Memory of the Sun

By Zombiegirl777

A young healer is captured by Frieza and his men before they destroy her home planet. What will her life be l... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: A Traumatic Past
Chapter 2: A Timeskip & A Jump
Chapter 3: Sassy Bois Don't Get Candy
Chapter 4: Decision Made
Chapter 5: Gotta Go Fast
Chapter 6: Vengeance & Vendettas
Chapter 7: Meeting Bulma
Chapter 8: Help From New Friends
Chapter 10: Dragonballs & A Hostage
Chapter 11: Saiyan Temper Tantrum
Chapter 12: Maybe We Could Get Along
Chapter 13: Or Not
Chapter 14: The Ginyu Force
Chapter 15: Fight To Survive
Chapter 16: A New Technique
Chapter 17: Reinforcements To The Rescue
Chapter 18: It's Goku!
Chapter 19: Like Musical Chairs But With Souls
Chapter 20: Summoning Porunga & Piccolo
Chapter 21: A Gruesome Battle
Chapter 22: A Gruesome Battle (Part 2)
Chapter 23: A New Start
Chapter 24: Fluff & Fun Times
Chapter 25: Incoming Nightmare
Chapter 26: Frieza's Return
Chapter 27: Another Super Saiyan
Chapter 28: The Waiting Game
Chapter 29: Another Challenge On The Horizon
Chapter 30: Driving School
Chapter 31: Visiting The Briefs
Chapter 32: Visiting The Briefs (Part 2)
Chapter 33: I Care About You
Chapter 34: Training & Togetherness
Chapter 35: Z Fighters vs. The Androids
Chapter 36: Z Fighters vs. The Andriods (Part 2)
Chapter 37: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 3)
Chapter 38: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 4)
Chapter 39: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 5)
Chapter 40: Z Fighters vs. The Androids (Part 6)
Chapter 41: False Threat
Chapter 42: Race to Dr. Gero's Lab
Chapter 43: Another Android & An Angry Saiyan
Chapter 44: Vegeta vs. 18
Chapter 45: A Defeat & New Options
Chapter 46: A Long Lost Friend
Chapter 47: Goku's Nightmare
Chapter 48: Kami's Hesitation & Another Great Evil
Chapter 49: Reunions & Goodbyes
Chapter 50: A Disturbance
Chapter 51: It's Going Down In Ginger Town
Chapter 52: Making Moves
Chapter 53: Tragic Tales & Family Ties
Chapter 54: The Hyperbolic Time Chamber
Chapter 55: Piccolo vs. 17
Chapter 56: Luna vs. Cell
Chapter 57: Luna vs. Cell 2: Transformation Boogaloo

Chapter 9: Elder Guru's Blessing

1.3K 33 2
By Zombiegirl777

"Oh no! You guys are not leaving me alone again!" Bulma shouted, sending a nasty glare towards Krillin and Gohan. "What if someone comes this way looking for a dragonball?!"

Krillin sighed, scratching his head as he tried to think up a plan. "Hey Gohan... Would you mind staying behind for a bit? I promise we won't be gone long..."

Gohan nodded, seeming a little disappointed but nonetheless, he did what he was told. "Yeah, Bulma and I will wait here for you guys... Just be careful, okay?"

"Great, thanks buddy... We'll do our best." Krillin said, glancing at Luna before turning his attention to the Namekian. "Alright, you ready Dende?"

The tiny child nodded as he floated upwards, followed by Luna and Krillin. Luna sent a reassuring wave towards Bulma and Gohan before they took off. "See you guys in a bit!" She smiled, ready to meet whoever Dende thought would be able to help them.

...

Meanwhile, back on Frieza's ship...

...

"Lord Frieza, I have some news I think you'll be very interested to hear..."

"What is it Zarbon?" Frieza questioned impatiently, ready to take out his rage on the next unfortunate soul who delivered unpleasant news.

"I encountered Vegeta while searching for the final dragonballs..." Zarbon said, aware of the fact that he needed something good to report as he still had been unable to locate another village. "And I just wanted to let you know, he won't be causing us any more trouble. He barely put up a fight after I transformed... Now that he's dead we have very little left to worry about."

Frieza paused for a moment, a slight frown gracing his features before he continued. "Zarbon, about an hour ago a scout informed me that an entire village was completely destroyed... Do you possibly know who could have done that?"

Zarbon gulped nervously before answering. "Ve-Vegeta..."

"And unlike all the other villages we visited so far, there was no dragonball there. Do you know who could have possibly taken it?"

"...Vegeta."

"Veeeery good! Now, use your brain for this one, Zarbon." Frieza said slowly as if speaking to a child. "If somebody were to know where that dragonball was... Who would it be?"

"Vegeta-"

"Vegeta, yes. And you said you... Killed him?"

"Wait, sir! It is possible I just left him unconscious!" Zarbon stuttered as he watched Frieza's face lighten up a bit.

"Oh, good. And where did you leave him?"

"At the bottom of a lake..."

Frieza sighed in irritation before shouting, "Minion forty-three, would you come in here for a second? I need an example..."

