If You Dare To Believe

By THGswift13

After tragic loss of her twin sister, Avery feels like she's a complete outsider in her big family and no lon... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

chapter 12

560 15 6
By THGswift13

Hey guys! soooo sorry for the late update, school is starting soon so it will be really hard to update faster but i will update. Thank you for waiting! i hope you like this chapter

Avery pic>>>>>>

ENJOY!!

Chapter 12 Run away.

That kiss that makes you crave for more, I'm no expert about kissing but I know that was something. The moment, that stare, those eyes everything about that night was magical.

I lay awake in my bed peeking outside the window checking weather Joey came back but he didn't.

My chest tightened thinking about what he said, "This is wrong." What that meant? Was I bad kisser? I smacked my forehead because that's not the reason he would just run off. I sounded like I knew him but I felt like I did, his eyes had so much to say...so much pain. I knew he had a painful past but that's not it. Something different or I think...I don't know exactly what I felt but it definitely changed.

I finally rolled out of bed and took a quick shower and dressed for school. It was still very early I mean no one is even awake but I couldn't stay home.

I wore my favorite hoodie and ate some muffins I found on the kitchen table put my headphones on and began to walk. I texted Jay that I didn't want a ride today so instead I decide to walk to school.

Stupid idea since it was cold and the school was a bit far way. I didn't care I just wanted to clear my mind and forget about everything for second. I knew if I ride with Jay and Shyann I'll get nonstop question about what happened yesterday and I wasn't in the mood to talk about it. After thinking of that made me realize that I had to face Evan, boy that will be awkward.

I walked out and took a quick look at Joey house and none was there. The truck that was there wasn't there, where the hell was he?

I walked and thought about what have been happening to me. It's like a constant stream of complication and troubles. That's not me, but it was Dakota. Dakota life , I always hiding under her shell never got to experience any of that. She would have handled this better than me. Silent tears streamed down my eyes, I was so angry and confused. Why? Did she have to leave? I can't handle this life. I quickly whipped my tears, I felt like a car was next to me. I glance and I saw the car was so close to me and all I could see is my reflection. You know those new cars they are all shiny and steel.

I ignored it and continued walking but then window rolled down.

"Avery" a familiar voice said. I looked at it and it was Evan wearing shades and looking at me.

"Avery, please stop" he said softly and I glared at him.

"What the hell do you want Evan?" I said angrily, I mean I was already not in the mood and Evan timing was bad.

"Please I wanna talk" he said still following me.

I halted and looked at him still angry. "Talk? Talk about how stupid you acted last night?" I yelled.

He sigh and removed his shades, "Please get in the car" he begged. I folded my arms and turned my face away.

"Please?" he said again

I opened the door and sat in the front seat, "Talk then" I said still folding my arms.

**

He drove silently until we reached the school which was empty since it was early.

"Last night...from what I heard I was horrible" he said and I laughed.

"Horrible isn't a word to describe it" I said and he looked away.

"Oh okay I was an idiot and I'm really sorry" he said a little bit louder.

I still looked still not looking at him, he sigh loudly.

"Look, I know you probably think I'm a douche form what you heard. But Avery I really like you" he said grabbing my hands gently and looked straight through my eyes.

"I made a mistake" he said giving that puppy dog eyes.

I looked away, "Look Evan, I don't think I can take all of that attention" I said softly and I felt his eyes stare at me.

"I don't really think...it would work" I couldn't look him in the eyes because I know I will feel guiltily.

He stayed quit and then finally said "This isn't about yesterday" I quickly looked at him.

"It's about that kid Joey" he said in a soft tone, I expected him to be pissed or annoyed but he wasn't.

He's right, I mean I could have forgiven him if Joey haven't kissed. Because now that Joey have kissed me and made me...made me fall for him.

I never felt like this towards anybody I ever met, don't get me wrong, Evan is sweet but Joey was real, Joey brought out me. Didn't see me as Dakota sister or new chick in school he saw Avery, the girl that has been living under a shadow that no one ever notice. Not even my own friends.

"Yes" I finally said after a long silence, he sigh annoyed.

"I'm sorry Evan" I looked at him apologetically, he stood still and then I saw a curve on the edge on his mouth, it was a smile.

"Well maybe I don't have you now I still believe I can get you" he smiled and I laughed.

"Till then, friends" he said cocking his eyebrows and looking at me so innocently.

I smiled; I couldn't believe that Evan is going to be so cool about it.

"Yeah" I said giving him a hug.

"Thank you" I whispered in his eras and I felt him smirk.

"Now will you tell me why on earth doing awake this early" I said and he laughed.

"I woke with a killer headache by midnight and I couldn't sleep then so I was just driving around and I found you." He said and I nodded,

"So I got go now, see you around" I said opening the door and he waved.

I walked as the parking lot got crowded; I held my bag harder when I felt someone pulling me. I look back and it was Jay.

"Hey" I greeted nicely.

