Baby

By smurfyphantom06

Baby Walker is the most curious thing to ever happen to the small town of Gershaw, but to Baby this mysteriou... More

Author's Note
When Doves Cry
Another Brick in the Wall
Sweet Child O' Mine
Against All Odds
Faith
Out of Touch
Rebel Yell
Animal
The Sweetest Taboo
The Number of the Beast
Angel of Death
Bathroom Wall
Call Me
A Fine, Fine Day
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
A Town Called Malice
What's Love Got to do With It
Just A Friend
Fate
It's Like That
Kickstart my Heart
Motorcycle Man
She's Like the Wind
Hot Blooded
Do Ya Wanna Touch Me
No Easy Way Out
Under Pressure
Should I Stay or Should I Go
Everyone Wants to Rule the World
Rebel Without a Pause
Photograph
Heat of the Moment
Private Eyes
Jealous Guy
Breaking the Law
Separate Ways
Back in Black
Hangin' Tough
We Didn't Start the Fire
La Luna
BEAST

Two People

1.7K 134 1
By smurfyphantom06

I found out quickly that talking with Maxen was very easy and never felt forced, and when we did stop talking there was never any awkward feelings looming.

"Thank you for letting me show you around."

"Oh no, thanks for offering...I'm sorry I'm keeping you at arms length Maxen, you don't deserve that." I acknowledged with genuine sadness. "I know what it's like to be strung along, that's why I'm really not trying to ...-"

"You're not stringing me along." He said as he offered me a smile, "we're just getting to know each other, that's it."

I nodded.

He settled the bill and we left shortly after.

When we got back to the bar, it wasn't the first time I noticed how long Maxen and I had actually been out.

"Street lights are coming on and you two are just getting back...have a good time Baby?" CC asked as I took a seat at the bar, Maxen excused himself as he went over to the B&B.

"Actually yes...Maxen told me so much about your people and your history, and the bayou...oh my god, that place is so spectacular CC."

She smiled, "Glad you enjoyed yourself...you should come with us tonight."

"I don't know CC..I'd really hate to impose."

She shook her head, "Nonsense...look we're just grabbing a late dinner and then going bowling...nothing fancy, just a fun night out so go get changed and meet us out there."

"Don't you have to work the bar?"

She shook her head, "Nope, The Crowned Jewel's closed on Sundays."

"But it's opened."

"The building is opened because we got our truck with supplies for the week, but no business...but no drinks in the Northside on Sunday, that's an order."

I nodded. "Maxen mentioned that the Crowned Jewel is sort of an armistice space if you will."

"Yeah." She said, "as I'm sure Max also told you the towners aren't very big fans of ours but respect that the Crowned Jewel is ironically a place of peace where the two sides of town can come together to conduct quick pack business."

"He did."

She smiled, "I'm glad he filled you in on as much as he did...of course there's more to all, but that'll come with time."

I wanted to say I don't know how long I'd be here for my first and only business, but she simply smiled and said "I know." Toward my unspoken thought.

"Speaking of business, I've actually been meaning to talk to you..."

"Me?" I asked, "About what?"

"About our conversation earlier...I'm sure my cousin mentioned my position?"

I nodded.

"Well as the Omega I do have the abilities to talk to anyone in the pack...Diana included."

My heart was racing now.

"You know her?"

She shrugged, "Its a small town...but there's more Baby, but I think Diana should tell you about that herself..."

"So you'd help me meet her?"

"Well I'll do what I can by telling her about you being here...if she chooses to come would be her own choice." She said almost as I'd trying to warn me that the chances of Diana agreeing to meet me were slim to none.

I understood, "Well something tells me the chick from earlier won't be telling Diana about me...plus I've mentioned to a few people in town I'm here on business...I suppose if you told her I was looking for her it'd be more official and business like."

She nodded, "I was thinking the same thing...if you give me your number I can pass it along for you."

"Oh of course." I sounded excited now.

She put my number into her phone and she text me two messages.

[CC: Hey]

The second text was a number.

"Is...is this her number?" I asked her.

"Maxen's..." she shook her head, "and don't argue, just put it in your phone."

She saw I was going to protest so she gave me a more pointed look "...just in case."

