The Pieces Of My Heart [Compl...

Af petrichorluvrs

Relationships can either make you or break you but what about a relationship that does both? What about love... Mere

Note
A Glimpse
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 [Last]
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 12

3K 243 190
Af petrichorluvrs

  The restaurant was lavish, one of the most talked about in Karachi. She didn't like lavish or luxurious places to visit but she always managed to find her comfort somehow. Due to the nature of the business of her father, she was used to having these big dinners at places like this. Today, she was feeling some different form of comfort. It was giving her confidence and, but it was also making her feel secure.

They walked inside, and the waiter guided them to the table Azlan had reserved for the two. The table was right next to the large window from where one could see the stunning views of the sea. A natural smile appeared on her face seeing how simple the table looked and how far it was from the main restaurant seating arrangement. She was surprised at how much he understood her without even her telling him. His voice brought her back to her surroundings.

"I felt that you don't like over-crowded or busy places, but this restaurant is my favourite and equally busy, so I made sure we get a quiet place. This works for you, right? If not, we can get it changed or go somewhere else?"

"This is fine. Quiet's good."

She said as she smiled looking at him and he reciprocated.

Both of them placed their orders and waited for it to be served. The silence between them wasn't awkward but they never talked much except work related. For that reason, this silence was normal.

"So, did you always wanted to be a fashion designer?"

His question was random, but it was an attempt to get talking. And it worked.

"Always wanted to be a fashion designer. It's just so cool to make something as creative as one can like or make something as simplest as possible and then wear it too and own it. Like its theirs. Their product. They made it."

Her face was beaming with the happiness as she talked about her favourite work. Work that she badly enjoys doing. He was happy to see her smile so bright like this and that how proud she is of what she does. That too at her best.

"And what about you? You always wanted to be a film producer?"

"I knew I wanted to do some sort of business but then I also didn't want to go the typical route of businessmen. Film making is different but it's the business I enjoy. We started off with small budget films that didn't do very well and now we make so many films every year and they do well. It gives me a feeling of achievement. I always wanted to make something I can be proud of afterwards. Every single film we have made or is under production right now, gives me that feeling of pride."

"You should be proud of it."

She rushed her response because she said it in excitement, but it brought a smile on his face. Meanwhile their food was served but the conversation continued with a different topic.

"Dania?"

"Yeah."

"I am sorry for what happened that night at the event. I am really sorry."

"It wasn't your fault so don't apologise. Honestly, I am fine."

He nods and smiles only.

"But thank you for looking after me when I wasn't in the best of my emotional state. You were a great support. I really value that."

"I had to. It was my duty and you were my responsibility."

He stopped and then comprehended what he had just said. She was just staring at him in confusion.

"I mean it was my event and it was my responsibility to get you home safe."

He wasn't good at covering up the words he had already stated, and Dania just smiled at that. He was so simple yet appeared so tough. She wanted to know why but not now.

----------

"Where are we going now?" She asked looking confused.

"Sea view."

"In this weather?" She looked outside of the window and frowned because it was cloudy, and Karachi was having that day of goodness as it was going to rain.

"It hardly rains in Karachi. Got to make the most of it no?"

Dania just chuckled seeing the excited self in him. They were suddenly acting so friendly and interacting so easily as if all their reluctance and distance was fading away. Faster than expected.

---------

The clouds hid the sun and it was so going to rain. The cold wind was sweeping through their beings making them happier than ever. The cold breeze of Karachi can make anyone smile wide.

They were walking towards the sea side when Dania almost trembled on her step and Azlan was quick to hold her and prevented her from losing her balance. She composed herself and found her ground and continued walking when he held her hand in his, threading their fingers together. She looked up at him when he was looking ahead giving nothing away maybe because he didn't want to make it awkward. A smile appeared on her lips and the next moment she leaned towards his shoulder and rested her head on it. What was making her do it? She didn't know but it was giving her comfort and she wanted to make the most of it.

The feeling of peace and calm was engulfing him from within seeing her comfort that lied with his. In such a short space of time, they managed to create a bond between each other without asking much, without telling much. They were just being themselves around each other and that didn't take much ask. It came to them, naturally and so suddenly.

They found a spot and were now sitting there admiring the beauty the sea brought with it.

"I always come here when I am happy, which is not very often. Last time, I came here when my third film was released and was a huge hit. I had come with Baba. After that, I came today."

She was just looking at him blankly. She had no response to give to this. because she was feeling the thing called happiness after a very long time too.

"Do you still think I am arrogant and full of myself? I feel like that has become my character profile now."

She seemed embarrassed but spoke.

