Troubled Soul (manxman) *Comp...

By tampamanatee

**Please read the entire Sex Ed series before you read this!** *Seriously, this book won't make sense if you... More

One: Cameron/ Hugo
Two: Cleo
Three: Perry
Four: Noah
Five: Hugo/ Cameron
Six: Gabriel/ Reno
Seven: Perry
Eight: Wes
Nine: Perry/ Aaron
Ten: Noah
Eleven: Cameron
Twelve: Pete
Thirteen: Aaron
Fourteen: Hugo
Fifteen: Cleo
Sixteen: Perry/ Aaron
Bonus: Andy
Eighteen: Perry/ Cameron
Nineteen: Perry/ Cameron
Epilogue

Seventeen: Wes

466 51 7
By tampamanatee

"Is this something you think would even work?" Aaron's frazzled voice asked through the phone.

I continued to type on my computer while trying to think of a process in my mind. "I do believe it'll work, yes. This isn't my first time working with the foster care system but this might take me awhile to work through. Legally you two need to become foster parents. The Wilson's are still listed as they're foster parents, but obviously no one is going to let them have custody right now. Make sure you get picture documentation of all their bruises and cuts. Now you mentioned something about moving to your mother's house?"

"Yes. Do you think if we took them there it would help our case better? It's a lot bigger than our apartment and they'll both have their own rooms."

A smile spread onto my face while listening to him. When he had first called me, the protectiveness in his voice had startled me. I had never met Aly or Allen, but it seemed like they were very important. I was excited to meet them. I was also excited to help him with a case, to make sure they stay in their house. The only thing that was going to get a little tricky was when we'd all be leaving for Florida soon. Perry and Aaron's wedding was just around the corner and I wanted to make sure things were in place. That was much easier said than done. Perry and Aaron were like sons to me, and I was going to make sure I'd help them anyway I could. My law degree will definitely be put to the test.

"Yes, I do believe that will help."

"I really appreciate you helping me with this Wes. I honestly don't know how to ever repay you."

"Don't worry about it Aaron, this is what family does for each other."

I could hear multiple people trying to talk to Aaron in the background, before he sighed. "I have to go; I need to edit something really quick. Please let me know if there's anything else you need from me. And Wes, thank you again."

"You're welcome Aaron; I'll talk to you soon."

After hanging up, I grabbed my coffee while continuing to look through my computer. Before I knew it the day was ending all too soon, multiple yawns filling my office. When my eyes were heavily drooping I packed up my computer and grabbed a few files before walking out to my car. When I finally got home, I walked through the door while continuing to yawn.

A delicious smell was wafting through the house, my stomach rumbling as I walked into the kitchen. I saw Noah dancing around the kitchen, singing along to a song playing off his phone. There were cookies and brownies sitting on the counter, tacos and pasta sitting next to them. For the first time in awhile, he actually looked happy. He hadn't baked anything at home since Greg died. He hadn't had a real smile on his face either, which was why this sight was so wonderful to see.

When he looked up and saw me, he smiled widely before running over and wrapping his arms around me. "Hi," he said while kissing me.

"Hey." He relaxed in my arms while I rested my head on his shoulder. "God you smell good."

"That's because I showered this morning."

I laughed while kissing his neck before looking down into his eyes. "Mm so I can't shower with you tonight?"

He giggled when my lips reconnected with his neck again, his fingers gripping into my hair. "Well, if I get nice and sweaty I'll have no choice but to take another one."

"Perfect."

"But before that, come on let's eat."

He pulled me over to the large amount of food sitting on the counter before he took my tie off and threw it onto the table. After I bit into a taco, I took my suit jacket off before putting it onto the back of a chair. Noah started digging into the pasta while I continued to eat my taco.

We laughed together and talked about our day, occasionally taking a break to eat a cookie. Or two. I told him about the situation Aaron and Perry were currently going through with Aly and Allen. Just as he shoved a giant piece of taco into his mouth we heard, "Dad? Father?"

I looked up to see Cameron walking into the room, Hugo behind him with Huck in his arms. "Hey guys," I said while rolling the sleeves of my button down up to my elbows. I then walked over to them and hugged them both before taking Huck into my arms and kissing him.

