Call Me

I woke up due to the sun shining in on my face, I tried to turn and avoid it but didn't hear the familiar creaky bed springs from home.

I opened my eyes and for just the briefest moment I didn't know where I was.

Then it all came flooding back.

I got up and stretched a little before moving to look at the dresses Sammy had suggested...before anything else I came here for one sole reason and I had every intention to keep that goal, to find my birth mother.

I had a name (thanks to CC for giving me her actual name now) and an address...and I wanted to look my best when I meet my birth mother for the first time.

I removed the dress from its hanger before I grabbed my toiletries and makeup and finally left the confines of the bedroom and made my way to the shared bathroom out in the hall.

'Ugh please don't run into Maxen, please don't run into Maxen.'

I made it to the bathroom clear from being seen and let out a small sigh of relief as I hadn't run into Maxen this early. I put my bags on the counter and draped the dress on the bar that housed a hand towel.

I used the toilet before brushing my teeth, washing my face (as I hadn't removed my makeup before bed per the usual) and then hopping into the shower.

Of course all through out the shower I was anxious.

This was really happening.

I tried not to get my hopes up too much...but after talking to CC last night and her confirming she's actually real and she's here, I couldn't help but to allow myself a little leniency on being excited.

Fresh out of the shower I immediately dried off and got dressed before I hightailed it back to the bedroom.

Once again luck was on my side as I didn't have to face Maxen looking like a drowned rat at the moment.

I finished getting ready in my assigned room though (as I didn't want to occupy the restroom for too long).

Thankfully the bedroom had a large standing mirror and I plugged in my hairdryer right next to it and sat down on the floor to begin doing my hair as it was take the longest to dry.

I added some product to the ends and combed it through carefully before I let the hairdryer and diffuser so it's work.

By the time I was finally done with my hair I hardly wanted to do anything in the way of makeup, but this was a special occasion so I pushed through my laziness and put on a full face.

Once finished I unplugged the hairdryer and put away my makeup, I stepped into some wedges that went well with the dress and finally looked myself over in the long mirror, my appearance today was a far cry from yesterdays look of Jeans, t-shirt, and dusty old converse.

'I wondered what my mother will think of me?'

I grabbed my purse and cell phone...double checking that I had the correct address already input into the Maps app before finally heading downstairs.

"Wow." Maxen sounded breathlessly as we crossed paths on the stairs, "G-Good Morning Baby."

"Good Morning." I repeated nervously. "How are you feeling?" I asked as I noticed the wear and tear from the fight last night seemed to vanish over night, all except the cut on his eyebrow...though it was still there, it was significantly smaller and less irritated than last night.

"Much better, thanks...just shifted and healed this morning but i'll be 100 tomorrow...uh, could we talk?"

"A-actually I have something to do today...I'm sorry."