Dark Shines (Levi x Reader)

By heichoo

ReaderxLevi. (Y/N) comes home one day to find a stranger in her home, rummaging through her cabinets. Scared... More

Firstly
Robber
Discovery
Creep
Surprise
Author's Note
Boats and Ships
Blanket
Jealousy
Gone
Suspicions
Chase
Out of this world
Bittersweet
Author's note
Sorry
Foreshadow
Return
Anticipate
Appear to Disappear
Hello, Goodbye
If We Ever Meet Again
A/N
The End
Please Explain
Keep Moving Forward
Restart
Author's Note
What If
Final Author's Note

Trust

95.8K 3.8K 13.1K
By heichoo

"Oi, (y/n)." He shook her awake. She responded with a grunt and turned around to look at him bent over on the side of her bed, stepping on Hange's mattress. "I can't sleep."

She glanced out her window and looked at her clock. It was 1 a.m.

"Where's Hange?" She asked him, not acknowledging his statement.

"I made her sleep outside. I would prefer if I slept here." he replied.

"Okay," she said, turning over and going to sleep.

"Alright, move over." he spoke, sitting on the side of the bed.

"Wh- there's an airbed on the floor, Levi." she stated, pointing onto the airbed right where Hange previously slept before she was commanded to sleep in the living room.

"I'd prefer it if I slept beside you, (y/n). We've been together for a week now, I thought you would be comfortable with me sleeping in the same bed for the night," he answered. "but I'll sleep on the floor if that's what you want." he got off the bed and readied himself to sleep on the air bed.

She grabbed onto his hand. "I'm joking Levi,"

"Good." he got onto the bed and grabbed her by the waist, closing the space between them- her back turned onto him blushing profusely. She still wasn't used to dating.

"I thought you don't get into relationships with anyone," she said, looking right to the wall facing her, playing with the blanket.

He pulled in closer, she trailed her fingers along the arm that wrapped around her waist, interwining hers with his. "I don't." He replied, "You're not just anyone to me." He added, "I trust you."

"I trust you too Levi," She added,  squeezing his hand.

"mhm" he replied, trailing off to sleep; she could hear his voice soften as his body gave way to sleep.

---

The sound of the birds chirping outside her window awoken her.

She rubbed her eyes, and turned to Levi who was still sound asleep right beside her.

She stared at him- at every line and detail of his face- he was absolutely stunning. She grazed her finger down from the bridge of his nose, down to his lips, feeling his physical existence before it vanishes.

He woke up to her touch to which she drew her hand back. "Goodmorning," he said in a husky voice.

"Goodmorning," she replied, smiling at him. He reached for the back of her head and pulled her closer, kissing her on her forehead.

Both of them got up from the bed, Levi headed for the washroom, and (y/n) headed for the kitchen where Hange already was, making coffee.

"Goodmorning, (y/n)," Hange greeted cheerfully, "how was your sleep?" she wiggled an eyebrow.

"Goodmorning, Hange. I had a great sleep, thank you for asking." she replied, taking the bread from her cupboard.

"That's nice to hear." She proceeded to sip her drink.

Suddenly the thoughts of Levi came to her mind. She remembered that he had to tell her something about himself and Hange. He hadn't brought it up once since that night that Hange found out they were dating.

"Hange..." she started, putting a slice of bread on the pan.

"yup?" Hange looked at her and leaned on the counter.

"Uhh, well Levi has been trying to tell me something for a while now, but he always gets interrupted, and it's about you and him." Her voice trailed off as she ended her statement.

Hange flinched, almost unnoticably. "Really? I wonder what it's about." her voice vanished into her cup.

"And I just realized that you haven't been doing much experiments on the pathways anymore." she added, "Hange if you need help from me you can just ask." she flipped the bread and flipped it back again when she noticed that it wasn't golden brown yet.

"Yah, sure." she nodded walking towards the dining area and stopped midway. "But, (y/n), if you want to know what it's about, I think you should ask Levi... since he wanted to tell you anyway. Plus he's your boyfriend." She smiled at her. 

She pondered at what Hange just told her, staring blankly into what she was making. Levi came into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. "What are you making?" he looked over at her.

"Oh, I'm just going to make toast and eggs." she tried pulling a smile, but her worries threw it off. "Levi, I just remembered, we have to go grocery shopping today. Do you mind going with me?"

"No, I dont mind." he replied, giving Hange a look. She nodded.

"Okay, we can go after breakfast." she said.

---

"What's on your mind, (y/n)?" Levi said as they were walking back from the grocery store. "You haven't talked much, and I know you took me shopping so we can talk."

She didn't reply for a while, and sighed, "About that thing that you've wanted to tell me for the past few weeks... I figured you wanted to tell me in private, so I took you grocery shopping with me."

He sighed in return and looked ahead of him. "Alright. Since we are together now, I've been wanting to tell you." he paused for a while, hoping that this wouldn't ruin their relationship. "Hange and I haven't been truthful to you." he continued, her heart started beating rapidly. "We know how to get from my setting to yours."

