indicating another crime was in progress.

Putting you down they checked who it was and to their surprise it was Time Master. Nodding Dick gave you to Wally who nodded as they began to leave, Dick turning around saying "we're gonna get your brother alright", leaving once he saw the smile on your face.

Not to long after however they called Gar and told him to meet them, Wally to get a call to go home to pay the rent, so here you were with Bart, who enjoyed looking after you a bit, and Tim, who was slightly pissed he got designated as a babysitter a bit, but looking at your face he let it go, what could go wrong.

Xx 10 minutes later xX (tell me y'all didn't read that in the spongebob voice)

A certain red headed speedster babysitter was frantically running through the base looking for something. Seeing Cass and some of the others back from a mission, stopping in front of them the frantic speedster had a nervous face, "you guy wouldn't have happened to see a black haired, sapphire eyed 5 year old around have you" He asked.

The others gave him a confused look and shook the head, this caused him to sigh "Wally and Tim are gonna kill me" He mumbled. This further confused the other young heros, that is until they looked up eyes slightly widening.

Looking at them Bart didn't even have to turn around as he asked "Tim's right behind me isn't he". Receiving nods he turned to him chuckling nervously.

" You lost him!?" Tim shouted.

"Not lost just misplaced" The red head said but shut up as soon as he saw the glare coming from the bird theme hero, he was apart of the bat family for a reason. If looks could kill Bart would be a dead man by now.

The others were about to ask what they were talking about but was cut off when they heard a bunch of giggling. Looking up to see bumble bee had just entered the room but their confusion grew as they stared at the little boy in her arms.

"There you are where have you been!?" Bart slightly yelled.

"In the living room, where you left me, while you went to go get something to eat for the next 10 minutes" You deadpanned staring at him blankly.

The red head blushed embarrassed scratching the back of his head,  "oh right" He said causing the others to facepalm at him.

Putting you down you went to them smiling, "hi are you guys superheros too?" You asked.

Babs and Cass smiled as they looked at you "your so cute" Babs squealed.

"Yes sweetie we are" Cass said and they all watched as your eyes lit up, a smile adorning their faces due to you being adorable.

"Hi my name is (Y/N) Grayson it's nice to meet you" You smiled brightly. And once again you were met with  surprised faces. The other turned their heads towards Tim and Bart.

"Don't ask" Was their simple reply,  taking you back to the living room.

Xx Time Skip xX

After a while of just hanging out, Bart got a call, "hey Wally" He said.

You looked as you saw his face contort into confused one, "what? what are you doing there?" He asked, "ok ok were on our way" He said.

Tim looked at him in question as he texted someone, "Dick and the others need us" He said and got up and sped to change reaching back quickly. You didn't pay attention to what happened after that since all your little mind could focus on was the name Bart said.

'Dick is in trouble' you thought.

"Ok lil guy wait here Cass should be here soon" He said and him and Tim left they didn't want to leave you alone but the others needed them urgently

"I should go help he is my brother" you said to no one in particular and followed them flying after them.

Xx Time Skip xX

Reaching where the others were you saw them on the floor half conscious, while Wally and Bart anlong with Nightwing fought Time Master. But Time Master was just toying with them at this point, seeing the two red heads get knocked back was painful and you saw that Nightwing was gonna get it too, "You are gonna change my brother back!" He shouted.

You looked on and thought you needed to help him, you flew nto them hitting Time Master in the side, this surprised Nightwing and everyone else as well. "You little brat!" You heard Time Master say and saw he sent a blast towards you, this caused dick to grab you to protect you causing him to get hit instead.

Watching him get it made you upset angry and sad, "why",  that simple question was vague but dick knew what you were asking.

"Because I'm not ready to lose my brother" He said simply smiling.

"D-Dick" You said looking in his eyes.

Watching as he fainted, you felt tears running down your face, you were beyond angry by this point.  And looked at Time Master, who just smirked and send another blast you way.

"Guys!" The others shouted but it was to late.

Time Master smirked but it soon fell because what he didn't except, was you back to normal, shielding the both of you and glaring at him. The others looked on in shock and relief, I'm not falling for that again. Running at him you dodged his attacks sending some disc blasts back hitting him dead on. Reaching him you sent a kick his was,  he grabbed your incoming foot flinging you back and sending a blast, hitting the wall was painful but luckily you regained your sentences fast enough to protected yourself.

You looked at him seeing he was trying to increase his speed, you had to think of something, he would be to fast to see so you would be fighting him basically blind. 'The only way I could hit him is if I hit all around me, wait that's it' you thought taking a deep breath you waited until he you saw him run towards you,  you did nothing to stop him as you saw him running in a circle around you to get you from all directions. "Typical" you said under your breath as you shielded yourself on a bubble getting ready to execute your plan, creating a ball of energy you put down your shield and slammed the energy on the ground sending it in a wave around you knocking him away.

Acting fast you grabbed his foot with your powers and slammed him into the ground, flying fast at him when you reached close enough you jumped at his feet and began to phase through the ground beneath him while phasing his bottom half up to his arms into the gorund. Phasing out of the ground you looked at him, "times up" You said sending a Swift kick to his face knocking him out, phasing him out of the ground you cuffed him and put on an inhibitor collor on him.  Going and check the other you were relieved to see that they were ok.

"How did you-?" Bart began to ask.

"Batman did say the effects was temporary" Megan said.

You looked at them then helped Dick stand up, "it was weird though but at the same time I do miss those simpler times" You said chuckling.

"Yea but just letting you know I am not babysitting your kids" Gar said.

"If they are anything like you were at least I will get entertainment out of it" Tim said smirking.

This caused you to give a little chuckle replying with a "but I was so cute"  Causing everyone else to laugh,  not noticing the hooded figure watching from above or the dangers that lie ahead.

Xx back on Apokolips xX

"It seems that Time Master was taken down" A gruff deep voice said.

"Yes it seems so, a minor miscalculation" Savage replied.

"You need not worry soon they will all succumb to the light" He said.

"I should hope so" The voice said back.

"Of course Dark Seid" Savage said as the he turned to look at the man.

"It is time for phase two" Savage said looking at the almost finished device.

A/N and that's two more chapters done!  Sorry for the wait guys I had a lot to do outside of here but I wanted to make it up to you with two new chapters and as you can see things are getting heated, sadly that means the end of the book is near but don't worry I will still be writing I have a few more ideas written down for potential stories and while you wait why not read my other book Pokemon origins a twist on the actual ova Pokemon origins and before you ask yes I did give credit to the source material anyways thanks for reading guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 688 57
Wally's gone. Richard's gone. Willow's gone. Emma is too afraid of anyone else leaving her. Finding her home, her old life, and being asked a cer...
99.3K 2K 28
(ARROWVERSE AU- takes place after season six of Arrow and Season Four of the Flash. I've seen both season five and seven and they won't even be close...
52.7K 1.1K 25
Wally and Artemis were hanging out in Mount Justice kitchen alone. Then harsh insults are fired causing drama and conflict. What will happen when Art...
911 48 10
What do you do when you're a homeless kid on the streets of Gotham? Becoming a criminal is SO straight-forward, so how about something new? Dick Gray...