Baby

By smurfyphantom06

Baby Walker is the most curious thing to ever happen to the small town of Gershaw, but to Baby this mysteriou... More

Author's Note
When Doves Cry
Another Brick in the Wall
Sweet Child O' Mine
Against All Odds
Faith
Out of Touch
Rebel Yell
Animal
The Sweetest Taboo
The Number of the Beast
Angel of Death
Bathroom Wall
A Fine, Fine Day
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
A Town Called Malice
What's Love Got to do With It
Just A Friend
Two People
Fate
It's Like That
Kickstart my Heart
Motorcycle Man
She's Like the Wind
Hot Blooded
Do Ya Wanna Touch Me
No Easy Way Out
Under Pressure
Should I Stay or Should I Go
Everyone Wants to Rule the World
Rebel Without a Pause
Photograph
Heat of the Moment
Private Eyes
Jealous Guy
Breaking the Law
Separate Ways
Back in Black
Hangin' Tough
We Didn't Start the Fire
La Luna
BEAST

Call Me

1.8K 153 4
By smurfyphantom06

I woke up due to the sun shining in on my face, I tried to turn and avoid it but didn't hear the familiar creaky bed springs from home.

I opened my eyes and for just the briefest moment I didn't know where I was.

Then it all came flooding back.

I got up and stretched a little before moving to look at the dresses Sammy had suggested...before anything else I came here for one sole reason and I had every intention to keep that goal, to find my birth mother.

I had a name (thanks to CC for giving me her actual name now) and an address...and I wanted to look my best when I meet my birth mother for the first time.

I removed the dress from its hanger before I grabbed my toiletries and makeup and finally left the confines of the bedroom and made my way to the shared bathroom out in the hall.

'Ugh please don't run into Maxen, please don't run into Maxen.'

I made it to the bathroom clear from being seen and let out a small sigh of relief as I hadn't run into Maxen this early. I put my bags on the counter and draped the dress on the bar that housed a hand towel.

I used the toilet before brushing my teeth, washing my face (as I hadn't removed my makeup before bed per the usual) and then hopping into the shower.

Of course all through out the shower I was anxious.

This was really happening.

I tried not to get my hopes up too much...but after talking to CC last night and her confirming she's actually real and she's here, I couldn't help but to allow myself a little leniency on being excited.

Fresh out of the shower I immediately dried off and got dressed before I hightailed it back to the bedroom.

Once again luck was on my side as I didn't have to face Maxen looking like a drowned rat at the moment.

I finished getting ready in my assigned room though (as I didn't want to occupy the restroom for too long).

Thankfully the bedroom had a large standing mirror and I plugged in my hairdryer right next to it and sat down on the floor to begin doing my hair as it was take the longest to dry.

I added some product to the ends and combed it through carefully before I let the hairdryer and diffuser so it's work.

By the time I was finally done with my hair I hardly wanted to do anything in the way of makeup, but this was a special occasion so I pushed through my laziness and put on a full face.

Once finished I unplugged the hairdryer and put away my makeup, I stepped into some wedges that went well with the dress and finally looked myself over in the long mirror, my appearance today was a far cry from yesterdays look of Jeans, t-shirt, and dusty old converse.

'I wondered what my mother will think of me?'

I grabbed my purse and cell phone...double checking that I had the correct address already input into the Maps app before finally heading downstairs.

"Wow." Maxen sounded breathlessly as we crossed paths on the stairs, "G-Good Morning Baby."

"Good Morning." I repeated nervously. "How are you feeling?" I asked as I noticed the wear and tear from the fight last night seemed to vanish over night, all except the cut on his eyebrow...though it was still there, it was significantly smaller and less irritated than last night.

"Much better, thanks...just shifted and healed this morning but i'll be 100 tomorrow...uh, could we talk?"

"A-actually I have something to do today...I'm sorry."

He nodded, "No apologies Baby...I'll see you around."

I really felt kind of bad.

Last night we opened a huge can of worms and I agreed to talking all about it with him today...I didn't want him to get the impression that I was avoiding him, because like it or not I had questions for him just as much as I had questions for my mother and I knew I'd only get answers by talking to him.

I should have mentioned I had no idea how long I'd be out today...if it were me meeting my daughter for the first time I would use all the time I had with her.

I turned to tell him I might not be able to talk to him today but he had already disappeared into his room.

I looked at the closed door and contemplated knocking on his door just to let him know not to wait around for me or anything.

'Why would he wait around for me?'

'I'm sure he probably has shit to do today anyways.'

I shook my head and went downstairs.

"Ooh La La..someone looks fancy." Myrtle sounded with a smile as she handed me a plate of food.

"Thanks." I replied with my own smile...I was kind of giddy as I knew I'd be meeting my mother, reality was finally setting in.

"So...I heard you had a pretty adventurous night last night" She said as she took a seat across from me, her own plate of food in front of her.

Shamfully I nodded my head, "I sorta convinced CC to take me out to the fights...so please don't be mad at her."

"You're your own woman, as is CC...So...you saw some things then?"

I nodded once again, "Saw some...curious, things."

"Curious isn't too bad." She countered with a hopeful sort of smile.