"I used to think you were, but we hadn't interacted that much back then. We had only started working together and you were always so authoritative. But now I know there is more to you than just the serious and strict boss."

He chuckled, and she joined in. And the next moment, the droplets from above were falling making their own space all around the city. It had begun to rain. Dania quickly held his hand and tried to pull him, so they could run towards cover but Azlan didn't care.

"Come. We can stand under the cover. Azlan? Come on!"

"You live in Karachi and you don't love rain? We get so less. Live it while its here."

"You are insane."

"You have a long way to go before understanding me, but you are getting there. Insanity and I are good friends too."

Dania laughed out loud as he pulled her back towards him with his arms around her waist. The sea view was mesmerising with the beauty it was shining with, with the rain. Dania attempted to get away from his hold, but she couldn't. It was a stronghold. He was just staring at her without saying anything. They were drenched but now both of them didn't care.

The loud thunder brought them back to their surroundings and Azlan had moved away from Dania. But he distanced in a way as if he didn't want to, but he had to. Otherwise his resistance would collapse. Dania was just trying to comprehend at what had just happened but before she could do or say anything, Azlan held her hand and walked towards the cover he was pointing to.

Dania was shivering with cold when Azlan took off his blazer and simply placed it on her shoulders to keep her warm.

"You don't have to do this. I am warm."

"You are shivering. And no, your hands are so cold". He said feeling her hands.

"You don't understand but the warmth you have around you is enough for me. It is giving me solace I need."

She finished speaking and a tear dropped from her left eye and rolled down her cheek.

"Dania, what happened? Why...?"

He couldn't finish his sentence because she dropped her head on his shoulder and wrapped her arms around his neck, embracing him in a hug. He wound his arms around her waist too but he couldn't understand why she was behaving like this suddenly.

"Are you okay? What's...?"

"Just stay like this."

And then a minute passed, and another and another. They didn't let go off each other for a good few minutes. But they had to come out of it before someone comes checking on them. The rain had now stopped.

Dania got up at the bench they were sat on. She looked right in his eyes and he did the same.

"You look even more handsome when you are drenched."

She said chuckling and then ran towards the car that was not parked far off. He just smirked and followed caressing his hair.

----------

His car stopped in front of her house. She sighed in relief but also exhaustion.

"The lunch was lovely and so was the rain. Thank you, Azlan."

"Pleasure is all mine."

She turned to her door to get out when she realised she was still wearing his blazer. She tried taking it off when a strand of hair got stuck in one of the buttons.

"Argh. Sorry. One second."

She was struggling to take untangle the hair, but it wasn't just working for her. A playful smirk was playing on his lips, but he decided to help finally. He leaned forward and tried untangling the hair and successfully did so. Dania just stared at him for how easily he did.

"Thank you. Again."

Both joined in a laughter. Dania then walked out of the car and entered her house. He was happy. He was smiling when he saw her retreating back.

--------

Dania entered and found a curious yet teasing brother in waiting of his sister's arrival.

"It rained a lot. Don't you think?"

Dania's eyes fell on her own state. Since she was mostly soaked in water, clearly the comment was at her.

"Are you seriously going to do this?"

"No, I mean, lunches are usually somewhere, where rain can't get in. Like, in a building. So, I was just wondering, what kind of restaurant did Azlan take you to?"

"We went to sea view for a little while and then it started raining and..."

"Hey, hey. I am not interrogating you. Don't sound so frightened, sis. Did you have a good time?"

"I did, actually. He is really sweet."

"Hmm... he is really sweet. Oh, wow. Am I rooting for this love story in progress? Of course, I am."

Dania wanted to run away. Her brother was teasing her, and her face was blushing like anything.

"What are you talking about? I am going to my room. Bye."

And then she was out of sight. Khizar couldn't hold his laugh so he laughed out loud at the sheer innocence and cuteness of his sister who was deeply falling in love without even realising it. He was happy for her. She is finally getting the happiness, she deserves.

It was a good day. They made sure it was.

-------

Feedback!!! I am so excited for you all to read this one.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

36.8K 4.8K 26
This story is about two people who have some past. Both faced something in their life and because of that they become heartless. Book cover: @adorabl...
54.4K 6.9K 41
A girl with a horrible past and a boy with an equally horrible past meet. He hates people but something about her screams calmness attracting him to...
636 90 6
When the love becomes hate what will happen is the love win over the hate ?? . This is a short romantic story of a couple .This story has lot of susp...
11.2K 589 12
meerabh n murtasim both love each other or murtasim hate her... what happens when you met someone whom you lost few years back...