Death's Middle Name {boyxboy}

FKNichols17 tarafından

"When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknow... Daha Fazla

Warning
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Epilogue

Chapter Three

13.6K 737 106
FKNichols17 tarafından

~Tuesday 28th November 2017~

Alwynn liked Tuesdays, other than the weekend, they were his favourite days. His parents left for work early and returned late, he got to walk to school, and only had to stay there until lunch. Even though it did mean he had to work a longer shift at his job, he didn't really mind.

He locked the front door upon leaving, stuffing his hands into his coat pockets, scolding himself for not picking up a pair of gloves. It seemed by the low temperatures that there might actually be snow by Christmas, unlike the past three years. As a child, Alwynn would have loved that, and didn't care to admit that, at seventeen, he very much still would.

Beginning his walk to the elementary school, Alwynn felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He debated ignoring the text until he had reached the school, not wanting to expose his hands to the freezing air, but wasn't sure whether it was urgent or not. Sighing, he collected the device from his back pocket and looked at the text.

Hudson: You couldn't come in an hour early, could you? Jeth's gonna be late, I'll double your wage. Alwynn rolled his eyes, wondering when his boss would finally pluck up the courage to actually fire Jethro. He may have been a good friend of Alwynn's but he was a terrible worker, always late or caught arguing with the customers.

Alwynn: I should be able to, might be a couple minutes late though. Alwynn had been told once by an old friend that he was the epitome of a doormat, allowing everyone to take advantage of his good, kind-hearted nature. He didn't believe them, yet the comment had stuck with him, and it resurfaced every time he agreed to something that, really, he didn't need to.

Hudson: You're a star, drinks are on me next time you come with Wist. Alwynn smiled, slipping his phone back into his pocket and rubbing his hands together, trying to stimulate the blood flow. He may have been a doormat but, the majority of the time, that worked in his favour.

Alwynn was particularly thankful for the overactive heating system the school had that morning, wading through the sea of children to hang up his coat. Alani and Dakoda seemed to be giggling together, looked as though both had already forgotten about Fate. If only that was how the real world worked, Alwynn thought to himself.

"Wynn, guess what?" Harrison tugged on Alwynn's sleeve, grinning up at him.

"Hmm, let me think," Alwynn crouched down, a smile seeping out onto his face, "is it someone's birthday today?" Harrison's jaw dropped open.

"How did you know?!" he exclaimed, completely awestruck.

"I have my ways," Alwynn chuckled, not wanting to ruin the little boy's excitement by mentioning that he had read the birthday chart their teacher kept, "come on, let's go get you a badge and you can pick something from the birthday basket," Harrison spun on his heel, bounding into the classroom and straight over to the back cupboard. Alwynn followed at a far more leisurely pace, despite the boy's pleas for him to be quick.

"What colour badge would you like, Harrison?" Alwynn asked, collecting the little box of stickers from the top shelf. Pin badges weren't the best idea with young children, stickers may fall off but at least they didn't draw blood.

"Orange!" Harrison insisted, sticking out his chest when Alwynn peeled back the sticker and bent down to press it against the navy fabric of his jumper, "thank you," he said in a far more subdued tone, grinning down at the circular sticker.

"And I'll let you pick something from here," Alwynn put the stickers back where he had found them and collected the blue basket filled with a variety of little items for the children to choose from on their birthdays. Of course, Harrison chose the stegosaurus, thanking Alwynn swiftly before running off to show his friends.

"Y'know, you're gonna be a really good dad one day, Alwynn," Wisteria commented, leaning against the wall next to the cupboard whilst Alwynn rearranged some of the items in there.

"That's if I can ever find a nice guy and settle down."

"What about that friend of your parents?" Wisteria teased, a sly smile on her lips.

"Vant? I wish," Alwynn sighed dramatically, "he's such a gentleman and not to mention undeniably attractive," Alwynn groaned, resting his forehead on the cupboard door, "if only I were ten years older. Twenty-two isn't too big of an age gap, is it?"

"Not to me but I think your parents would definitely have some strong opinions on that situation," Wisteria's smile suddenly flourished and she gripped Alwynn's hands, "not to steal your thunder but I actually have something to tell you," Alwynn awaited the elaboration, knowing Wisteria always had a flair for the dramatic, "I'm pregnant," Alwynn's jaw dropped open, "I was gonna tell you last night with Jeth, and then I thought of leaving it until we were next all together but that wouldn't be for a week and a half and I didn't think Jeth could keep his mouth shut that long," Alwynn pulled Wisteria into a tight hug, grinning more than usual.