I sighed, "That's to be determined."

This time she nodded and together we finished our breakfast in silence.

_____

Once in my car I let out a deep breath and opened up the Maps app and looked at the address that was damn near emblazoned in my memory now, I started my car and the started the route to this house.

As I drove onward I kept the music low.

My gut felt heavy.

In a sense I knew I was nervous...but also excited.

I tried to even my heartbeat and calm down enough to keep my palms for getting all clammy as I'd more than likely try to shake her hand...unless she offered a hug instead.

I smiled but shook my head, "cool it Baby." I said as I sighed, I knew better than to get too carried away.

Expect nothing and you won't get hurt.

A shitty mentality, I know...but it's how I've lived most of my life.

I drove on and noticed the houses got less cookie cutter and had more of an old southern feel as the homes were large plantation style mini mansions, each residence sitting on at least a few acres of private property.

Large willow trees lined the tidy streets, expensive cars sitting in driveways...and as I drove on The feeling of uncertainty hit me as I was now in a very prominent neighborhood and I knew more and more I shouldn't be here.

That gnawing feeling of self-doubt kicked in but I knew this would be my only chance.

I had to press on and continue.

I found the house easily and parked my car on the street (so as not to take up anyone's parking spot).

I got out of the car, straightened my dress, gathered my bag knowing the letter was in there before walking up the large steps.

I knocked on the door with as much courage as I could muster and someone answered immediately.

"Yes Ma'am?" An older woman in an obvious maid's uniform asked as she answered the door.

"Good Morning, I'm sorry to trouble you but I was wondering if Diana Devereaux lives here?"

The lady shook her head, "Apologies Ma'am...Mrs Diana haven't lived here since she married."

I felt a little defeated...CC had told me she was here and stupidly I assumed Diana would still be at the address on the birth certificate so I never actually asked if she lived at the same address as the one on the birth certificate (as I'm sure she'd gotten a good look at it through my thoughts last night).

"That's fine, would you happen to know where I could reach her?"

"You can find her over round the big house up the way, can't miss it." She added.

"Oh, thank you so much...you don't know how much you've just helped me." I said, "if I may, could you tell me who does live here then?" I asked out of sheer curiosity. I mean the home was stunning and I can't begin to imagine a family just walking away from it.

"Mrs Diana's parents still live here ma'am."

My heart raced, 'My grandparents.'

"Are they here?" I asked before thinking.

'Shit what if they are?'
'Do I even want to meet them?'
'They're the ones who made her give me up.'

"Mr and Mrs Woodrow are on holiday, but if you'd like I can take a message for them as Mrs Woodrow checks in every evening."

I shook my head and calmed down a bit now, "no but thank you." I said, "I've taken up too much of your time, but thank you once again for letting me know about Diana."

She looked at me and smiled before nodding her head once as a form of goodbye and closing the door behind her.

I got back into the car and began to drive.

The woman hadn't given me a physical address, only said "the big house up the way...can't miss it." I repeated to myself now as I drove on.

Every house was large, and did in fact seem to get larger. I worried, what if it wasn't even on this street, or in this neighborhood altogether?

But as I got ready to hit the end of the street and turn my car around I noticed a large wrought Iron gate surrounding an unseeable home.

Something deep down told me this was the right place.

I let the car coast forward, and noticed this was one extremely large driveway and unlike the polished charming section of the neighborhood I had just drove through that seemed devoid of life, there were probably hundreds of people walking around.

I parked my car next to tons of other random cars and noticed people freely going in and out of the massive mansion... I mean this place was so big you could easily mistake it for a small University or something.

A few people stopped and looked at me but no one took the time to see if I needed help or anything.

I just walked into the house and began looking around.

"Uh can I help you?"

I turned to find a very snooty girl. She looked like a xerox copy of a Ralph Lauren catologue model.

"Yes, Hello...my name is Baby and..-"

"Baby?" She giggled, "Seriously?"

I looked at her and offered her a tight smile, "Yes...I'm looking for Diana Devereaux."

She lifted one of her perfectly sculpted brows, "What business do you have with her?"

"That's confidental." I replied. "Is she here or not...it is of the utmost importance that I speak to her at once."

She looked at me and literally turned her nose up at me.

'Rude.'

"Baby was it...I'll let her know you stopped by, is there a number she can reach you at or anything?"

I rolled my eyes but took a pen from the side table next to me. "Got a paper?"

"I have a phone." She smiled as she gave off major bitch vibes.

I gave her my number and watched as she put it into her phone...chances are she hadn't actually done it but, if all else fails I'll come back again until I actually talk with Diana.

"It really is important I talk to her, I'll be in town until I speak with her." I said without another word before I left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 388 41
Archer Gray, alpha of Snow Moon Pack, one of the strongest and largest packs from the North, lost his parents at a very young age, and since then he...
207 0 24
Natalya was taken on her way home from school. An all male pack has had her since she was 13. On the day she was rescued a boy she had never seen bef...
703 32 52
Jaiyana Ranger and Asher McHanner are best friends, inseparable. Jaiyana's parents are the Alpha and Luna of the MoonLilly Pack. What happens when th...