"Care to explain what the fuck happened yesterday?" he said, I knew he was pissed.

"Where is Shyann?" I asked avoiding the question.

"She couldn't come because she has a killer headache do not avoid my question." He said seriously.

"Okay okay, chill" I said and I explained what happened excluding what happened with Joey. I didn't want anyone to know about that not until I confront Joey.

"You are not the only who had a bad night" Jay said still angry.

"What happened?" I asked, we walked to his locker.

"Tracy kissed me" he said and I swear my jaw dropped.

"WHAT?" I almost shrieked.

"Keep it down" he whispered angrily.

"I don't know what happened she just leaned in front and kissed me and I..." he stopped looking away.

"What Jay?" I asked looking directly at him.

"I kissed her back" he blurted out quickly.

"WHAT?" I shouted this time.

"Are you crazy?" I shouted. He looked around and shh-ed me.

"Look I had no idea what happened to me but I did it and it's not that I have feelings for her. It just happened, okay?" he said in one breath,

"You should tell her" I stated the obvious.

He sighs heavily, "You think I don't know that" he said a bit irritated.

I glance and saw Tracy staring at Jay while talking to her friends.

"Go now Jay" I said and he looked a bit nervous.

He nodded and walked past me and I walked behind him over to lockers a little away from them. I really wanted to overhear the conversation.

He walked to her and her smile grew wider, "Hey Jay" she said excitedly. He looked away and then back at her I could tell he's really nervous. "Can we talk?" he said and her big smile slowly vanished to nervous look.

They walked away from the girls and walked a little closer to me but I tried not to look at them.

"So what's up?" her tone was shaky. He sighs and began talking.

"Umm...about yesterday...the kiss and all..." he didn't even look at her.

"What's the matter Jay?" her tone grew to serious one.

"I'll just cut to the chase...umm I'm gay...and I was too afraid to come out of my closet because well...I did once and it wasn't too pleasant." He said and she was Jaw-dropped shocked.

"What you mean wasn't too pleasant?" she completely moved over to the fact he was gay which kinda shocked me to be honest.

"I was bullied" he said and I could see pain in his eyes which seriously broke my heart.

Tracy looked aghast, "Oh god" she said.

"Well they were bunch of scum bags because guys like you are really hard to find." She said smiling and Jay head quickly looked up and was completely stunned.

"You know what?" she said.

"What?"

"I will set you up" she said grinning.

"Set me up?"

"I know this really cool friend of mine totally my love. He's my hair stylist but let me tell you he's on smoking guy. When I first met him I was totally hitting on him until he started talking" she laughed.

Jay was still stunned.

"Oh Avery, I can see you ears dropping" she said picking to the right.

"Oh hey" I waved embarrassed; I would make a terrible spy.

I walked to them, "I was just telling Jay about setting him up to a blind date." She laughed and I looked at Jay who was blushing like hell.

"That's a good idea actually" I smiled and Jay glared at me.

"Well how about after school I'm sure Caleb isn't busy."

She said stroking her long blonde hair, "Hold on Hold on, I still didn't agree to this." He said and me and Tracy laughed.

"Well after school it is but we can't gather in my house because my mum is having some friends over and stuff." Tracy said looking at Jay, "Shyann I shaving Danny after school" Jay said and then both looked at me.

"Well you can come over my house." I said and Tracy smiled.

"Great!" she exclaimed but then bell rang breaking our excitement.

"Okay, that's the plan." She said then waving because she had to go to class.

"So big date huh?" I said winking at Jay and he flushed.

"Now tell me what happened yesterday" he said and my stomach clenched. Remembering the kiss, that's the only thing that I could remember.

**

By lunch I told Jay everything expect Joey part I mean I still don't understand what happened so I don't think I can explain it to him. We called up Shyann telling about Jay dates and about what happened yesterday.

"Little Jay Jay has a big date." Shyann said since she was on speaker.

"Shut up" he said blushing.

"How are you doing anyway?" I asked.

"Waking up as a hangover, what do you think?" she said sarcastically.

Me and Jay laughed. "Look I got to go and do something about my face I don't want Danny coming and I look like shit"

She hanged up, me and Jay resumed our lunch.

"Avery, you okay?" he asked senses something wrong.

"Nah" I forced a smiled, when inside its killing since I haven't seen Joey all day.

One kiss had a huge impact on me, how can this be possible?

**

"Come in" I invited Jay and Tracy.

"Nice house you got here." Tracy said looking around.

Then out of nowhere Beatrice comes out the kitchen,

"Mum, check the cake I don't want them to burn." She yelled at the kitchen and then realized we were here.

"Oh hi" she said smiling.

"Umm...Beatrice this is my friends Tracy" I said introducing her.

They shook hands, "Nice to meet you, you got a lovely house." Tracy said and Beatrice smiled.

"Ugh! These kids will be the death of me. Where is my roll ups and my-" Chelsea paused as she marched downstairs, she was shocked when she saw Tracy.