A man with blonde hair entered the room quickly, saluting the tyrant before speaking. "Private Namole reporting! An example of what, Lord FriezAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

Before he could finish his sentence, Frieza had blasted him into nothing using only one finger as he directed his attention back on the teal man who looked absolutely terrified.

"You see that Zarbon? That's you if Vegeta is not in front of me in the next ten minutes."

"U-uh..."

"Bye!"

Zarbon wasted no time, taking off immediately as he rocketed forward to the place where he had last seen the prince. Knowing that this time, if he messed up... It would be his last mistake.

"Appule!" Frieza shouted, glancing at the purple alien in the room who looked just as alarmed, having witnessed the entire exchange. "Open a line to the home planet... Send word to the Ginyu Force that I want them readied and on their way to Namek, immediately. And tell them they had better not forget their scouters..."

"Y-yes Lord Frieza!"

"I'll be expecting them in five days."

...

Back with Luna, Krillin and Dende...

...

"There!" Dende shouted, pointing to a white dome house on top of a high plateau as he descended quickly, landing on the grass nearby.

"Wow, I'm surprised this place is still standing... It being so conspicuous and all..." Krillin stated, following Dende as Luna did the same.

Just when Luna was about to comment on how quiet it was around here, the door to the building opened slowly, revealing a tall, serious looking Namekian who didn't seem too excited about their arrival.

"Hey Nail! Am I ever glad to see you're alright!" Dende said happily, smiling towards the taller man as Krillin seemed to be lost in his thoughts. 

Woah... He looks just like Piccolo!

"It's good to see you again Dende," Nail commented, remaining rather stoic the whole time he spoke. "You and your friends are most welcome... Guru has been expecting you for some time now."

"So, then Guru knows about everything that's been going on?" Dende questioned as the taller Namekian nodded once.

"There is much to discuss... Come with me, I will take you all to Guru now." He continued, looking towards Krillin and Luna purposefully as he began walking towards the door.

"Wait, Nail..." Dende said, getting everyone's attention. "If Guru already knows about what's happening... Well then, shouldn't he try to move to safer place?"

"Guru is very old..." Nail replied while looking down, "He knows his time is drawing near and unfortunately, he's too weak to move. There is little more I can do for him than stay by his side to protect him until the end."

"Oh no..." Dende mumbled sadly, "I knew he was old but I never thought he'd be leaving so soon..."

"Please, come Dende..." Nail instructed, walking through the door as Dende, Krillin and Luna followed behind him. A few steps later, they were all face to face with a massive Namekian who was seated in an equally large chair. 

W-wow, he's giant! Luna thought, noting that he was the biggest Namek, or creature for that matter, that she had ever seen.

"Master, I've brought Dende and his friend from Earth..." Nail stated before glancing towards Luna. "This girl is here as well..." He added, sounding uneasy as Luna remembered what he had said earlier. 

If this Guru already knows what's happening on this planet... She thought, keeping her eyes on the ground as she became rather nervous. Then he knows about why I came here in the first place...

"Welcome friend," The large Namekian spoke, "It is my honor to be in your presence and I thank you for taking care of Dende, young Acaiian..." Luna's head snapped up as he continued. "Is there something I can do to repay your kindness?"

"How... How do you know of my people?" Luna asked quietly, truly shocked as she thought few planets outside their solar system even knew of her race...

"Acaiian?" Krillin asked, confused as he looked to Luna for an explanation. She was too stunned to noticed him however as she continued to stare at the giant Namekian, who fortunately, answered for her.

"Yes, the Acaiians..." Guru went on as everyone listened patiently. "A peaceful race respected by many... But powerful and fierce in times of unrest. Young one, I take it you know all too well the great evil that has come to Namek. Frieza and his wicked men... Because of him, nearly all my children have been murdered." The huge Namek coughed, catching his breath for a moment before continuing, "It seems they will stop at nothing until they have gathered all seven dragonballs..."

"Right..." Krillin agreed dejectedly, before the eldest Namek went on.

"To Nameks the dragonballs symbolize wisdom and power... But this Frieza sees them only as a tool to serve his greed."

Krillin clenched his fists, becoming angry at the thought. "Forgive me for being blunt Mr. Guru, but that's exactly why we came here! To ask for your dragonball so we could hide it from Frieza!"

Guru sighed as if waiting for him to continue. "I won't let him get his hands on it!" Krillin promised as Luna noticed the determination in his eyes.

"I see... So then you too are collecting the dragonballs?" Guru questioned.

"Yes... But my motives are for good and not evil like Frieza's."

"Krillin lost several of his friends... He wants to wish them back." Dende spoke up, explaining their situation. "They died fighting these evil men on Earth and if they return, they may be able to help us drive them from our planet!"

"Hmm. Very well..." Guru said, lifting up an enormous hand from the arm rest of his chair before speaking again, "Come here child of Earth."

Krillin looked around, pointing to himself as he suddenly remembered he was the only one in this room who was from Earth. "Ah, o-okay..."

