Covenant (A Lapidot Fanfictio...

Par xXNeutronStarXx

It's the last year of high school for our favorite werewolf and her imprint, and school has let out for a qui... Plus

Part 1-Prologue
Chapter 1: Break
Chapter 2: Idea
Chapter 3: Feelings
Chapter 4: Worry
Chapter 5: Strange
Chapter 6: Sick
Chapter 7: Change
Chapter 8: Confessions
Chapter 9: Punishment
Chapter 10: Apart
Chapter 11: Stealth
Chapter 12: Health
Chapter 13: Celebration
Chapter 14: Time
Chapter 15: Forever
Chapter 16: Noticed
Chapter 17: Graduation
Chapter 18: Excitement
Chapter 19: Married
Part 2-Prologue
Chapter 20: Family
Chapter 21: Together
Chapter 22: Terror
Chapter 23: Reassurance
Chapter 24: Control
Chapter 25: Lemonade
Chapter 26: Home
Chapter 27: Preparation
Chapter 28: Instincts
Chapter 29: Anticipation
Chapter 30: The Baby
Part 3-Prologue
Chapter 31: Turquoise
Chapter 32: Loving
Chapter 33: Story
Chapter 34: Rain
Chapter 35: The Return
Chapter 37: Protected
Chapter 38: Rumors
Chapter 39: Hatred
Chapter 40: Stress
Chapter 41: Empathy
Chapter 42: Forgiving
Chapter 43: Difficult
Chapter 44: Houdini
Chapter 45: Safe
Chapter 46: The Call
Chapter 47: Comeback
Chapter 48: Awake
Chapter 49: Recovery
Chapter 50: Shield
Chapter 51: Protector
Chapter 52: Almost
Chapter 53: Amplified
Chapter 54: Overpowering
Chapter 55: Party
Epilogue
Other Projects

Chapter 36: Two

288 9 7
Par xXNeutronStarXx

Peridot remained by my side the entire walk home, even when we were inside. She kept one arm wrapped protectively around my waist and the other keeping distance between her and Topaz.

"Peridot, it's okay," I said.

"She tried to kill you," Peridot hissed. "This is the opposite of okay!"

"Peridot, listen," I said, taking her hands in mine. "...please...just for once...trust me on this. I can feel it. She's changed. She's really changed!"

Peridot studied my face for a moment, her green eyes darting around to examine every inch. Ultimately, she sighed, laying my hand on her cheek and leaning against it.

"Alright," she said. "I'll try. I'm not stopping my strict supervision, though."

I smiled. "I can handle that," I responded.

When we reached the living room, Peridot very carefully took Turquoise from Topaz. She cooed to the little baby until she was happily reaching toward her face. Peridot leaned in, letting Turquoise lay her hand on her face.

"I feel terrible," Topaz said in a voice like honey.

"...it's okay," I replied. "...you didn't know. It's not your fault."

"But it is!" Topaz cried. "I did this all because I believed a lie...I knew I shouldn't have followed her that day..."

"It's fine," I said. "Everything's fine now."

"Peridot hates me," Topaz responded. "And rightly so...she's right...I did try to kill you...I never realized how intimate the bond between you two was...if I had killed you, I practically would have taken half of her away!"

I went silent for a moment, thinking about what she had said. She was right. If I were gone, Peridot was going to struggle with just being alive. Our relationship as imprints had blossomed to romance. With the imprint, it wasn't something we could just let go of.

"...but you didn't," I said.

"I didn't because I never got the chance," Topaz responded. "I would have."

"I'm still here," I said. "Everything is okay now."

Topaz shook her head as Turquoise began to cry. Quickly, I looked at the window. The sky was orange. It was dinner time. I took Turquoise from Peridot and sat down on the couch to feed her. Peridot helped me cover myself up with a blanket beforehand, then she ran off to make us some dinner of our own. I felt Topaz watching me curiously. Who knows how long it had been since she had seen a human—or near human—baby.