"Tracy green" Chelsea said shocked.

"Hello Chelsea" she greeted nicely, oh I felt some tension.

Chelsea was still shocked, "You guys know each other?" I asked looking at the both of them.

"Yeah!! They are our competition this year cheerleading battle." Tracy said jokingly.

Chelsea fake laughed, still stunned. She's obviously thought her loser sister couldn't be friends with the school cheer captain.

"Well we have to go and get started we got a lot of work to do." I said and we walked upstairs.

**

"Gah!! I think I look stupid" Jay whined as we spiked his hair.

"Shut up! You look smoking hot" I said and Tracy agreed.

"TADA!! Your look is done." Tracy said.

Jay looked in mirror and almost gasped.

"A miracle is done" I said and they laugh.

"Okay, so he'll meet you up in the restaurant so you better get going you don't want be late." Tracy said as she combed his hair.

"Okay, I'm going" he said and left, me and Tracy laughed.

"I'm glad me and you are friends even thought you and Evan didn't work out" Tracy said sweetly.

I smiled, she was so understanding.

"Yeah, me too!" I smile and sat next to her.

"Umm Avery..." she said and looked down, "What?" I asked I wonder what she was going to ask.

"Umm...I'm sorry...about...your sister." She said, I felt my heart stop. She knew, of course everyone knew.

"Its okay" I said, no it wasn't okay...everyone knew...that's mean even Joey did. But he never said anything.

Then we started talking normally, she told me that she had a crush on Jay and stuff and that she broke up with her boyfriend in the start of the summer and she has been single for long time.

Then she had to go because her mom called and stuff, "We should do this again sometimes." She said and I nodded.

Tracy was so nice and I really like her. As we walked to the hall to go to the stairs we pumped in to my lovely brother, Johnny. Note the sarcasm.

Tracy bag fell and some of her stuff did too. The gentlemen that my brother was he helped her out.

"Umm sorry" he said and then looked at her and I swear he opened his mouth. I don't blame him, Tracy is drop dead gorgeous.

"It's my fault" she said and looked at him then, if y'all are wondering where was I. I was back in the room because Tracy forgot her phone so I went to get then I heard something fell so when I checked and I witness the whole romantic moment scene. It's gross because it was with my brother.

They stared at each other and then Tracy looked away blushing and they laughed. That moment I felt like I was going to throw up.

"Tracy I found your phone" I said breaking the moment, and the quickly stood up.

"I see you met my lovely brother Johnny" I said sarcastically.

This was not happening.

"Johnny this is my friend Tracy" I said,

"Nice too meet you Tracy" he said turning his 'charming' tone on.

"You too. You're in Preston University?" she asked noticing.

"Yes" he replied shocked.

What's up with everyone being shocked today?

"I used to cheer practice there." She said and then flashing her pearl white teeth.

"Well, maybe you could come by and watch me practice?" he said flirty

She laughed.

I cleared my throat to let them know I was still here.

They both acted cool, "I think you're going to be late." I said taking her hands.

"See ya" he said and she waved.

"Your bother is a charmer" she said and I snorted.

"Nope" I said popping the 'p'.

Then I said goodbye and as soon as she left I went to Johnny.

"What the hell was that?" I asked Johnny, he seemed still daydreaming.

"God! Avery she so beautiful" he smiled, I smacked his head.

"Ouch! Why did you do that for?" he shouted.

"You were completely flirting with my friend" I said.

"She's so hot"

I smacked his head again.

"Ouch! Stop that"

"You know how I feel when you flirt with my friends. I know you'll end up breaking her heart. She's good for you." I said and he looked at me.

"Yes I may have been an ass but she seems like a great girl I won't do that." He said seriously.

"Look ask her what she think of me and if she says I'm not good than fine I'll forget about asking her out."

The idea grosses me out but Johnny looked serious.

"Don't get your hopes up." I said and I saw a smirk appear on his face.

Then I left and went to my room, I held my phone and dialed Joey number hoping he'll answer but he didn't.

I peeked out the window to see if anyone there but no one was home. No car and the lights were out.

I lay on my bed and thought how everybody having their fairytale and I'm here just thinking about one guy who by a simple kissed took my heart away. You see its not any kiss, it's special. "Where are you Joey?" I asked myself loudly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133 29 11
After Alice's family reunion, her twin Amanda disappears. Her family just shakes it off as if she didn't want to be bothered. But Alice knows her sis...
5.3K 196 31
Ally was just a normal girl, that is, before everything changed. It started soon after her eighteenth birthday. She got a call from her nephew, who s...
1.6K 32 24
Olivia's world gets turned upside-down when she has to move in with a family of strangers- her biological family, who has been looking for her for ov...
514 18 19
Avery is starting her senior year of high school. She's the typical quiet kid who is rarely noticed. This year, that all changes. Stacy, the pretties...