I watched as Noah hugged Cameron and Hugo before taking Huck out of my arms. When I looked at Cameron's nervous face I asked, "What's wrong?"

"I need to talk to you guys about something. Can we talk?"

"Of course." I ushered everyone into the family room as we sat down onto the two couches.

When Cameron looked really nervous, Hugo was wrapping his arm around him while giving him a comforting smile. That seemed to give Cameron the courage to look between Noah and I to say, "I've been seeing a psychiatrist because he's worried I might have... an eating disorder."

"What?" Noah asked with a shocked face.

My eyes looked at my son, feeling like I was just seeing him for the first time. I noticed his face was very skinny as he was biting his bottom lip. I then noticed how his clothes were practically hanging off of his body. He went into the story of how it all started and how he only went to talk to someone not that long ago. He talked about how he was trying to work through the demons in his mind, but still had trouble eating. Sometimes he'd still end up throwing up his entire meal, which was really hard to hear. He also told us how the book he finished made him feel numb, making him delete it. By the time he was done telling his story there wasn't a dry eye around.

"I'm obviously not going to get through this overnight, but I wanted you guys to know." Cameron looked down at his hands before glancing up at Hugo. "I just told Hugo not that long ago, sorry for not telling you guys sooner."

"Oh honey," Noah said while putting Huck into my arms as he walked over to the couch. As he sat next to Cameron, he started to cry while wrapping his arms around his tiny frame. "Don't apologize."

The rest of the night we sat around with each other until Huck couldn't keep his eyes open. As Cameron was showing Noah Huck's new pair of shoes, I wandered over to Hugo. He was currently leaning against the wall watching his husband with a small smile on his face. As I walked closer to him I placed my hand onto his shoulder, his blue eyes instantly flashing over to me.

"How's everything been with your family Hugo?"

He smiled up at me while shoving his hands into his pockets. "They're good. My sister is pregnant again."

"Oh really? What number is this?"

"Well she has Remi, the twins Kellan and Eli and little Stephanie."

"Wow," I said with a whistle.

He laughed while nodding. "I know. She said this is it; they're done after this one. She wanted to be done after Stephanie since they had two boys and two girls, but it was a surprise. It's even more of a surprise because she found out she's having another set of twins."

"No kidding," I said while leaning against him on the wall. "Does she know what she's having?"

"A boy and a girl."

"Well, Huck will definitely have lots of playdates."

He laughed as she said, "No kidding."

When I realized Cameron and Noah were making their way back over, I turned back towards him. "Hugo, I know I don't tell you this enough. I'm really glad you're apart of this family. Thank you for always looking out for him."

"Thank you Mr. Yeager."

Cameron was then walking up to me to hug me, as Noah was trying to get them to stay the night. "I promise I'll continue to keep you updated," Cameron said. "I love you."

"We love you," I said while kissing his cheek. I watched from the door as they walked to their car.

When they were gone Noah instantly ran up the stairs, making me follow him. I watched as he plopped down onto the bed while pulling out his computer. He was suddenly typing away on the keys as I sat down next to him.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking up this doctor. I need to make sure he's legit."

"Noah," I said while shutting the computer. He instantly protested while turning towards me.

He angrily sighed while trying to pry the computer from my hands. "Wes, I need to make sure our son is seeing the right person. What if there's a better doctor out there that he just hasn't met yet? What if this doctor-"

"Stop with the what ifs Noah. We can't change what happened, we can only move forward. Cameron is in the hands of very good doctors."

He frowned while leaning his head onto my chest. "I just can't believe my baby is going through this."

"I know," I whispered while resting my head onto his. "I know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 18.6K 41
Book Two in The Hybrid's Series Fitz has always loved Finn, even through Finn's phases when he would ignore Fitz. But now that they are both 17, Fitz...
25.7K 1.6K 15
***This is part of a series. Please read Sex Ed FIRST.*** [Book 5] Gabriel likes Pete. Pete battles with Reno. Reno hates both.
140K 7.2K 29
**Completed!** Colton Whitaker hasn't had the easiest life, more so in the last year. He accidentally outed his older brother to his unaccepting pare...
1.5K 115 21
When Summer makes a bet with his best friend to remain romance free for the summer it seems easy to him. He has rarely dated or had much interest in...