Peridot walked back into the living room with plates of food. Topaz tried to follow her, only for Peridot to snarl at her. I felt angry as I took my first bite of my dinner. I hated how much she distrusted Topaz. She was just trying to help us, and Peridot looked like she was never going to let go of what she had done. When Peridot finished her food, she ran off with Turquoise to get her ready for bed, saying that she just wanted to help me. Obviously, she really wanted to get away from Topaz. I knew that she liked helping me anyway.

"...why?" I asked.

"Huh?" Topaz responded.

"...why...Turquoise?" I asked. "How did you know about her?!"

Topaz sighed. "It was recently," she admitted. "I felt that I had gotten enough control of myself that I could be near you without immediately wanting your blood. I was eavesdropping, looking out for a perfect opportunity. Then I overheard about your condition. The perfect opportunity came."

"...do you like babies?" I asked.

"I love them," Topaz answered. "I've always wanted one of my own, but...since I was transformed into a vampire, I've lost my fertility...it's impossible for me to have a baby now. I guess I figured...your daughter can be like the daughter I'll never have." Her expression softened. "Of course, she'd still be your daughter. I'm just the...you said nanny, didn't you?"

"Yeah," I answered.

"Nanny," Topaz said.

"...I think you've already made a good impression on her," I said, smiling.

Topaz's lips curled slightly into a somewhat weak smile. "I guess," she responded.

"...and...I'm sorry about Peridot," I said.

"No, no," Topaz replied. "I deserve it."

"You really don't," I said.

"Yes, I do," Topaz responded. "Just leave her. I tried to kill her wife. Her wife!" She looked away. "...I deserve it."

The sadness in her face didn't let me respond. I only sighed and walked away. I went to my room, where I found Peridot placing Turquoise in her bed. She turned off the lamp, letting her fall asleep. I sighed and walked into the bathroom. I needed to get ready for bed. I was tired myself. After a warm shower, I put my clothes on, brushed my hair, and brushed my teeth. Then I walked out into the bedroom. I lay down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I looked over and saw Peridot also laying there, flat on her back. Her green eyes were glowing in the blackness of the room. She didn't look like she was exactly happy, that was for sure. I began to feel that anger that I had felt earlier that evening. I had to say something. If Topaz was staying, she wasn't going to live with the constant reminder of her past. I couldn't let Peridot keep doing that. I understood that she was only trying to protect me from getting hurt again, but I could tell that Topaz wasn't lying. Finally, I forced myself to roll over so I was on top of Peridot. She stared up at me, her face finally showing that she seemed surprised. I ran my fingers through her hair and pulled her toward me, kissing her. I let her back down slowly. She seemed confused and almost lovesick.

"Alright," she said in an airy voice. "What do you need?"

"I need you to lay off of Topaz," I growled.

"Do you want to get yourself killed or something?" Peridot asked sarcastically.

"No," I answered. "I want you to show some appreciation for the person who is doing us a favor. It's the least you can do, after all. And enough reminding her of her past! She's just trying to forget about that and start over!"

"She's a vampire!" Peridot cried. "At any moment, she could grab you and drink your blood, and you would have no chance of escaping her! No chance! In fact, it would happen so quickly that you'd probably be dead before you even realized that she had grabbed you!"

I leaned in, ruffling her hair and kissing her forehead. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"I know you want to protect me," I said quietly. "I know you just want to keep me safe. I know you love me and our family. I know all that. Can you please just promise to do this one favor for me?"

She studied me for a moment before finally sighing. "I guess I owe you," she answered. "I caused most of this in the first place."

My eyes narrowed. "What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"...I made this conflict bigger by killing Jasper," she answered. "And I'm the reason you even had Turquoise. I owe you."

"Hey!" I cried. "You killed Jasper because you were trying to protect me! Plus, I'm the reason that whole situation even happened! All because of my blood!" I looked over at Turquoise, who was fast asleep in her crib. "You couldn't control yourself that day we..." I shook my head. "And I encouraged you. That was mostly my fault. If I hadn't said anything, we likely wouldn't have done that."

