Try Me! [Undergoing Heavy Edi...

By ChocolateCaptain

[Phantom Blood Reader Insert] People challenge others to do things an individual would be too intimated to do... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Jonathan's Route
Dio's Route
Story Notes
Battle Tendency!!!

Chapter 3

5.3K 178 217
By ChocolateCaptain

You knew it would come to this, you could practically taste the rivalry that was brewing.

It was the studies that came first, you all sat together at the same table for studies, you were so engrossed in the book trying to solve the question Mr. Joestar assigned, that was until there was a sharp slap it made you slightly jolt as Jonathan cried out in pain. "You got another one wrong JoJo, look at Dio 20 out of 20 not a single mistake", he points the stick at Dio's direction, you rub your temples with a single hand as you sigh, "(Y/n) you've got an 18 out of 20, no (favorite dessert) until you get the two you missed right", Mr. Joestar declares, you only chuckle, "I'm a former thief Mr. Joestar, are you sure that locked box can stop me?", "(Y/n)!", he scolds waving the stick at you as you laugh, surprising the boys.

Dining was next, after finishing a certain dinner before the boys you were able to eat (f/d), and you savored every bite until a falling glass caught the attention of your ears, you merely shrugged off the noise knowing Jonathan was enjoying his food, but the slam of Mr. Joestar fist made you stop enjoying your dessert. "JoJo! Your table manners are simply abhorrent, you act as if you were raised in a barn", Mr. Joestar scolded before snapping his fingers, "Clear JoJo's plate at once, he's had enough", he orders, your brow twitched at the sudden demand as you stared at your half-eaten dessert, all while Jonathan stares in shock. "That's all the dinner you get tonight, it's clear that I failed in your upbringing when I look at Dio, if only your mother could see you now", Mr. Joestar goes on looking at Dio who is being etiquette in his eating, "Dio's manners are impeccable", Mr. Joestar praises, Jonathan frowns staring at his lap before furrowing his brows and running out of the dining room.

You stare at your plate for a moment before calling one of the servants, leaning in their ear you whispered, "Hide it in the Box, I wish for Jonathan to have the rest", they nod before taking your plate , "(Y/n)", you look at Mr. Joestar, "Yes Mr. Joestar?", "Dio wishes to ask you something dear", Mr. Joestar gestures towards Dio.

Looking over a Dio you raise a brow, "Ask away nino bonito", you wave your hand uncaringly, Dio slightly scoffs before smirking, "Why do you wear such attire to the table, aren't you a lady?", he gestures towards your outfit you always wore -excluding the hat and coat that was removed- crossing your arms you shrugged, "Oh I am no lady Dio, I am still a girl, but I'm a girl that was mostly raised on the streets", you shrug uncaringly. "Actually (y/n), I've been meaning to speak to you about...", Mr. Jostar trailed off, your brow twitched in irritation as you took a deep breath in, "What is it Mr. Joestar?", "You'll have to wear more fitting clothes for a young girl such as yourself", Mr. Joestar states slowly, "I'll wear them on one condition", you state, they both looked at you with slight surprise, "What would that be?", Mr. Joestar asks, "That I wear the clothes I currently wear when I'm out with Dio and Jonathan, you see it's impossible to be a bodyguard while wearing a dress, don't you agree ?", you smile innocently.

You won that argument.

The next was the fighting match, you were dressed well for the occasion, all you had to do is pull off the coat, hat, scarf, and the bandana - as well as your whip and dagger- you went with Jonathan and the boys knew you quite well after you beat at tall muscled boy with a simple move that made him knock out instantly. The ref soon comes on as you leaned on a nearby tree, "Our first runner-up is Jonathan Joestar, he's been looking stronger lately I say", he announces as Jonathan flexes to show his strength, "As for his opponent today it's a boxer we haven't seen before, he's a newcomer to our fair city, all I know is his name", suddenly you felt your stomach churn uncomfortably, "Introducing our surprise opponent Dio Brando!", the ref announces.