"Oh my God, Wist, that's amazing. Congrats," letting go of Wisteria, Alwynn bit back the tsunami of questions he had, "how far along are you?"

"About six weeks, we're hoping for a little boy, although I think Jeth wants twins. A girl and a boy, it would probably be easier in the long run," sometimes Alwynn wished he liked women, purely so he could raise a family of his own. He had no problem with adoption and hoped one day to create his perfect family in any way possible, yet nothing could compare to one's own flesh and blood. Wisteria was so lucky, and Alwynn wished her the best, honestly. It simply piqued his own paternal instinct, he supposed the children at the school would have to suffice.

"In the light of the moon, a little egg lay on a leaf. One Sunday morning, the warm sun came up and - pop! - out of the egg came a tiny and very hungry caterpillar. He started to look for some food," Alwynn flicked the pages of the book, holding it out in front of him so the children sprawled around him could all see the pictures. He liked reading to them, even did different voices for each character, it was nice to bring the books to life for them.

The reading area was simply a pile of cushions and bean bags, able to hold groups of six or so children at a time, and Alwynn was usually the one reading. Currently, he was laid on the biggest bean bag, with a child either side of him and three strewn around his head, all staring intently at the book in his hands.

"On Monday, he ate through one apple. But he was still hungry. On Tuesday, he ate through two pears, but he was still hungry. On Wednesday, he ate through three plums, but he was still hungry. On Thursday, he ate through four strawberries, but he was still hungry. On Friday, he ate through five oranges, but he was still hungry," Alwynn glanced up when he heard the door to the classroom open, seeing Nolan walk in first, a pit of irritation setting in his stomach. He was not taking time out of his actual requirements to suck that man off, that was a step too far.

"And this is the class that your daughter would likely join," Nolan's booming voice grated on Alwynn's nerves, along with that sickly smile the man wore.

"On Saturday," Alwynn continued, opting to ignore Nolan as much as he could, "he ate through one piece of chocolate cake, one ice cream cone, one pickle, one slice of swiss cheese, one slice of salami, one lollipop, one piece of cherry pie, one sausage, one cupcake and one slice of watermelon," Alwynn smiled at the chorus of giggles he received, knowing that was always the children's favourite part, "that night he had a stomach ache," Alwynn looked up once again, almost swallowing his tongue at the sight of Vant and Eternity stood with Nolan, all watching him. With a small wave, Alwynn continued, finishing the book just as Nolan called him over.

"Alwynn is one of the students we have in our work placement plan," Alwynn couldn't help tensing when he felt Nolan's hand on his back, "as you've just witnessed, he is amazing with the children."
"We know, I'm friends with Alwynn's parents," Vant's smile looked strained, yet somehow still so flawless. Maybe he could sense how slimy Nolan's personality was, it wouldn't surprise Alwynn.

"Oh, that must be very convenient for you, free babysitting," noticing the little girl cowering behind Eternity's leg, Alwynn bent down, his body relaxing when the contact with Nolan was severed.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you, my name's Alwynn. What's yours?" the little girl looked up toward Eternity, who nodded briefly.

"Lux," she spoke in a soft voice, clearly rather timid.

"That's a pretty name, do you want to come listen to a story whilst your mommy talks with Mr Pryat?" this time, Lux looked toward Vant, her eyes widening a little, the fear clouding the obvious curiosity in her expression.

"Alwynn will take good care of you," Vant ruffled the girl's hair, "you go ahead, sweetheart," Alwynn rose to his feet, extending his hand for Lux to take and walking with her back to the reading area.

Alwynn didn't enjoy his walk home as much as he usually did. The temperature had somehow dropped lower than what it had been that morning and, once again, Alwynn was wishing he had picked up a pair of gloves. He had been in a pretty good mood all day, until Nolan had asked to see him in his office after Vant and Eternity had left with Lux. How he hated that man.

Walking up his driveway, Alwynn was surprised to see Vant pull up in one of his many cars. A sleek black range rover, God, what was that man's salary? Alwynn didn't have to force the smile on his lips, simply the presence of Vant brightening his mood.

"My parents won't be back from work for like three hours," Alwynn called out to Vant as he strolled up the drive.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I'm not here to see them then," Alwynn's smile faltered a little, "you forgot your blazer at my house last night," Vant held out the folded blazer, smiling when Alwynn's cheeks heated.

"Thank you," Alwynn took the blazer from him, "shit, I must have taken your jacket then, hang on, let me get it for you," Alwynn unlocked the front door, leaving his rucksack by the stairs.

"Keep it."

"What?" Alwynn frowned, turning on his heel, only to find Vant smirking in the doorway.

