Try Me! [Undergoing Heavy Edi...

By ChocolateCaptain

[Phantom Blood Reader Insert] People challenge others to do things an individual would be too intimated to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Jonathan's Route
Dio's Route
Story Notes
Battle Tendency!!!

Chapter 5

4.3K 170 83
By ChocolateCaptain

When you walked out of the room you saw Jonathan quickly walking down the hall with a white item in hand, "Jonathan?", you ask, when hearing his name Jonathan stops immediately, "(Y/n)!", he turns towards you, then quickly jogs over to you. Seeing him jog hurriedly you felt the tense atmosphere immediately, "JoJo what's wrong? Is your father all right? Is there an-","(Y/n), I need you to listen carefully", Jonathan cut you off, making you straighten up knowing that this was something serious, "I'm listening", you state as Jonathan looks around quickly and pulls you into your room.

After closing the door Jonathan leans down with his voice low,"(Y/n), I believe Dio is poisoning my father", he then shows you the white item he held in his hand, picking it up you scowl as your eyes narrow at its familiarity, "You're right for sure Jonathan, this is poison, I've seen it be used on the streets but I do not know of its origins", you inform. Jonathan's eyes widening a fraction, "Really? Why?", you frown, "Gang rivals used to use them for assassinations, wives used to use them on cheating husbands, I seen it all be used on the streets JoJo, but its origins remain unknown to me", you explain, "Thank you, I have a request for you actually", he trailed off, "What is it Jonathan?", you ask, "Can... Can you keep Dio away from father, I'm not sure if he has more of the poison on him but please keep Dio away while I go search for its origin", Jonathan explains, "Of course Jonathan, I'll keep an eye on him", you bow your head curtly before you both left your room.

As you both left in your separate ways Jonathan looked back at you when you walked away, and worry immediately washed over him,"(Y/n)...", he thought silently, "please be careful, I do not wish to lose you to Dio too", he then left as soon as you walked out of sight. You saw doctors walk in and out of Mr. Joestar's room as you let your hand rest on your hip where your whip rested, "His health is very concerning, isn't it?", Dio's voice came from behind you, turning your head to the side you saw Dio, "We need to talk Dio, preferably somewhere private", you crossed your arms as you fully turn your body towards him.

Dio slightly smirked towards you, "Of course, how does the garden outback sound?", he tilted his head towards the side slightly as he crosses his own arms, you only nod as you follow him outside, when you two reach the garden you tensed as you rested a hand on your whip, "Spill it Dio, why are you poisoning Mr. Joestar", you demand, Dio frowns as his eyes study you. "Now why would you assume that (n/n)", Dio uses Erina's nickname for you as you slightly frown, "I am quite familiar with that powder Jonathan caught you with Dio, you weren't the only one to be raised around the streets of London", you state as you step closer to him. Dio smirks and quickly grabs you by your bandana making you gasp as he reels you in, his other arm wrapping around your waist as he pushes you flush against his body, "I want the money (y/n)", he whispers harshly against your ear as you stiffen up, "You know what it's like to live in the slums, you know the pain of London, all the scars on your body show it", he growls, you wiggle in his grasp as you scowl, "That might be true Dio, but I know that I was loved before I was stolen".

Dio's teeth clenched as he squeezed your body and buried his face in your neck, inhaling your scent for a moment as he growled, "Why, why do you let them live?", you frowned and sigh, "Because they helped me Dio, they helped us". Dio scowled as he let go of you, you looked at him concerned until you frowned in thought, "Dio where is the antidote", you demand, he frowns as he raises his hands in mock of a surrender, "I don't have it, I never did", he states, "Dio-", "Master Dio I found book you needed", a servant cuts you off, "Why thank you, I'll follow you there", Dio states with a smile as he walks past you. You watch Dio's form with concern as he leaves, "Dio what have you done".

Three days passed as you protected Mr. Jostar and the manor, looking at your hand you let it glow yellow briefly –with the unique breathing technique you had to use – as you felt energy swirl and envelope your body until you slowly let it subside, Dio left a while back so is a bit easier to protect Mr. Joestar. When Jonathan finally came home you met with him outside, "Did you find its origin and everything needed?", you ask, "Yes I have brought the police as well", you nod at the answer before looking back up at him, "What will we do now?", you ask, Jonathan looked at the road he came from, "We wait for Dio". And wait you did as you stood with Mr. Joestar listening when you heard the door open -he came down the stairs without Jonathan knowing-, "What's the meaning of this?! Why is it so bloody dark?!", Dio demands as he walks in, you watch as Jonathan lights up a match, "JoJo!", "You're a prisoner Dio Brando, I have all the proof I require and then some", Jonathan declares, the air was heavy as you ready your whip and dagger just in case.

"I tracked down the antidote, father took a moment to go", there was a heavy pause, "Dio, this pains me greatly, for years you were my brother but I have no recourse but to turn you in, I'm sorry, really, I'm sure you don't believe a word of it but I'm telling you the truth", Jonathan explains as you hear Dio take a seat. "Even now you show compassion", Dio pauses, "Jojo I've been a devil but grant me this one wish, allow me to do the right thing for once in my life, and turn myself in", he pleads, your stomach twisted, as much as you wanted to believe Dio, you felt something was wrong, absolutely wrong. "My wicked deeds gnaw at me! The poverty I knew as a child ate away at my moral compass until agreed was all that remained, and the lowest of the low and your father took me in off the street, and I repaid his kindness in poison! The only reason I came back was to surrender myself, if I wanted to flee, you'd never would have laid eyes on me again!", Dio wept, you clench your fists as a terrible shiver shot down your spine.