He stepped towards the side of the massive Namekian's chair, glancing back at Nail and Dende who both nodded at him reassuringly. "What do I-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Guru placed his large hand on the top of Krillin's head, reading his mind as images came to him at a rapid speed. He saw the child of Katas traveling to Earth and splitting himself in two to form the kind hearted guardian of the planet Kami, and the evil King Piccolo... He saw the battle with the Saiyans, the destruction their evil had caused and the faces of his friends mourning the loss of their comrades...

It was over just as quickly as it had begun as Guru removed his hand while Krillin stood there with wide eyes, wondering what exactly had just occurred.

"Now I have seen your mind..." Guru explained, reaching behind him as he grabbed the one star dragonball from the top of his chair. "Your heart is pure and your intentions are true. Your bravery and your loyalty to your friends are beyond question. You have proven yourself worthy to receive this dragonball..."

"Wow! Thank you sir!" Krillin said earnestly, staring at the orange ball in his hands. "You don't know what this means to me... Thank you."

"That's one down, six to go!" Luna cheered, smiling as she scooped Dende up before giving him a hug. The child laughed, hugging her back as Nail stared at them in confusion. Krillin grinned at the purple haired girl, ready to get back to Gohan and Bulma before Guru interrupted their momentary celebration.

"I only hope there is still time for you to make your wish..."

"Huh, w-well what do you mean?" Krillin asked, the smiles disappearing from everyone's faces.

"Unfortunately, I'm afraid I only have a few days left... If your wish is to be fulfilled, you will have to gather all seven dragonballs before I go. However, if this cannot be accomplished, then the dragonballs will disappear along with me..."

"I'll do my best!" Krillin promised, staring at Guru fiercely. "Whatever happens, I'll guard this ball with my life! And if I can't get all seven in time to make my wish, then neither will Frieza or Vegeta!"

Luna put Dende down, clenching her fists at her sides while making a promise of her own. "Right! We won't let you down Guru!"

Krillin sent her a small smirk, nodding her way as if thanking her as Guru watched them, smiling slightly. "Thank you... You do my people a great service."

"Anytime!"

"Indeed you are brave..." Guru said, pausing for a moment before continuing. "I sense much strength in both of you... Even more than you realize. Though much of it is still sleeping..."

"Still sleeping? Come again?" Krillin questioned, unsure about what he meant as Luna looked on, confused as well.

"Allow me to awaken this power for you..." Guru said, placing his hand on Krillin's head once more. The shorter man smiled nervously, looking as if he was going to say something before a white glow covered the Namekian's hand as an intense power filled the room, causing Luna and Dende to jump in surprise. Even Nail looked rather shocked.

"W-wha... Woah..." Krillin mumbled, feeling new energy flow through his body as he stood there, astonished at how amazing he felt.

"Young Acaiian..." Guru called, motioning to Luna as she stepped forward. "Receive this gift."

Luna did as she was told as everyone watched the same thing happen once more. A great energy filled the room as Luna seemed to glow, the sleeping power within her finally reaching it's full potential. Wow... I feel incredible... Luna thought, lost in this new feeling as Krillin seemed to be doing the same.

"You see? This power has been within you all along..." Guru encouraged, grinning as much as he could before another coughing fit silenced him momentarily.

Everyone's expressions became worried before Guru held up a hand, indicating he was alright. "Um, Mr. Guru, sir?" Krillin asked, getting an idea. "Can you release anyone's power?"

"If they have the power within them, then it is possible."

"But if you do this thing too many times, doesn't it drain your own power?"

"I appreciate your concern for my personal well being," Guru said with a smile, "But the short answer is no."

"Well in that case..." Krillin said, knowing Gohan deserved to know his true power as well. "Would you mind trying this trick on a friend of mine? He's really a great kid and I tell ya, if anyone I know has hidden powers, it's him."

"Bring him to me and if I can, I will unlock his potential."

"Great! We'll be right back... Come on Luna!" Krillin called, walking towards the door before glancing towards the smallest Namek in the room. "Alright Dende, you wait here... I'll come back with Gohan as soon as I can."

The child nodded, running up to Luna and giving her one last hug before they left. "Please... Be careful..."

Luna nodded, turning around before looking at Guru once more. "Thank you Guru, sir." She said, bowing respectfully before turning her attention to Nail. "It was a pleasure meeting you both." She said with a smile, following Krillin out the door before they blasted forward at incredible speeds, eager to tell their friends the good news.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 3.3K 32
(Y/N) is a Saiyan who was sent to Earth as a baby. She was found and raised by a young woman in the woods, who decided to teach her the art of fighti...
2.8K 149 19
Yuuki is a fighter from Earth, looking after her temple when suddenly an ancient evil appears. With the help of Goku and the Z Fighters, can she defe...
10.6K 614 19
Its been years since Frieza's attacks and the battle's existence seemed to pale in comparison to all the other foes that the Z warriors fought there...
132 1 39
What happens when a Saiyan arrives on Earth, with no idea where she came from? A clean slate, with no interest in attacking or training and is humble...