We Didn't Start the Fire

As I walked on I held my shoulders back and my head high like a dignified lady from one of those period piece movies...but in all reality my heart was racing wildly.

All I wanted to do was get to one of the chairs and slink down where they'd hopefully overlook me altogether.

But lucks never been on my side.

"Step forward child." The council member sounded just as I reached the chairs.

I silently nodded and approached the council man (flanked by two armed guards) and bowed my head along with dropping my gaze...this was the traditional sign of respect given to a Were who out ranks you...something not only had I read about, but something Pops personally showed me...and his words from our lessons sprang forward.

"When it comes to the council, no matter how much you hate, or fear them...always respect them...and remember that when in doubt, play up their egos and be as humble and polite as possible."

So that is exactly what I did.

"Council Member, I humbly come before you to introduce myself...I am Baby Parsons and I come here today to beseech you good sir, to consider my candidacy for the Luna Grand position when my birth Mother, Diana Woodrow-Devereaux steps down."

Nothing was said as the council member lifted my chin with his long cold fingers, "Rise dear child...if what you claim is true, then you sweet one have extraordinary blood flowing through your veins...and I dare say I would find it rather difficult for any to refute your claims as the next inline for the Luna Grand...but before that, let's get to the bottom of all of this."

He held his hand out indicating he wanted me to take a seat so we can get this meeting officially started.

I took the empty seat between Pops and CC on the left side of the table, right across us from me was Diana flanked by her husband (who sat across from Pops) and her Beta (who was opposite CC).

I could feel all three pairs of eyes from across the table on me but before anyone could do or say anything g the council member spoke up o cow again... And our attention was fully on him now.

"Luna Grand..." He now said as he took his seat at the head of the long table. "I'm sure I hardly have to succumb to ordering...but as formality dictates we have a true and unfiltered statement from you, I must now order you to tell me who the parents of Baby Parson are.

I was beyond nervous now.

Yes Diana had brought up my father before, but I'd never gotten to ask his name, Other than hearing he was an Alpha's grandson I didn't know anything about him. But I sat as still as I could and listened as Diana reveal the truth about who both of my parents were.

I Diana Woodrow-Devereaux, am the biological mother of Baby Parsons, Fathered by Theander Leeman, Grandson of Alpha Fredrick Leeman of the Moonstone pack.

'Theander Leeman of Moonstone Pack.'

As soon as I get back to the Grandparents house I knew the first thing I'd do would be to find out as much about the Moonstone pack as I could.

"Theander Leeman...he is one of my militia is he not?" The councilman asked for clarification.

Diana nodded her head, "yes sir...Theander was sentenced to the council military for allegations of taking advantage of a minor."

"Allegations?" The councilman picked up keenly. "If he's been sentenced wouldn't that make the allegations more than just that...wouldn't it be truth?"

Diana squirmed in her seat a bit.

"The truth Luna Grand." The councilman said with an almost thunderous voice now, it took everything in me not to flinch or jump from surprise.