You scowl but do nothing as you watch them box it out, you were quite surprised when Jonathan use some of your quick shots on Dio, but unfortunately Dio dodged them -though to be honest his own move sets faintly reminded you of an old mentor of yours- when Dio landed a blow on Jonathan's face you slightly frowned but then growled when you caught Dio slightly sticking his thumb into Jonathan's eye, causing more damage. The boys surrounded Dio as you walked over to Jonathan with your bandana in hand, Jonathan propped up on his elbows as he looked at Dio, "The thumb in my eye, that was on purpose!", leaning down you wiped his bleeding eye, then gave him your sash, coat, and hat, "Give me a round with the niño", you demanded as you take Jonathan's boxing gloves. The boys looked over at you and some of them laughed, "Seriously? Well then, what do you say Dio?", Dio scoffed, "I don't fight little girls", you then laughed as he walked away, "I didn't think you'd be a coward Dio!", your grin as he stiffens up -''Got him'' you thaught-, "What did you call me?", you cross your arms as you walked into the ring, "Deaf too apparently", you fake yawn as Dio seethes silently.

"You're on", Dio growls lowly, soon you two were facing one another in the ring, and Dio thought he saw a faint yellow glow swirl around your hands, but once he blinked he refocused his attention back on you when you landed a hit on his shoulder. "W-what?!", "Pay attention niño bonito", you smirk when he tries to hit your face, catching his fist you grin and twisted his wrist making him yelp as his eyes widen at you, "Y-you wouldn't dare!", you growl lowly, "Try me". With that you quickly pull him forward and uppercut his chin, once he was down, few boys cheered for you while others groaned at your victory, noticing Jonathan's absence you decided to head back to the manor.

The next day you soon find Jonathan near the river with Danny, laying on his back, walking over you sigh softly sitting next to Jonathan, "(y/n)? What are you doing here?", he asks, fiddling with the ends of your sash/scarf tied around your hip you ask, "Jonathan, do you ever feel alone sometimes with only me around?", you ask gently, Jonathan's eyes widened at your question, "No! Why would you say that?!", Jonathan sits up fully as he looks over to face you as you pull your knees up, "Sometimes I feel like I'm withholding you for making new friends, and that's not fair for you Jonathan", you explain. His gaze softened as he rests a hand on your own making you look up at him, "(Y/n), for the past days it felt like Dio was taking a lot from me, from spreading lies to gaining my father's praises, but you always stood beside me, and comforted me in any way possible", Jonathan softly speaks, as you listened intently, "you're my best friend (y/n), and I'm glad to have met you, even if we only knew each other for a short amount of time", you smile as he finishes speaking and lightly run your hand through his hair playfully.

It makes him smile when you do as he leans into your hand, for some reason Jonathan felt his heart beat a little faster when you made contact with his hair, ''Do I... Do I really like her?'', he asks himself, he begins to lay on your lap while you play with his hair, Jonathan studied your face; from the soft smile on your lips, the gentle gaze in your (e/c) eyes, to how your (h/l) (h/c) hair perfectly framed your face. Jonathan then realized at that moment he truly did like you more than a friend should heat rose to his cheeks as he was about to say something, only to be interrupted when the sound of a twig snapping caught both yours and Jonathan's attention, walking up the hill you spotted a basket the familiar blonde girl left behind, "She left something for us", you state while bringing down the basket, "A basket of grapes?... Oh! My handkerchief!", he smiles at you as you smiled in return.

Both of you shout simultaneously at her, "Thank you for the fruit! We'll be here tomorrow if you want to come back!", you and Jonathan look at each other and laugh as you sit down together to enjoy the grapes the girl left you two with. You and Jonathan soon got to know the girl as Erina Pendleton, she was a nice lovely girl helping you cheer up Jonathan and she eventually gave you a nickname you came to accept, (n/n).