"Keep it for a while, gives me an excuse to see you again," Alwynn must have been reading the signs wrong, surely Vant was just being friendly. Surely he wasn't flirting with him.

"Um, I'd invite you in for a drink but I have to be at work in like fifteen minutes," Alwynn immediately regretted agreeing to go in an hour earlier, maybe he would have been able to talk with Vant a bit more if not.

"Can I give you a ride?"

"It's OK, honestly, it's only a few blocks down from your house."

"Won't take me too far out of my way then," Alwynn bit down on his bottom lip, suppressing his flourishing smile, "please, I insist."

"OK," Alwynn caved, "give me a second to get changed, you can go make yourself a drink in the kitchen if you'd like," venturing up to his room, Alwynn changed his pants and shoes then began searching for his shirt. Not in his room, not on the hallway radiator, not in the bathroom. Grumbling under his breath, Alwynn entered the kitchen, immediately spotting his shirt laid over one of the chairs... and immediately remembering Vant was there too.

"I'm glad you're so comfortable around me," Vant teased, his gaze set on Alwynn's bare chest, that smirk still sat prominently on his face.

"Believe or not, I actually forgot you were here," Alwynn murmured bashfully, shrugging his shirt on and buttoning it, unable to look Vant in the eye.

"I've never been so glad to be forgotten," OK, that was undeniable, Vant was flirting with Alwynn.

"Stop," Alwynn giggled, covering his face, not wanting Vant to see how much he was blushing.

"You're not self-conscious, are you?" Vant's voice was a lot closer, his intense gaze burning through Alwynn's hands.

"No more than anyone else," removing his hands, Alwynn's heart skipped a beat at how close Vant was stood, towering over him as he had done the night they had met.

"Good, you have nothing to be ashamed of," unlike when Nolan made any sort of physical contact with him, Alwynn didn't even flinch as Vant reached around and straightened his collar. A shiver tumbled down his spine when the tips of Vant's fingers grazed gently over his bare skin, forcing him to bite down on his tongue for fear of what noises may spill out.

"W-Would you like something to eat?" Alwynn stammered, his brain only just working at some conceivable speed. He stepped away from Vant, opening the cupboard door and collecting a granola bar.

"No, thank you, I had a big lunch," Alwynn caught Vant frowning at him whilst he took a bite out of the bar, "how long is your shift?"

"Two 'til nine."

"And do you have anything to eat there?" Alwynn shook his head, debating lying but, for once, not wanting to make up any sort of fabrication, "a granola bar isn't going to be enough to last you seven hours."

"Usually, it would only be six, I'm going in an hour early because one of my co-workers is gonna be late. I'll survive," Alwynn threw the wrapper in the trash can, glancing up at the clock over the door, "it's not like I have time to make any sort of meal anyway."

"I could pick you something up along the way if you like," God, that man was far too nice for his own good.

"I appreciate the offer but, honestly, Vant, I will be fine. I promise you," Alwynn smiled, shrugging on his coat and collecting his phone. He locked the front door behind him, following Vant to his car. Neither spoke throughout the drive, other than Alwynn giving directions, and he feared he may have offended Vant.

"You're not mad, are you?" Alwynn asked sheepishly when Vant parked up, his gaze remaining on his hands in his lap.

"Of course not," a flush of blood fluttered down to Alwynn's crotch when Vant squeezed his hand, "I just think a seven-hour shift is a bad idea when you've had such little food. You could faint if you're on your feet all that time."

"I've done more hours on less," Alwynn murmured with a weak smile.

"That doesn't mean it's healthy. My offer is still on the table, I could go pick something up for you and bring it here."

"I don't want to put you-"

"It will ease my mind, Alwynn," biting his bottom lip, finally meeting Vant's gaze, Alwynn nodded, "give me your number, I'll call you when I get to the store," Alwynn recited his number before unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out of the car.

"Thanks, Vant," he said sincerely, a meek smile on his lips as he waved Vant off, already awaiting that call. 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

5.4K 263 16
Devynn suddenly wakes up in a strange place where everything is uncannily different and monsters are lurking around every corner, waiting to attack h...
4.1K 269 11
| ManxMan | - Historical Fiction - Strong SEXUAL Content | Tossed aside for his sexual preferences, a young lord is abandoned by his family. But, he...
726K 41.2K 57
BOYxBOY || ACTION || ROMANCE || FANTASY || LGBT Wickeds have grown to a whopping 3% of the entire U.S. population. No one knows where they origin...
610K 8.7K 12
PUBLISHED on Amazon! If you are interested in purchasing your own, complete copy of this book, you can find the links for Amazon (US, CA, MX, DE, FR...