"So," she interrupted, "Hange figured out a way?"

"Yeah, she did. Before I wound up here." he paused. "She was the one who sent me here. I was reading your book and told Hange about the peaceful setting you live in; without titans."

"And?" she replied after he paused again.

"And she created this key that- when used on a door- can open a door to your setting. Our initial plan was that maybe we could use your world to help the move the civilians from my setting to yours. Hange and I thought that it could be a way to keep everyone safe, and to end that world forever. We were here for a while because we are examining your setting and whether it was safe. And it was very safe in contrast to mine. I told you I wouldn't get in a relationship with anyone because I wouldn't want to bear the guilt of having protected them but couldn't. I gave in because I fell in love with you, and I know you'd be safe here; and I wasn't lying when I said that I admired your character."

She didn't reply. She felt like an experiment. She felt lied to. She felt like the only person she was in a relationship with was only in a relationship with her because of the means of examining her environment.

"The day Hange was gone in the morning was when-"

"When she went back to your setting." she interrupted. "Am I right? It was the day I was worried sick that she might have gone back and had no way of getting back here and that you might have been gone the next day too. Yeah I remember clearly, Levi." She coldly replied.

"Do you resent me?" He asked, looking at her.

"No, I don't. But the fact that you lied to me and that you treated me like an element to your experiment makes me feel upset. I didn't know you would stoop so low as to using me for some experiment without telling me, it should have hit you when you saw that I was a living, breathing thing capable of feeling loved and hurt. I'm not an apparatus for your god damn experiment, I get that you're saving people but I just wish you hadn't kept it a secret from me. I was worried every single day because I thought that when I woke up, you both wouldn't be there, especially now that we're together. I know you will be upset with me for responding so unreasonably, but I feel so fooled. You had no intention of actually being my friend and it hurts." she kept her voice monotonous.

"I didn't tell you because it was for your own good." he replied.

"How was it for my own good?" She snapped at him. She couldn't believe she was having a fight with him like this. "You fully told me that you trusted me, Levi. Stop giving me that 'I'm doing his for you' bullshit! You used me." tears ran down her eyes but kept a straight face.

He grabbed her arm and spun her to face him as they stopped walking, "I didn't tell you after we started dating because I was afraid that if you found out, you would follow me back to my environment and you might be endangered," he replied coldly. "I didn't intend to fall in love with you when I got here. I was going to tell you but recently I couldn't even bear to think about how you would react to it." he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Thanks for telling me the truth."

She flicked her hand off his grasp and started marching forward and their walk home became quiet.

As soon as she got home, she put the bags away and went into her room. She ignored Hange's reminder of lunch time.

She knew she overreacted, she shouldn't have reacted as if he was planning to kill her or anything. But still. All the sleepless nights caused by her constant fear of losing Hange and Levi were all worthless.

She spent the whole day in her room, refusing to eat as her anger took over her appetite.

"(y/n)?" It was Hange on the other side of the door. She didn't respond. "(y/n) you have to eat something." No response.

---

She woke up next to Levi, both smiling at each other, enjoying each other's company and sharing each other's warmth.

She pecked his nose and went on to lovingly kiss his lips.

"Sorry," she said. "I overreacted."

"It's alright. But I was part of the blame. I should have told you earlier. I shouldn't have made you worry." he brushed his hands through her hair.

"It's okay, Levi. I love you." she leaned in closer and buried her face in his chest.

"I love you too, (y/n)." he softly replied.

She woke up with a smile on her face, and as soon as she realized it, hot tears started to stream down her cheeks, but she contained it. It was all a dream. She was still in a fight with Levi. But she felt everything- from his warmth to his loving kiss. It was all there.

She looked out the window and saw that it was already morning and went outside to make breakfast. She stopped infront of the doorway in her bedroom. Somehow, it felt odd, but a familiar kind of oddness.

She opened the door and the complete silence of her apartment took her whole.

"Levi..." she called out, "Hange..." she hated to accept it but it was there. The worst has come and she didn't know how to deal with it.

(A/N) I'm so sorry for the long wait for this update omg. The last few weeks have been quite hectic. Erwin oneshot will be coming out ASAP!
Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.2K 23
⚠️18+ CONTENT⚠️ Levi x Female Reader (Warnings: strong language, violence, gore, blood, death, sexual themes, abuse, non-con) THIS BOOK CONTAINS VIOL...
12.7K 597 39
What happens when a fan of aot's gets taken to that world. Probably not all that fun. But y/n is determined to make the most out of it, she has a r...
221K 6.3K 41
~Levi X Bullied Reader ~(F/N) (L/N) is the last girl any Scouting Legion Squad Leader would want to have on their ranks. She is very timid, shy, quie...
414K 12.2K 80
SEQUEL IS OUT Fourteen years ago, before the fall of Wall Maria, Levi Ackerman joined the Survey Corps. Possessing the strength equal to a single bri...