She was the one who taught you to be in touch with your feminine attributes, and though you still had a long way to go, Erina was always happy to help, even as Jonathan would watch as you'd get flustered and embarrassed, you all became a close trio of friends and did so many activities together. There was a day where you all played in the waters together splashing and laughing as you all come together to splash on the odd one out, until all of you came out of the water for a small break, you grabbed a towel and began to dry yourself until you heard Erina speak, "What on Earth are you doing to that poor tree?", she asks. Turning around you walk over to them and see all your names carved on the tree, laughing you smiled as you caught their attention, "I guess this tree is going to be our friendship tree right?", you chirp, Erina and Jonathan smile with you and laugh along as well, you all played together until the sun was finally setting, meaning you and Jonathan had to go.

"See you tomorrow Erina!", you both shout as you all wave goodbye to one another before heading home with Jonathan, you and Jonathan talk about what you all could do the next day, all while Jonathan hoped you didn't see the small heart he carved near your name on the tree. The next day you were assigned to accompany Dio for a while and adjust to your new "bodyguard schedule", thus meaning that you'd accompany Jonathan tomorrow, Dio stared at you long and hard while you tried not to yawn, only to do so out of pure boredom.

Dio 'tch'ed before pointing at you, "That's not ladylike at all (Y/n)", "Like I care Brando", you say as you raised a brow at him, "Now go along and study niño bonito, I'll be reading in the corner", you say as you grabbed a book from the library, Dio was silent for a while before he decided to ask, "You have an accent, where are you from?", "Spain", you curtly reply, "So you were stolen from Spain?", he interrogates, you smirk.

"Why so curious Dio? I thought I was below your acknowledgment", Dio looks down at his book before facing you, "You interest me", he states as he studies your form, "You carry a whip and dagger with you at all times, you beat me in a fight within a few seconds, you're never afraid to threaten me, you're pretty bold even when you get in trouble or are in danger", he lists out, "and finally you are not like other girls, why is that?", he asks. You smile, "Think Dio, I was stolen from my family, placed in an orphanage that later burns down, only to be raised on the streets", you say and paused for a moment, "I had a mentor who taught me skills I know now, he gave me the dagger, and the whip was used on me before I found it to be a useful tool that will fit my skill-set", you explain.

Dio's eyes narrowed at the whip, "Why do you keep the whip, it obviously reminds you of the person who used it on you", you chuckled lately, "Because it also reminds me of how I beat them at their own game", you smirk at Dio -whose eyes suddenly softened ever so slightly- as he leans back in his chair.

"Is that why you let people test you?", he asked as he looks at you, you wink at him coyly, "Of course, I always say it in the face of a challenge...", Dio smirked at you, "I bet you wouldn't win any game of chess against me", you only chuckled, "Try me, Dio".

______________________________________

Notes;

Bold italics = Thoughts

Niño bonito= Pretty boy

Finished

Casual: This is what Readers ware for most of this story
Formal: Worn for (obviously) formal events, but the reader does end up wearing that dress often for "casual" days as an adult but continues to ware her Casual attire
Adventure: Obviously Reader will be wearing this when she and Jonathan set off to defeat Dio......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 965 13
Welcome to Morioh, Y/N Kishibe! What a dazzling smile you have, I've never seen one more beautiful! Here we get up to all sorts of wacky adventures a...
7.3K 192 6
A collection of jealous yandere scenarios that I posted on Tumblr. Decided to share them here as well. Reader insert. Beware of gruesome imagery, can...
523K 17.9K 24
You always tried your best to exist as you always had. Completely unnoticed. You went to school, went home, and hung out with friends on the weekend...
36.8K 2.1K 31
βπ—Ÿπ—Άπ˜ƒπ—Άπ—»π—΄ π˜π—΅π—² π—šπ—Όπ—Ήπ—±π—²π—» π—˜π˜…π—½π—²π—Ώπ—Άπ—²π—»π—°π—².❞ It all began in the 19th century, there the story of two brothers took its course. One was b...