"I... See your point", Jonathan reasons, "Please allow me to make amends!", Dio pleads, just as you were about to reveal yourself a voice cut in just after Jonathan calls for Dio, "Look alive Master Jostar, he's trying to lure you in like is not", the sound of a match catching fire caught your attention as you look in the direction of the new person. "Right about now you're probably wondering who I am, allow me to allocate ya, the name is Robert E.O. Speedwagon", he introduces, "I had a hunch that Jonathan's run of trouble might not be done, so I followed him back home, I like you Jonathan, so I'm going to offer up a little tidbit-pro-bone-o, living in the gutter you learn to spot low lives pretty quick, if you want to see tomorrow, I've trained my nose to sort out the bad ones from the good once just from a sniff", he explains, "this fellow reeks of brimstone and blood worse than anyone I've ever laid eyes on, he is pure evil right down his very bones! "Is he a victim of circumstance" you're wondering, not on your life! He's been evil since the day he drew his first breath!", he declares as a cluttering of smashed candles comes down onto the floor, as you tried to calm your nerves.

"But don't fret, I've got you a friend, remember him!", a Speedwagon drags out an Asian man causing Dio to gasp lightly, "This man confessed to selling you the poison you used on Father", Jonathan states as a "tch" sound came from Dio, you lower your head as your shoulders sag once you bring up your bandana to cover your nose and mouth, "I've heard enough", Mr. Joestar declared as the curtains revealed you standing next to Mr. Joestar with a few policemen, "You break my heart, why do you? From the day you arrived I have loved you as though you were my own son", Mr. Joestar cough soon after. You looked at Dio's panic-stricken face but once his eyes landed on you they widened, you didn't realize it but tears slowly fell from your half-lidded eyes as you turned your head away from him, you couldn't say anything nor did you have anything to say.

"Father, you're too weak to be down here", Jonathan says concerned as he walks over to Mr. Joestar who then speaks, "you're right, I'll return to my chambers, I don't want to see my boy and chains, do what you must JoJo", then you felt it, that god-awful feeling as JoJo grabs the cuffs it all fell into space where time was slowing, as everyone seemed to slow down around you once you hear Dio speak of some sort of condition. You saw Mr. Joestar move so quickly that you were a second slower to react as you tried to block Dio dagger with your own as you shouted, "Mr. Joestar! No!", Jonathan caught his father as Dio put the mask on while laughing maniacally, "FATHEEER!", Jonathan's voice rang in your ears as you ignore the guns that were fired at Dio, but that didn't mean you didn't witness Dio's body be filled with bullets.

"I was too late", you thought to yourself silently as you look at Jonathan and Mr. Joestar who spoke in whispers, "and I failed", you think to yourself as you slowly look back at Dio's body, you let the shadows of your hat cover your eyes as you tilted your head downwards while you fell to your knees, "... And (y/n)", your head immediately snapped up as you swipe down your bandana from your face and your hat from your head as you crawled over to them with tears in your eyes, "Mr. Joestar I-I could have– I should have–", "Hush child– you are such a lively woman– don't waste those tears on me", he soothes as his voice weakens, "I wish you– the best of luck– finding your family...(Y/n)... Help her... Jonathan", his hand falls from Jonathan speak as he takes his last breath.

Your chest felt heavy as your hands trembled, tears fell from your eyes as your throat throbbing pain, you felt and grab yours and jolted as you look at Jonathan's hand holding yours,"(y/n)...", he speaks softly as you looked at his own teary eyes,"... We'll be okay", he smiled sadly, and you grip his hand tightly.

"– Away from the window!", Speedwagon's voice interrupts the heavy atmosphere, making you immediately lookup, "N-no way", your voice trembles as you watch the thought to be dead man alive and well, hanging upside down from the window, "Dio".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 454 19
- - β”ˆβ”ˆβˆ˜β”ˆΛƒΜΆΰΌ’Λ‚ΜΆβ”ˆβˆ˜β”ˆβ”ˆ - - "𝑨𝒓𝒆 π’šπ’π’– π’“π’†π’‚π’π’π’š π’˜π’π’“π’•π’‰ π’π’šπ’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒇𝒐𝒓?" - - β”ˆβ”ˆβˆ˜β”ˆΛƒΜΆΰΌ’Λ‚ΜΆβ”ˆβˆ˜β”ˆβ”ˆ - - γ€Œβ‚ͺγ€π’…π’π’π’„π’†π’†π’„π’‰π’Šπ’π’…π’†
11K 442 36
You were living a normal life, when suddenly you found out that you- yes, you- had been selected by the Speedwagon Foundation to rehabilitate 11 vill...
37.8K 1.2K 23
AU You guys are 16/17 years old If you don't like violance don't read ;)
322K 10.4K 23
Your family is a close friend of the Joestar's and one day hear about the newest addition to the Joestar's family, so your father decides that you sh...