"...I should have stopped myself," Peridot said. "I'm a werewolf. I'm strong enough to stop my instincts. It's me."

"Enough negative talk about yourself," I replied. "You know that was both of us. We both had a part in that." I stroked her cheek with my thumb. "If I had told you to stop, you would have. I know you would've. I didn't tell you to stop."

Peridot nodded. "I'll try," she said. "If it makes you happy."

"It would make me very happy," I replied.

Peridot smiled her sweet, crooked smile at me and leaned in to kiss me. It took me a second to become aware that she had switched our positions so she was on top of me. She caressed my cheek with the back of her hand and leaned in, warmth radiating from her. We were kissing again. I could feel her trying to pull off my shirt. I let her. I knew I wanted this. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the bedroom door open, and light began to flood the room. Peridot was quick to pull the sheets over us and look back at the intruder. It was Topaz, clearly unfazed.

"...Topaz?" Peridot addressed her, much to my surprise.

"I wanted to know what you were doing," Topaz replied. "I was making sure you weren't hurting her."

"I wouldn't hurt her," Peridot said, her eyes narrowing. "She's my imprint. Hurting her would practically be a sin."

"Is the baby alive?" Topaz asked.

"Of course she is," Peridot answered. "...can you...go...now?"

Topaz nodded nervously and left the room swiftly. I heard Peridot sigh in annoyance as she gave my shirt back to me.

"There goes the mood," she said.

"It's okay," I replied. "She's just worried."

"I don't want that coming into my room while I'm trying to be intimate with you," Peridot said.

"Hey," I responded. "You promised."

Peridot sighed. "Yeah," she said. "I did. You're right. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I replied.

I laid my head on Peridot's chest and began to listen to her heartbeat. It was like any human's heartbeat. She really was more human than most people who knew her secret would think. Peridot laid her hand on the back of my head and ruffled my hair, sighing. I could tell she was stressed. I looked up at her right into her eyes, which were still illuminating the area around her face with green light. She looked back at me, studying me as she usually did. I let her study me until I couldn't bear to just stare like that anymore.

"Talk to me," I said. "I want to hear what you have to say."

"You're only going to get mad," Peridot responded. "I don't want you to be angry at me. I've already made you angry enough."

"...you're only going to make yourself bubble over if you don't talk," I said. "Please...I don't want you to lose control of yourself."

"...fine," Peridot replied. "...I just...I don't know how to trust her. What if she's lying to us? What if she's just waiting for the perfect chance to take you from me? I-I couldn't bear to be without you! It would be my fault!"

"Calm down," I said. "I love that you're so dedicated to keeping Turquoise and I safe. If you're right, I'll accept it, but, for now, let's believe that I'm right. We don't want there to be more of a chance that she could turn on us again."

"...you're right," Peridot replied. "You really think through all of this stuff, don't you?"

"All the time," I said. "I'm always thinking."

Peridot carefully took my chin in her hand and tipped my face toward hers. Then she leaned in and kissed me up and down my neck. I giggled at the touch. It was so quick and gentle that it almost tickled.

"It's time for the human to get some sleep," Peridot said, leaning back.

"You better sleep too," I replied. "If you stay up all the time to keep watch for Topaz, you're just going to deprive yourself of it."

"I'll sleep when I feel that everything's a bit safer," Peridot said. "I know I have to sleep at some point."

I lay back down on my back, and Peridot kissed my forehead. She then lay down next to me and wrapped her arms around me. Her warmth made me tired. I fell asleep very soon after in Peridot's arms when I heard the rhythm of her breath slow. She was falling asleep as well. That was an improvement already.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

6.4K 332 17
Steven And Spinel... absolute Enemies. But In Their Junior year of high school, Things change. โ€ขAgain I'm so sorry if I don't spell things correctly...
60.6K 2.5K 34
(If u haven't read Killing Me Slowly, read that first to better understand this story) After a series of stressful ups and downs, early retired gang...
7.1K 418 22
"Her angel's face, as the great eye of heaven shined bright, and made a sunshine in the shady place." Peridot didn't know, from that moment, an angel...