I was going to ignore it but decided to go ahead and put his number in anyways...the truthis, I am still just a stranger here in this town and the facts were that Myrtle, CC, and Maxen were the only people I knew here so far...if I needed help I'd have to reach out to one of them...and if I was in danger I couldn't imagine anyone could save me better than Maxen.

I felt the heat rising up to me cheeks and looked at CC knowing she'd more than likely heard that last string of thoughts but she kindly remained silent on it and continued cleaning the glass in her hand.

"Guess there's no harm in having it." I grumbled.

"Cool now go relax and meet us in town around 7 or 8." She beamed.

_____

With time to kill I went up and decided to update my resume... the fact is that when I get back home I'm going to need to find a job.

That one task didn't take very long and I checked social media momentarily...I was tempted to look for Maxen but knew with my luck I'd 'like' or click something of his and it would immediately notify him of my snooping, so I refrained.

I did decide to go downstairs and found Myrtle running a load of laundry.

"Hey peach, how has your day been?"

"Good." I smiled. "Need some help?"

"I've got this...but if you'd like you can shell some peas for dinner."

"Oh...I'm sorry Myrtle, CC's invited me to dinner tonight."

"Oh that's fabulous...I know she and Max left a little while ago."

I don't know why hearing this made me feel a little let down...

She smiled knowingly, "anyways, I'll get you some fresh linens and finish up this load of wash and then take off for the evening then."

"Uh Mrytle...You said Maxen and CC took off, I'm suppose to meet CC tonight, no offense...but is it safe for me to go into the bayou alone?"

"No offense taken Peach, and it's valid concern...Yes you would be safe, but I believe Max is suppose to return if you'd care to have him accompany you."

I nodded and tried to hide my relief.

I let her finish her work in peace and got out of her way.

I decided to go ahead and make my way back upstairs. If we were going bowling, I needed to take CC up on her suggestion and change into something more casual.

Earlier I had noticed that it was pretty humid out in the bayou and decided on a pair of shorts and just a plain White and Navy striped top that I paired with some low top converse.

I also decided to pull my hair up so I wouldn't have it falling in my face while we bowled.

I looked at myself in the mirror above the dresser, I contemplated about changing my outfit...it seemed too plain now that I saw it on.

I shook my head, I knew fully well I had worn this very outfit before and had no problem with it before, I was just being weird.

But it still didn't stop me from looking at the frillier tops in the closet.

But as I thumbed through the clothing options I'd brought, a knock on my door made me jump.

My heart was racing and I went to open the door.

"Hey" I smiled as I looked at Maxen.

He looked at me and a sweet smile lifted his cheeks, "Hey...you look really cute."

I smirked,"Thanks...couldn't bowl in a dress." I add awkwardly.

He smiled again and nodded, "Maybe I should've changed too." He said of his jeans and light grey top.

I shook my head, "No you look good..uh, fine" I blushed.

He smirked, "I'm bumming a ride with you if that's okay, otherwise you can follow me out there...unless you wanna ride?"

Now I was blushing more than ever.

"I'm fucking with you, just wanted to get a rise out of you."

I smacked his arm he knew his innuendos would make me think sexually, and he laughed.

"What time is it?"

He looked at his watch, "Just after 6, what's up?"

"Well I know it's kinda early to meet up with CC so I figured I'd go into town and get a few things like toiletries and what not...I only brought travel sizes with me and don't want to run out." I rambled.

"I'll go with you if you want?"

"Okay then." I nodded and turned to grab my purse and phone.

"If you don't mind can we shop on my side of town...like I mentioned earlier, this side of town isn't too fond of us lingering around.

"No that's fine...plus we'll be on that side of town anyways if CC decides she's ready.

He nodded and together we left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 27 23
A werewolf pack hides in plain sight among humans. Many of them go completly unnoticed by the people in town, all except for Luna. Luna is the young...
697K 17.4K 26
Anna Carey left her mate , quit her studies and went to visit her old pack . After being there for 6 weeks, she realised that she was pregnant with h...
353 92 43
Luka Stone is forced to move to a small town out in the country as his dad gets a new job, but once he is there he finds friends, bullies and the mos...
956 53 13
Aribella was different twice blessed, everyone seemed to be against her, When she finally broke and had enough of the torment she ran. She found anot...